FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Steller

20 or 25% haste? whats best

Restoshamys breakpoints for haste thet we want to reach is 20% thets when moste of our heals and totems gett one additional tick.

But at 25% haste we gett one additional tick on riptide.

My question is. Is it worth it? to gett thet second tick on riptide you have to go from 3764 haste to 5676 haste. (and this is with haste buff and the 5% passiv buff you gett from Ancestral swiftness)

1974 haste. Wouldent it be worth it to just reforge it to mastery insted? and skip the extra tick on riptide?

And ofc you have to realize thet your casting speed will be lower if you go for the 20% breakpoint instead of the 25%. But still, is it worth it?=)

My advice would be to go for the 25% cap only if it does not require you to reforge everything to Haste. The idea is to keep a balanced amount of Haste and Mastery. If you go out of your way to reach a haste cap, you will have far more Haste than Mastery, which is not advised.

Hello there,

Unless there's been an update I missed, there is currently no such thing as totem Haste "breakpoints" as you understand them. Totems currently scale strangely with Haste, or at least Resto Shaman's totems do.

My advice would be either get a spell breakpoint (rather than a totem one) or don't aim for any.

For more information check out the discussion on these forums (here).

Hello there,

Unless there's been an update I missed, there is currently no such thing as totem Haste "breakpoints" as you understand them. Totems currently scale strangely with Haste, or at least Resto Shaman's totems do.

My advice would be either get a spell breakpoint (rather than a totem one) or don't aim for any.

Yes, there are haste breakpoints for totems, such as i know the guides on Elitistjerks are trustworthy.

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-resto_its_raining_heals_5_2_a/

This link shows a well done work with maths and sims to calculate it all.

Theres an importont haste breakpoints for totems at 3764 rating, followed by 5676 for riptide.

If u still assume this is wrong, show me math that proves this wrong first.

- Horcored

From what I personally have experienced is that the totem haste breakpoint is only really "nice" to have when you have your t15 2 set. Other then that though there is no reason to put haste into anything since the breakpoint before that is 871 which you are almost guaranteed to have over without reforging.

The reason why I say this is because even though an extra tick to your totems is nice it doesn't compare to the almost 3000 stats that you can put into crit or mastery.

And regarding the question to whether or not there is a totem breakpoint, there is because in game I've messed around with them more then once. With the results being every time that I've hit that breakpoint at 3764 I gain an extra tick in both.

Hello there,

Binkenstein over at Totemspot has said that they do have breakpoint. Though at the time of his post, he said they did something weird with server lag. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it seems that they do in fact gain ticks.

Here is a post by him talking about it. And here is the haste breakpoint card for shamans: Non-Goblin and Goblin

Hello again,

Yes I'm aware of what Bink said at the time of my post. I actually discussed it with him at the time. The problem was that the theoretical breakpoints were solid, but in practice you never actually saw them work properly. The reason at the time was determined to be probably (but not certainly) server lag. The net result was that sometimes you saw more ticks, sometimes less ticks, around the breakpoint. The probability of seeing more ticks was roughly proportional to how much haste you had.

So what I'm saying is that while it's theoretically sound, the last I heard was that in practice there is no working breakpoint for totems. This may have changed since my first post here, and I haven't been paying attention because I'm currently on a break from WoW. However, if it was server lag that caused the problem then I imagine that the problem has not gone away.

I'm not saying that there's no use going for spell breakpoints, what I am saying is that there seems to be no evidence that totem breakpoints are currently beneficial.

Binkenstein over at Totemspot has said that they do have breakpoint. Though at the time of his post, he said they did something weird with server lag. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it seems that they do in fact gain ticks.

Here is a post by him talking about it. And here is the haste breakpoint card for shamans: Non-Goblin and Goblin

To clarify; they do gain ticks, but unreliably and not *at* the breakpoint. That's how it was at the time of my original post.