FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mode

Affliction warlock rotation dps increase

Hello,

I want to ask for help/ some tips. I was reading the topics here, but still no improvements in my dps. My problem is that i only do about 30k dps in raids.

My rotation

In the start i do:

Curse of the elements -> Dark soul: Misery -> Soul Swap + soul burn -> Haunt -> malefic gasp.

Later i refresh my dots by one. if boss is below 20% hp i use soul swap + soul burn to refresh dots and soul drain. During the fight if i have soul shard i always cast haunt. If dark soul becomes available i use it and after that i refresh all my dots.

It is pretty simple but still no dps burst and no high dps.

my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bladefist/Antilord/simple

with my gear i think i should do about 40k-50k dps.

Maybe you can give me some advise about dots refreshing or stats priority. I know that i am loosing about 5% dps without 11% haste, but it should not be like 10k dps loose or I am not right?

Maybe you can also suggest me some good add ons for tracking my dots? I am new to global and to warlocks, but i want to learn how to play so any tricks would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

respectfully,

Mode

At first glance, your haste seems to be reeeaaallllyy low.

will haste really help me? couse i have haste cap 5% and hit cap 15%

I'll wait for the gurus to show up, but I'll just point you here: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44

That's a table that shows haste breakpoints. you're a bit low on the ilevel to really be hitting these realistically, but it'll give you an idea of how you should start gathering haste, at the least. Not to mention, here on Icy-Veins, at the affliction lock guide, under stat priority, it lists them as follows:

The stat priority for an Affliction Warlock is:

• Intellect;
  • Mastery Rating;
  • Haste Rating;
  • Hit Rating (until 15%);
  • Critical Strike Rating.

I'll wait for the gurus to show up, but I'll just point you here: http://www.totemspot.../entry.php?b=44

That's a table that shows haste breakpoints. you're a bit low on the ilevel to really be hitting these realistically, but it'll give you an idea of how you should start gathering haste, at the least. Not to mention, here on Icy-Veins, at the affliction lock guide, under stat priority, it lists them as follows:

hmmm so how much haste should i have with my ilvl? and how much i can loose hit % ?

Edited by Mode

I can't see your armory, but please follow the mentioned values posted in the stat weight guide.

If you are 450-479 ilvl, get to 5100 hit rating, 3043 haste rating, and put the rest into mastery.

If you are 480-489 ilvl, get to 5100 hit rating, 4717 haste rating, and put the rest into mastery.

If you are 490-515 ilvl, get to 5100 hit rating, 6637 haste rating, and put the rest into mastery.

• Like 1

I can't see your armory, but please follow the mentioned values posted in the stat weight guide.

If you are 450-479 ilvl, get to 5100 hit rating, 3043 haste rating, and put the rest into mastery.

If you are 480-489 ilvl, get to 5100 hit rating, 4147 haste rating, and put the rest into mastery.

If you are 490-515 ilvl, get to 5100 hit rating, 6637 haste rating, and put the rest into mastery.

my iLvl is 464 and i play in EU realm Bladefist, nick AntiLord

if i will have stats 5100hit and 3043haste how much i should expect to do dmg?

link to armory: http://eu.battle.net...Antilord/simple

Edited by Mode

my iLvl is 464 and i play in EU realm Bladefist, nick AntiLord

if i will have stats 5100hit and 3043haste how much i should expect to do dmg?

link to armory: http://eu.battle.net...Antilord/simple

(he can't see your armory cause he's at work, not cause you had a bad link previously.)

As for your damage output. what is it you're trying to achieve? you are in all bues except for crafted gear and DMF (which is super awesome). Looks like you're slowly building your rep with the right people (don't forget to pick up those bonus rep coins once you hit revered), and you're mostly gemmed and enchanted correctly (don't forget your meta)

so from where you are, whatever you're doing DPS wise today, is only going to get higher as you replace more pieces. And then will come the nearly weekly fun of reforging and regemming bit by bit until you're knocking over bosses with your swinging cod.

you need to see hard numbers? lets say 40-50k then. that seems reasonable to me.

I dunno dude. I'm by no means an expert but i'd say you're looking good. Your gear seem like the only thing holding u back. After I had just switched to affliction, when I didn't really know what i was doing i was getting a gear score of about 35k and that was with ilevel 478. So if my case is anything to go buy, 30k in that gear is good. And

I dunno dude. I'm by no means an expert but i'd say you're looking good. Your gear seem like the only thing holding u back. After I had just switched to affliction, when I didn't really know what i was doing i was getting a gear score of about 35k and that was with ilevel 478. So if my case is anything to go buy, 30k in that gear is good. And

It's definitely not gear. You should be doing at least 50k in a raid and he should be doing at least 40k. Just work on the rotation and don't refresh fully buffed DoT's early.

