FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mode

Affliction warlock rotation dps increase

Ill be honest here. I was in the same boat you are, UNTIL i followed the Mr. Robot suggestions of going under the hit cap. The additional mastery/haste BALLOONS you DPS in ways you couldnt imagine. The ONLY thing you need to keep track of is the RARE miss. If you miss something just reapply. Very minimal loss in DPS if this happens. In one week I went from 3rd or 4th in DPS to top Deeps in my guild. You should be able to do the same if you follow the suggestions found here on this amazing site AND Mr. Robot.

How much hit can be lost? couse i was having ±8% of hit and to recast unstable affliction i needed to cast it 4 times. So if i would run in that kind of situation with agony i could loose my agony ticks :|

First of all i started to reforge with Mr robot and soft haste cap in the middle of reforge i sow your post and started to reforge as you recommended. In the end i have something, but it does not feel right :| Could you check my gear one more time and give me some tips.

you're 7 points shy of the haste threshold. you changed out the haste chant from your hands, which caused anything else i figured out to not fall in line. with your new enchants, i'll need to run you back through to see where i can find those 7 points.

unless you plan on upgrading your gear. i think either 1000 JP spent on your helm or 750 VP spent on your chest will make up the 7 points.

in which case, i'm not going to spend time re-working it

you're 7 points shy of the haste threshold. you changed out the haste chant from your hands, which caused anything else i figured out to not fall in line. with your new enchants, i'll need to run you back through to see where i can find those 7 points.

unless you plan on upgrading your gear. i think either 1000 JP spent on your helm or 750 VP spent on your chest will make up the 7 points.

in which case, i'm not going to spend time re-working it

how do you know how much i should have hit/haste? in other words how you do this kind analysis? :)

how do you know how much i should have hit/haste? in other words how you do this kind analysis? Posted Image

i use askmrrobot, but i do all the changes manually. what i generally do is:

remove any reforges that change mastery for another spell

try to make sure you have proper enchants

replace gems with non hybrids.

then i look at what's left. what we're short on. what pieces have crit and then usually move that to haste (if possible).

then it's just a matter of reforging everything bit by bit, and pulling out gems and trying new ones until i hit the numbers i want to hit.

15% hit. 4717 haste.

i just like the interface that AskMrRobot provides. i don't trust what it'll spit out on its own, and generally my selections are within 2% of their "optimal" build. i'm ok with that.

edit: cheat sheet for haste thresholds

Edited by Gravyspasm

I know many folks have mentioned disliking the notion of lessening their hit as affliction, but I really recommend it. I've skimmed through all of these posts so forgive me if I've failed to see this said already, but I would drop your hit to 12.5% at the lowest, placing the rest into mastery after reaching 4717 haste.

My 25m guild is 4/16 HM (Blade Lord, Stone Guards, Feng, Garajal totem dude, almost spirit kings and elegon) and I have yet to have a problem with lesser hit. I've ran with roughly 12.6% for my entirety of MoP raids and due to the nature of affliction's dot application there's hardly a problem. Being able to instantly reapply dots via soul swap makes you hardly lose any time if you do happen to run into the case where you miss the UA or what have you.

A theorycrafter lock over in Post Mortem named Madmoos had spoken with me about doing this, and it's been beyond wonderful for me. When you get near 495 ilvl you can start accidentally gaining more hit. The result of this is you are able to have a much higher mastery and int level despite the lower gear due to placing less of your stats in hit! It's really a dream.

I'm at work and haven't fixed my newest piece to reforge a tad more haste, but here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwolf/Nikalia/advanced

And the latest WoL parse - note that the other warlocks are slightly higher ilvl than me. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-431gwczgevmtzthe/analyze/dd/source/

I CAN attest to lower hit NOT being good for any other spec than affliction. If you look at my overall misses, out of a bajillion pulls (it was the log from our first downing of blade lord, and some new recruits) I only missed a very small # of spells.

Everyone is probably going to debate this but it's really just worth a shot imo. All of our locks have been rolling with low hit and doing wonderfully. (They've been gaining more slowly).

I have just switched to Aff and have been hitting the target dummie and on my best attempt i hit for 58k on a 5min nonmoving fight.This is my armory ,i just feel as im not performing to where i should be granted i wasnt buffed with pots/flask/food so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also i just got into trying to really figure out Affdots gonna go do a bunch of heroics today to see how i manage in a grp as well as some LFR sorry i meant thats LFG'S (LOOKING FOR GOLD SATCHELS) as thats what i only seem to get anymore..On my best attempt on the target boss dummie my top 5 dmg was

1.Agony (dots)

2.Agony

3.UA

4.Corruption

5.MG

http://us.battle.net...Sargerîk/simple

also is it worth me dumping some haste and mastery to get closer to my hit cap

Edited by Sargerik

My iLVL is 480 and where is no why i can have another haste break point except 4717. So my question would be is it use full to have more than 4717 haste at the moment? maybe haste over cap should be used on hit/mastery?

could anyone give me the number of the second soft haste cap?

I know that the first one is 0.1252 what is the second?

Edited by Mode

yes.

thank you! know i got it. 0.1252 == 12.52%

ok this is strange :|

If i put to mr. robot haste soft cap 0.12552 i get haste 3136

but if i add soft cap 0.1665 i get haste 2770

why? what i am doing wrong?

the goal is to have hit and (second 4717) haste caps but i still do not fully understand how mr robot works..

