FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MadMonk

Post your UI

A classic thread on every WoW forum, just post a screenshot of your UI, maybe with a small explanation.

I use ElvUI with some plugins, vuhdo for raidframes, powerauras for the cooldowns, bigwigs for timers and that's about it.

Only just recently installed the raid cooldown tracker on the left, haven't raided with it yet so it's not in the correct position. I'll adjust that on wednesday.

P.S. One day I'll also move vuhdo and all my power auras a bit to the left, I think they're slightly too much to the middle, but I'm too lazy and haven't done it just yet.

Posted Image

• Like 2

ElvUI + Grid + Recount + Omen (the screenshot wasn't taken in combat, so many cool things are missing :P)

Posted Image

ElvUI + some random other stuff. Also, feel free to read the raid chat in this LFR group. He asked to me to give him the Insignia of the Corrupted Mind that I won. So I made him say something in raid chat first...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Nice one. Just a quick question, did you know that you can imbed skada/omen/recount... in the right chat frame? I don't have any of that turned on in main raids, but in 10-man raids I use them and I use the embed option which makes the addon cover the right chat frame. This saves space on the screen (I don't use the right chat during a raid anyway).

With Skada for example it looks something like this (I set it up in 2 frames, heal/damage for my healers, threat/damage for when I play DPS or tank)

Posted Image

• Like 1

I think I knew I could embed them on a previous build of ElvUI. I just haven't been arsed to do it lately. I probably should sine it looks cleaner either way. Especially since I have my omen and recount set up exactly like you do now, just not embedded in the right frame.

Is ElvUi hard to setup? My UI is a bit of a mess since 4.1 when I changed computer, I've never really bothered sorting it all back out and I'm just running with bartender and grid.

I'm always reluctant to have a large UI addon due to the hassle of setting it all up!

The first time you log in an install happens, chat frames get set in order, cVars(no idea what it is), unit frames..., you can even choose between healer, tank melee or ranged dps for th einstall process. After that it's mostly done and just requires some small tweaking to set it to your liking.

I actually use this compilation: AffinityUI which already has most of the addons I want, I just tweaked the power auras a bit, along with vuhdo and some datatext bars.

Very Simplistic. Bartender -- Sexy Map -- CT Buff Mod -- Grid -- Omen (currently hidden) -- Recount -- Titan Panel -- X-Perl Unitframes -- Yury's Rune Display -- Blood Shield Tracker

Posted Image

Edited by HardBeatZ

Let me dig out a good one... Wait, nah, I'll go take one...

Posted Image

There! Madness LFR in all its fiery glory. UI's FTW!

The raidframes do suck here; I raid 10's mostly, so my LFR frames aren't optimized =3

Raidframes: Vuh'do

Cooldown Timers: Power Auras

Player Frames: Pitbull

Other: Lots of other guff, list goes on forever :)

I won't post one because it is almost the same as Meukows! Only difference is I have recount and omen neatly on the right...

I can't deal with much more information on the screen :)

One thing a lot of people say is that too many UI addons make patch day stressful. I haven't had a single patch-day problem yet. Maybe this is overblown somewhat? :)

One thing a lot of people say is that too many UI addons make patch day stressful. I haven't had a single patch-day problem yet. Maybe this is overblown somewhat? Posted Image

I don't think I've ever had any problems. Maybe that's because the US gets their patch earlier then we do in Europe and addon developers can update them quite fast. I also update all my addons right before I play the game after a new patch.

Even 4.2, 4.3 and the start of cataclysm went pretty smooth for me, because Blizzard allows addons towards the end of a beta/PTR testing period and all the good and very popular addons get updated during that time and are released when the patch is being applied.

I don't think I've ever had any problems. Maybe that's because the US gets their patch earlier then we do in Europe and addon developers can update them quite fast. I also update all my addons right before I play the game after a new patch.

Even 4.2, 4.3 and the start of cataclysm went pretty smooth for me, because Blizzard allows addons towards the end of a beta/PTR testing period and all the good and very popular addons get updated during that time and are released when the patch is being applied.

The most popular ones are always quick to update for sure! The majority of addons still function fine if you just "load out of date" ones anyway.

It did used to annoy me having to re-download addons manually (does Curse client do it automatically?). Then a friend pointed out WoWMatrix and thats pretty much a one click button to update them all :) nice and handy

Curse doesn't have a one-button function unless you pay for it, I think. Guess they have to keep it funded somehow ^_^

The Curse CLient is free, and scans for updates for your addons every time you log in, quite easy actually........my UI is boring.....im a Rogue...... I use DBM and Recount.........not much there huh? otherwise when im just out and about doing my normal stuffs its Gatherer, NPC Scan and NPC Scan overlay..... im pretty simple, and like to play it as its given to me for the most part.........

But i DO have a confession........ I used the Icy-Veins Class Guid to tweak my Rogue and make her a better DPS-er, breaking my rule of playing it MY WAY lol... i was happy to see that for the most part, my talent tree was set up almost exactly the way you guys had it, with only a few small changes, it made me feel pro :P And my rotation only needed tweaking to add one change. i was actually grinning ear to ear and saying YAY!!!! im not as big a looser as i thought!

now back to UI....... so yeah, recount. DBM. and i only use DBM occasionally because otherwise it slows down my framerate to 4fps.......not good.

The Curse CLient is free, and scans for updates for your addons every time you log in, quite easy actually

Yes, but you have to press "update" on every single addon. What I was talking about is their "premium" feature which updates everything. :)

I'm aiming for a simple UI so that it doesn't clutter my whole screen, and here is it:

Posted Image

I use Dominos, Prat, Grid, Xforcist, Decursive, Titan Panel, along with another addons.

By the way, MadMonk, how do you split the Recount into two so that you can see healing and the DPS at same time? I'd like a way to monitor both.

That's a nice one Crix! Do you use any kind of Power Auras type addons? It's always good to show with Auras up as well, to get a feel for it in action ^_^

That's a nice one Crix! Do you use any kind of Power Auras type addons? It's always good to show with Auras up as well, to get a feel for it in action Posted Image

I've tried it out one time before, didn't like it so I just got rid of it. I think I like what I have right now, though. Posted Image

Heh fair enough. Why didn't you like it? (Asking because I have a PowA guide that could use some feedback from potential users)

Posted Image

This is my pre-Cata UI, but it hasn't changed much since.

Add-ons: Chatter, Sunn Art, Bartender, Pitbull, Healbot, Sexy Map, Omen, Recount, CLCRet, Elkano's Buff Bars, TipTac, Carbonite, OmniCC, PallyPower, TidyPlates, Crap Away, Deadly Boss Mods, MikScrollingBattleText

Edited by Vladamyr
  • Like 1

This is my pre-Cata UI, but it hasn't changed much since.

Holy Sh*t. That's awesome. Did you make that UI yourself or did you get it somewhere? and are those color-waves-lines-thingies moving or are they silent images? (isn't it annoying to lose so much space on your screen and don't you get distracted?)