Lolwtfjacob

Poll-What kind of guilds do you prefer?

Guilds  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

What type of guilds do you prefer?

Also, post your guild too if you want.

http://us.battle.net...hades_of_Decay/

Edited by Damien

I prefer small guilds where I know most people, though admittedly Icy Veins hasn't left me much time to socialize with all my new guildies as of late.

This poll needs more options Posted Image .

Im used to guilds with a max of say 20 active accounts / users - we had a high of 13 the other day!

I personally dont see much benefit from being in a guild with 1000+ members, guilds are meant to be personal places for banter, help and ultimately friendships, as soon as you go beyond a certain number of members you might as well just be guildless.

Just from my personal experiences ofc!

• Like 1

I like the smaller guild with people who are active. Like Peelyon said, 1000+ people in a guild is the same as hanging out in general chat in a capital city.

Did you and Vlad meet from the same Guild?

No, we started playing WoW together. We played a number of games together before that ;)

A guild where I am in charge was not an option Posted Image

As for me I was in two fairly large guilds before the guild I'm in now. The first guild I was in combined with a new guild and it became tons of people I didn't really know with a couple who I did, at that point it became pointless to be a member as I was an unknown to them as they were to me.

I joined a new guild and as it grew in size I noticed that the raid group I was leading became lost in a sea of the revolving door of people coming in and leaving the guild. My raid group had became a guild within a guild because we was the only ones that communicated with each other.

After that we left and formed a new guild, to be small and to be people we know, if you are not hanging out and playing with people you know then is it really enjoyable? Being in large guilds if you are not on the top you are not really a part of the guild you are a spec of dust waiting to be washed away.

Small guilds bring more to the table than a large guild IMO.

As it sits there are 112 characters in my guild (many alts), but I'm proud to say that I know and have talked to at some point every single person and would consider at least 90% of them friends.

Edited by HardBeatZ

I voted for a small guild, but I would definitely say that 75+ members is quite big to be considered "small".

Both Damien and I were, for a good while, part of the rather tightly-knit leadership of a small 25-man guild (in Wrath of the Lich King). We had about 30-35 active members, and about another 10 "friends and relatives" or so. It was quite good times for me, and I enjoyed the atmosphere a lot. Being that we were in a council-type-leadership, I got to experience the ability to lead without having all the pressure put on me.

That guild later turned into a much smaller 10-man guild, and that was also very enjoyable, as we had a group of 10-12 active raiders/members, and I can confidently say I knew all of them well at that point. It was like a "home away from home", so to speak.

Lastly, I later joined a big 25-man guild as a regular member, and while that was quite fun, it did feel like I was just a class/spec combination there, and nothing really more.

I can't imagine ever being in a guild with 1000 members! What would be the point?

I personally prefer small guilds i like to see people on vent and interact with them. this to me is what keeps me playing a game it needs to be social for me to enjoy it.

I like my current guild, about 400 characters (lots of alts). I think there are about 80 active accounts, I'm not sure because I haven't checked the exact number in some time. At peaks there are about 45 people online, this happens mostly during raid times. otherwise there are between 8 and 20 people online. All these guys are great and a lot of friends/socials are in here as well.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/auchindoun/Warcry

I would agree that 75+ mains is quite a large guild really - a smaller guild with a core group of people is better as you can get to know everyone and it makes the game much more enjoyable. We've been going through the slightly painful task of replacing some of the guys that had been arround for about 5 years (lost them to the dark side/SWOR) so it has taken some time but I think we are getting back to having some really good banter.

There is also the difference between being in a social/raiding/hardcore guild which I think again makes a big difference about the sort of people it attracts.

Generally I have found that large guilds are not even that good for leveling - if you are in a group where you know people quite well there is usually someone about who will help run you through tricky quests or instances, or to level an alt beside.

http://high-infidelity.wowstead.com/ (fyi)

Cheers for the extra voting option!

Sadly the one down side of having a very small (10-15 active users) means that if a few people decide to take a break it can hit you pretty hard.

