Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Catchup: Neutral Cards Week Two

3 posts in this topic

QKtjpVU.jpg

We are now at the end of the second week of Mean Streets of Gadgetzan spoilers, and I am going to take this opportunity to catch up on the Neutral cards that have been spoiled to date.

Neutral cards are obviously important, as they are the cards that are the foundations of the game. I think in the group below, Blizzard have tried to put in some catch-all cards whose purpose is to stop any one archetype from becoming too dominant.

H7Mwafr.png

Madam Goya is an interesting card. Firstly, to clarify, it swaps with a random minion in the deck, despite the wording implying you can choose. With that in mind, it seems pretty poor, but it is worth noting that you can also choose to put a highly important Battlecry minion back in your deck for a second use. There may be combo decks available with Madam Goya, Barnes, and Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound, but nothing immediately springs to mind.

LJKM5zv.png

I think that conditional Charge is probably a way forward in terms of limiting its power. The three Hog cards above look to all have uses if the meta ends up in a direction compatible with the individual effect. I think they are likely aimed at casual players who don't like certain aspects of the game, and allow those players to counter those aspects with a very well statted Charge minion. In higher level play, I suspect these will not see much play, as the opponent whom it is targetting will be able to play around it, and when these minions do not get Charge their stats seem much less appealing.

eiCMnvO.png

Bomb Squad is an interesting card. The ability to kill a big minion, with tempo gain would be useful in an aggressive or tempo orientated deck, and the downside would be largely irrelevant in such a deck. There are also combo implications where you could bounce the card and re-use it in some instances. I think this card will see some play, but am not sure exactly where it fits in. Blackstreet Leper on the other hand doesn't seem powerful enough to see play. Due to having only one Health, it will often compare unfavourably to the little used Wolfrider

Toxic Sewer Ooze might be another card that sees play. 4/3 for three mana is a reasonable deal, and the Battlecry is a reasonable one. One key reason I think that it might be played is that it comes down on curve after the opponent uses the first charge on their Fiery War Axe.

The week one catch-up can be found here.

Oh, what a fun Sylvanas Windrunner counter. I am not saying that it will be practical but giving your opponent a card with a negative deathrattle is a pleasant thing to do.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Strongpoint said:

Oh, what a fun Sylvanas Windrunner counter. I am not saying that it will be practical but giving your opponent a card with a negative deathrattle is a pleasant thing to do.

Praying for a Trolden clip containing Sky Golem into Baron Rivendare, Sylvanas and Bomb Squad.. Somehow, idk, just a lethal clip with that. Please.