Dudeimapokemon

MW Trouble with a mouseover macro for Renewing Mist

9 posts in this topic

I'm relatively new to the MW spec and have had trouble making/finding a mouseover macro for Renewing Mist. So I was wondering is it even possible because it seems wasteful to keep using Renewing Mist on myself and then letting it spread. I use the default ElvUI raid frames 

This is the macro I have for Renewing Mist currently:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists][help][] Renewing Mist

ReM

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,help] Renewing Mist; [help] Renewing MistRenewing Mist

So far from testing it in proving grounds, it works the same as my original macro. I was wondering its the raid frames but all my other abilities work fine with mouseover

Edited by Dudeimapokemon

Have thought about using Clique?  it sets the mouse key binding for you.  I use clique and my middle scroll button to cast that spell.

Calall

I mean, I would just do

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover] Renewing Mist

That will only work on a mosueover target, but really, how many times are you going to be using that spell with out raid frames or a mouseover?

I just tested out that macro in proving grounds and it acted exactly the same as my macro in my first post. It would only cast ReM if I mouseover the target and if I mouseover the raid frame then nothing happens. Yet if I replace ReM with Soothing Mist in that macro then its works just fine when i mouseover the raid frames.

Wow! I found out the issue. The problem is that had ReM bound to Mouse button 4 and I guess that doesn't work with mouseover healing. Thanks for the help anyways! So now I'm using Clique to bind them to mouse buttons  and have them still work.

I have a naga and have never had trouble binding.

At least you have it working now.

Happy Killing :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BrightwingMain
      Just throwing this shower thought out there because why not.
      Would it be possible with reasonable amount of resources and time that you have available, to create couple of generic general gameplay/map guides for Heroes of the Storm? There are already a couple for other games, although mostly pretty old ones. Things like general guidelines for tanking, healing and stutter stepping as well as map guides of what heroes are which priority and how the maps play out? You already have some maps covered at the "map specific advice", but as the "new hero guide format" cuts the map specific advice part off, would adding such thing be possible. Not that I would be desperately in need of one, but if I had to guess, a lot of people would be glad to get them available.
    • By ZuzgwangGroo
      I am a returning player and haven't played my BM Hunter since 2011. What I liked to do when running dungeons with my guild was to make the Tank my focus, then use the following macro posted below. I know a lot has changed since 2011, but I am wondering if the macro language has evolved to the point of being able to improve the macro to only attack if the focus is actively attacking something. Could this be done, and is there any other way we can improve this macro? Thanks in Advance for any help anyone can provide!!!

Grewe

/cleartarget
      /assist focus
      /stopmacro [noharm][dead]
      /petattack
      /startattack
    • By Djingy
      Title, died to Trilliax during Annihilation when using DoS. Stupid on my part but just wondering if theres a cancelaura for it and/or other trinkets. Thanks
    • By Skytea
      Okay so I'm new to monks, I used my legion 100 boost on a monk. 
      Yesterday I ran Neltharion's Lair and Darkheart Thicket, and saw something on Skada that had me wandering.
      I saw that my stagger damage and damage taken from auto attacks is almost the same, even if I'm using purifying brew. Now, the question is:
      Should I be taking more damage from stagger, even if I'm using purifying brew, or should I be taking more damage from autos? Does it matter that much if I'm thinking on tanking for mythic+, heroic raiding?
      (Idk if this is a dumb question, I'm just a 102 monk wanting to learn how to tank correctly)

• By weaverk
      Hi all, 
      here is the thing, my MW (Sitaki) and i are in a bad place - i have tried a lot of strategies, gearing etc but i do not really feel i 'get it' - i am oom quickly in fights (both my trinks are chosen for mana regen), and in general i do not feel good about my heals in raids (M+ is not my focus)
      Approach/rotation - to use vivify as my main spell, essence font either just before a movement phase when i cant heal, or when large number of the raid is missing health, enveloping mists on low tanks, followed by either artifact or vivify spam to get them up. i do have a bad habit to ignore artifact because of slow cast time, so i do hit 12 stacks quite often (and therefore waste some charges i know). i try to have a renewing mist running, but i could probably do better. i dont try fistweaving. i have noticed in fights where i can ignore tanks more, my heals and mana usage are generally better
      Legendaries - i have belt, legs, shoulders and tank chest i use belt and legs atm (because legs are supposed to be very strong and i need to use legs or shoulder slot for 4piece tier
      Consumables - crit food, int flask, prolonged power for pre-pot and channeled mana pot in fight
      Gearing -generally my plan is the 2 mana trinks,  use 2 legendaries and try to maintain 4-piece, switching  the others in desperation when i get depressed with my healing (i have a bagful of gear, and can change to re-align  stats if needed).
      Armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/sitaki/advanced
      Logs - these are my latest, there are a lot more uploaded on warcraftlogs (my rotations on mythic wipes were done knowing we would wipe before i could oom! hc ones after should be good tho) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZFXHWRAkY3fcvKhN/
      TLDR: my MW makes me sad, help me love it again please, any further info needed please feel to ask ^^

Cheers, 
      Sitaki

---- Update
      just noticed i am wearing cloak with no ench/gem, its new - i would probably put int ench and a crit gem