wiggiiles

What Are the Best Talents for Ret?

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

So I am going through the ret guide, and when I click on the writers armory page his talents are different in the way he is using Divine Purpose, and he/she has been using that talent a very long time, is it the best talent? I usually use Holy Avenger but just wanted peoples opinions.

I am not big ret player, but as i know -

HA - for AoE fights, when you need burst damage(tectus last phase myph).

SW - for singletarget DPS(butcher style)

DP - for cleave-fights(brakenspore)

Talent choice is fight dependent. HA is fine for ST or AoE where you need high burst damage in a short timeframe; SW is generally better for sustained ST; and DP is usually regarded as the superior talent for sustained AoE. At a glance, the guide's reviewer (not the actual author) is currently using DP presumably because he has 4pT17, which completely devalues both HA and SW.

• Like 1

Talent choice is fight dependent. HA is fine for ST or AoE where you need high burst damage in a short timeframe; SW is generally better for sustained ST; and DP is usually regarded as the superior talent for sustained AoE. At a glance, the guide's reviewer (not the actual author) is currently using DP presumably because he has 4pT17, which completely devalues both HA and SW.

Ahh sorry about that and is that jsut for the 4 piece or 2 piece also?

2pT17 should also bump DP a good bit since it doesn't reset HoW's aCD, meaning procs are essentially useless during Wings but extra HoPo for more finishers outside Wings means more chances to proc DP.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rafim
      So I've got these two specific items. The ACI is one of the most used trinkets on shadow priest, but compared to the Infernal, it has a low ilvl. The effect of Infernal stacks every second, and since critical strike is now the bis stat for shadow priest,  which one of the trinkets would you pick? 🙂

Thanks in advance! 🙂
    • By Buksh
      Hi all,
      Im not sure where to post this but im hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction.
      TL;DR - My DPS is awful and i want to increase it
      I played fire & frost spec back in cata upto 85 and have recently got back into WoW again and finally realised what people talk about when they play "end game" i wish id known about raiding sooner!
      However, My DPS isnt great at all im eq 959 ilvl but my DPS comes out as low as 8-900 sometimes or i can hold a steady 1.1-1.2M. Simc comes out around 1.7M (obviously in a perfect world) but i still feel im doing something wrong.
      Ive watched videos, read forums and im sure my rotation is right. Im using Flask, Food and Runes and Pre-potting. I have some logs here of garothi.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XRqCaL6jFVpW9MnG#fight=5&type=summary&source=23&view=events
      and this is my Raider.io - https://raider.io/characters/eu/twisting-nether/Buksh
      Not sure if ive posted this in the right place OR if ive given enough info to help. but anything would be hugely appreciated.
    • By ase9900
      what will i lose if i Character Transfer to another realm ?
      is there som kinds of limets to amount of gold
      gear in bags and bank
    • By WindowsSeven
      I'm not entirely sure what I am doing wrong that is getting me this result, but I am getting about a 30k dps difference on training dummy when I use a defile, clawing shadows, shadow infusion build than when I use the recommended talents. I left the rest of my talents unchanged and I have yet to see where the dps difference is coming from (arbiter or clawing shadows), but I'm very confused as to how this could happen. Links to armory and mrrobot below.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/wyrmrest-accord/goragi
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/f3a7a9c5f88e4d10b5cb45224684a073
      Defile damage breakdown, Arbiter damage breakdown
      I felt like I had a harder time keeping my disease up and using coldheart on cooldown (or rather whenever at max stacks) with the arbiter build. Am I missing some key thing or do I just need to git gud? Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By Valhalen
      I recommend everyone checking his channel. He does tons of video guides and analysis.