If you are 480-489 ilvl, get to 5100 hit rating, 4147 haste rating, and put the rest into mastery.

Umm,, I believe you meant 4717 haste, not 4147?

EDIT: In light of new haste threshold possibilities, the following reforge is optimal:

Int > SP > Haste (4717 or 4250 if Goblin) > Mastery > Hit (5100) > Haste > Crit

OR

Int > SP > Hit (5100) > Haste (4717 or 4250 if Goblin) > Mastery > Haste > Crit

Correct, it was a typo. I'll correct it.

if i will have a bit more haste for example 4747 will i lose some dps??

I want to thank you guys for advice about stats (just do not look to my char at the moment because yesterday i was rising my enchanting ;) ) with 6.05% haste and 15.08% hit i managed to do 44k dps in lfr.. it is really nice my dps grew from 30k to 44k and i just rised my haste with 1%. Dps is almost what i am expecting to be in single target with my current gear.

So my next question would be how to do mass dmg? if i have 4 targets i use curse of elements -> soul swap + soul burn in all targets... but in most cases I have more when 4 targets. Then i am trying to do soul burn + curse of elements and i am trying to cast as much as i can seed of corruption to different targets, but it is slow. By slow i mean the dmg comes in long time... and in most of the time i do the lowest mass dmg.

How could i improve my mass dmg?

Could you post your action bars print screen. I want to see skill order in action bars. I am looking how to add my all skills + trinkets to get the maximum efficiency.

For large trash pulls like at the beginning of Mogushan Vaults and Heart of Fear, I'm finding good results to forego the extra seconds it takes to throw curse of elements on the mobs, but instead soulburn:seed of corruption 4 of the mobs (using up all four soul shards) and then Harvest Life them all down..usually find myself in the top 3 on the dps charts for those pulls with that plan. Its slow setup at first...throwing a soulburn'd SoC on 4 of the mobs, but then spam Harvest Life. Everything blows up and has a Corruption DoT and you'll see your damage rising fast.

For large trash pulls like at the beginning of Mogushan Vaults and Heart of Fear, I'm finding good results to forego the extra seconds it takes to throw curse of elements on the mobs, but instead soulburn:seed of corruption 4 of the mobs (using up all four soul shards) and then Harvest Life them all down..usually find myself in the top 3 on the dps charts for those pulls with that plan. Its slow setup at first...throwing a soulburn'd SoC on 4 of the mobs, but then spam Harvest Life. Everything blows up and has a Corruption DoT and you'll see your damage rising fast.

i'll add that it should be a nice little boost to everyone if you spent a shard on a soulburn: curse of elements once the mobs have been pulled and tightly packed around the tank. that'll get them all at once and everything you do on top of that will be solid.

Could you post your action bars print screen. I want to see skill order in action bars. I am looking how to add my all skills + trinkets to get the maximum efficiency.

i half keybind, half click. what i do keybind is based around my naga mouse

picture one: http://i.imgur.com/wtGxI.jpg

picture two: http://i.imgur.com/RkgoE.jpg

when in a raid, the area below my spells is where the raid frame sits.

Edited by Gravyspasm

i'll add that it should be a nice little boost to everyone if you spent a shard on a soulburn: curse of elements once the mobs have been pulled and tightly packed around the tank. that'll get them all at once and everything you do on top of that will be solid.

i half keybind, half click. what i do keybind is based around my naga mouse

picture one: http://i.imgur.com/wtGxI.jpg

picture two: http://i.imgur.com/RkgoE.jpg

when in a raid, the area below my spells is where the raid frame sits.

nice interface! maybe you can tell me what addons you are using?

nice interface! maybe you can tell me what addons you are using?

modified version of Real UI. I've added a bunch of stuff i feel i need to be most effective, like buttontimers (what you see in the 2nd image for my immolate)

real UI: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info16068-RealUI.html

Hello guys again!

Yesterday i was in LFR there was some guy with 474ilvl (my ilvl is 477) an affliction warlock he managed to do 100k dps and i only did 47-56k :| so wtf is wrong with me.... i always keep my dots up. Use rotation written in icy-veins.. but still i am a big noob.. Yesterday i also removed all my reforge and i want to ask you guys to look to my gear and to tell me how to reforge/enchant my gear? to get maximum of its.

http://eu.battle.net...Antilord/simple

I use Mr. robot but i do not like to have less then 15% hit couse in encounters i need to recast some dots few times in a row this really annoys me. Maybe my talent build is wrong.. any suggestion would be very very very welcome.

