Odinn

WoW Token Rollout (Americas) - April 7

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

11764-wow-token-rollout-americas-april-7

Following the announcement in early March that World of Warcraft would be receiving an in-game subscription currency and patch contents in patch 6.1.2 to allow their purchase and sale, the first region to see WoW Tokens in-game will be the Americas region, effective April 7 when WoW server maintenance ends.

You can read about the initial announcement here, and further details that were released late last month here. The new information in today's announcement was the initial gold price - 30,000 gold - as well as a 10 tokens per 30 days purchase limit. Blizzard posted all of the following caveats:

The WoW Token will be going live in the Americas region (North America, Latin America, Australia, and New Zealand) on April 7 when maintenance concludes, at approximately 10 a.m. PDT. The WoW Token will be available for $20 USD/$25 AUD from the in-game Shop, and will be set at a starting price of 30,000 gold in the Auction House across the Americas region. From that point forward, the gold price will automatically fluctuate based on player supply and demand. To start we’ll be limiting the number of Token purchases to 10 within a 30-day period, but this limit may be adjusted over time. While Tokens will be available immediately from the Shop, please note that there may be a delay before Tokens put up for sale on the Auction House become available for purchase with gold.

We’ll announce additional regional details closer to the launch of the WoW Token in other regions.

Americas players - will you be purchasing WoW Tokens starting tomorrow? Buying or selling? Let us know what kind of results you see in-game.

Update: Here is Blizzard's video explaining the WoW Token system:

It's Token time, friends. Will you ever have to pay real money for your WoW subscription again? Will you be buying gold like it's going out of style?

I honestly don't know how I feel about this. I might attempt to sell one in the auction house to see if it actually sells. I think some of it will also depend on the server you play on as well. I suppose it could be a good thing in some ways, but I personally don't like the idea of someone's financial status giving them an edge. I suppose we will see.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this. I might attempt to sell one in the auction house to see if it actually sells. I think some of it will also depend on the server you play on as well. I suppose it could be a good thing in some ways, but I personally don't like the idea of someone's financial status giving them an edge. I suppose we will see.

It'll be region specific, not server specific, so all of the NA and OCE realms will share an AH for the tokens.

Also you are GUARANTEED the current market price when you put it up so you don't need to worry about IF it will sell, just When it will... the very short video that blizz put out explains it all very well

