FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
glitzy

need help lvl 90 enhancement shaman rotation

I finally made it to level 90 and I am doing very poorly in the dungeons. I need help with my choices for rotation and how to use them. Or any advice to improve. Currently I have magma totem, unleash elements, earth shock, storm strike, flame shock, ascendance, feral spirit, chain lightning.I have also tried replacing earth shock, with lava lash, but it didn't really help.

My talent choices are nature's guardian, frozen power, totmemic restoration, echo of elements, healing tide totem, unleashed fury. I have 2 glyps..chain lightning and feral spirit.

I have 7,800 agility, 12,600 stamina, my item level is 444.

What can I do to improve? What do I need to change? I try reading things online but don't always completely understand everything. I am getting very discouraged and feel like I have "hit a wall". I would really appreciate any advice.

First of all we need:

• the link to your character's armory (such as http://eu.battle.net...odreth/advanced);
  • a combatlog of the encounter(s) where you feel you are under-performing (ideally on www.worldoflogs.com);
  • the rotation you are using. If you are deviating from the rotation we advise in the relevant class guide, please specify to what extent (and why).
  • Like 1

Hi Glitzy,

It sounds like you're quite new to Enhancement so I think you would certainly benefit from reading the Enhancement rotation guide that we already have written here. Hopefully that should help you a lot.

I also couldn't help notice that you said you're not using Lava Lash a lot. Lava Lash is one of your best spells as Enhancement, and you should be using it on cooldown. Furthermore, to keep the damage of it high it's best to use Searing Totem instead of Magma Totem when there is a low number of targets.

I play mainly enhancement shamans and (in my head, perhaps I'm wrong) am doing quite well in 5 mans, which seem to be your primary concern.

Some simple guidelines

• Use Searing Totem-this keeps up the Searing Flames buff which increases your offhand weapon damage

• If there are more than 5 mobs then use magma totem
  • Open your rotation with Unleashed Elements+Flame Shock
  • Follow the priority list from the enhancement shaman guide here on icy veins, remember this list isn't a rotation it's a "what is more important to push first" list.
  • Renew Unleashed Elements+Flame Shock when Flame Shock is about to wear off (Usually, if your flame shock is glyphed, this will be the second Unleashed Elements after you apply flame shock assuming you cast Unleashed Elements on Cooldown)
An example opening rotation for small groups (1-3) of mobs could be:
  • Searing Totem
  • Unleash Elements
  • Flame Shock
  • Stormstrike
  • Lava Lash
  • Earth Shock
  • Lightning Bolt-5 stacks of maelstrom weapon
For larger groups I change my opening rotation some:
  • Searing Totem (or) Magma Totem
  • Unleash Elements
  • Flame Shock
  • Lava Lash
  • Fire Nova
  • Chain Lighting-if 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon
  • Stormstrike
  • Earth shock
That's what I open with, then I pretty much follow the priority list found here under single target and multiple target rotation.

By no means am I saying this is the know all tell all way to play xD I don't really simcraft so much as run around and kill things till I find out what works for me. There are lots of different ways that can work I'm sure, and for huge number crunchers there will always be a "best" way, but 5 mans hardly require epic min/maxing to pull through with satisfactory numbers.

• Like 1

Ryieahna made an extremely good post there about openers, plenty of detail and a good way to go.

I can't stress enough, though; reading the Icy Veins dedicated Enhancement Shaman guide (linked to twice in this thread so far) is absolutely essential - we can discuss clarifications once we have some common ground to talk over.