Weve really struggled with the length of 4.3 with still no firm date set for MoP, plus the addition of Diablo, weve kind of grinded to a halt. I think plenty of guilds are struggling to maintain progress / keep things ticking over, and sadly I think its a content issue. I was really hoping for a stop gap raid like Trial of the Crusader this expansion so the final raid like Dragon Soul could have been pushed back a little further.

However Id still prefer to solider on knowing the people around you, rather than nameless faces. With the ability to create free guild websites, Facebook groups and other things its easy to get to know people a lot more than you used to. After all the only reason I still play WoW is for the people I play with.

Edited by Peelyon

Have never yet seen a big (500+ members) guild who are also a viable raiding guild. The big guilds per realm seem to attract all the undesirable people such as beggers and spammers.

I have always preferred a smaller guild who can competently manage 10 man raids without the need to pug people. Having said that, I have just realm transferred away from the realm I have played on for 6 years - due to it being overrun with immature players, so currently I am looking for guild!

Have never yet seen a big (500+ members) guild who are also a viable raiding guild. The big guilds per realm seem to attract all the undesirable people such as beggers and spammers.

I have always preferred a smaller guild who can competently manage 10 man raids without the need to pug people. Having said that, I have just realm transferred away from the realm I have played on for 6 years - due to it being overrun with immature players, so currently I am looking for guild!

If you say what realm you are on you may find your fellow icy-veiners have a home for you!

definately partial to the smaller guild, but then again, im co guild leader in one guild, and leader in a second guild (a parody guild of our main guild just for fun...i know, us RP'ers are WEIRD lol) .... then i have two more just for bank space...... id rather team up with other small sister guilds like ours for a raid, then beg for entry into a raid from one of the "big" guilds.......lets face it...it kind of makes you feel like your in a meat market...."spin around" "show me your gear" "whats your ilvl" "link me your recount" ....nope, i like THAT rogue better, they are sparklier....*head--->desk*..its just not FUN.... and its supposed to be FUN! right? :) First thing our members get for being new members is enough gold to train. Then they get new bags. Embersilk. 4 of them. Then they get potions elixirs and food for their level..... Then they get PETS! and TOYS! LOTS of em!!! Because a Guild, even one as little...ESPECIALLY one as little as ours, should BE FUN! *^__^*

Like people said, this poll is really really unprecise...

