sven1olaf

Im back, and need some quick guidance, ret pve

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I just re-fired up my account, thought I was done for good, but nah... i can't quit this game!

Here is a link to my armory:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gilneas/Svenolaf/simple

The new xpac is really different than I'm used to.  I need help with glyphs, a decent leveling build, and some general info on gear I should be working on.  Oh, yeah, whats up with the new stats?!?  no hit?!?  damn... I'm thinking about re-rolling just so I can re-learn all the changes.

I feel like there have been some massive changes to the game since I last played and most google searches I find send back rather vague and overly broad info about the 6.0 pre patch.

Also, are any ret's out there using CLCret anymore?  if so, where can i find a decent lvl 90 string to use as I level?

Please help.  Anything is good.  I was a pretty decent player back in the day, so I should be able to figure most stuff out fairly quickly.

TIA, and I appreciate the time spent reading this.

I didnt play pandaria a lot, but here some difference with drenor:

No hit, mastery need if you attack bofss from behind. If you attack not from behind - boss will parry/block and dodge.

No reforge.

New gear system - boss in heroic dungeon(5 ppl) can drop 630 item, but you have a chance get reforged item 636 lvl. Also you have a chance to get equip with socket(even trinket). For Highmaul raid normal 655 itmlvl it coud be 661 reforged. So item coud be reforged or with soket or both. Also item coud be with "lifeleach/move speed/etc" - usless stats.

You want items with mastery, its your best stat. After mastery you probably want haste/crit/multi. Versality not good stat, at least with low gear lvl(<680 for shure). But first of all - strenght is best for you. So first of all bust your itmlvl(couse it will give you more str).

http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#ZZzPb0NaOGr1L- this is your build for lvling.

About rotations addons and other stuff you coud read here - http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribution-paladin-pve-dps-guide

• Like 1

Thanks a ton for the reply Elarion!!!

Very helpfull stuff. Is their some sort of legendary quest or heirloom gear I should be rocking as well?

Legendary quest for 640-680-690-710(or 700 do not remember) ring. First quest you will get in your garrison at 98lvl, so u probably wont miss it(orange sign at "void" mob). After you get it you shoud go to one normal dungeon and you will get 640 ring. After this you will need end 3 heroic dungeons, so you will get 680 ring. For 690 ring you shoud go to HighMaul raid, kill 2 last boses and collect ~100 items wich drops from all boses in HM. And last ring - quest for BlackROckFoundry raid.

So for now - get 640 at 98, and 680 at 100.

Heirloom only for 85lvl, at 25 feb will be patch 6.1 there will be new heirloom system, so you coud graid it to 100 lvl, but it will cost gold.

Also you can read this about gearing - http://www.wowhead.com/guides/gear/wod/gearing-up-in-warlords-of-draenor

I reccomend you questing in nagrand(when your garrison send you there), couse there is highest itmlvl rewards for quests, so it will be easier for you to hit 610 itmlvl, which you need for heroic dungeons, and 615 for LfR highmaul.

Also you coud try challange-dungeons, it will award you(daily quest) with 640 gear.

Or you coud buy some gear from AH, it cost not rly much now.

Also there is 3 worldboses, but 2 of them with same CD. so you coud kill 2 boses and get 640 and 665(or 55 do not remember) gear also.

For leveling i never go to nagrand, i think it's faster to stay in spires. i go 90-92 frostfire ridge/shadowmoon valley, 94-96 gorgrond (This can be done in under 40 minutes if you just do objective quests), and then 94-96 or 97 in talador, and finally 97-100 in spires. It takes under 10 hours (8 normally)

And for gear and specc, look at the guides on this site, they are really helpfull.

And depending on your amount of gold and your server price, it can be helpfull to buy a couple 640 ilvl pieces to level with, (weapon and trinket helps the most)

It's okay not go to nagrand, if you will buy some equip, but if you dont - it's will take time to get itmlvl. When i start play(first days of draenor) i dont have enough money for 640 items(it was like 20k for one item), and i have to quest in nagrand and farm dungeons, it was rly annoing. Maby in spires you coud hit 610-615 lvl for heroic and lfr, but as i remember, i didnt.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyberwolf
      Looking for gear for seasonal and best build for it as well so I can do the seasonal stuff can any one help me with this .
    • By Babblet
      Location: – Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof

About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; we used to be a four day raiding guild but over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities and are now a two day raiding guild. We had to cut our total hours spent playing WoW but we still remain just as competitive and result oriented.

Mandatory reading.
      Basics: be ilvl 920+; 52+ points in MS Artifact Weapon.
      Raiding 101: be able to execute/avoid fight mechanics; communicate in English and use a microphone.
      We raid twice a week, a total of 6 hours; attendance of 90% is mandatory. We require you to function at 100% from the second the raid starts all the way to its end; if you cannot commit to a raiding schedule and be online on time this is not a guild for you.

Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 11:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.

