FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eric

I Dont Understand My Shadow Orbs

Good day! 

So I've been leveling up my shadow priest, I've read the guide on icy veins and everything but I am still very confused about these shadow orb things.  How many do I have?  Because on my UI I can see that I have 3 slots for orbs, and when I generate an orb, the slot is filled up indicating I now have an orb.  But the guide indicates its possible to have 5 orbs... and I am also seeing orbs around my character.  Are the orbs around my character the same as the orbs on my UI?  How do I tell if I have more than 3 orbs (if I do) if my UI tells me I have 3, but my character has 4 or 5 floating around him?  lol .... I just need some clarity on this whole mess, because I can't understand my class if I dont understand this orb nonsense.

Thankyou.

Until you're into WoD expansion leveling (90-100) you will have 3 orbs max.  One of the enhancements that comes as you're leveling from 90-100 is "Enhanced Shadow Orbs" I think is what it's called.  It grants you 2 more slots to generate shadow orbs into.  You can get this on either level 92,94,96, or 98.  The enhancements that Shadow priests earn are; Enhanced Shadow Orbs- just explained above.  Enhanced Mind flay-mind flay deals damage 33% faster.  Enhanced Shadow Word: Death- both casts of Shadow Word: Death generate a shadow orb, no matter what.  and Enhanced Power Word: Shield(I think thats what it's called)- and it lowers the debuff "Weakened Soul" by 3 seconds i believe

Hope this Helps! For a comprehensive overview of shadow priesting I recommend going here http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6291

Thankyou for the prompt reply.  I am currently lvl 92, and still my UI only indicates that I can have 3 orbs, yet I am still seeing more than 3 around my character, sometimes even when I only have 2 orbs.

Thankyou for the prompt reply.  I am currently lvl 92, and still my UI only indicates that I can have 3 orbs, yet I am still seeing more than 3 around my character, sometimes even when I only have 2 orbs.

The Draenor perks are actually earned at random. There are 4 perks (earned at 92-94-96-98) and one of them is the "Enhanced shadow orbs". Your UI will actually change to reflect this, no worries!