FORUMS
Damien

Sunwuko Wave of Light Monk

Guest Moshington

What would you replace gundago and molten get for if not playing in season? And would you still use exploding palm? If not, what would you use?

Guest Norse

Why would want this with a socket before R-Gift? Just for the purpose of rolling it into any of the other stats? 

Say mine has

DMG

DMG%

DEX

VIT

Wave of Light %

Wouldn't I just roll the VIT into CDR and achieve the same thing? Then add socket with R-Gift.

Guest Turgle Bopper

Is there any reasonable end game monk build in Patch 2.2?

Why would want this with a socket before R-Gift? Just for the purpose of rolling it into any of the other stats?

Correct, the socket recommendation is only for characters without a Ramaldni's Gift! :)

Guest Guest

Hey! Great guide and I've been following it religiously ( as with most iceyviens guides! ). Was curiously as too what changes you would make gear wise with the new patch? And if you think the new dashing strike monk is better for higher rifts?

Cheers in advance!

Guest Guest

With the new update, the 3 set bonus was removed, so what skill should i get instead of sweeping wind?

Guest Mickey_C

With the new update, the 3 set bonus was removed, so what skill should i get instead of sweeping wind?

Same question, and with the new 6 piece bonus, I'd like to ask if the crudest boots should be replaced by the Inna's set boots.

This guide is sadly out of date!

Same question, and with the new 6 piece bonus, I'd like to ask if the crudest boots should be replaced by the Inna's set boots.

This guide is sadly out of date!

They should definitely not be replaced, as the allies do not take advantage of the Sunwuko set bonuses. Guide has been updated to reflect the change, but overall - a skill switch is all that's needed!

Guest Mountain Ninja

Excellent update! Can't wait to start building this setup in Season 4. Thanks a ton for your hard work, Deadset!

Guest HimSigung

Great guide. I may be missing something, but if you have the Leoric bonus in Konai's Cube, does it stack with the equipped crown?

Great guide. I may be missing something, but if you have the Leoric bonus in Konai's Cube, does it stack with the equipped crown?

They don't stack, so that's definitely amiss.  There's also the section that explains the skill selection mentioning Sweeping Wind and that you should aim to keep it up, but the build listed doesn't have Sweeping Wind in any action slot.

I currently use Tzo Krin's Gaze with increased wave of light damage and allowing me to target where it is dropped. Since Leoric's Crown isn't stackable with the Kanai's Cube effect, should I keep this equipped rather than switch to the crown?

They don't stack, so that's definitely amiss.  There's also the section that explains the skill selection mentioning Sweeping Wind and that you should aim to keep it up, but the build listed doesn't have Sweeping Wind in any action slot.

Yup, sorry about that. Several recommendations look a bit weird on the old pre-Cube builds, especially the builds that aren't considered top tier anymore and there's little investigation on the BiS options. I'll get the Sweeping Wind mention fixed.

I currently use Tzo Krin's Gaze with increased wave of light damage and allowing me to target where it is dropped. Since Leoric's Crown isn't stackable with the Kanai's Cube effect, should I keep this equipped rather than switch to the crown?

Heya - something I would try instead is stick RoRG in the Cube, replacing it with Convention of Elements + Unity in the ring slots. Then try Cindercoat in the armor slot in the Cube, and deviate into the fire rune of Wave of Light for a Fire/Cold split. I hesitate to make a full revision of the build as the SWK set is bound for a rework in the upcoming 2.4 patch.

Guest Markus_13
The Kanai's Cube recommendations are as follows: p4_unique_fist_102_demonhunter_male.png Kyoshiro's Blade for the weapon slot, 

LOL u doing it wrong!  Don't u realize that without  p4_fistweapon_norm_unique_02_demonhunter Vengeful Wind  the whole build is pointless cuz u trying to exchange 7*1500% extra dmg with 150+250% am i missed something?

The Kanai's Cube recommendations are as follows: p4_unique_fist_102_demonhunter_male.png Kyoshiro's Blade for the weapon slot, 

LOL u doing it wrong!  Don't u realize that without  p4_fistweapon_norm_unique_02_demonhunter Vengeful Wind  the whole build is pointless cuz u trying to exchange 7*1500% extra dmg with 150+250% am i missed something?

This is weapon damage proc that you can definitely afford to lose, compared to the damage multiplication of Kyoshiro's Blade.

Guest ibmeubu

This is weapon damage proc that you can definitely afford to lose, compared to the damage multiplication of Kyoshiro's Blade.

Would it be better to cube Torch and equip Kyoshiro's Blade and Vengeful Wind? Why or Why not?

Guest Daewood

The question I have is how do I keep up my stacks of sweeping wind without having Vengeful Wind in the cube?  I burn through the stacks so quickly dropping wave of lights that 3 doesn't seem like enough most times.  If I have 10 stacks I have a hard time generating enough spirit to go through the stacks fast enough.

Also if you aren't running a vengeful wind in the cube or on your person you don't get the benefit of the Inner Storm ruin if you can't keep it at 3 stacks or higher all the time.

Is there something I'm missing in this build?

