FORUMS
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Malfurion

4 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Broccoli's health pool is too low to be effective most of the time, and its damage relies upon other heroes' stuns and roots, because broccoli is too slow. If you can get the right composition, then sure, but you would get steamrolled over by a team that has a more reliable core.

It's probably good enough for pre-made QM, but I would advise against running it in higher ranked leagues, even though it is a nice combo.

Ah yes, definitely. This build is for pre-made QM. I should have mentioned that in my original post. It is more of a experimental build to fool around, but I was surprised to see how efficient it was.

Funny you mention the Broccoli healthpool, because it is hilarious how often people ignore it because of its low health, only to get slapped for 400 damage out of nowhere. Sometimes I even throw a Rejuvenation at it (I love that Malfurion can heal minions).

Thanks for the feedback, by the way!

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Oxygen said:

No need for brocolis now that you have Celestial AlignmentCelestial Alignment.

Does that apply only for Malfurion's basic attacks? I assume yes, right? But how much does he hit for with that talent? If I recall his base damage is really low.

Edited by Valhalen

On 2018年1月3日 at 10:51 PM, ShadowerDerek said:

The new Malf looks interesting, but I think his talent choice is not diverse.

Lv 1: Nature's Swiftness seems really good for a support that has no self peel. Probably the best talent in this level.

Lv 4: Deep root is pretty much the default choice here. The other choices are quite underwhelming.

Lv 7: Wild Growth seems like the best choice here. It synergies very well with Nature's Swiftness at Lv 1 and Moonlit Harmony at Lv 16 because the increased Regrowth duration can cause more Regrowth to be active at the same time. Nature's Cure is overrated because:

1) It doesn't give unstoppable;

2) You need to have Regrowth active on your target;

3) It only removes stuns, roots and slows, so I don't think it can remove horrify, taunt and other silence effects.

Tenacious Root is bad: if you get stunned as Malf, in most cases you die before you're able to cast the root.

Lv 10: Tranquility still sucks when compared to Twilight Dream.

Lv 13: Ice Block. You need it. The other choices are very underwhelming.

Lv 16: Moonlit Harmony is a big power spike to him. It vastly improves his otherwise lackluster burst heal, in a quite reliable way. This is probably the best talent in his entire talent tree.

Lv 20: Lunar Shower has better synergy with Moonlit Harmony than Lifebloom, on top of having a lower cooldown, so I think Lunar Shower is the better choice.

Overall, I fell like Moonlit Harmony and Lunar Shower make him a really strong late game healer, but mana sustain is gonna be his biggest issue since he pretty much need to spam Q and W all the time. Also, the removal of Elune's Grace and Storm Shield definitely hurt him.

I posted this on the Blaze PTR patch note discussion. I think you should have a look before writting the talent discussions. So far, your talent recommendations seem very odd.

Strangling Vines makes  Entangling Roots significantly more difficult to avoid. Since the initial area of the Ability is also increased by this Talent, Strangling Vines also helps with accuracy when you need to Root a moving target.

Deep Roots is generally used when Entangling Roots becomes a follow up on kill targets when your team composition features plenty of crowd control to lock targets down. The reduced healing makes it more difficult to save Rooted targets.

I think there's something wrong here. kendSmart

Edited by ShadowerDerek
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ShadowerDerek said:

Strangling Vines makes  Entangling Roots significantly more difficult to avoid. Since the initial area of the Ability is also increased by this Talent, Strangling Vines also helps with accuracy when you need to Root a moving target.

Deep Roots is generally used when Entangling Roots becomes a follow up on kill targets when your team composition features plenty of crowd control to lock targets down. The reduced healing makes it more difficult to save Rooted targets.

I think there's something wrong here. kendSmart

Thanks! I passed this onto Oxy. This should get fixed today or tomorrow.

I guess Oxy must have forgotten about it. I submitted a fix myself, which should go live soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I think Vengeful Root is quite underrated in this guide. It's the highest pick rate and win rate talent out of the 3 talents, according to Hotslog. Even if the treant can only attack once, it usually double the damage of Entangling Root. In HL where teammates aren't always reliable, the additional damage can be the difference between a takedown or not. Even in pro plays, it's picked in some situations. 

Guest what about the patch

The game was patched few days ago and there is no coverage on icy veins.