I prefer guilds with 20-30 people online at any given time. I don't need to know them, although I hope it's a guild that has some decent requirements so I know who am I dealing with... Notes ftw.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Xantten
      <exceL> is a recently-established raiding team based on the Tarren Mill server, Horde [EU].   Supported by one of the UK’s leading esports organisations, exceL Esports, we are building a raiding team in advance of Battle for Azeroth with the sole intention of progressing to and clearing mythic end-game content in the new expansion. For more information on exceL Esports please see our website and check out our social media pages:   Guild: https://www.guilded.gg/exceL/ 
      Esports: https://www.excelesports.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/exceL Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/excelesportsltd Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/excelesports YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/excelesportstv Discord: http://rebrand.ly/xLDscrd   Background   exceL Esports was established in 2014 and is a professional competitive gaming organisation that serves to enable its playing staff to compete at the highest level in global esports. We value honesty, professionalism and integrity and look to combine our expertise with our passion for esports to create a stable, profitable and successful organisation.   exceL’s co-founders, Joel and Kieran, were hardcore Vanilla raiders and have remained fans of the World of Warcraft franchise ever since. exceL’s ambitions to recruit a raiding team are part of a wider strategy to explore opportunities in World of Warcraft esports.   Despite being a newly-established guild, our core members achieved Ahead of the Curve (11/11HC) in Antorus, the Burning Throne and would have progressed to mythic given more time. It remains our sole ambition to ensure this team is progressing through, and ultimately completing, BfA end-game content - up to and including Cutting Edge.   Expectations   What you can expect from us: A fun and friendly raiding team with an overt focus on raid progression combined with an understanding of life’s priorities Fair treatment when making the raid team selection - in the event that we are over-subscribed for raids, rotation decisions will be made to offer all capable individuals the opportunity to contribute to raid progression The opportunity to contribute to discussions regarding the guild’s strategies and decision-making Utilisation of the Personal Loot system   We are looking for players who: Can display relevant raid experience from Legion and/or previous expansions (at least 11/11HC in Antorus, the Burning Throne, is preferred) Can provide evidence (i.e. logs) of strong previous raid performance Take responsibility for their own raid attendance and performance Are open to constructive criticism and are prepared to be given advice on how to improve their performance in raids Will make every effort to educate themselves on developing raid strategies Will make every effort to maximise the performance of their character, including the studying of relevant logs Are prepared to take the initiative and make creative strategic suggestions to aid raid progression Enjoy being part of a team Are patient and understand that progression requires a positive and productive mindset   Recruitment and Requirements   Recruitment is currently open for the following classes/specs: Tanks - Monk (Brewmaster) Healers - Paladin (Holy) Ranged DPS - Mage (Any) Melee DPS - Death Knight (Frost/Unholy), Monk (WW)   Raid Schedule   Wednesday: 21:00-00:00
      Sunday: 21:00-00:00   All times indicated are server times. You will be expected to be online at least 15 minutes before the raid start time, at which point the final raiding roster will be announced. At least one 10 minute break will be held during every raid.   We will not be doing mandatory split runs, alt raids or PTR tests. However all scheduled raids will be highly organised and focused.   You will not be asked to raid additional days. However we do expect members to be active outside of raid times to continue progressing their main characters. We are also likely to be regularly running Mythic+ dungeons, especially early on in the expansion.   How to Apply   If you are interested in applying please complete our application form -> http://www.guilded.gg/r/AdwlVrMK8l <- and if you have any questions, please contact our Guild Master Xanten#2717   Successful applicants will be invited to join our Discord server, used as the main VOIP platform whilst we are raiding as well as the guild’s main text-based communication platform.   Thank you and we look forward to hearing from interested parties soon.
    • By PinkFap
      Quick info:
      <Shiny Happy People>
      Faction: Alliance
      Realm: Thunderhorn / Wildhammer
      Laid back Heroic raiding
      Semi-serious PvP
      Raid days: 2 Days a week with a possible third if we're close to downing a boss.
      Website
      Discord - We use Discord as our main means of communication. Most of it through voice comms.
      Current recruitment needs:
      Mainly looking for 1 good tank, ranged DPS and healers of any class.
      For our most up-to-date recruitment needs please check our WoWProgress page.
      TL;DR:
      <SHP> Is looking for lost souls to join us in BFA. We're accepting both socials and people willing to take a serious(ish) approach to Heroic raiding and PvP. We're long-time friends and former hardcore raiders going as far back as Vanilla. We're going casual+ for BFA to enjoy ourselves better and play the game under our own more laid back rules. We're highly active both ingame as well as in our Discord channel. Most of all we're looking for like-minded people who enjoy doing stuff together.
      Full info:
      Wagwan blud,
      We are Shiny Happy People! A group of super duper fun, friendly and fun-loving friends who have known and played with each other for many years. We're a very diverse bunch. We have white Dutchman, white Englishman and white Vikingman. A more culturally diverse group you cannae havenae.
      While we play many different games, this recruitment ad' primary focus is on World of Warcraft. It is our 'main' game and it requires a bit more organization and has a slightly higher barrier to entry than some of the other games we play. However joining SHP means gaining entry to much fun being had with many good people across a wide variety of PC video games.
      Our guild was founded by a large group of rerollers in Warlords of Draenor shortly after the launch of the Hellfire Citadel patch. As the guild Movida we cleared HFC on Heroic in a timely manner and also had a short but fruitless stint in Mythic. Due to a lack of good recruits the guild fell apart and anyone with a grain of skill promptly fucked off for greener pastures.
      In comes SHP; A long-standing semi-small group of friends hell-bent on not really doing much or changing at all for the Battle For Azeroth expansion. We're a bunch of uncensored slackers trying to have some fun in this outdated piece of shit we still pay for on a monthly basis. We have been together for many years playing many different games but WoW was the love song that made us come together and continues to serenade us back in. All this means that SHP is built upon a rock solid foundation that will stand the test of time.
      Despite adopting the life of the casual we are by no means trash players. Some of us have played and raided since launch. Most of us have raided on a hardcore Heroic/Mythic level at some point in this game' lifespan. A lot of that raiding was even done together. But we've decided that Mythic simply is too stressful and too time consuming for a bunch of twenty-something-year-old single (mostly) men. I mean, some of us have oil night at the Chaps Cruising-Bar to go to!
      With that in mind we've decided we want to take things slow and enjoy WoW the way it was meant to be enjoyed; Barely. We will be a Heroic focused raiding guild, weaving in some semi-serious PvP to get rid of our toxic male hormones and to get some sweet transmogs and mounts. Raid days and times TBA. We have no strict attendance rules. Odds are you scrubs bring about as much to the table as an LFR hero and are thus easily replaced by a PUG anyway. We do ask that you let someone know if you can't make it to a raid you signed up for. Wether that is before raid start or 2 days after.
      If you think you have what it takes to play with us and then not report us then head to our website and drop an application or join our Discord and bother someone there. For questions or concerns you can contact me on my Bnet.
      Thank you for reading!
    • By chizuko
      We're currently on a raid break until BFA launches. Trial periods will commence during the first raid tier of BFA

