Jaicada1

Dissalussioned MW needs help BADLY

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

I am a MW monk who has been doing an AWESOME job all the up until the last few levels in WoD. My raid and pvp stats were always in the top 2, now I'm lucky if I'm able to squeeze my way into top 5 of 5 healers! When I check recount, I notice they are all using renewing mist a lot. I have always relied heavily on my soothing mist. So, I have tried various ways of using it, but I'm just not sure how theyre doing it. Are they marking random players? I just don't get it and there doesn't seem to be an addon that will break down the mechanics of it to me. I'm seriously thinking of hanging up my  intellect headgear for a dunce cap and going dps! Can ANYONE give me any suggestions?

Speaking particularly about Renewing Mist, you need to try and keep it up on at least six players, and use Uplift a whole lot.  It helps dramatically if you have Pool of Mists as your tier 7 talent, as that boosts the healing on Renewing Mist by 15% and makes it a 3-charge thing, rather than the default CD.

Another really useful thing is to use Thunder Focus Tea before your Renewing Mist cast, as instead of jumping twice, it jumps four times, quickly stacking up the count of people with it on them.  Obviously if you're keeping a tank alive, you have to be careful with that, as you need the boost for an emergency heal, but when you can use the boost on the mist, do so.

If you want to do more AoE healing, Rushing Jade Wind is dead useful if there are a lot of people stacked about you in need of healing as the heal is big, pretty much always the case in BRF, but it depletes mana something chronic, failing that, the alternate talent Chi Torpedo as a roll-replacement makes for a more active healing utility over distance.

If you need to keep track of your Renewing Mists, there's an add-on called Renewing Mist Tracker, though you can get WeakAuras to do the same sort of thing with some work, and that has a great deal more uses.

Hi, i'm older player coming from almost 10 year hiatus, so I havent had the time to gear up to BiS, so your experience may vary depending on your iLVL. 

If you are doing raid healing just have Renewing Mist on everybody and shoot Uplift as much as possible. I find Power Strikes to be the best talent to gather Chi. Use Expel Harm asap to get the 1-3 chi and use Renewing Mist and Surging Mist to get chi when Expel Harm is on CD. 

Revival is a Huge spell as well, my personal trick is to pop Draenic Int potion before using revival to get the extra oomph out of it (havent heard anybody else doing so though..)

In smaller content, like mythic dungeons and 10 man raids, I personally spec to Chi Explosion so I've a bit more tools and I don't have to spread Renewing Mist so much. 

I also always spam Chi Burst and use Chi Torpedo whenever I don't anything else to do, they wont do much but in the end any little bit helps. 

Btw, you can use Expel Harm and Thunder Focus Tea before the fight so you've extra Chi and the Thunder Buff before the fight even starts. 

Transcendence is good way to minimize time you're moving. 

2 hours ago, Pip said:

Hi, i'm older player coming from almost 10 year hiatus, so I havent had the time to gear up to BiS, so your experience may vary depending on your iLVL. 

If you are doing raid healing just have Renewing Mist on everybody and shoot Uplift as much as possible. I find Power Strikes to be the best talent to gather Chi. Use Expel Harm asap to get the 1-3 chi and use Renewing Mist and Surging Mist to get chi when Expel Harm is on CD. 

Revival is a Huge spell as well, my personal trick is to pop Draenic Int potion before using revival to get the extra oomph out of it (havent heard anybody else doing so though..)

In smaller content, like mythic dungeons and 10 man raids, I personally spec to Chi Explosion so I've a bit more tools and I don't have to spread Renewing Mist so much. 

I also always spam Chi Burst and use Chi Torpedo whenever I don't anything else to do, they wont do much but in the end any little bit helps. 

Btw, you can use Expel Harm and Thunder Focus Tea before the fight so you've extra Chi and the Thunder Buff before the fight even starts. 

Transcendence is good way to minimize time you're moving. 

This topic is almost a year old, please make sure you are checking the dates on topics before posting.