FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redfella

Redfella's DW Frost WeakAuras

It is working pretty well for me. I was testing it on a targeting dummy, so not in a real situation. Few issues that I found..

Defile issue 1: Should Defile have "Ignore Rune CD" enabled? As it is not shown, if your runes are on CDs and according to priority guides you should always use it when available.

Defile issue 2: Perhaps have a new string "Blood Tap for Defile" when Plague Leech is not available and you do not have runes to cast it? Otherwise, just have Plague Leech so as a priority before Defile?

Potential issue: Outbreak shows up all the time on the targeting dummy because of the Trigger 2.

Defile Issue: Had a chance to check the rules now and it's working as intended for that trigger. Basicly "Ignore Rune CD" means Defile will be shown in queue regardless of if you can actually cast it (since it requires a Death/Unholy rune). Leaving the checkbox unticked means that once Defile is not on CD and you actually have a rune, the helper will tell you to use Defile.

In the upcoming third release candidate, there will also be a Blood Tap trigger to suggest blood tapping in order to get Defile out faster, bringing the priority list  for Defile rotation up to Skullflowers specifications.

Edited by Redfella

First a big thanks for this. Really a big help for me.

But im having a problem with latest version.

At start it say im having to pop Death's Advance and i do at start of fight. But then  after Death's Advance cooldown it say me i have to use it again. This i dont understand since i never put that inside my rotation.

29.07.2015 - 2.0 release candidate 3

[MOD] Defile Rotation: Use only Unholy runes for Plague Strike 

[MOD] Defile Rotation: Suggest Blood Tap if no runes to cast Defile and it's off CD

[ADD] Both Rotations: Calculate "Time to 35%" via a Custom Function and suggest Soul Reaper when target in execute range inside next five seconds

[MOD] Improve performance by optimizing main Custom Function

[MOD] Update Auras and Cooldowns to 2.0

[FIX] Don't suggest Death's Advance during combat

[ADD] Global Cooldown Overlay instead of a bar (Move this right on top of your Rotation Helper)

Also, updated the video in first post.

Edited by Redfella

First a big thanks for this. Really a big help for me.

But im having a problem with latest version.

At start it say im having to pop Death's Advance and i do at start of fight. But then  after Death's Advance cooldown it say me i have to use it again. This i dont understand since i never put that inside my rotation.

Install newest version. :)

I did but still a few things that dont work for mesad.png still death's advance is not working properly. When i compare my screen with your screen from your movie mine is different.

Dunno maybe i will do full reinstall of WA2 and see if its maybe a problem with my install.

Or maybe i didnt proper copied the string??

Edited by Vulpturius

29.07.2015 - 2.0 release candidate 3

[MOD] Defile Rotation: Use only Unholy runes for Plague Strike 

[MOD] Defile Rotation: Suggest Blood Tap if no runes to cast Defile and it's off CD

[ADD] Both Rotations: Calculate "Time to 35%" via a Custom Function and suggest Soul Reaper when target in execute range inside next five seconds

[MOD] Improve performance by optimizing main Custom Function

[MOD] Update Auras and Cooldowns to 2.0

[FIX] Don't suggest Death's Advance during combat

[ADD] Global Cooldown Overlay instead of a bar (Move this right on top of your Rotation Helper)

Also, updated the video in first post.

This is probably a silly question, but do I need to completely uninstall your old WA profile and then import the new string, or can I import it and trust it to replace the old one?

Liking the new updated, although sometimes Death's Advance stays up on my screen even when I am OOC and not targeting anyone at all.

I had a question about the rotation and how it handles the 4-Piece Set Bonus...

(Taken from Skullflower)

8) Pair Killing Machine procs with Frost Strike and exhaust your runic power whenever it is above 88. If you have Tier 18 2p and 4p, pool your Runic Power in preparation for Killing Machine procs, but do not let your Runic Power overcap.