Edited by Mode

Hi Mode,

Can you give a little (maybe a lot) more info on which fight/fights in LFR you are referring to? I can guarantee that the difference in output from your 47-56k to his 100k is not due entirely to gemming/reforging. That being said it never hurts to have the proper setup.

I'll try to help you get Mr. Robot to give you a decent setup to work with and maybe someone can help tune it to make it more optimal.

I don't know how familiar you are with Mr. Robot so I'll try to be thorough! To get you started go load up your character in Mr. Robot and under "Choose you gearing strategy..." open the drop-down menu and select "PvE: Hit Cap Build." After you've selected that click on the "Edit Weights" button to the right of that drop-down menu. There is a box for you to enter a value for the Haste soft cap you want to reach and with your gear that value is .1252 so type that in. Click "Save" at the top and then click "Optimize" on the main screen.

Now when I ran this, the program put you at 0.11% under the hit-cap. This isn't a bad thing and it is up to you if you want to have the program put you over the hit-cap. There is a way to force Mr. Robot to reach the hit-cap and you can do this by clicking "Options" (Has 2 yellow gears on the top) and at the very bottom there is a check box that says "Force Hit/Exp Caps." Check the box. While you are here you might also want to check the other boxes that are applicable to your needs such as "Exclude Expensive Enchants" if you are on a budget. Click "Save" at the top when you are done. This brings you way over the Hitcap (0.34%) and again its personal preference if you want to be 0.11% under the hitcap or over by 0.34%.

From there just reforge where it says to, buy the gems/enchants and put them on the equipment specified and you will be good to go.

To get the best setup you'd need to have your gear run through Simcraft and I'm too lazy at the moment to do that for you. This would give you better stat weights to work with Mr. Robot or whatever reforging tool you prefer.

Get back to us with some more details on the fights you are referring to because it sounds like your problem might lie with your playstyle.

P.S. If you haven't installed it already, go get Affdots and thank the heavens that someone created it.

Edited by Cruzan

Hi Mode,

Can you give a little (maybe a lot) more info on which fight/fights in LFR you are referring to? I can guarantee that the difference in output from your 47-56k to his 100k is not due entirely to gemming/reforging. That being said it never hurts to have the proper setup.

I'll try to help you get Mr. Robot to give you a decent setup to work with and maybe someone can help tune it to make it more optimal.

I don't know how familiar you are with Mr. Robot so I'll try to be thorough! To get you started go load up your character in Mr. Robot and under "Choose you gearing strategy..." open the drop-down menu and select "PvE: Hit Cap Build." After you've selected that click on the "Edit Weights" button to the right of that drop-down menu. There is a box for you to enter a value for the Haste soft cap you want to reach and with your gear that value is .1252 so type that in. Click "Save" at the top and then click "Optimize" on the main screen.

Now when I ran this, the program put you at 0.11% under the hit-cap. This isn't a bad thing and it is up to you if you want to have the program put you over the hit-cap. There is a way to force Mr. Robot to reach the hit-cap and you can do this by clicking "Options" (Has 2 yellow gears on the top) and at the very bottom there is a check box that says "Force Hit/Exp Caps." Check the box. While you are here you might also want to check the other boxes that are applicable to your needs such as "Exclude Expensive Enchants" if you are on a budget. Click "Save" at the top when you are done. This brings you way over the Hitcap (0.34%) and again its personal preference if you want to be 0.11% under the hitcap or over by 0.34%.

From there just reforge where it says to, buy the gems/enchants and put them on the equipment specified and you will be good to go.

To get the best setup you'd need to have your gear run through Simcraft and I'm too lazy at the moment to do that for you. This would give you better stat weights to work with Mr. Robot or whatever reforging tool you prefer.

Get back to us with some more details on the fights you are referring to because it sounds like your problem might lie with your playstyle.

P.S. If you haven't installed it already, go get Affdots and thank the heavens that someone created it.

First of all thank you for the replay Cruzan!

I did not knew that i am able to set soft haste cap for Mr. robot. After running Mr robot with soft haste cap i like that it gives to me. So thank you!

Can you please describe me what "simcraft" is?

I am using aff dots it is really nice add-on :)

Talking about lfr it was "Heart of fear" and the boss Garalon. I was standing in the middle and dotting boss and its legs. But in the end i ended with 56k and he with 102k :| All the lfr i was losing to him about 20-40k.

p.s. Going for the reforge! :)

sorry for the delay in this. been sick with the flu all weekend on top of moving to a new place and we don't have internet piped in yet. so, first day back at work in a while.

ok....reforges.

