Jaicada1

Dissalussioned MW needs help BADLY

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

I am a MW monk who has been doing an AWESOME job all the up until the last few levels in WoD. My raid and pvp stats were always in the top 2, now I'm lucky if I'm able to squeeze my way into top 5 of 5 healers! When I check recount, I notice they are all using renewing mist a lot. I have always relied heavily on my soothing mist. So, I have tried various ways of using it, but I'm just not sure how theyre doing it. Are they marking random players? I just don't get it and there doesn't seem to be an addon that will break down the mechanics of it to me. I'm seriously thinking of hanging up my  intellect headgear for a dunce cap and going dps! Can ANYONE give me any suggestions?

Speaking particularly about Renewing Mist, you need to try and keep it up on at least six players, and use Uplift a whole lot.  It helps dramatically if you have Pool of Mists as your tier 7 talent, as that boosts the healing on Renewing Mist by 15% and makes it a 3-charge thing, rather than the default CD.

Another really useful thing is to use Thunder Focus Tea before your Renewing Mist cast, as instead of jumping twice, it jumps four times, quickly stacking up the count of people with it on them.  Obviously if you're keeping a tank alive, you have to be careful with that, as you need the boost for an emergency heal, but when you can use the boost on the mist, do so.

If you want to do more AoE healing, Rushing Jade Wind is dead useful if there are a lot of people stacked about you in need of healing as the heal is big, pretty much always the case in BRF, but it depletes mana something chronic, failing that, the alternate talent Chi Torpedo as a roll-replacement makes for a more active healing utility over distance.

If you need to keep track of your Renewing Mists, there's an add-on called Renewing Mist Tracker, though you can get WeakAuras to do the same sort of thing with some work, and that has a great deal more uses.

Hi, i'm older player coming from almost 10 year hiatus, so I havent had the time to gear up to BiS, so your experience may vary depending on your iLVL. 

If you are doing raid healing just have Renewing Mist on everybody and shoot Uplift as much as possible. I find Power Strikes to be the best talent to gather Chi. Use Expel Harm asap to get the 1-3 chi and use Renewing Mist and Surging Mist to get chi when Expel Harm is on CD. 

Revival is a Huge spell as well, my personal trick is to pop Draenic Int potion before using revival to get the extra oomph out of it (havent heard anybody else doing so though..)

In smaller content, like mythic dungeons and 10 man raids, I personally spec to Chi Explosion so I've a bit more tools and I don't have to spread Renewing Mist so much. 

I also always spam Chi Burst and use Chi Torpedo whenever I don't anything else to do, they wont do much but in the end any little bit helps. 

Btw, you can use Expel Harm and Thunder Focus Tea before the fight so you've extra Chi and the Thunder Buff before the fight even starts. 

Transcendence is good way to minimize time you're moving. 

2 hours ago, Pip said:

Hi, i'm older player coming from almost 10 year hiatus, so I havent had the time to gear up to BiS, so your experience may vary depending on your iLVL. 

If you are doing raid healing just have Renewing Mist on everybody and shoot Uplift as much as possible. I find Power Strikes to be the best talent to gather Chi. Use Expel Harm asap to get the 1-3 chi and use Renewing Mist and Surging Mist to get chi when Expel Harm is on CD. 

Revival is a Huge spell as well, my personal trick is to pop Draenic Int potion before using revival to get the extra oomph out of it (havent heard anybody else doing so though..)

In smaller content, like mythic dungeons and 10 man raids, I personally spec to Chi Explosion so I've a bit more tools and I don't have to spread Renewing Mist so much. 

I also always spam Chi Burst and use Chi Torpedo whenever I don't anything else to do, they wont do much but in the end any little bit helps. 

Btw, you can use Expel Harm and Thunder Focus Tea before the fight so you've extra Chi and the Thunder Buff before the fight even starts. 

Transcendence is good way to minimize time you're moving. 

This topic is almost a year old, please make sure you are checking the dates on topics before posting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Riotzin
      <Cryogenic> - 3/9M - Recruiting all RDPS classes for an immediate raid spot to round out our 20m roster. Tues/Weds 7-11 SERVER. Discord/Flask/Food provided for raiders. 925++. Pst for more info!!!

The guild was founded by a group of friends with a mission, to progress through mythic raids without the toxic environment. The guild was formed halfway through EN and despite the late start we built a solid core of raiders and down 5/7M EN before the Nighthold was released. We ended up having to break up as soon as we cleared heroic Nighthold, but we are back with a vengance here on Stormrage now. 

