Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
First time poster here. I have been unholy since the start of WoD. Been using necrotic plague since it was introduced and came up with my own weak auras before i even started browsing DK forums.
This screenshot is a comparison between a friend of mine and I for a normal flamebender kazrah kill. He is ilvl 666 and I and 670 so we are fairly close, yet my damage is about 2.5 million more by the end of the encounter, AND i died near the end.
From what i gather, he is prioritizing festering strike to keep necrotic plague up at all costs. I on the other hand will only festering strike when i have frost and blood runes up. In doing so, my physical and shadow scourge strikes combine to make up about 21.3% of my dmg, with necrotic plague being right behind with 21.1% of my total dmg.
Are there any suggestions i can give him to help his damage? I want to be helpful when i approach him and not sound arrogant or anything negative.
my DPS(a) is 30,761 and his DPS(a) is 24,364
UPDATE: This WA has not been updated since 6.1, but it still works well for what it was built for. It doesn't, however, have BoS or Blood Charge support as of yet. I will update it to include both in the future, but for now I simply do not have time to develop this WA.
So to be clear, I haven't tested this WA since 6.1, but Ayrel posted this in my other WA topic:
Before you read any further, check out Demonardvark's Unholy DK Necroblight Guide. For importing you are required to be in Unholy Spec and you need to have both Unholy Blight and Necrotic Plague talents active.
What is it?
A priority order WeakAura that tells you how to play Necroticblight ~pretty optimally in single target situations. For Cleave/AoE, Skullflower wrote the following: "For Necroticblight AoE, extend the duration of NP to match or exceed the cooldown time remaining on Unholy Blight by weaving in Festering Strikes into your Blood Boil usage. For example, you would Blood Boil x2 + Festering Strike x1 or you could extend NP before you begin your Blood Boil spam (i.e. adds are going to spawn in 10 seconds, so you would spend what runes you have on FeS)."
Does it work well?
You decide that for yourself, but here's a screenshot with epic percentiles in my ilvl bracket, from our last alt character raid (also my second raid with the Necroblight build after switching from frost): http://i.imgur.com/SKt5hb6.png?1
- Don't look at the order from top to bottom, but look at the icon names instead:
Video of the WAs in action (0.99 version):
- A Glowing Empower Rune Weapon will be shown on your screen even if you have 6 runes when target health is under 10 Million and you have less than 30 RP. Ignore it for now.
Troubleshooting / Common problems:
- "Error deserializing" - The import failed because there were missing characters or extra characters in your paste.
Version 1.0 rc1 (4.2.2015)
4.2.2015 - 1.0 release candidate 1
- Fixed an import bug causing the WA to become unusable
- Fixed Scourge Strike not appearing when UB was available, you had runes to use and 15 stack NP was still ticking
- Fixed Plague Strike not appearing if no NP on target and Outbreak down (1xPS+UB = fastest 15 Stack build without Outbreak available)
- Coloured Scourge Strike icon texts green/yellow depending on if we are saving one Death/Unholy rune for Soul Reaper or spamming freely
3.2.2015 - 0.99 beta
- Removed hiding FeS/SS on => 90RP and few other small tweaks to decrease total string size from 130k to 105k characters
1.2.2015 - 0.99 beta
- Reworked the WA to match UB cd only when NP duration falls under 15 seconds so 1) we don't overshoot NP duration as much and 2) gain more scourge strikes
1.2.2015 - 0.95 beta
- Fixed a Custom Function LUA error when logging in on other characters than DK
1.2.2015 - 0.94 beta
- Always show FS/US regardless of Dark Transformation, Empower Rune Weapon and Summon Ghoul cooldown
- Show UB regardless of Outbreak status so you can pick which one to use yourself
- Fix the sorting of Status Helper WA
- Move bigger cooldowns from Rotation Helper to Unholy Cooldowns WA
- Show Empower Rune weapon if not on CD and fight is about to end (regardless of resource starvation)
31.1.2015 - 0.93 beta
- Prioritize Death runes for Scourge Strike during Heroism or Strength potion instead of building NP duration
- Colourize icon texts: Blue when Hero/BL, Green when conditions are perfect, yellow when ok and red when critical
- Fix Festering Strike icon sometimes missing when we should be matching UB CD duration
31.1.2015 - 0.92 beta
- Throttle Death rune usage so next SR cast is always at least within 2 seconds when target under 45% (for Soul Reaper)
- Show SI stacks on Death Coil when building for Big Timmy
- Prioritize Death runes for Festering Strike if NP failing and UB CD > 15s
- Keep showing FS even after UB is up for Blood & Frost runes
31.1.2015 - 0.91 beta
- Fix Soul Reaper
- Fix Outbreak when 0 NP stacks
30.1.2015 - 0.9 beta
- Published the WA strings
------------------------------------------------------ Installation: The Rotation Helper string itself is over 115k characters long, and as such might require up to a minute or two to import on an older PC. Lock up is perfectly normal, go make a sandwich while you wait! If your WoW can't handle the full import, paste the string in two or more parts before hitting import (this should not be required unless your PC is old). If you do not use english wow client, try these instead (Spell IDs in place of Spell names): https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/10380-redfellas-unholy-necroticblight-weakauras/?p=102205 Please backup your WTF folder before importing, failed imports may corrupt your WA settings file.
Remove prior versions before importing new versions, then refer to installation instructions.
#1 Redfellas Necroblight Rotation Helper (1.0 rc1):
#2 Redfellas Necroblight Status Helper (0.99):
#3 Unholy Cooldowns (0.99):
#4 GCD Bar(0.99):
Optional / Advanced: Finetune UB CD / NP matching to your haste rating. For me personally with a bit under 1000 haste I like the 15 second emergency setting, but some people might favor a bit less, such as 12 seconds or 10 seconds. It all comes down to your haste rating and preference.