Jump to content
FORUMS
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Kharazim

Recommended Posts

This is the build i use for Kharazim, and i find it to be OPAF, i can solo camps without taking any damage, i can 1v1 practically any other hero, including ranged assassins, and have even ninja-ed core a few times with this build. Reason being that Deadly reach massively buffs your basic attack speed, therefore every 3rd attack in it heals, same with radient dash with the Way of a Hundred Fists perk, I deal absolutely MASSIVE amounts of damage and the more damage i do the more i am healed. In team battles this is also prudent because you dont have to be constantly watching the clock for your healing, because your basic attack heal, heals whomever needs it the most, not just you. All in all this character is my all-time favorite Hero, and would love to see more people use him as efficiently as possible.

https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/kharazim#24.0!1132223

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 5:02 PM, Coolbean said:

All in all this character is my all-time favorite Hero, and would love to see more people use him as efficiently as possible.

The build looks really good as a hybrid build, but I don't understand your level 20 choice. If you're taking the WotHF at 16, why don't you take the 2 charge reset at 20? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I generally take Iron Fists or Transcendence @1, Blinding Speed @7, Palm @10 (This is preference, both ults are good), and WotHF @16.  WotHF is so good at putting pressure on enemy backline, even if you take Transcendence (and it has the added effect of giving burst heals).  Kharazim's biggest power spike is @16 with WotHF, no matter what passive you take.  Insight is very good, but it is a really bad talent until you finish the quest and I don't like to make my early game even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hammadroppa said:

I generally take Iron Fists or Transcendence @1, Blinding Speed @7, Palm @10 (This is preference, both ults are good), and WotHF @16.  WotHF is so good at putting pressure on enemy backline, even if you take Transcendence (and it has the added effect of giving burst heals).  Kharazim's biggest power spike is @16 with WotHF, no matter what passive you take.  Insight is very good, but it is a really bad talent until you finish the quest and I don't like to make my early game even worse.

Looks like you mostly follow our Damage Build. Have you tried the Support Build? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I've lurked on this site for quite some time - with WoW - with HS - now, I'm dabbling with HotS. Never really bothered to post, before. Never had any desire to do so. I have to say that I do love this guide and all the comments. I've read each and every one of them, especially nomad86's very helpful posts.

Everyone, thank you very much for all of your informative contributions that help players like myself. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@positiv2 I will solo support with Iron Fists as well.  As long as you take palm, you are still a healer for your team.  You are essentially trading more healing over time for shorter fights.  Shorter fights require less healing.  Obviously I'm not trying to say that you should always take IF as solo support but it definitely works 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hammadroppa said:

@positiv2 I will solo support with Iron Fists as well.  As long as you take palm, you are still a healer for your team.  You are essentially trading more healing over time for shorter fights.  Shorter fights require less healing.  Obviously I'm not trying to say that you should always take IF as solo support but it definitely works 

When playing Kharazim, I am not sure how much do I have to be a support, and when should/can I pick the damage-dealing talents, such as the Iron FistsIron Fists. What's your approach - do you pick Divine PalmDivine Palm on 10, and choose the rest of talents based on power for you, rather than their support value?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@positiv2 So this isn't like, every game or anything, but yeah I always pick Palm with Iron Fists if I'm solo support.  Level 4/13 are preference and depend on enemy comp heavily.  7/16 I take Blinding Speed and Way of the Hundred Fists respectively with Epiphany @20.  Post 16 you can 1v1 any squishy very easily and you have Palm to turn a team fight.  Like I said, you trade the sustain healing from Epiphany/Transcendence for more damage and shorter fights.  Although, I highly value this build and still run the same talent build even if I pick Epiphany or Transcendence usually.  WotHF is just a really, really solid talent that has amazing synergy with his passive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Haunted Mines listed as a worse map for Kharazim? Just curious. I thought he was really solid pick here with excellent single-target damage for getting the grave golems, miners and even mercs. Not much to waveclear here.  Am I wrong?

Edited by VitaminC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you recommend using Deadly Reach off cooldown as long as we're not in a fight, so it is ready for our next engage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Farbas said:

Do you recommend using Deadly Reach off cooldown as long as we're not in a fight, so it is ready for our next engage?

