FORUMS
Damien

Whirlwind Bul-Kathos Barbarian

Guest Saoth

How do you gain fury with this build i'm so confused.

Guest diablo fan

Re: fury, the weapons themselves pretty much supply all the fury you need, especially if you continually hit things.  You have to go for a while without hitting anything to run out of fury, especially if you are solo and using the templar's ability to restore resources.

One mistake in the build:  Threatening Shout - Falter does not provide damage reduction, but "instead" provides the increased damage to enemies.  It's not a double-dip (unless the tool-tip is wrong).

One minor annoyance:  anyone know how to get your left-button whirlwind to never stop?  I find when I use that setup that occasionally my character would just start running around instead of whirlwinding, which was pretty bad.  You also can't start until you see an enemy or breakable object (which is fine).  I've tried moving it to right-button (which works), but that doesn't work for this build since you need to select an enemy to activate a left-button skill (and you don't want to have to take the time with most of these, although you could probably get away with Threatening Shout since you'll never use that except on enemies).

An alternative:  one key aspect of this build is the belt along with lots of cooldown reduction in gear and through the cubed ring choice.  But another way to do this is to cube the RoRG, and then replace one set piece from Wastes from the Immortal King set and replace the belt with the IK belt.  Then replace Ignore Pain with Call of the Ancients - Together as One.  This gets you the 100% uptime on 50% damage reduction without worrying about cooldowns or the belt, and is a little more friendly to newer players who might not have the belt or the entire Wastes set.  The downside is that it is much harder to maintain Wrath of the Berserker - you definitely won't be using it except for elites or better.

However, you could continue to modify the build by giving up the 6-piece bonus from Wastes in favor of the 4-piece bonus from IK by subbing out one more piece of the Wastes set with another IK piece.  This gives you a much more reasonable Wrath of the Berserker uptime, and you might even be able to drop Boon of Bul-Kathos in favor of your cheat death, or simply more damage (Weapons Master, for example).  You also don't have to try so hard to get perfect CDR gear, which can indirectly boost your damage/toughness.

I'm not sure these alternatives are better, since you're effectively giving up the Dust Devil AOE damage for +8% damage overall (or something else), and I'm not sure which version gives you more uptime on Wrath of the Berserker (in theory, it should be the IK variant, but theory doesn't always work in this game).  However it's a fair variant for someone who happens to have slightly different equipment or can't find or get a perfect roll on that crucial belt, and it seems a little more new-player friendly since the 50% DR is automatic and doesn't require precise timing of skills.

Another thought:  if you've gone this far, you could also give up yet another piece from the Wastes set in favor of a more damage-oriented or utility piece, although I'm not sure what a good choice would be (maybe Deathwatch Mantle or Paudrons of the Skeleton King?  Ice Climbers?  Or just Leoric's Crown for the massive +Life bonus?  Shi Mizu's Haori is an interesting one to mix with Blood Funnel - it will certainly increase your survivability).

Guest Myspeld

What ring do I use instead of unity if I am playing with 3 other people?

Guest diablo fan

The writeup suggests Focus and Restraint, although you will never use the first half of it.  Still, it's an always-on +50% damage boost instead of the 150-200% boost ~1/4th of the time, so it should even out.  Not sure how to replicate the massive damage reduction, though.

Guest diablo fan

After playing around with the alternate build above, I can confirm that you can keep near-100% uptime on Wrath of the Berserker even without Boon of Bul-Kathos just by using whirlwind alone (and zero Paragon points in CDR).  (It's actually harder to do if you are killing enemies too quickly, but if that is the case you hardly need Wrath.)  In fact, the only thing I ended up worrying about was occasionally not keeping near-maximum fury, especially against rift guardians - where you are fighting a single enemy for a long stretch of time.  In fact, unless I am missing something, I think it's impossible to maintain 100% fury against a single target with whirlwind alone (at least without a huge investment in resource cost reduction, or perhaps changing WW to fire and cubing the Cindercoat or something similar).  This was unfortunate because it caused Berserker Rage to drop off, which was noticeable - and single targets are when you need it most!

Continuing the thought from above, I wonder if perhaps the best 3rd piece to drop from the Wastes set would be the shoulder, and then add Fury of the Ancients.  It's a little redundant, but this would ensure that getting below 100% rage was effectively impossible, even in solo fights.