Guest Derek

The 6 set bonus does not multiply the 1500% by the number of stacks of sweeping wind you have. As long as you have 1 stack you get the 1500% damage boost. With proper management the extra 7 stacks with Vengeful Wind are unnecessary and the extra damage from Kyoshiro's Blade is more beneficial.

Guest Max

What would you replace Unity with when running with someone else?  I usually play with my fiance.

Thanks smile.png

Max

This build has been awesome! I too was looking for the Vengeful Wind but I noticed that only the 4 set benefits from it - not the amazing 6 set bonus. But I did not like having two air allies out. So, I decided to put my Cindercoat in the cube to reduce the cost of Wave of Light even more and put out my fire allies for 20% more damage. I also am using Blinding Flash for the 29% increased damage when it is up.

Guest akgreenie

Im also trying to decide whether it would be better to cube the incense torch and dual wield the kyoshiros and vengeful. that way you would get all the bonuses, including the 10 stacks of sweeping wind.  the sheet damage would be less without the 2 hand, but i feel like the multipliers would work out better... am i missing something? pretty much my only question with this build.

Im also trying to decide whether it would be better to cube the incense torch and dual wield the kyoshiros and vengeful. that way you would get all the bonuses, including the 10 stacks of sweeping wind.  the sheet damage would be less without the 2 hand, but i feel like the multipliers would work out better... am i missing something? pretty much my only question with this build.

The 6 piece bonus of SWK to the Wave of Light damage is not influenced by the Sweeping Wind stacks, and due to how Kyoshiro's Soul belt works, you will not be trying to have Sweeping Wind in range of enemies either.

Guest Lixiaokan

why not dual wield kyoshiros blade and vengefull wind and cube the torch ?

why not dual wield kyoshiros blade and vengefull wind and cube the torch ?

You might try reading the two posts right before yours. cool.png

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      We have a fix for the recent problems players have been having with whispering others, specifically the "Error 3" message. There's still no eta for the party joining bug, however, as the last fix didn't actually work. We did find out that the party issue will require and actual patch instead of a simple hotfix, so it might be a while until we see it.
      Whisper Bug (source)
      Hey all,
      The Whisper Error 3 should be fixed up as of now. If anything comes up where you still continue to see this error, please exit game and start fresh. If it still continues, please let us know!
      Thanks again
      Hey all,
      We pushed out a fix for the ERROR_3. If people are still seeing it after logging out and back in please let us know.
      Thanks again

Party Join Bug Update (source)
      Hey Robdoggierob,
      We’re continuing to investigate and internally testing many fixes targeted to squash this bug daily. A bit more difficult to nail down unfortunately, but we have made progress in some areas.
      We’ll continue to update, but most likely this will require a new build to be produced rather than a hotfix. Once we have a fix that is 100% internally, we’ll communicate it out to everyone.
      Thanks again

Related Diablo 3 articles:
      Blues on Addons and Bots, 10,000+ Paragon, Brawl Leveling and Angel Squishiness
      Rank 1 Greater Rift 150 Clear on Day 4 of Season 19
      Matchmaking Issues, Seasonal Reward Structure, Bugged Cursed Chests and Crusader Power Talk Blues
      Armory Profiles Have Been Fixed and Are Back Online
      All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 19, Patch 2.6.7a
      300 Killstreak Friendly Fire Bug Fixed, Crusader Overperforming
      2.6.7a Balance Patch Now Live + Final Patch Notes
      2.6.7A Balance Patch and Season 19 Notes: Lamentation Returns, Crusader Nerf and More
    • By Starym
      It seems there's been a major shift in community management for Diablo 3 as we've noticed over the last couple of weeks, as Associate producer Matthew Cederquist is replying to basically every relevant active thread on the official forums. After a long time of very few responses and poor communication with the community, it seems the Diablo 4 reveal re-prioritized things and we now have some proper blue representation for D3. While a lot of these replies are just "we are aware and working on it", we can't really expect a lot more from the very small dev team still working on D3 so this shift is pretty significant if you take that into consideration. Today we have a look at the topics we've gotten a reply on over the holiday weekend - an upcoming brawl leveling trick, the party XP bug, 10,000+ paragon level Barbarians and Crusaders, addons and bots and, of course, Angel squishiness.
      Matthew has been very active over the holiday break and responded to a whole host of popular topics, starting with an interesting one - it seems there's a way to get to 70 in around an hour through brawling! You just set the difficulty to T6 in a 4 player party and brawl away until you ding max level pretty fast. Obviously speed leveling isn't anything new as players can be power leveled by others very quickly anyway, but apparently this method wasn't intended and will be fixed, as you don't need a higher level player to boost you for it to work.
      Brawling XP Fix (source)
      Hey all,
      This definitely isn’t the way we want players to level in the game and will most likely be fixed for the next patch.
      Then there's the party joining bug that was supposed to be fixed a few days ago but apparently wasn't:
      Party Joining Bug (source)
      Thanks everyone for the responses. We’ll continue to look at it and get more things into testing so we can squash this bug.
      Sorry for it taking so long with the holiday weekend and all.
      There's also been a lot of discussion about balance and Barbarians and Crusaders in particular, with two specific examples being used as a debate/whine point on the forums, as one Barb managed a 142 GR within 12 minutes (and of course was used as proof that Barbs are fine) and one Crusader at 146 GR was pointed out as OP. It turns out both of these are non-seasonal and have over 10,000 paragon levels, but Matthew had two very differing comments for them starting with the Barbarian:
      10,000+ Paragon Level Clears (source)
      Hey folks,
      Just to chime in here. At 10,288 Paragon, this specific Barbarian is +1 GR over the proposed balance of the game. Looks like absolute fantastic design and balance to us.
      Thanks for pointing out someone who has immense dedication and awesome gear!
      Definitely not fantastic design and balance. This one particular Crusader at 10,176 Paragon is about +5 GRs above our expected.
      Something to look into for next patch!
      Not to put too fine a point on it, but at those paragon levels and THAT high a GR clear, with the amount of factors going into builds etc, classes are never EVER going to be that balanced. Not in D3, not in D4 or any other game ever made by anyone. Seriously. People asking for that level of balance in an ARPG are just begging for a watered-down, +0.3% to damage affixes and talents systems, because those are the only ones that can ever be balanced to such a degree. Just accept the fact some classes will be more powerful than others and let there be actual builds and creative uses of them in the damn game and shut the hell up on this eternal balance quest that's basically ruining RPGs.
      Ok, not sure sure where that rant came from but I stand by it!
      Then it's on to a discussion on addons/mods, with TurboHud being the focus of discussion, and it seems we'll be getting a larger post on the topic of mods soon as well, with bots being in the cross hairs as well:
      TurboHud Addon (source)
      Hey Dtune -
      TurboHud has some cool features, but on the other hand, has some features that give players more of an advantage. In the past, TurboHud fell by the wayside and didn’t catch the attention of anti-cheat programs.
      We’ll have more to say on this in the very near future, but to answer your question, TurboHud is seen as a program that should not be used in the game in its current state.
      As for bots, their time is coming.
      And finally we have an answer to the age old question: Just how squishy are Angels? It seems some players aren't happy with the 500 killstreak ability proc as their feathered friends die too quickly to the Rift Guardian:
      Angel Squishiness (source)
      Yes. Angels should die to the RG. If untouched, they can also produce massive damage.

