FORUMS
Malmilero

I need Help with DPS

Hey, I'm just TERRIBLE at DPS'ing but I know the tactics very good, I need some help at getting better at DPS.

Current Rotation:

Black Arrow-Explosive-Crow-Arcane

So, I'm using Cobra Shot to get Focus but sometimes I get a proc for Explosive, should I cancel the Cobra and go for the Explosive?

Current DPS:22k (Butcher HC) 

Current Ilvl: 660

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Malmilero/simple

So, I went HM HC Y-day and there was this hunter http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Prehn/simplehe had 649 or so...and he did 20-21k DPS with ZOUNDS of Rares on him...

I need help badly, I'm a terrible hunter xd

Note: I hate Focusing Shot playstyle.

So, I'm using Cobra Shot to get Focus but sometimes I get a proc for Explosive, should I cancel the Cobra and go for the Explosive?

No, you should not cancel cobra shot for DPS purposes.

In a short fight light butcher that evolves around some bursty phases MM will be better than SV most of the times (Also since you can have almost 100% uptime on sniper training)

Also the lack of Multistrike on the available gear atm doesn't favor SV, so on stationary fights with 100% uptime on sniper training MM should yeild better results than SV, but SV shines in almost any other fights with movement.

In a short fight light butcher that evolves around some bursty phases MM will be better than SV most of the times (Also since you can have almost 100% uptime on sniper training)

Also the lack of Multistrike on the available gear atm doesn't favor SV, so on stationary fights with 100% uptime on sniper training MM should yeild better results than SV, but SV shines in almost any other fights with movement.

This is wrong.

1) Butcher has no burst phases.

2) Sniper Training uptime is largely irrelevant, SV wins regardless.

3) Just because the stats do not prefer SV, it does not make it the worse spec. This is a broken sort of logic which assumes that a spec's DPS is entirely down to the stats you have present on your gear rather than the inherent balancing of those specs.

4) SV is movement locked as MM is because of Focusing Shot. Even more so, actually, because dropping Sniper Training uptime is a tiny penalty.