I have noticed since getting my 4p that I am still spending as much runic power and not really "pooling" it as he describes. Any ideas on that? It isn't hard to ignore the suggested ability and throw another Obliterate/HB out there until I get a KM proc, I was just curious if you had any plans around it

Message: [string "return function()..."]:2: attempt to compare number with nil

Time: 07/30/15 12:46:31

Count: 1

Stack: [string "return function()..."]:2: in function <[string "return function()..."]:1>

Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\RegionTypes\icon.lua:227: in function `UpdateCustomText'

Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:5269: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:5265>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil

(*temporary) = nil

(*temporary) = "attempt to compare number with nil"

Hi again Red, and again congrutalation for your work.

I update rotation helper to 2.0 and for the first time (i ve used unholy RH too) i had problem

Edit: problem is with "soul reaper before execute...."

Edited by Marv

Liking the new updated, although sometimes Death's Advance stays up on my screen even when I am OOC and not targeting anyone at all.

I had a question about the rotation and how it handles the 4-Piece Set Bonus...

(Taken from Skullflower)

8) Pair Killing Machine procs with Frost Strike and exhaust your runic power whenever it is above 88. If you have Tier 18 2p and 4p, pool your Runic Power in preparation for Killing Machine procs, but do not let your Runic Power overcap.

I have noticed since getting my 4p that I am still spending as much runic power and not really "pooling" it as he describes. Any ideas on that? It isn't hard to ignore the suggested ability and throw another Obliterate/HB out there until I get a KM proc, I was just curious if you had any plans around it

DA shows up if not in combat, not resting, not mounted and alive. I guess I should make it require a hostile target as well so it reminds you that you've a gap closer available, and not just every time you are unmounted in the wild.

As for the second point, yes, I could hide the FS rule when RP is lower than 88, you have 4P, and no KM proc, but sometimes you will want to Frost Strike regardless of your 4P pooling priority. For example, your target could be almost dead, the burn phase on Gorefiend is about to end etc. I prefer to make that decision myself.

Hence I opted to instead label Frost Strike (and Oblit while KM is up) with  current Runic Power amount so you can decide if you want to pool RP yourself. The last Frost Strike rule can really just be ignored since the only thing that will show up after you've exhausted RP is Empower Rune Weapon. I could remove ERW:s RP exhaustion trigger so it shows up simultaneously once all runes, blood charges, outbreak and plague leech is expended.

Edit: Holy shit typos.

Edited by Redfella
  • Like 1

Stack: [string "return function()..."]:2: in function <[string "return function()..."]:1>
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\RegionTypes\icon.lua:227: in function `UpdateCustomText'
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:5269: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:5265>

(*temporary) = nil

I update rotation helper to 2.0 and for the first time (i ve used unholy RH too) i had problem

Edit: problem is with "soul reaper before execute...."

Hard to say what's going on, I've not had nil errors from it so far, but I won't get to test the new feature extensively before friday. In the meantime, I guess you sh ould just disable the Soul Reaper before execute and then the Time until 35% custom function in the Rotation Helper group (go to the icon, and then to load tab and set load: Never).

I'll see if I can reproduce your problem, would help if you told me in what situation that error happends.

Edited by Redfella
  • Like 1

I just had a chance to test it in LFR and everything seems pretty good atm. Just 3 things i noticed.

- After a boss is defeated the Death's Advance icon stays in the screen and doesnt go away, even after a pack of mobs the icon stays there.

- After using Plague Leech. Isnt it better to use Outbreak (iff off CD) to fast put DOT's on target? Sometimes after plague leech you suggest frost strike or obli. I think outbreak after plague leech is better if its aff CD offcourse.

For me outbreak shows on a weird moment where i need to use it but i have still stacks on for more then 10 seconds.

- Maybe i just play bad but just sometimes i have no runic power or runes left and i would use Empower rune weapon. But maybe put it in the rotation or you give people the option to use it when for example BL/Heroism pops?

Edited by Vulpturius

- After using Plague Leech. Isnt it better to use Outbreak (iff off CD) to fast put DOT's on target? Sometimes after plague leech you suggest frost strike or obli. I think outbreak after plague leech is better if its aff CD offcourse.
For me outbreak shows on a weird moment where i need to use it but i have still stacks on for more then 10 seconds.

As we're constantly using HB, Frost Fever uptime stays high no matter when we Plague Leech. The two runes it generates for us every half a minute is a DPS increase vs. losing few ticks of Frost Fever and a bit more ticks of Blood Plague (which deals quite low damage).