The Shadowstalkers are looking for dedicated members to join our raid team!
      Recruitment is currently OPEN. We will consider any strong applicant!
      We are a raiding guild with a long history on Argent Dawn, We are currently seeking new raiders to help us push our progression in BFA and aim to raise our rank as high as we can!
      Our mythic progression (during each current tier) is:
      10/11 mythic Antorus
      6/9 mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      10/10 mythic Nighthold
      3/3 mythic Trial of Valor
      7/7 mythic Emerald Nightmare
      About your trial:
      - You will remain a trialist for around two raid lockouts to allow us to get a feel for you as a player and see how you fit and preform.
      - We want trialists to join the guild during their trial period to see how they fit socially as this is an important part of our guild.
      About our raids:
      - We raid Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday 19:50 until 23:00 server time.
      - We expect raiders to maintain good attendance.
      - We expect raiders to keep us informed if they can't attend a raid.
      - All raiders must be willing to use voice chat and speak English.
      You can find our Wowprogress page at:
      [http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/argent-dawn/The+Shadowstalkers]

You can find our Warcraft Logs page at:
      [https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/id/3311]

You can find our Discord server at: 
      [https://discord.gg/AGhh8sd] 

Use our discord server to find out more information about us. 
      You can apply to us on discord as well!
      If you would like to discuss the guild further please poke Hucknell or any of the other officers Rugnus, Jacob, Eubert, Saltyshot, or Chleo in-game who will be glad to chat!
      Feel free to add my battletag for a chat
      WhiteLorne#2575
    • By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a mythic raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of three within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.
      We are always looking to add players with a friendly personality and lots of passion for the game. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

Progression Goals
      We finished our first raid tier as a team at 7/11 Mythic Antorus, Heroic AOTC.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid. We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders. You must be able to take constructive criticism and have ownership over your level of play, and be willing to put in the effort to be a contribution to the team.

Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for farming the previous raid difficulty.

Recruitment Needs
      DPS. Mythic level damage dealers for Battle for Azeroth. Ranged is a bonus. 
      Interested? Next steps: 
      Please check out our team's wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit.
      Read the Guild Code of Conduct
      Complete and submit a New Raider Application
      Join the guild's Discord server
      Add the Raid Leaders on bnet:  joat#1832 & lambkill#1856  
      Looking forward to hearing from you!
    • By knight85
      An online friend is trying to promote one of my alts to guildmaster for my bank guild.
      she's a member of the guild. i promoted her to guildmaster. but the game wont let her promote my alts which are in the guild (1 as an officer) to guildmaster after i switched to the alt.
      is there some kind of delay period before the guild master rank can be passed over?