Generally, yes, if you are sure Deadly ReachDeadly Reach will be off cooldown when the next teamfight (or skirmish) happens. I would recommend using the ability if you want to heal an ally (or yourself) with TranscendenceTranscendence or if you have InsightInsight, but if you have Iron FistsIron Fists, you should be quite careful not to spend too much mana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I ask why Cleansing Touch is marked as a no with the only explanation being "it comes too late"?  How does the fact that it's a level 16 talent change the utility of having 2 (or 3 or even more) low cooldown cleanses (heck cleanses often with a strong movement speed booster attached)?  Against a comp with heavy CC, or when teamed with a strong melee damage dealer, I've had nothing but good experiences with Cleansing Touch.  Sure it's late in the game when you get it but that just means it's there for the late game fights that often lead to winning or losing the game.

If the argument is that Echo of Heaven is simply so much better that Cleansing Touch doesn't deserve a mention then fine.  I disagree (it's at the very least situationally worthy of consideration in my mind) but fine.  But it would be nice if the author would at least explain that as the stance they are taking.

Edited by TSRD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TSRDThe guide has been reviewed and updated, which includes the description and viability tier of Cleansing TouchCleansing Touch. The talent is now Situational and its discussion has been changed to be more elaborative. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else feel because of how his kit works that he should get a ( VERY ) small rework and get classed as " multiclass ( Support Assassin ) " As it seems like that was what blizzard was going with but it was before "multiclass " just a thought :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 50m8r4 said:

Does anyone else feel because of how his kit works that he should get a ( VERY ) small rework and get classed as " multiclass ( Support Assassin ) " As it seems like that was what blizzard was going with but it was before "multiclass " just a thought :)

Yeah, maybe, but I think there are heroes that fit into multiclass better, so if Blizzard is going to change a class of a Hero (which I sadly don't see happening), Kharazim probably won't be the first one to get changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Yeah, maybe, but I think there are heroes that fit into multiclass better, so if Blizzard is going to change a class of a Hero (which I sadly don't see happening), Kharazim probably won't be the first one to get changed.

But who's class Would get changed, Sonya? Also I think there should be a notice for insight at max stacks + The lvl 7 tallents ( lowers E CD on every 3rd attack ) + lvl 13's double the time of E as, I know it's super nichey, would allow His E to stay on forever as long as you got good uptime that is ( hence the nicheyness )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 50m8r4 said:

Does anyone else feel because of how his kit works that he should get a ( VERY ) small rework and get classed as " multiclass ( Support Assassin ) " As it seems like that was what blizzard was going with but it was before "multiclass " just a thought :)

Multiclass currently applies to Varian only because it revolves on his Heroics directly affecting his stats and gameplay, something that currently is not applicable for Kharazim. Unless, as you suggested, he got a rework that changed his stats upon getting his Heroics.

Edited by Valhalen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24. 5. 2017 at 5:49 PM, 50m8r4 said:

But who's class Would get changed, Sonya?

I would go with Xul or Nazeebo, since their damage is quite high for Specialists. Maybe also Tyrande, but I haven't played her since rework, so I'm not sure about her damage output anymore.

On 24. 5. 2017 at 10:20 PM, Valhalen said:

Multiclass currently applies to Varian only because it revolves on his Heroics directly affecting his stats and gameplay, something that currently is not applicable for Kharazim.

Even though Kharazim's Heroic abilities do not affect his stats, they offer two greatly different playstyles - support and assassin. His traits work like that as well, with some useful when playing like an assassin, and some useful for support build. Imo that's enough to make him Multiclass.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24.05.2017 at 11:46 PM, positiv2 said:

Even though Kharazim's Heroic abilities do not affect his stats, they offer two greatly different playstyles - support and assassin. His traits work like that as well, with some useful when playing like an assassin, and sme useful for support build. Imo that's enough to make him Multiclass.

Even if you go full damage build with an offensive heroic, Kharazim still remains a support. I wouldn't classify him 'multiclass', more like a hybrid - high damage melee fighter with ability to heal.

The problem with classifying him comes from choosing his trait. You can go Iron Fists for damage and Divine Palm for support, for example. Or you can pick Trancendence for support and Seven-Sided for damage. He still remains a hybrid support character in those scenarios, not multiclass.

Making him a 'multiclass' would be removing ability to choose trait at level 1 and instead give it when picking heroics (and, like, replacing his W AOE heal from assassin build to AOE damage ability), which wouldn't make sence at all.

Is Li Li a multiclass too? Sure, you can go full ham with damage talents and heroic - it won't make Li Li an assassin. She will still remain a support who can heal allies.