For Necrotic Plague:

- Outbreak is used if everything is on CD or you can't reach your target. It's pretty much a filler spell that doesn't do much at all for NP. Then again, sitting on two capped Unholy Runes, or sitting on a KM proc is a big dps loss.

For Defile:

1) Frost Fever: HB keeps up FF, we don't ever need to worry about it

2) Blood Plague:

- We apply it with Outbreak IF we are not Unholy Capped, if we are not RP capped and if there are no KM proc and the target is missing Blood Plague.

- We apply it with Plague Strike (that uses an Unholy rune) if Outbreak is on cooldown (and the bolded rules apply).

TL;DR; Managing Blood Plague not that high on priority list.

- Maybe i just play bad but just sometimes i have no runic power or runes left and i would use Empower rune weapon. But maybe put it in the rotation or you give people the option to use it when for example BL/Heroism pops?

Rotation Helper should suggest ERW if all runes are on cd, you have no RP to cast Frost Strike, Outbreak is on cd and Plague Leech is on cd. Will check if there's a bug.

ps. Read above about Death's Advance. Will tweak it. smile.png

Edited by Redfella
  • Like 1

Uncommon Patron

(*temporary) = nil

Edit: problem is with "soul reaper before execute

Hello,

You had asked, Red, when the person reporting this error received it.  I get the same error message whenever I log on.  I'm not sure if it's attached to Soul Reaper or not.  If anyone has a solution to rid me of this persistent error, I'd appreciate it.

Uncommon Patron

Disable the custom function for "Time to 35%" by setting Load rule to never.

Unfortunately, it didn't do the trick.  I still receive the same lua error message.

Did you disable the custom function or the green colored Soul Reaper display with similar name? Could try disabling both. Someone few posts above confirmed that works.

I'll probably post an updated string without that feature on friday.

Hey red love your rotation addon!

I notice howling blast say on death/forst and when rime is on but It only check for killing machine.

So in situation where Rime and killing machine proc and i have no resource for obil or frost strike. It will not suggest howling blast. I think you might need two iconf or howling blast

Hey red love your rotation addon!

I notice howling blast say on death/forst and when rime is on but It only check for killing machine.

So in situation where Rime and killing machine proc and i have no resource for obil or frost strike. It will not suggest howling blast. I think you might need two iconf or howling blast

You are not supposed to Howling Blast in to Frost Strike, but rather use the KM proc with Obliterate (if no RP for FS). Since during the 1.5 seconds of waiting to get that Frost Strike out, your consequtive AutoAttacks might already proc another Killing Machine buff -> you end up wasting a KM.

Good catch for the KM trigger however, I'll add a second that shows up even if KM is up and you cannot use either FS AND OBLIT. In that case it's ofcourse just better to Howling Blast.

Edited by Redfella

Uncommon Patron

Did you disable the custom function or the green colored Soul Reaper display with similar name? Could try disabling both. Someone few posts above confirmed that works.

I'll probably post an updated string without that feature on friday.

I'm still receiving the error.  I'll try to set aside some time to disable/enable different parts to see what may be the culprit.  I do not have the programming knowledge to pursue it in a more intelligent way.

Thanks for the help and all the work you've put into this, Red.

• Like 1

I'll try to push out an update tonight/tomorrow to fix your problem Baladeva. Will also add that second Howling Blast display for when we can't FS/Oblit and have a KM proc. Currently that causes a break in the rotation.

2.0 released (check first post for link), and I'm pretty sure it's also bugfree. Everything reported here during past week has been fixed and I've also added a new icon for Howling Blast as follows:

- Killing Machine proc active

- Can't cast Obliterate

- Can't cast Frost Strike

- Can cast Howling Blast

I'm locking down version 2.0 for now, so don't expect any changes for a while unless there are bugs to fix.

I get the following error when I go to attack something on first load:

Date: 2015-08-04 20:05:10
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
   attempt to compare nil with number
Debug:
   [C]: ?
   [string "return function()..."]:2: trigger()
   WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1906: ScanEvents()
   WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1820: ForceEvents()
   WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:2350:
      WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:2159
Locals:

<none>
  (ck=dbb)

Edited by Galrash