Edited by Mode

thank you! know i got it. 0.1252 == 12.52%

ok this is strange :|

If i put to mr. robot haste soft cap 0.12552 i get haste 3136

but if i add soft cap 0.1665 i get haste 2770

why? what i am doing wrong?

the goal is to have hit and (second 4717) haste caps but i still do not fully understand how mr robot works..

1) make sure it shows you in the right spec. if not change it.

2) pick which weight profile you want. In this case, the hitcap.

3) edit your weight and put the .1252 in the first haste box.

4) optimize

did that work out?

1) make sure it shows you in the right spec. if not change it.

2) pick which weight profile you want. In this case, the hitcap.

3) edit your weight and put the .1252 in the first haste box.

4) optimize

did that work out?

yes this works and i get 12.83% of haste

But if i try to set soft haste cap to 0.1665 i get about 11% haste :| so wtf?

Edited by Mode

I can't see your armory, but please follow the mentioned values posted in the stat weight guide.

If you are 450-479 ilvl, get to 5100 hit rating, 3043 haste rating, and put the rest into mastery.

If you are 480-489 ilvl, get to 5100 hit rating, 4717 haste rating, and put the rest into mastery.

If you are 490-515 ilvl, get to 5100 hit rating, 6637 haste rating, and put the rest into mastery.

Man,I really appreciate the work you guys have put into making Affliction somewhat easier to play,thanks a ton.With the help found here ive went from ok to pretty decent dps(depending on rng) I do have 2 questions...are these stats pretty much viable in 5.2(i assume they are) as i @ 497 ilevel can now hit the haste breakpoint of 6637,but it drops my mastery down to about 5010ish or so....is that still good to go??I used to run at 12.5 hit but felt like missing a dot and having to reapply took too much away from my focus,so i think i want to stay capped or damn near close

Second question is the AFFDOTS addon,i know it may seem easy for some but i for the love of god and my lock cant seem to really now when and when not to refresh dots as it seems the are "supercharged" for only so long...how do i extend those dots that are supercharged. Also does anyone use the "set baseline damage' option?? what does it do and how can i use it to benefit my dps...thanks for any help or input.

Here's my armory and a log of my last Amber Shaper fight,before hitting ilevel 497...please feel free to view and tell what i am or am not doing that i should be doing.

Thanks once again for the wealth of info and work you guy have put in!!!

ARMORY

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Sliquelock/advanced

Amber Shaper Log

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bnivhxyb75nj5lol/sum/damageDone/?s=7723&e=8125

Man,I really appreciate the work you guys have put into making Affliction somewhat easier to play,thanks a ton.With the help found here ive went from ok to pretty decent dps(depending on rng) I do have 2 questions...are these stats pretty much viable in 5.2(i assume they are) as i @ 497 ilevel can now hit the haste breakpoint of 6637,but it drops my mastery down to about 5010ish or so....is that still good to go??I used to run at 12.5 hit but felt like missing a dot and having to reapply took too much away from my focus,so i think i want to stay capped or damn near close

Second question is the AFFDOTS addon,i know it may seem easy for some but i for the love of god and my lock cant seem to really now when and when not to refresh dots as it seems the are "supercharged" for only so long...how do i extend those dots that are supercharged. Also does anyone use the "set baseline damage' option?? what does it do and how can i use it to benefit my dps...thanks for any help or input.

Here's my armory and a log of my last Amber Shaper fight,before hitting ilevel 497...please feel free to view and tell what i am or am not doing that i should be doing.

Thanks once again for the wealth of info and work you guy have put in!!!

ARMORY

http://us.battle.net...uelock/advanced

Amber Shaper Log

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=7723&e=8125

The post you found is rather outdated. With further looks into data, it was decided that Haste and Mastery were synergistic with each other and should be kept relatively close. If you have 6600 Mastery and 5000 Haste, try to get it so you have 5800 of each. This will benefit you a little more, but not much. Secondary stats don't have too much of a swing on your DPS.

For your Affdots question, keep your threshold at the default 125 value. If you're unsure when to refresh your DoTs, follow these rules of thumb:

Red = no

Yellow = soon, but not yet (indicates low time left on DoT but casting would not be a benefit)

Green = yes, absolutely, right now

Blue = consider it

Blue comes with the biggest decision factor. Typically, I refreshed during Blue regardless of the number. You can adjust how you do this, but keeping DoTs as powerful as they can be is a huge part of Affliction's DPS.

Just don't let your DoTs fall off and don't overwrite empowered DoTs. As you get used to the fluidity and dynamic updating system of Affliction, you'll start to make your own judgements on when to reapply DoTs.

• Like 1

Thanks Zagam...I really appreciate the input,gonna hit the reforge..and yeah there is sooo much info here I guess i got really caught up in the Haste Breakpoint thing as i know somewhere you posted that Haste=Mastery now(I think it was the 5.2 tips and quirks post). Oddly enough rolling at 12.5% hit and making the 4717 BP felt sooo good even with the occasional missed dot and did wonders on the deeps. Thanks again Zagam!!!!

Edit:Now how is this for CLOSE???LOL....god i feel warm inside now....Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sliquelock

I'd say. Now check your Facebook for your notifications! Unless it's your birthday, in which case...happy birthday!

Edit:Now how is this for CLOSE???LOL....god i feel warm inside now....Posted Image

Go on....

Go on....

Well jeez...I won't be able to say it gave me wood until i raid TOT tonight.....LMAO!!!But i think it feels right...kinda tingly!!!