Another thing that benefits this alternate build is that your pets make excellent targets - it's almost like another source of damage reduction because any time something swings at them instead of you it's effectively 100% DR.  And in some ways they are better than the dust devils because they intentionally target enemies instead of just randomly rolling around.  They only do 270% weapon damage instead of 2500%, and there are only 3 instead of 6, but they also do skills from time to time that boost their damage slightly.  It's not equivalent, but it's not terrible, either.

I'm also still interested to see if replacing the torso with Shi Mizu's Haori (instead of the shoulder) makes you effectively immortal as long as you can keep attacking...  Haven't had a chance to test this yet!  (Or just wear the Hexing Pants and cube the Haori, whichever.)

TL;DR:  Here are the changes for an alternate whirlwind build combining Bul Kathos / Wastes / Immortal King:

Gear (all stat priorities are the same except ignore cooldown reduction)

- replace belt with IK belt

- replace shoulder with Fury of the Ancients

- replace your choice of 2 of the following:  helm, hands, torso, legs, feet with IK set piece of same (giving a total of 3 pieces of both Wastes and IK)

- replace cubed jewelry slot with Ring of Royal Grandeur

Paragon

- attack speed > cooldown reduction

Gem

- replace helm with +23% life gem (Flawless Royal Amethyst)

Skills

- replace Ignore Pain with Call of the Ancients - Together as One

- replace Boon of Bul Kathos with Weapons Master (or Nerves of Steel if you need it)
- suggestion:  put Threatening Shout on left mouse button and Whirlwind on right mouse button

During play:  hold down right mouse button the whole time and never stop moving.  Left click to Shout enemy groups / elites / bosses on cooldown; you get 6 seconds every 10 so keep it going (you can do this while RMB is held down).  Hit Ancients to start and recast immediately if any of them die.  Keep Wrath on cooldown and make sure War Cry and Battle Rage never drop; also don't forget to refresh Battle Rage only when War Cry is ready as well so you keep your fury topped off.

Guest diablo fan

Another thought:  instead of Weapons Master you could use Inspiring Presence; this would increase the 25% damage buff from Shout to full 100% uptime, as well as keep you regenerating 2% life 100% of the time as well.  Hard to say if that's better than the 8% damage buff on top of the 25% buff 60% of the time, but it would be easier.  (Ok, at least according to my math, it would be almost the exact same if you were hitting 100% of the time, with Inspiring Presence gaining 0.08% damage...  Feel free to check me on that, though.)

Wait - I just realized that the Bul-Kathos set are Mighty weapons, not swords - so they would simply generate fury instead of adding damage.  That makes Inspiring Presence better, unless using Weapons Master could free up your fury generation needed from the Call of the Ancients and allow you to try another armor substitution...

Along those lines, I'm also wondering if Relentless might be a neat thing to try with the Haori...  That would bring you up to 90% DR (including 4-piece Wastes, Call of the Ancients, and Relentless) when under 35% health, and under 25% health your attacks are all crits - generating 1% life each time.

Guest diablo fan

- replace shoulder with Fury of the Ancients

- replace Boon of Bul Kathos with Weapons Master (or Nerves of Steel if you need it)

Ok, I can confirm that Weapons Master allows you to maintain ~100% fury 100% of the time with this build, even against solo targets - or at least, it definitely does when you can do full paragon point resource cost reduction and you're playing with the templar buddy (no other RCR on gear).  So you don't actually need Fury of the Ancients - or rather, you can just use Weapons Master instead.  Or, you can use Fury of the Ancients, but then you should choose Inspiring Presence so you can keep the 25% buff up all the time - this should be a slight DPS gain (and a little more survivability as well).  Still not sure what set piece to switch out if you're just using Weapons Master, though.

So the above should be:

- replace Boon of Bul Kathos with Inspiring Presence (or Weapons Master if you do not have Fury of the Ancients)

Alternately, you could take Brawler just for some pure non-boss DPS gain - like if you're doing bounties, for example.  So far this build also does well with survivability thanks to ~80% DR, but I haven't tested it in T10 yet - so Relentless or Superstition might also work if you need it.

Guest Chris

Why is Skull Grasp not a ring option for this? Is the damage not multiplicative?

Guest linch

Why is CRD such a low priority on the gear? Don't you need around 50% CRD to have 100% uptime on WOTB and IP with the suggested legendary gems?

Guest diablo fan

If I don't have the pride of cassius on hand, any alternative skill other than ignore pain ?

Since no one else is posting, I'll just plug my alternative above:  i.e. switch to IK belt, grab another IK piece and switch your ring to RoRG to keep the set, and use CotA - Together As One.  But otherwise, no, some way to get that additional 50% DR is manditory (besides the 40% from the set), as otherwise you will be shredded (unless you are at a paragon level that you don't care anymore).

Why is Skull Grasp not a ring option for this? Is the damage not multiplicative?

I am not 100% sure but it looks additive from the tooltip.  On the other hand, that does seem better than Unity for groups, especially with a guaranteed +crit roll!  Seems like a good suggestion.  The ring slot in particular needs a group alternative.

Why is CRD such a low priority on the gear? Don't you need around 50% CRD to have 100% uptime on WOTB and IP with the suggested legendary gems?

The cubed Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac is your primary source of CDR.  That's why timing your shouts is important to this build:  that ring reduces one of any of your active cooldowns, and you want your shouts to be off cooldown as much as possible so that it reduces the time on your Ignore Pain and Wrath.

Although, if you use CotA instead, that would be one fewer cooldown to manage.  In fact, if you switched to CotA and then switched out Boon of Bul-Kathos for something else, it would effecively take the same number of attacks to get Wrath back as before, AND you'd have the benefit of another passive skill (probably Weapons Master, since otherwise as I said above, you will lose max fury against solo targets).

Could someone explain how does this build benefits from the Convention of Elements buff? Because most of the damage done is Physical, so is it really worth to keep it just to get the % for one damage source?

Math-wise, it does come out as your best damage option - even with only a quarter of relevant uptime!

• Like 1

Sampaio - Convention of the Elements is confusing at first.  You get a 200% damage increase, but only 1/4 of the time (when it cycles through physical damage).  So you have to look at the average damage increase:

(0 + 0 + 0 + 200) / 4 = 50

or more simply:

200 * .25 = 50

This means you get an overall damage increase of 50%.  No other single ring gives that much damage increase.

If you could do both physical and fire, say, you would get a 100% average damage increase: (0 + 0 + 200 + 200) / 4 = 100.  The more types of damage you do, the closer you get to the ideal 200% increase.  But you can't keep multiple damage types up all the time, and the ring's cycles are short enough that you can't really time your attacks with the cycles.  So most poeple settle for the (still impressive) 50% you get while doing one type of damage.

Deadset - I also would like to know about two questions already asked: Does threatening shout - Falter still reduce damage?  It doesn't look like it does.  And how are you getting so much uptime on WotB?  I know I can learn to time my other buffs better (so that the CDR from the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac is more effective) but still...  I typically have 1/2 of my cooldown left when WotB expires.

diablo_fan - Unless I'm misreading the tooltip, the benefits of Threatening Shout apply only to the mobs that you hit with it.  So increasing it's duration does not give you 100% uptime, unless you are talking about just the rift guardian where you could keep hitting it every time you shout.  In fact, for the rest of the rift, increasing its duration and casting it less often means you might deal less damage, since its effects are gone once the mobs you hit with it are dead.

General tip - I put Whirlwind on the right button and Ignore Pain on the left.

Edited by Warden

Guest diablo fan

diablo_fan - Unless I'm misreading the tooltip, the benefits of Threatening Shout apply only to the mobs that you hit with it.  So increasing it's duration does not give you 100% uptime, unless you are talking about just the rift guardian where you could keep hitting it every time you shout.  In fact, for the rest of the rift, increasing its duration and casting it less often means you might deal less damage, since its effects are gone once the mobs you hit with it are dead.

Wow - great point.  The life regen is still nice and keeping it up 100% on the boss is still useful but otherwise that power doesn't do too much, you're right - and if you're spamming Threatening Shout that means you're screwing up your CD management with ORotZ.  On the other hand, given that War Cry now lasts 2 minutes, you won't have to worry about that getting in your way with CD management as often.  Still, hardly worth it over Weapons Master.

I still feel like replacing the belt with the IK belt and one other set piece with IK, and doing the RoRG is a much easier way to get 50% DR at 100% uptime (with CotA) than Ignore Pain, and it's much easier to find those set pieces than that one belt.  It's probably not optimal - which this build strives for - but it's much easier, especially since you can't use Unity in groups anyway.  However, it also allows you to more easily switch Boon of Bul-Kathos for Weapons Master, which will make it a snap to keep 100% fury (and thus +25% damage) all the time, even on single targets - so that's another consideration.  (Or, keep Boon of Bul-Kathos and have an even easier time keeping Wrath up all the time - not sure which is better.)

As for my other suggestion above to break the Wastes set 6-piece to get the 4-piece IK bonus to easily keep your Wrath going 100% of the time - I haven't completely tested it yet but using another website to do the math, but I now think this is a horrible ideasmile.png  It turns out, the dust devils are a HUGE percentage of your damage - maybe even close to 90%?  The actual WW hitting is nearly nothing compared to those devils.  So the 6-piece bonus is really the entire point of this whole build, and must be preserved.

The site I was using is d3planner.com, btw.  Incredibly useful.  For example, I can tell that with my current build and attack speed, WW hits about 8.5 times per second and costs 3 fury per hit - we'll call it 25.5 fury spent per second.  Given that I can regen 12.5 fury / second with the Bul-Kathos swords (modified by the Hexing Pants), it's not surprising that you need to be hitting at least 2 enemies (3 is better) to maintain 100% fury.  And the more your attack speed increases, the worse this problem becomes.  However, when you add Weapons Master, that knocks the cost per hit down to 1 fury - which means you're only spending 8.5 fury / second - which is easily within the 12.5 fury / second you're regening.  That's why I can keep 100% fury on single targets with Weapons Master and I can't without it.  And since Weapons Master scales with hits, not fury/second, you can never outrun your fury expenditures (as long as you're hitting).

Also from what I can gather from this site, it also seems like the ORotZ can completely remove the cooldown on Wrath for me (with 8.5 hits / second against a single target) in only ~12 seconds, assuming nothing else is on cooldown.  Adding the Boon of Bul-Kathos decreases that by about 3 seconds (as you'd expect).  Theoretically, even if Wrath, Threatening Shout, and War Cry are all on cooldown, it still should only take about 16 seconds to get all of them down again - and that's against a single target.  If I added Ignore Pain, that jumps to 19 seconds - which is really close to the 20 second duration of Wrath - but Boon of Bul-Kathos takes it back to 16 again.  All this to say:  unless I don't completely understand how the ORotZ works, it should easily cover reducing your cooldowns and keeping 100% uptime on Wrath unless your attack speed is too slow.  8.5 attacks / second is barely enough to keep it going on a single target, and that's including all the bonuses from the set, wielding two weapons, etc.  It's probably not as hard to maintain this vs. a mob thanks to Pain Enhancer, but against a single target it seems like you need at least enough attack speed from gear to keep your cooldowns manageable.  Then again, I could be missing something fundamental here.

Deadset - I also would like to know about two questions already asked: Does threatening shout - Falter still reduce damage?  It doesn't look like it does.  And how are you getting so much uptime on WotB?  I know I can learn to time my other buffs better (so that the CDR from the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac is more effective) but still...  I typically have 1/2 of my cooldown left when WotB expires.

Falter doesn't DR anymore, I have corrected the guide to reflect the change. :) As for WotB uptime, it hovers around the 70-75% mark with careful management and proper item rolls, sadly no big secret to share. :/

• Like 1

Guest diablo fan

Ok, I fundamentally don't understand something about how the ORotZ works.

Having finally gotten all the pieces to try my alternate version of this build, I can say for sure that:

1) Dust devils are your damage.  The thing you do with your swords?  It's cute, but does basically nothing.

2) The ORotZ either has an internal cooldown, or doesn't work the way it advertises - or I am wildly overestimating how often my WW actually attacks.  Because - like Warden suggested - it is impossible to keep Wrath up 100% of the time.  I also tend to have about 1/2 my cooldown left sometimes (although sometimes I think it may be less).

Density affects the number of attacks you can make, and interestingly it works worse on easier difficulties since your dust devils tend to kill things so quickly you can't actually hit them with your swords, and the dust devils don't seem to have any effect on the cooldown (for some reason that doesn't count as a "hit" with a resource-spending attack?).  I feel like I got much better uptime on solo creatures that I could just wail on repeatedly, like rift guardians, or extremely dense packs.  Normal-ish or less dense packs were very poor.

And this is with Boon of Bul-Kathos AND a flawless diamond in my helm, so the total cooldown is 79 seconds.  Since the toolbars give such an unhelpful "clock" display of cooldown remaining (instead of an actual number), you can imagine that half the clock is basically 40 seconds, and 1/4 of the clock is basically 20.  After 2 actual seconds of ~9 attacks per second, I should have 1/4th a clock - and I don't.  Coming at this from the other direction, if I have half a clock left after 20 seconds, that means in 20 seconds all I managed to do was tick off 20 more seconds of cooldown!  Now, I may not actually have 9 attacks per second, but I'm sure I have more than 1!

It makes me wonder if the ORotZ actually has an internal cooldown.  Although looking online, people are saying that it does not.  Ultimately, I'm really not sure what this means.  If you have at least 3 attacks per second, you should be resetting the cooldown on Wrath every time, just in time.  With 2 attacks per second, you should have 6.3 seconds of downtime every 20 seconds.  I feel like I still wasn't getting this close.