 

Edited by VitaminC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still find more useful the Deadly Reach duration increase, for geting hits in faster = cooldown reduction for all basic abilities (including so deadly reach itself  = more uptime hits)+ mana back, from first talent pick. geting cd for W heal = also increase 30% speed so...

Edited by InDang3r
including extra info in brackets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, InDang3r said:

I still find more useful the Deadly Reach duration increase, for geting hits in faster = cooldown reduction for all basic abilities (including so deadly reach itself  = more uptime hits)+ mana back, from first talent pick. geting cd for W heal = also increase 30% speed so...

That is only if you manage to use the extra 2 seconds, and even then, you will often find yourself in need of quick escape, where 15% (or 30% with Heavenly ZealHeavenly Zeal) doesn't cut it, and you get two different movement speed bonuses, giving you a total of 45% (or 60%) increase in movement speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lukene55 Mon5ter

howdy folks,

waiting for Garrosh to go live (they just re-extended it again) and started to browse the forum.  I've recently been playing Kharazim frequently and i find that i always take insight at lvl 1, whether i am to be a healer or attempted assassin.   I have just always found that I'm far too mana dependent without it.  But I never go full assassin outside of that either, so I was curious to see a not healer styled support Khara, similar to Tyrande.  I can't say that I've been around long enough to know what was done to Tryande in the rework, but she feels like more of an assassin to me than Kharazim.  She is a utility character; touch of healing, cc, and vision.  certainly a master of none, though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't like either of these builds.

I've found Insight at 1 much more useful, as it keeps replenishing your mana as you keep attacking with Deadly Reach. It's also key to a more balanced "hybrid" build since it keeps you from running out of mana, so you can use your other abilities, specially the Breath of Heaven heal.

https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/kharazim#26.0!3122232

With the Insight quest complete (and it's not that hard to do, unlike those "grab 30 regen globes" quests), and the Fists of Fury talent at level 13, you can continuously keep using Deadly Reach on a target without suffering any mana shortages (but you will actually start spending mana on your other spells). Unfortunately, it's not enough to beat most bosses by yourself (so far I've taken out only the Warhead Junction bosses entirely by myself with this build), but can definitely be useful in maps like Battlefields of Eternity for instance (keep hitting the enemy Immortal with an endless flurry of Deadly Reach attacks)

1 - Insight

4 - Spirit Ally (heal your whole team along with Breath of Heaven)

7 - Heavenly Zeal (helps your whole team as well as yourself, unlike the Radiant Dash talents)

10 - Seven-Sided Strike (you can also use the other Heroic if you feel like it)

13 - Fists of Fury (combined with the completed Insight quest gives you access to "endless Deadly Reach")

16 - Echo of Heaven (slightly better heal)

20 - Transgression (can also use other talent, at your discretion)

Edited by Leadblast
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Leadblast said:

I didn't like either of these builds.

I've found Insight at 1 much more useful, as it keeps replenishing your mana as you keep attacking with Deadly Reach. It's also key to a more balanced "hybrid" build since it keeps you from running out of mana, so you can use your other abilities, specially the Breath of Heaven heal.

https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/kharazim#26.0!3122232

With the Insight quest complete (and it's not that hard to do, unlike those "grab 30 regen globes" quests), and the Fists of Fury talent at level 13, you can continuously keep using Deadly Reach on a target without suffering any mana shortages (but you will actually start spending mana on your other spells). Unfortunately, it's not enough to beat most bosses by yourself (so far I've taken out only the Warhead Junction bosses entirely by myself with this build), but can definitely be useful in maps like Battlefields of Eternity for instance (keep hitting the enemy Immortal with an endless flurry of Deadly Reach attacks)

1 - Insight

4 - Spirit Ally (heal your whole team along with Breath of Heaven)

7 - Heavenly Zeal (helps your whole team as well as yourself, unlike the Radiant Dash talents)

10 - Seven-Sided Strike (you can also use the other Heroic if you feel like it)

13 - Fists of Fury (combined with the completed Insight quest gives you access to "endless Deadly Reach")

16 - Echo of Heaven (slightly better heal)

20 - Transgression (can also use other talent, at your discretion)

Yeah, that is pretty much the same build I use. It is absurdly powerful and even allow Kharazim to solo Boss Mercenaries at level 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Yeah, that is pretty much the same build I use. It is absurdly powerful and even allow Kharazim to solo Boss Mercenaries at level 16.