CURRENT PROGRESSION:
      Emerald Nightmare -- 5/7M
      Trial of Valor -- 3/3H
      Nighthold -- 10/10H 5/10M (Guild break after Gul'dan kill)
      Tomb of Sargeras -- 9/9N 9/9H 3/9M

LOOKING FOR:
      We are currently looking for people that can commit to all raid days, who will show up prepared and not waste our time or their own time. We understand that real life happens, but we do ask that our raiders maintain at least 90% attendance and that can make sure they can raid without interruption. We don't have any strict attendance policies/punishments, however it is important for us to keep our progression as strong as possible, which relies heavily on raid wide attendance. 

RAID TIMES:
      Tuesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Wednesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Thursday 8-11 Server (EST) Optional Heroic/Normal

We also often run old content (M EN/ToV/Nightbane/Nighthold) as well as constant M+ groups throughout the day. These runs are 100% optional.

RECRUITMENT:
      We are currently looking for all exceptional players to rebuild our raid team. We don't care about item level or prior experience. We want quality players to learn, grow, and progress with. We currently have a very strong core of raiders, but with attendance issues and people quitting wow, we are strongly shifting our focus on finding players that excel at their class/spec to round out the last few spots in our main roster. 

CURRENT NEED:
      ALL DPS CLASSES - (ranged more so than melee)
      ALL EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS

EXPECTATIONS:
      We expect all raiders to come to raids prepared. This means: 
      - Having the correct gems/enchants (200 gems)
      - Class knowledge
      - Raid preparation. 
      We only raid 8 hours a week, so it is imperative that we don't waste time.All underpreforming players, regardless of rank and class, will be benched until performance can be brought up to par for the current content. We are not interested in carrying anyone, and if you cannot perform raid mechanics, then we are not the guild for you. Cauldrons and food will be provided by the guild bank when available. Everyone in the guild is taken care of, and this is done primarily through donation by our members. Our guild is a small community and we all pitch in to get things done.

LOOT SYSTEM:
      As a guild we opt to run loot through a loot council that is run by the officers. Loot is distributed in a way that most benefits the raid team in terms of progression. Distributing loot factors are performance/attendance/role/rank (I.E. Trials are typically lower on loot priority. (Higher rank than takes priority over trial) Loot is always dished out in a way that is most beneficial to the guild is a whole, and is a completely transparent process to avoid drama. We use the add-on RClootcouncil for ease of distribution.

PRIMARY CONTACT:
      Recruitment Officer - Riotzin (FrostyDog#155103)

OTHER CONTACTS:
      Guild Master/Raid Leader - Dêv (CrispyD#1823) 
      Lootmaster/Co-GM - Beanboss

Anyone listed can answer any further questions you may have pertaining to the guild as well as conduct your interview in our guild discord.
    • By HansHolger
      Hallo everybody,
      I have a question about transmoging.
      I would love to use the silent Assassin set on my Monk, i that possible? I know that i can wear the t13 from druids, but not sure about that special rogue set.
      https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/transmogrification-rogue-challenge-mode-set
      Thank you in advance
      HansHolger
    • By pizzawarlock
      <In Cats We Trust> is a casual leveling guild that is recruiting new players of all levels to join us for ridiculous shenanigans and good times. Our raid team is also looking for new recruits! We raid Saturdays and Sundays 9:30 EST. Looking for heals and dps. We are friendly, helpful and love having a good time. Our members dabble in a bit of everything and are friendly to all types of players. Join us today!
      Contact mochi#1626
    • By healionaire
      What stat %s should we aim for?
    • By AcidSapphire
      Hello there,

I am trying to find a character that suits me and 'till now i didn't find it..
      I have a Paladin level 110, a Rogue, DH, Warrior and a Druid. I really enjoyed to play Prot. Paladin but i was overwhelmed with all the knowledge i need to know for raids.I have to say that this is the class that i played the most. I have to say that i usually play in weekends and sometimes in week days.
      I enjoyed playing warrior in PVP but, that was it, nothing else..

Two days ago i just got my Druid level 110 and played as Feral (with the intention to play Resto or Guard 'cause i want to be a healer and/or a tank but i found the rotations a little off for me..)

Anyway, my question is, what should i play? I was thinking about a Disc Priest or a Ench/Resto Shaman or a Brew/Mist Monk. I just can't decide what i should play and unfortunately i have to level them from scratch..

Any advice ?

I really need a new perspective 'bout what i should play :)

Thanks!