Party Joining Bug Fixed
      Matchmaking Issues, Seasonal Reward Structure, Bugged Cursed Chests and Crusader Power Talk Blues
      Patch 2.6.7a Known Issues: November 21st
      2.6.7A Balance Patch and Season 19 Notes: Lamentation Returns, Crusader Nerf and More
      Lilith's Embrace Wings in Diablo III for Virtual Ticket Holders
    • By Stan
      Raxxanterax and his group managed to clear Greater Rift 150 on Day 4 of Season 19 thanks to the latest Seasonal buff.
      The ongoing Season comes with the Pandemonium buff which grants stacks of movement speed and damage and reaching certain killstreak goals will trigger powerful effects which translates into even more damage. The most important ones are geysers at 150 and the meteor showers at 400 kills. Those two have the potential to completely eliminate a pack, so they're using that to their advantage by stacking mobs on top of each other.
      Their Crusader died when he was looking for a pylon and lost his stacks, so it took them almost 6 minutes to kill the Rift Guardian.
      Join Party Bug Fix: November 27th Rank 1 Greater Rift 150 Clear on Day 4 of Season 19 Matchmaking Issues, Seasonal Reward Structure, Bugged Cursed Chests and Crusader Power Talk Blues Armory Profiles Have Been Fixed and Are Back Online All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 19, Patch 2.6.7a 300 Killstreak Friendly Fire Bug Fixed, Crusader Overperforming Patch 2.6.7a Known Issues: November 21st 2.6.7a Balance Patch Now Live + Final Patch Notes 2.6.7A Balance Patch and Season 19 Notes: Lamentation Returns, Crusader Nerf and More Lilith's Embrace Wings in Diablo III for Virtual Ticket Holders
    • By Starym
      We finally have a fix implemented for the matchmaking problem for party grouping, which was showing parties and players as "not in season", and caused problems for non-seasonal parties as well. The fix apparently wasn't tested a whole lot, but Blizz decided to push it before the holiday weekend, which was probably a good choice.
      Matchmaking (source)
      Players will have to restart their clients to pick up the fix.
      This fix does NOT fix the level 0 or missing class in the friends list or communities. This Fix SHOULD fix the Non-Season and Season party bug. Let us know if you’re still seeing the issue please and thank you in advance
      .... Afternoon -
      We want to be very transparent with this update. We have a fix for the party bug that we’ll be deploying at roughly 1:00PM PST.
      This fix did not get a lot of testing internally, but we wanted to get it out asap before the holiday weekend. We had the choice between waiting till Tuesday, or getting it out today. We chose to take the risk to better the community playing experience. If, for any reason, this causes issues we can revert.
      Thanks again for the patience

Patch 2.6.7a Known Issues: November 21st
      Lilith's Embrace Wings in Diablo III for Virtual Ticket Holders
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Deathwing guide for Heroes of the Storm.