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Spirit of Eche'ro can be obtained from Archaeology, you gain 50% more Honor in Battlegrounds this week, and there's also a new PvP Brawl. Insterested to learn more about this week in WoW? We've got you covered!
      Archaeology
      You can get Spirit of Eche'ro from Archaeology this week. The mount is earned from completing the Laying to Rest quest. If you don't complete the quest this week, you'll need to wait a long time, before it's up again.
      Mythic Keystone Affixes
      Mythic+ players will deal with the following affixes:
      Bursting Quaking Fortified Weekly Quests
      Below is a list of all relevant weekly quests that should be completed this week:
      Fuel of a Doomed World and Invasion Onslaught (Argus weekly quests) reward 1,000 reputation with both Army of the Light and Argussian Reach. Unlocking Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves is gated behind Exalted reputation standing with both Argus factions. You can find more information here. Win 4 Battlegrounds for A Call to Battle from Archmage Timear to get 5 Marks of Honor, a Badge of Honor (1000 Honor), and a Glory of the Melee Artifact power token. Complete the weekly quest "Something Different" to get Brawler's Footlocker, 3 Marks of Honor and Soldier's Legacy (Artifact Power token). World Bosses (Upcoming World Boss Schedule (Until February 2018)
      Shar'thos
      Warriors can obtain Skull of Shar'thos from this week's world boss.
      Decaying Dragonfang Despoiled Dreamthread Cloak Hauberk of the Snarled Vale Chestplate of Blackened Emeralds Choker of Dreamthorns Raiments of Waking Nightmares Robe of Fever Dreams Mistress Alluradel
      Argus world bosses drop ilvl 930 loot. Don't forget to bring a Seal of Broken Fate for bonus rolls.
      Accursed Defiler's Mantle Breastplate of Terminal End Cinch of Detestable Guile Fel Mistress' Brand Fel-Spike Shoulderpads Leggings of Heinous Acts Mesmerizing Soul Hood Nefarious Light-Step Slippers Poison-Barbed Bracers Scourge of Perverse Desire Soul Crushing Stompers Spaulders of Vile Determination Waistguard of Devilish Deeds World Events
      Battlegrounds Bonus Event (February 20 - 27)
      Blizzard (Source)
      Steel yourself for Battleground combat!
      SEVEN DAYS ON THE BATTLEGROUNDS
      All this week, heading to the Battlegrounds will net you some extra Honor along with bonus loot for completing this week’s quest. To enter the fray, open Group Finder (hotkey: "I") and then select the Player vs. Player tab. Next choose Casual, select Random Battlegrounds, and hit the Join Battle button—you’ll be matched up with other players and sent to one of these 11 battlegrounds:
      Alterac Valley Arathi Basin Battle for Gilneas Deepwind Gorge Eye of the Storm Isle of Conquest Silvershard Mines Strand of the Ancients Temple of Kotmogu Twin Peaks Warsong Gulch WEEKLY QUEST
      Before you get started, Archmage Timear near Violet Hold in Dalaran has a quest for you. You can also pick up the quest from within the Adventure Guide. Win four random Battlegrounds, and you’ll be rewarded with 5 Marks of Honor, a Badge of Honor (1000 Honor), and a Glory of the Melee Artifact Power token (base 500 AP).
      BATTLEGROUND BUFF
      This week you gain 50% more Honor in Battlegrounds (Sign of Battle).
      A NEW EVENT EVERY WEEK
      The Bonus Events system consists of a rotating schedule of different activities, currently scheduled to run each week beginning on Tuesdays. Each Bonus Event grants a passive bonus to a particular game activity and offers a once-per-event quest with a noteworthy reward for accomplishing a related goal. The in-game calendar can serve as your one-stop reference for the event schedule. The Adventure Guide also offers a direct link to active Bonus Events, allowing you to easily accept any associated quests.
      PvP Brawl: Packed House (February 20 - 27)
      We’ve put more PvP in your PvP! In Packed House, there’s nowhere to hide as you face not 2, not 3, not 5, but 15 adversaries in this 15 vs. 15 Arena battle. (Source)
      Hatching of the Hippogryphs (February 23)
      Today is the day that the Frayfeather hippogryphs hatch. Head to the Frayfeather Highlands in Feralas to witness the spectacle firsthand!
      The micro-holiday lasts just one day and while there are no permament rewards, you can obtain a temporary hippogryph and Spectral Feather that extends its duration by 5 days.

• By Starym

Another impressive effort by a new competitior in the solo field.
      Well well, it seems there's a new competitor on the "insane solo" scene, as MrNinjaBurger aka Lockoclock (who, shockingly, is a Warlock) has delivered a brand new, extremely impressive solo performance. The kill was pretty tight on the timer, with the insanity mechanic putting a pretty strict limit on the DPS required.

Huge congrats and good luck on your next endeavour Lockoclock!
      Source: r/wow.
      Header image by Irvast.
    • By Stan

After Black Temple and Ulduar, we found a reference in the game files that hints at Siege of Orgrimmar as the next Timewalking raid to be added to the game.
      While nothing has been officially confirmed yet, the latest game files contain an instanced version of Siege of Orgrimmar, which leads us to believe that Blizzard plans to add the raid to the Mists of Pandaria Timewalking Event in Battle for Azeroth.

After that, all Timewalking events except Cataclysm (thanks to @Zennlar) will have a raid associated with them, leaving Blizzard room to add Warlords of Draenor Timewalking.
    • By Stan

Lunar Festival is here and it's time To Honor One's Elders for What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been. The event will be up until March 3. Check out what's new this year!
      If you're working on the Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake mount, you can find more details about Lunar Festival in our detailed event guide.
      2018 Updates
      Four Cosmetic crowns have been added this year. They can be purchased from Valadar Starsong for 25 Coin of Ancestry each and transmogrified for the duration of the event.
      Crown of Courage Crown of Dark Blossoms Crown of Good Fortune Crown of Prosperity
      Weathered Heirloom Armor Casing has been added to Fariel Starsong and costs 75 Coin of Ancestry.