Any Bosses? I find I cannot solo Bosses that use a stun ability like the ones in Sky Temple or the golems in Cursed Hollow. Their stun ability disrupts the infinite Deadly Reach combo and you can't keep pummeling them relentlessly. This also keeps you from spamming Breath of Heaven to keep yourself healed.

I think it's possible to solo Bosses that don't stun, namely:

- Warhead Junction

- Braxis Holdout's Archangel

- Towers of Doom's Headless Horseman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Staff
      Heroes Developer Blizz_DWarner wrote a personal post on Reddit, thanking the community for the amazing time they've had designing the game over the 8 or so years.
      (Source)
      Hi everyone!
      Just wanted to pop in and give a proper personal thank you and goodbye to all the lovelies that have kept the community alive and thriving over the years.
      I’m gonna get mushy for a bit, but I feel I can’t even begin to express how much this game and its community means to me. Anyone who has worked on any artistic or creative endeavor knows that some portion of ‘you’ goes into your work and becomes inextricably written into your soul. It's painful to look back and see those freshly separated fragments of 'you' suspended in time, but that's life eh?
      I started on this project some 8 or so years ago as an assistant technical designer, originally tasked with simple data implementations of the first sets of maps and heroes. Since then, I’ve touched probably every map, dozens of reworks, several core hero designs and of course several thousand bugs. This work was not spawned out of some special DWarner pocket dimension though, it occurred here, in the real (digital) world, with my hundreds of (very talented and handsome) coworkers and most importantly, you.
      Despite what community consensus might state, designers are usually present in forum discussions, watching popular streams (special shoutout to FollowGrubby, CCL, and the crew of Into The Nexus) and of course sharing dank memes. All of your participation and energy helped us trudge through our difficult days (it’s still a job after all), guide our decision making, and just generally help us feel like we’re part of something more than just data fields and debug maps. We couldn’t have done it without you, so thanks, really.
      If you made it this far, raise a glass of whatever and say cheers to all! Cheers to the passionate, cheers to the haters, cheers to the memers, cheers to the contrarians! Cheers to the goof leaguers, wood leaguers and the most sparkling diamonds! Cheers to the quickmatchers, cheers to the Vs AI’rs, cheers to the ppl that play every night, or only twice a year! Cheers to Spazzo and Notbelial and all the lurkers too! Cheers to CCL, the 323r’s, the 6.5r’s! Cheers to the whole damn lot of you ❤️
      Steaming hot regards,
      Blizz_DWarner
      P.S. I'll see you all in Diablo 4 ?
    • By Stan
      Blizzard made some changes to the free Hero rotation that resets each Tuesday in the latest patch, changing this week's rotation.
      The free Hero rotation won't reset weekly. Instead, it will reset every 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd of every month. As a result, the free Hero rotation posted on June 12 changed with the patch.
      The following Heroes are free to play until July 15, 2022:
      Ana Dehaka Garrosh Gazlowe Johanna Malfurion Mal'Ganis Nova Tassadar Thrall Tracer Valla Zeratul Zul'jin Source: The Nexus Compendium
    • By Stan
      A new Ranked Play Season started with the latest Heroes of the Storm update.
      The second Ranked Play Season of 2022 is currently set to end in 2 months. Datamining hints at an October 1-2 end date.

      Blizzard this week released a minor patch for Heroes of the Storm and a Development Update, informing the community about the game being put in maintenance mode with no new content planned in the future.
    • By Stan
      A new spectral skin for the Butcher is now available for purchase in Heroes of the Storm!
      The skin was released with the latest patch and costs 525 Shards or 5,000 Gold.
      Flavor Text
      An unrelenting hacking echoed off the walls of the Cathedral and as Prince Aidan made his way through its depths, the sound only grew louder. There were no screams; just that dreadful sound... over and over.

    • By Stan
      The latest minor Heroes of the Storm patch added a new Login reward -- the Epic Arcane Chaos Lizard mount. In this post, we preview it in more detail.
      The mount is rewarded by simply logging in to Heroes of the Storm.

      Flavor Text
      Adorned in heavy armor and brimming with the power of the Nexus, the mere sight of an epic chaos lizard and its rider can be enough to turn the tide of battle.

      The mount has 3 tints according to the Nexus Compendium, but only the Arcane one is  available to players. The following variations cannnot be obtained. Images courtesy of the Nexus Compendium.


       
×
×
  • Create New...