FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SomeBogus

Help: Protection Pally

So my friend and I are have been recently running dungeons. We are all in all having a blast but lately we have run into some major issues... wipes. I am the healer and he is the tank and I find that when I heal randoms I have no issues at all. But when I heal my friend, he is very squishy and gets 2-3 hit by trash. I have little to no time to keep him alive and I find harder to heal him than any other tank (including other paladins.) I have done research via other forums and even read both class guides here on icy-veins and come up with nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

(These are our characters)

Healer

Tank

The biggest difference is gear. Other tanks are probably fully heirloomgeared. And that is night and day difference from lvl 50 greens/blues.

Let him pull smaller packs of mobs and make sure he has Sacred shield up 100% if possible, and ofc spend his holy Power on Shield of the righteous.

And actually use defensive cd's even on trash.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tsukoyomi
      I am going the corpselance support build for Necromancer and the build has me taking Corpselance with Brittle and the pestilence set on top of that, if I were to take off the ability Corpselance and change it to another ability say for example Bone Spikes with Frost spikes, would the damage decrease an amount that it would not be worth it?
    • By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.
    • By wowguy233
      Hey everybody! So the other day, I decided to make a 5-minute guide on how to play the Warrior class in WoW. It's not super in-depth, but I just wanted some good feedback from the Warrior community on this. Lemme know what you guys think! I also hope that this is able to help somebody out there.   ?

• By Neptune
      So i heard about primal ancients, and i m kinda desperate to get it. Why? It can make my Demon Hunter even powerful then he is now (I deal about 35m damage) So how do you get them? I know how though. Get in a GR 70 and do it Solo, but how do you do it actually? How much do you need to farm this for? A week? A month? A YEAR? The point is, i want primal ancients, and have NO IDEA how to farm them :// so... i need a bit of help for farming :))
    • By Gnub
      Been playing as 29/11/0 so far, extra crit heals is obviously good for keeping my team alive.

However, I never go OOM, so I want to get some more burst damage. What is the best way to make a hybrid paladin? 
      Holy shock with spell power? I want to do burst damage when my heals get interrupted, so holy shock might be bad.

7 Prot is the bare minimum for me, Imp Freedom is so strong.
      18 Prot is also very strong, extra stuns together with grenades is powerful for BGs.
      25 Prot for reckoning might be the best burst damage available, you could even heal with a 2hander. But this requires alot of investment and SETUP.

How good is SoC for a 1hander? Spell power gear? Maybe using Thrash Blade to do melee damage while healing geared.

What kind of gear? Spell power or strength?