wiggiiles

What Are the Best Talents for Ret?

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

So I am going through the ret guide, and when I click on the writers armory page his talents are different in the way he is using Divine Purpose, and he/she has been using that talent a very long time, is it the best talent? I usually use Holy Avenger but just wanted peoples opinions.

I am not big ret player, but as i know -

HA - for AoE fights, when you need burst damage(tectus last phase myph).

SW - for singletarget DPS(butcher style)

DP - for cleave-fights(brakenspore)

Talent choice is fight dependent. HA is fine for ST or AoE where you need high burst damage in a short timeframe; SW is generally better for sustained ST; and DP is usually regarded as the superior talent for sustained AoE. At a glance, the guide's reviewer (not the actual author) is currently using DP presumably because he has 4pT17, which completely devalues both HA and SW.

• Like 1

Talent choice is fight dependent. HA is fine for ST or AoE where you need high burst damage in a short timeframe; SW is generally better for sustained ST; and DP is usually regarded as the superior talent for sustained AoE. At a glance, the guide's reviewer (not the actual author) is currently using DP presumably because he has 4pT17, which completely devalues both HA and SW.

Ahh sorry about that and is that jsut for the 4 piece or 2 piece also?

2pT17 should also bump DP a good bit since it doesn't reset HoW's aCD, meaning procs are essentially useless during Wings but extra HoPo for more finishers outside Wings means more chances to proc DP.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shuppet
      I need guidance!
      I'm a returning player from the MoP era, I've played throughout TBC and beyond and currently I'm a iLvl 890 Mage. I haven't played any of Legion launch content, no 7.1/7.2 content when I first started playing again. Currently I've been doing all of the broken isles quests, currently on the last which is Suramar and my entire Broken Isles Rep standing is at Honoured across the board at this moment in time (btw this rep wall for flying is a joke).
      So here I am questing, doing dungeons and LFR. Multi-tasking multiple things, I've just received the last follower for the class hall quests, it's so overwhelming and I have no idea what I need to do to make sure I'm not missing out any tasty loot because I'm an avid completionist and wouldn't want to miss a mount or title or anything haha! But like I said, I'm so very overwhelmed by everything and I don't want to be doing things that I don't really need to do unless I get something shiny. Am I gonna be screwed if I skip the Broken Shore? Do i just go straight into argus? I love leveling alt characters but if i do all this, and have to do it again on an alt, I would be so angry. Obviously the Legion flying will benefit the alt, but if I can just skip to Argus(?), is it really worth it? Like jump straight into argus if its not gonna damage my alt toons chances of getting gear? WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING AND WHAT AM I WASTING MY TIME ON? - is the question I'm asking here. I hate missing a trick, please halp ! D;
    • By RaiTaebeck
      So, I'm currently maining Blood DK and that's the spec that I've gotten my 4 legends on. I do occasionally use UH and was wondering which of my legends would be most effective for it. Just a foreword, all of the gear that the legends replace is about equal; all 915-920 and don't cause any major stat changes so its not like using one legend over another causes me to use a bad piece. I have Soul of the Deathlord, which is the one I use most on UH, and I have  Shackles of Bryndaor, Archimonde's Hatred Reborn, and Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus. Does the Shackles passive work on UH, if so, could that be a better boost for Val'kyr[Dark Arbiter Talent] (b/c you can cycle more RP)? Other than that I'm just wondering which out weighs the other, STR or the secondaries?
      Edit: and just in case it makes a difference, my talent build is; http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/unholy/c75z
    • By Fodia
      When I started playing again after several years off, I chose the wrong weapon/artifact chain for my Ret Paladin.  I choose Truthguard instead of Ashbringer.  So I am at 105 with Truthguard now and I was told by Bliz several levels ago that I could swap weapons at some point although I was not told how or when. I don't use Truthguard in play now just a normal weapon and seem to do ok. What must I do?
      From Blizzard -  "I understand you are contacting us about your starting artifact weapon! I know it would be frustrating wanting to use Retribution and the Ashbringer and getting the Truth Guard by mistake. I made this same mistake on my Shaman. I was anxious to get the Doom Hammer and didn’t realize I was required to use the Enhancement spec. I do have some information to share with you.
      The bad news is, once an artifact is selected, there’s no changing that. Luckily, you’re not stuck with this forever. You’ll need to go through some of the story line with the Truth Guard, but once you hit level 102, you’ll be presented with the option to pick up the other 2 artifact weapons. From there you will be able to use any one you’d like. ^_^"
    • By Tiqqle
      Hi ya'll - My Mission is to a make EVERYONE comfortable in PvP and have FUN knowing they're playing their class well, and are able to help contribute to the team. This should decrease the amount of griefers, salty dogs, ragers, and quitters in PvP throughout arena / bgs!! It's my goal <3
      Pushing towards that I wanted to share a PvP Guide I've put together breaking down talents, honor talents, and how to do the rotation for Elemental Shaman. I hope it helps you guys and gives you an edge in PvP. I'll be putting together some more to help break more pieces of PVP.
      Elemental shaman are at the BEST place they've been in for PATCHES!! So it's a great time to push rating and try some different comps out!! 
      My top 3v3 comps:
      1) Boom + Ele + MW/Hpal
      2) Destro + Ele + Heals
      3) Sub + Ele + HPriest
      4) Ele + War + Rdruid
      5) Spriest + Ele + Heals
      My top 2v2 comps - anything other than these is kind too hard to handle with how often there are melee in 2v2.
      1) MW + Ele
      2) Rogue + Ele
      3) Ele + Rdruid
      4) Ele + Hpriest
      Let me know what works for you and what doesnt!!
      The future guides will include
      1) Arena Guide - dealing with positioning, when to do damage, communicating , and key addons that will help you
      2) Battleground Guide - what specs work for each map, little tips and tricks per map type, and how to communicate with your teammates well
      3) UI - reviewing how different UI setups can REALLY enhance your pvp gameplay
      4) Keybinds and Macros - Trying to call out the little changes you can make that can make a big difference, and things you may not be thinking about for Macros/keybinds that could blow your mind.
      -Tiqqle
    • By Deydoridra
      Hey guys,
      I'm new to playing affliction lock and ranged DPS in general really. Can someone help me see why my DPS isn't where it should be? I've changed my stats around and have been playing with my legendaries and rotation but I can't seem to improve. If someone has some ideas it would be much appreciated. 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/arathor/syraice
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/71tcn24XFqBpZf9a/#view=rankings&boss=-2&difficulty=0