Fiery War Axe — Warrior Card
Table of Contents
Fiery War Axe is a Warrior-only weapon. 2 copies of this card are given to you with the Basic set of the game. You receive a golden version of this card for reaching Level 49 and 50 with Warrior. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Fiery War Axe has good enough stats to be used in attack or defense. The ability to kill two minions early in the game can allow the Warrior to neutralise an enemy board, while the potential to deal 6 damage to the face represents a reasonable threat in more aggressive decks.
2. Constructed Play
Fiery War Axe should be strongly considered in any Warrior deck as either a board control option, or as a damage dealing threat. In Control decks, Warrior often concentrates on removal rather than board occupation, and Fiery War Axe excels in that regard.
Fiery War Axe is a good card in Arena. For 3 Mana, you can remove two early-game minions, and from thereon gain an advantage on the board. Warrior decks tend to require multiple weapons to succeed in Arena, so do not be afraid to draft more than one War Axe if you are low on weapons or removal.
Fiery War Axe was one of the strongest cards in the game at 2 Mana, and was eventually nerfed shortly after the release of Knights of the Frozen Throne to a new cost of 3 Mana.
5. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Rush Warrior Deck
- Finja Murloc Pirate Warrior Deck
- Pirate Warrior Deck
- Tempo Warrior Deck
- No Southsea Captain Pirate Warrior Deck
- The Lich King Fatigue Warrior Deck
- Deathbringer Saurfang Cheap Warrior Deck
- Basic Warrior Deck
- Cheap Warrior Standard Deck
- Grim Patron Warrior Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Arcane Giant Grim Patron Warrior Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Midrange Tempo Warrior Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Cheap Garr Warrior Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Giantfin Warrior Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Chieftain Scarvash Control Warrior Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Mid-budget Emperor Thaurissan Warrior Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Deathrattle Rogue
- Aggro Unite the Murlocs Quest Shaman Standard
- Spell Damage Mage
- Even Rogue
- Control Warlock
- Whizbang the Wonderful
- Warlock Dungeon Run
- Pull of the Day