Recruitment: Ranged DPS /  Heals

Legion Progression:
      EN 7/7 Heroic
      ToV 3/3 Heroic
      NH 10/10 Heroic
      ToS 9/9 Heroic
      Antorus 6/11 Heroic

Contacts:  
      BTag: Shig#1825

*Do not send PMs, get in touch in-game; do not contact unless you are ready to transfer if accepted for a permanent raid spot.
    • By Exploit
      Hi everyone,
      I, like many others, are trying to maximize DPS for their respective classes, mine in particular being ret paladin.
      In general, it seems like there are several sources of information for dps for each class.
      Icy Veins Mr Robot Raidbots (Simulation Craft) Warcraft Logs Each with its own set of criteria as to what determines high dps. And I find inconsistency when bouncing between the different sources. I want to understand what am I missing when it comes to each. I will lay out what I currently understand, and would like some feedback as to what I may not be considering in each as well as some advice as to what other options I could be exploring (resources) to further the insight into whats applicable for my current state.
      Icy Veins
      For Icy Veins, in particular, the stat weights, are mostly vaguely determined. From the ret guide:

If I am reading this right, its Mastery >= Haste > Ver >= Crit = Str
      Mr Robot
      I use the addOn and I subscribe for the Best In Bags function. When I plug in my information in, the site recommends that I go with my 2pce t20 and balance around my legendaries with a focus on haste pieces (haste gems are emphasized).
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/a42136294c7f40b2b7ee78023306d786
      Stat weights as listed in MrRobot:
      MrRobot Stat Weights
      From what I am seeing, Crit is most emphasized, and the one crit gem + ring crit enchants were originally recommended by MrRobot here. Also another notable thing here is haste being way behind crit's potential.
      RaidBots (Simc)
      For RaidBots, I use the addOn, and play around with various items I hoard, and use the stat weights functions. Generally the feedback I get here are to stick with the current gem setup and with regards to stat weights, emphasize at my current setup with crit. It also says I should drop some of my high ilvl pieces (935 head, and 960 chest) for 4pce (915 head, lfr 890 chest)
      Gear simc:
      https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/d3Qbkf6nqpoP4bxQ9YB2m
      Stat Weights:
      https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/6NkVYwEaTW26FxD4wBwey4
      Vers -> crit -> mastery -> haste -> str
      (versitality first?)
      Warcraft Logs
      I mostly use Warcraft Logs to check what the top dps players (ret pallys) are hitting and what setups are they running. I don't want to specifically link player armories in here, but upon some investigation, you'll find most are just stacking haste
      ---
      I understand stat weights are relative, however it seems like everyone has different priorities, one says mastery, another vers, another crit, another haste?
      Help me understand.
      Thanks,
      Exploit

• By Neshama
      Hi, Im having shoulders with 925 ilevel, mastery and verstality, but also I do have shoulders 915 ilevel, haste and avoidance.

Whats better, lower item level but with best stats (haste/avoidance), or higher item level but with mastery and versa ?? 

In overall, is it better to aim for "best" stats or just push item level first? 

• By Doqq
      Main Skill Tempest RushElectric Field
      Sweeping wind Sweeping WindInner Storm To maintain spirit regen.
      Sweeping WindCyclone is also viable, but it doesnt give you any spirit regen.
      And More spirit regen... ( tempest rush takes 30 spirit every second so you really need it ) Mystic AllyAir Ally
      Defensive skills EpiphanyDesert Shroud + SerenityAscension to avoid molten explosion + other 1 shot mechanics while you are rushing away ^^ OFC Mantra Mantra of SalvationAgility 
      Passives.
      Fleet Footed Chant of Resonance Exalted Soul Harmony
      You get more movement speed, more spirit regen! and more def.
      And NOW to the gear...
      Sunwuko's Crown
      Sunwuko's Soul
      Sunwuko's Leggings
      Sunwuko's Paws
      Sunwuko's Shines
      5 Set, because we are using -1 set from the Ring of Royal Grandeur in the cube ofc.
      Shoulders.
      Mantle of Channeling, Good def and good attack boost.
      Wrists.
      Reaper's Wraps, Really good sustain of spirit with those globes.. must have imo. you could use Ancient Parthan Defenders OR Nemesis Bracers.
      Belt.
      The Witching Hour or Kyoshiro's Soul witching hour is more dmg.. kyoshiro is for lazy ppl :P
      Boots.
      Ice Climbers gives immunity to freez and other slows and hoolyyy are they annoying!
      Weapon!
      Balance must have. DMG skyrockets with this. Warstaff of General Quang is for speedruns you can use it if you want to or if you dont have Balance..
      Rings!
      Convention of Elements + Wyrdward
      Both are a must! Convention boosts lighting dmg so you can bursts those elites! and WYRDWARD is the key to this build, lighting dmg has a 35% chance to stun. Its important! Because we are using Cesar's Memento in the cube. Tempest Rush gets a huuuuuge dmg buff with this combo and tempest rush with the Electric Field rune stuns mobs really often so it  always procs.
      And ofc we are using Vengeful Wind for the last important piece in the cube. It buffs Sunwukos set bonus even more. up to 10x 1000% more Tempest Rush dmg. And 10x 1000% the decoy dmg, but thats not that important.
      LEGENDARY GEMS
      Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver Weird i know, but it heals you and thats really good.. you could use Wreath of Lightning to get that ms boost, i consider that a speedrunner gem.
      Bane of the Trapped Dmg DMG DMMMGGGGG
      Esoteric Alteration DEF DEF DEEEFFF !!
      And thats that, Let me know if you have any doubts about anything, questions... etc. etc.
      I have done GR70 with this and it was easy.
      This build cant do Big grs, i dont think.. but its fun and easy to play with^^