WotLK Classic Fury Warrior Guide
Welcome to our Fury Warrior guide for WotLK Classic, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how all you need to know to play Fury Warrior proficiently. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Fury Warrior maintains its simple, yet satisfying gameplay in Wrath of the Lich King while receiving some exciting new features and great quality of life improvements. Fury Warrior excels in multi-target scenarios, being one of the highest sustained cleave damage dealers out there.
If you would like to see where Fury Warrior falls in the overall rankings among DPS specs for both PvE and PvP in WotLK Classic, we have created pages dedicated to explaining what classes and specializations are the best of the best through multiple factors. However, ultimately, you should not let these lists dissuade you from playing what you enjoy.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Great scaling with high level gear.
- Top damage against 3-4 targets with consistent cleave.
- Top single-target damage in end-game content.
- Not reliant on resources; can sustain combat infinitely.
- Satisfying, simple rotation that feels rewarding to play.
- Very gear dependent, being nearly unplayable without full raiding gear.
- Brings no utility to the raid, only damage.
- Requires 2 Two-handed weapons, whereas other specs only require 1.
Best Races for Fury Warrior
Here you can see the benefits of the different races for Fury Warrior in WotLK. Some racials are much stronger than others, helping you deal more damage. However, you should not let this decide what race you choose; play what you want to play.
Draenei is one of the strongest races in PvE content for Alliance, as Heroic Presence is a great stat boost to your entire party. It still remains a party-wide buff, not raid-wide, meaning the group you are in still matters. This buff helps you with your Hit Rating needs greatly, as well as the rest of the players in your party, making Draenei an extremely powerful choice.
Humans remain a solid choice for Fury Warrior in WotLK, having both Sword Specialization and Mace Specialization to increase your Expertise. Humans are also arguably the strongest race in the game for PvP. Having both Will to Survive, essentially a free PvP trinket, and Perception; Human is a solid choice if you will be doing PvP on your Warrior.
Dwarves are similar to Humans, having Mace Specialization to increase your Expertise. While this racial grants more than the Human version, it is limited to maces only, which restricts your weapon options more.
Dwarves also have Stoneform, which has some uses in PvE and is quite powerful in PvP. With your Armored to the Teeth talent, this will also provide you with a small Attack Power increase for the duration.
Orcs also get Blood Fury, a racial ability acting similar to an on-use Attack Power trinket. While the amount of Attack Power granted by this racial is not much, it is better than what most other races have to offer.
Troll is a also a great choice for Fury Warrior. Berserking is the Troll racial, granting a 20% multiplicative increase to your Haste. This can be a huge damage increase when paired with cooldowns, namely Death Wish as they have the same cooldown, making them a great combo. You also get Beast Slaying, further increasing your damage against any Beast you encounter.
Best Professions for Fury Warrior in Wrath of the Lich King
Engineering on paper is not a great profession for you, but it provides a high amount of utility and added damage that make it arguably the strongest profession in Wrath of the Lich King.
Charged Titanium Specs is a great pre-raid helm option, giving you another easy piece of gear to craft early on. Nitro Boosts is a powerful boot enchant choice, allowing you to cover a large amount of ground quickly. This can greatly increase your uptime on certain bosses that have high movement mechanics. You can also get Flexweave Underlay, your best cloak enchant that also doubles as a slowfall when activated.
Another unique Engineering enchant is Hyperspeed Accelerators, a glove enchant. This gives you another damage cooldown, greatly increasing your Haste every minute. This is a great cooldown that you can get high value from, especially during your Death Wish windows.
Overall Engineering remains a powerful option for everyone as it brings a huge amount of utility and extra damage. If your raid requires you to have Engineering do not feel bad about losing out on a few passive stats as the utility you gain far outweighs them.
Jewelcrafting is an extremely powerful profession in Wrath of the Lich King, being used by almost all classes and specializations. For a Fury Warrior, it provides you with Bold Dragon's Eye and Fractured Dragon's Eye. Fractured Dragon's Eye is a vital part of reaching the Armor Penetration cap in early gear, while Fractured Dragon's Eye is a huge stat increase otherwise.
While Blacksmithing is generally not worth taking over either Jewelcrafting or Engineering, it does have a specific use that is worth mentioning. Blacksmithing provides 2 additional sockets with both Socket Bracer and Socket Gloves. These 2 additional sockets will typically be used to help reach the Armor Penetration cap easier in early raid gear. Even with this option, it is still not recommended to take Blacksmithing over the better professions.
Warrior Addons and Macros
Using macros and addons makes your life significantly easier when playing Wrath Classic, and they can improve your experience a lot, depending on how skilled you are at customizing them.
If you are interested in learning more about addons and macros suited to Fury Warrior, check out our guides below:
- 09 Oct. 2023 (pre-raid gear page): Updated for Phase 4.
- 09 Oct. 2023 (gear page): Updated for Phase 4.
- 09 Oct. 2023 (enchants page): Updated for Phase 4.
- 09 Oct. 2023 (stats page): Updated for Phase 4.
- 09 Oct. 2023 (rotation page): Updated for Phase 4.
- 09 Oct. 2023 (talents page): Updated for Phase 4.
- 09 Oct. 2023 (spells page): Updated for Phase 4.
- 09 Oct. 2023 (this page): Updated for Phase 4.
- 26 Jul. 2023 (gear page): Fixed stat priority for gear set.
- 17 Jun. 2023 (pre-raid gear page): Updated Sidereal Essence prices.
- 17 Jun. 2023 (gear page): Updated Sidereal Essence prices.
- 15 Jun. 2023 (rotation page): Improved for Phase 3.
- 06 Jun. 2023 (pre-raid gear page): Updated with Phase 3 Pre-raid BiS list.
- 06 Jun. 2023 (talents page): Updated talents for Phase 3. Added new Shattering Throw glyph.
- 11 May 2023 (gear page): Updated with Phase 3 Best in Slot lists. Entirely revamped page format.
- 11 May 2023 (stats page): Updated for Phase 3.
- 11 May 2023 (rotation page): Updated for Phase 3.
- 04 May 2023 (enchants page): Updated for Phase 3 epic gems.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (pre-raid gear page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (gear page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (stats page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (spells page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (this page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 10 Jan. 2023 (enchants page): Updated page for Phase 2.
- 10 Jan. 2023 (rotation page): Updated page for Phase 2.
- 10 Jan. 2023 (talents page): Updated page for Phase 2.
- 07 Sep. 2022 (pre-raid gear page): Page added.
- 07 Sep. 2022 (gear page): Page added.
- 07 Sep. 2022 (enchants page): Page added.
- 07 Sep. 2022 (stats page): Page added.
- 07 Sep. 2022 (rotation page): Page added.
- 07 Sep. 2022 (talents page): Page added.
- 07 Sep. 2022 (spells page): Page added.
- 07 Sep. 2022 (this page): Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer