FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoove

Underhealing Dragon Soul

Hi everyone,

I just thought about something - since Icy Veins has healer guides and such, would you be able to make use of some blogposts I've been making about underhealing in DS10N? They've received positive feedback from a fair few people, so I'll share them if you like. So far I've posted about Zon'ozz and Ultraxion and I've got a Spine post coming out soon.

Let me know if it would be useful!

Stoove

That would be very useful indeed! You should definitely post them here. Do not hesitate to post backlinks to your blog as well ;)

As I have just posted on the resto shaman post, our guides are meant to remain a bit general. The idea is that everyone should benefit from them, even people who just want to have a short overview of what they should be doing. For more complex or sensitive issues, the forums are finally there and, in the future, we will link useful threads (such as the discussion on resto shaman stats) in our guides under a "Going Further" section. Hopefully, we will do the same with your "Underhealing in DS 10N" posts and our encounter guides.

Thanks for the response, yes I'll post them - I'd love some advice on how to do it. I can copy/paste the text into individual topics (or make one ubertopic with all the posts) or just link and post the general summary I have at the start of each. Up to you!

[After some Googl'ing I actually found out what Backlinks are - yes, I will thanks. I'm new to this blogging thing.]

If anyone wants to preview the posts and give me some feedback before posting the content here, you can find Zon'Ozz at;

http://stoove.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/2-healers-1-boss/

.... and Ultraxion at;

http://stoove.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/2-healers-1-dragon/

Spine is coming soon. Needs it's edges smoothing a bit before I'm happy to publish it. Hardmode guides coming as and when I feel confident enough to talk about it. Cheers for the reply Damien!

Your writing style is very engaging, I enjoyed reading your articles. It shows that you've learned how to organize your thoughts, so I never felt lost or anything (and believe me, I often do when I read something that doesn't make enough sense Posted Image)

For Mists of Pandaria, we will maintain a list of stickies with tips and extra resources for the new dungeons and raids, so we'd be happy to list you there.

Btw, you should make "Stoove.wordpress.com" a link in your signature:

Blablabla Blog Description

Apologies for me sounding dumb, but by underhealing do you just mean solo healing / 2 healing encounters that would normally have 3 healers etc?

Thanks for the tip BTW Damien, appreciated! Posted Image And thanks for the feedback on the blogposts, I don't get many people giving proper feedback like that! :o

I think I'll be doing lots of tips and things for raiding and/or speedruns in Mists as well! :D

Edited by Stoove

I like your posts, and I agree with Damien.

To me, "underhealing" means not overhealing, that is making sure that none of your heals are wasted on full HP raiders. Oh well, I can't think of a suitable alternative name :)

I have a question Stoove, do you only make these blogs for 10-man? I'm in a 25-man guild and would be interested in reading something about that specifically. We've been 3-healing ultraxion heroic for quite some time now, and with the 25% nerf we were thinking about 2-healing it next week. Got any ideas on that?

The majority of this expansion we have had to 2 heal quite a few encounters. Fights like Maloriak, Cho'gall, Al'Akir our dps was always way too low. This continued into Firelands and then finally Dragon Soul, 2 healing Ultraxion, Warlord, Spine and Deathwing. Healing has never seemed to be a problem for myself and the other healer, we just always struggled beating encounters with our somewhat lack luster dps.

I never gave much thought to it, it was a nice achievement 2 healing a lot of the encounters but we just saw it as something we had to do to increase our dps. We always saw taking out a healer a better option to 3 healing and 1 tanking fights like Deathwing, especially for 10man fights, having the extra tanking cooldowns and 4set bonus etc helped alot.

The majority of this expansion we have had to 2 heal quite a few encounters. Fights like Maloriak, Cho'gall, Al'Akir our dps was always way too low. This continued into Firelands and then finally Dragon Soul, 2 healing Ultraxion, Warlord, Spine and Deathwing. Healing has never seemed to be a problem for myself and the other healer, we just always struggled beating encounters with our somewhat lack luster dps.

I never gave much thought to it, it was a nice achievement 2 healing a lot of the encounters but we just saw it as something we had to do to increase our dps. We always saw taking out a healer a better option to 3 healing and 1 tanking fights like Deathwing, especially for 10man fights, having the extra tanking cooldowns and 4set bonus etc helped alot.

To a lot of people I've met on my server though (with the same problems), I've suggested underhealing to them and they've instantly told me that's impossible or stupid or too hard or too unlikely (and many other variations thereof). I think that's why I started writing the guides - so that I could prove to people that not only is it possible, but that it's pretty easy once you put some thought into it. My congratulations on 2-healing a large portion of the expansion, I've only done it when we really needed to or when I was bored myself (like basically all of this tier - Dragon Soul has been a snoozefest).

I have a question Stoove, do you only make these blogs for 10-man? I'm in a 25-man guild and would be interested in reading something about that specifically. We've been 3-healing ultraxion heroic for quite some time now, and with the 25% nerf we were thinking about 2-healing it next week. Got any ideas on that?

That's a good suggestion. So far, I only really blog about what I know - right now, that means 10-man normal mode healing from a Shaman perspective. I have raided 25's in the past, so I can probably speculate on good strategies in 25's, but I won't be able to back it up with any experience since there are very few 25man raids on our server. Nevertheless, if you want to get some ideas bouncing around I'd be happy to contribute to a thread on the topic. At some point I'll be doing a post on the primary differences between 25man and 10man (from a healer's perspective).

Another enjoyable read! We found it necessary to 2 heal spine due to the lack of burst on the tendon, always preferring 3 smooth phases rather than having a 3rd healer and having to repeat a phase if not repeat a few phases!

By he time we had reached spine, 2 healing encounters felt really comfortable, mainly due to communication between myself and the other healer. Knowing what your partner is likely to do even if you haven't spoken about it (they lay on hands rather than me using guardian spirit) etc makes it so much easier on mana and cool downs.

Look forward to reading more of your stuff, get yourself posting in the other forums as well reckon we could us your input other issues as well :)

Edited by Peelyon

Have you thought about adding wowhead tooltips to your website? It's really easy, you just need to add

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.wowhead.com/widgets/power.js"></script>
within the
<head>...</head>
tags on your pages.

Then Javascript magic takes over and every link you make to wowhead.com will have tooltips.

Thanks for the feedback Peelyon. I agree that one of the major advantages to 2-healing regularly is that you build up a nice relationship with your partner (that or you fail) - This leads to more open discussions about tactics and coping strategies, which is an excellent bonus.

I found, while doing the research for the guides, that the Paladin I was healing with became a good friend and someone I knew I could rely on when needed. I have to say, you build up a lot of respect for people like that when you 2-heal. Now I've started 2-healing Heroic bosses (take that, Blackhorn and Ultraxion!) I think I'll be able to extend some of what I've written into Heroic versions as well - not forgetting to mention my new healing buddies' prowess! Posted Image

Damien, thanks for the tip. I'll certainly look into it. I'm not really very knowledgeable about the behind the scenes bits (my sort of coding is Fortran), but I'll experiment with it. Thanks! =D

Finally, converting these posts for a Forum guide is still on my list of to-do's. This weekend I spent most of my time writing a Power Auras guide (soon to be published here and later on my blog). Will try and do it in the coming week ^_^

Edited by Stoove
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kaatra
      Hi everyone,

We are a guild that transferred from Alexstrasza to join the progression raiding scene as that server is very low population now. We are currently 8/8N and 4/8H uldir, and looking to move into heroics soon and mythic just after. 

We do more than just raid, we love to do keys, transmog runs, and even some PvP. We have a large range of players from several walks of life and have a unique and fun atmosphere, we are friendly and love helping people. 

We are looking for a few more members for our Sunday/Monday 5-8pm PST, and our tue/third 5-8pm PST. If anyone is interested in raid leading that will work too.

We are primarily east coast based but have a plethora of players that are on at all times of day.

Main needs for our raid team:
      ranged dps
      Healers
      Exceptional players

Of course all players as welcome as we do other guild activities such as world PVP, keys, xmog and other social activities.

So come join this very active guild and we hope to hear from you.

If you would like more information please add my btag at Kaatra#5865.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.
    • By Pain
      Hello guys i would like to share my weakauras for each healing class, hope you like it ?
      Any feedback is appreciated
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      New to Weakauras ?
      You can download it here :
      https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras-2
      Click the link of the weakaura you want which you can find down below  (Import string) On the wago.io webpage links you can find a copy string button on the right, colored red.
      Like this :  When ingame type /wa to open the control panel of weakaura. Select "import" Paste the string from the wago webpage into this. A screen will pop-up and select the import button on it. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Update Log 
      17-06-18 : Pre-pared all healing tools for patch 8.0 will upload them when patch releases!
      20-06-18 : Uploaded the 8.0 release (still in beta will finalize them when patch is live)
      23-07-18 : Shaman healing tool had some small tweaks and improvements
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Summary :
      Shaman Druid Paladin Priest Monk ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Shaman 

Resto Shaman - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/SJAG4cTub        ←
      Resto Shaman - Usable cooldowns

Import string :  https://wago.io/S1u7HqpdZ       ←

Druid 
      Druid - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/H1ZvS9p_b       ←

Paladin
      Paladin - Healing tool

Import string : https://wago.io/BkQJU96dZ        ←
      Paladin - Usable cooldowns 

Import string :  https://wago.io/r1jnNOQ8M      ←
      Paladin - Light of Dawn info *additional*

Import string : https://wago.io/HyrN6y4YZ         ←

Priest
      Holy Priest - Healing Tool

Import string : https://wago.io/SyghGYcqG        ←
      Holy Priest - Trail of light Talent Tracker *Additional*

Import string :  https://wago.io/EyclhaZuZ        ←

Disc Priest - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/SyCn89TdZ        ←

Monk
      Mistweaver Monk - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/ryDtJHY5M        ←
      What's making sound : 
      Renewing Mist - off cooldown

• By Shled
      <PartyCrashers> Alliance - Silvermoon EU
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/silvermoon/PartyCrashers
      De eerste term binnen onze guildnaam is ook onze eerste prioriteit. PARTY! Deze kreet naar nieuw raider bloed staat dan ook onder het motto "Life is a party and everyone is invited". Ook jij bent dus invited! Laten we het echter over één ding duidelijk zijn, want zo hebben we het graag bij <PartyCrashers>... Progressie en genieten van de nieuwste raidcontent is minstens even belangrijk als het feestje!
      Wat kan <PartyCrashers> voor jou betekenen in afwachting van Battle for Azeroth:
      Raiddagen op Dinsdag en Donderdag van 20u00 tot 22u30
      11/11 Antorus HC clears & Achievementruns
      Een ervaren en sociale raidgroep binnen een open-minded en relaxed nederlandstalige omgeving
      Consumables, guild repairs, enchants, gems en vantus runes bij elke raid.
      Alt-raids op off-days, want iedereen verdient purple shinies.
      Een actieve en professioneel ingerichte Discord server (inclusief social channels voor het spelen van andere games).
      Gamers die ook wel eens graag een spelletje Overwatch of PUBG met jou willen spelen.
      Veel shits, gigles en meme's.
      Wat zoeken wij?:
      Raiders in alle geuren, kleuren, vormen en smaken. High priority voor een Tank en verschillende DPS classes (ranged & melee).
      Raiders die hun class & role écht door en door willen meester zijn en hier dan ook actief mee bezig zijn buiten de raiddagen.
      Raiders die openstaan voor constructieve feedback en graag willen groeien! Hiermee bedoelen we niet enkel groeien in iLvl maar ook groeien in skill en teamplay.
      Raiders die graag actief meewerken en meedenken tijdens het raiden.
      Raiders die openstaan voor constructieve feedback.
      Raiders die op raiddagen met hun microfoon in de aanslag mee komen praten op onze Discordserver.
      Spelers met een hoop zin in Battle for Azeroth.
      Spelers met een sociale en vriendschappelijke ingesteldheid.
      Ons verhaal
      <PartyCrashers> bestaat uit een kern raiders die samen doorheen MoP, WoD en Legion steeds de eigen grenzen wist te verleggen! Ook voor BfA is dit het plan. Elke nieuwe raid kan van ons team een Full HC clear tot farm-status verwachten. Zonder een elitist hardcore mentaliteit en een gigantische Epeen trotseren we samen mythic encounters ( zo gingen meest recent 5/9 ToS bosses down als een een natte schotelvod) en trachten we de prestigieuze normal / hc raider achievements te behalen. Yes,... we like mounts :v
      In afwachting tot Battle for Azeroth maakte onze raidgroup de transfer van een dode server naar het bruisende Silvermoon. Aangezien onze groep de enige actieve leden telde binnen een grote NL / BE guild op onze oude server werd besloten om bij de transfer de guild <PartyCrashers> nieuw leven in te blazen!
      Interesse? Super! Voeg een van onderstaande toe op battle.net voor meer info!
      Lucky7#2164 (Recruitment Officer)
      Hoddie#2313 (Guild Master / Raidleader)
      Koyulm#2180 (Raidleader)
      See you in Azeroth!
    • By Doomedknight
      Player Seeking Cross Realm Group for mythic + and Normal Antorus Groups,
      Availability is 6am to 7pm EST tues to friday  7am to 7pm saturday and all day sunday/monday
      not looking to xfer realms, have discord and always studying fights to become better

Doomedknight#1125 if interested
    • By Pocimas
      Hello everyone,
      I want to ask for any tips on my logs, since I think I'm doing something wrong with my resto druid.
      I have good gear (currently 958 ilvl) but I see other druids with similar or less gear do way higher HPS than me on the logs. I think I should be doing more than 900/1k hps, but rarely go above 700 in many fights.
      Here are a couple of logs of Antorus hc:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cHZLXF1t8J7YMwBT
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zGB27L8KYp4HXJZQ
      I searched the logs and I think one of my main problems for the lack of healing is the rejuvenations. Other druids do far more healing with same or less rejuvs, since my average casts is around 450k (and other druids go up to 750 or even 1000).
      I don't know if it's a problem with timing or overhealing (other healers snipping me), but I want to know other opinions.
      Thanks a lot for your help.