Posted Image

From top to bottom:

• Main Hand: No change, but jade spirit will help. but since it's a blue, meh. ya know?
  • Off hand: New Reforge Hit > Haste
  • Head: New Reforge : Hit > Haste
  • Neck: New Reforge: Hit > Haste
  • Shoulder: New Reforge: Crit > Hit
  • Back: New Reforge: Crit > Haste
  • Chest: No changes
  • Wrist: New Enchantment: +170 mastery
  • Hands: No Changes
  • Waist: No Changes
  • Legs: New Gem: Red Slot - Reckless Vermilion ::: New Reforge: Crit > Haste
  • Feet: New Enchantment: Pandaren's Step (mastery/run speed)
  • Rings and Trinkets: No changes

This will get you to just a hair over the haste threshold of 4717 (4731), a hair under 15% hitcap (.06% under).

I did look to replace your gems, but i like what you've done for the most part. Just need to fix that red slot in your pants to get the socket bonus.

If you have to be over the hitcap....well, there's no great solution. spend 1K jp and upgrade your helm. that'll get you over for sure.

edit: also, i'll add, if you start to get new pieces to replace the blues yo have, the first thing that should be changed is those haste gems, imo.

Edited by Gravyspasm

Hello guys again!

Yesterday i was in LFR there was some guy with 474ilvl (my ilvl is 477) an affliction warlock he managed to do 100k dps and i only did 47-56k :| so wtf is wrong with me.... i always keep my dots up. Use rotation written in icy-veins.. but still i am a big noob.. Yesterday i also removed all my reforge and i want to ask you guys to look to my gear and to tell me how to reforge/enchant my gear? to get maximum of its.

http://eu.battle.net...Antilord/simple

I use Mr. robot but i do not like to have less then 15% hit couse in encounters i need to recast some dots few times in a row this really annoys me. Maybe my talent build is wrong.. any suggestion would be very very very welcome.

Ill be honest here. I was in the same boat you are, UNTIL i followed the Mr. Robot suggestions of going under the hit cap. The additional mastery/haste BALLOONS you DPS in ways you couldnt imagine. The ONLY thing you need to keep track of is the RARE miss. If you miss something just reapply. Very minimal loss in DPS if this happens. In one week I went from 3rd or 4th in DPS to top Deeps in my guild. You should be able to do the same if you follow the suggestions found here on this amazing site AND Mr. Robot.

Ill be honest here. I was in the same boat you are, UNTIL i followed the Mr. Robot suggestions of going under the hit cap. The additional mastery/haste BALLOONS you DPS in ways you couldnt imagine. The ONLY thing you need to keep track of is the RARE miss. If you miss something just reapply. Very minimal loss in DPS if this happens. In one week I went from 3rd or 4th in DPS to top Deeps in my guild. You should be able to do the same if you follow the suggestions found here on this amazing site AND Mr. Robot.

Hey guys while were still on the subject what do you guys think about my gear? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Asphyxier/simple Did I do everything correctly? I just started back at WoW roughly 2 weeks ago and i'm still getting use to things. Thanks in advance!

sorry for the delay in this. been sick with the flu all weekend on top of moving to a new place and we don't have internet piped in yet. so, first day back at work in a while.

ok....reforges.

Posted Image

From top to bottom:

• Main Hand: No change, but jade spirit will help. but since it's a blue, meh. ya know?
  • Off hand: New Reforge Hit > Haste
  • Head: New Reforge : Hit > Haste
  • Neck: New Reforge: Hit > Haste
  • Shoulder: New Reforge: Crit > Hit
  • Back: New Reforge: Crit > Haste
  • Chest: No changes
  • Wrist: New Enchantment: +170 mastery
  • Hands: No Changes
  • Waist: No Changes
  • Legs: New Gem: Red Slot - Reckless Vermilion ::: New Reforge: Crit > Haste
  • Feet: New Enchantment: Pandaren's Step (mastery/run speed)
  • Rings and Trinkets: No changes
This will get you to just a hair over the haste threshold of 4717 (4731), a hair under 15% hitcap (.06% under).

I did look to replace your gems, but i like what you've done for the most part. Just need to fix that red slot in your pants to get the socket bonus.

If you have to be over the hitcap....well, there's no great solution. spend 1K jp and upgrade your helm. that'll get you over for sure.

edit: also, i'll add, if you start to get new pieces to replace the blues yo have, the first thing that should be changed is those haste gems, imo.

First of all i want to wish you, Gravyspasm, to get better!!

Know i am totally lost :| First of all i started to reforge with Mr robot and soft haste cap in the middle of reforge i sow your post and started to reforge as you recommended. In the end i have something, but it does not feel right :| Could you check my gear one more time and give me some tips.

One more question guys to all of you. What is the best practise to do aoe with aff warlock?

p.s. after reforge/enchant.. my dps increased know on dummy i am able to do 69k but in later my dps goes down and stays somewhere at 58-61k