And again, this was all assuming that was the only cooldown.  If you were procing Ignore Pain every few seconds, it would take even longer.  I found myself trying not to use Threatening Shout just because I didn't want to make Wrath take longer.  Although watching Threatening Shout come off cooldown was much more like what I would expect - it rapidly jumped down and seemed to go away very quickly.

Oooooook.  After looking around online, there's this thing called "proc coefficients."  So WW only has a proc coefficient of (probably) 0.2.  So my 9 attacks per second are only triggering as often as ~1.8 attacks per second... which lines up better with my math above.  (However, even dust devils are supposed to proc as well, although maybe they still don't count as a "resource spending attack?"  Honestly I have no idea.)  Suffice to say:  your WW isn't procing the ORotZ every time.

All of this makes me feel like getting attack speed up further would help even more, although I'm not sure.  It could be worth adjusting paragon points at the very least to hit some breakpoints if you can find good info out there.

I also wonder if it might be worth trying Gogok instead of Pain Enhancer with this build.  Gogok is much better vs. single targets with attack speed, and it helps reduce cooldowns.  With a full 15 stacks, your Wrath would be only 67 seconds (with Boon of Bul-Kathos and a flawless diamond in the helm).  Pain enhancer is strictly better if there are at least 5 enemies around, but that's not always the case.  The extra damage is definitely nice (that website estimates Pain Enhancer does about 15 million dps given my weapons), but the WW increased DPS from the attack speed bump should more than make up for it (at least vs. single targets).  I may test this when I get a chance.

Sidebar:  Looking at that website more, it seems like it's impossible to get more than 12 attacks / second (without Pain Enhancer and being surrounded by enemies anyway).  This is if you gave yourself the full +AS% on every item possible, Gogok, Wrath is up, etc.  Although the site may not be taking the +30% from Bul-Kathos into consideration...  In any case, my point is that you would still need oodles of CDR in order to make that possible.  Also, once you get to very high levels of attack speed, the breakpoints are harder to hit.

Guest Fallsmyer

Not sure if you are still looking for this answer, but the answer is to get a Stone of Jordan with %Physical Skills on it. A perfect Stone of Jordan has %elemental damage, Critical Hit Damage, Elite Damage, and a socket.

Guest diablo fan

After playing with this build more, I have these observations:

- Goguk vs. Pain Enhancer is a tough call, but I like Goguk more.  The DPS loss is a little noticable, but the consistency of the +15% ASI is much more even.  Pain Enhancer can get rediculous in tight packs, but Goguk is much more reliable, especially against single targets - and thanks to WW's speed, even at low gem levels you can max your stacks pretty quickly, so the 4 second limit isn't too bad.  When it comes to Wrath, it is possible to get Wrath cooled-down by the time it expires with Pain Enhancer, but you're going to do it more often with Goguk.  This is all according to my very unscientific "just run each of them on the same Grift level a couple times and see how it works."

- The tricky thing to Wrath is that you will reduce your cooldown so much faster when Wrath is up.  So you want to keep it up not just for damage, but also to reduce your cooldown!

- Once you get to Grift 45+, survivability is the main issue.  Damage is fine, but you become more and more squishy, especially against the usual worst elements (fire, arcane).  I understand now why Unity is the only 2nd ring slot listed:  you pretty much are required to use it for high-level Grifts, even on top of the 50% from CotA or Ignore Pain and 40% from the set.  Ultimately this build still feels glassy at those higher levels.

- Related, this build is extremely fragile when you die.  It takes a few moments to build yourself back up, and if you die with Ignore Pain/CotA on a high cooldown and Wrath on a high cooldown, you can easily die again instantly.  Taeguk is also important to your survivabilty so you may need to go WW by yourself for a few seconds just to get your stacks back before even engaging anything.  This becomes both an upside and a downside to the CotA variant:  keeping 50% DR up 100% of the time is guaranteed while you're alive, but if you die with it on cooldown, that's a LONG wait before you can use it again.

- Threatening Shout feels like a weird choice for this build.  You don't actually want to use it much due to cooldown restraits (although it's not much) but it never really feels like it does all that much.  The DPS boost is nice, but not nearly as important as keeping Wrath up - so I find myself just ignoring it until the boss or a particularly bad pack.  Still, it would be easy enough to swap it for something, or possibly switch it back to giving you survivability instead (maybe Grim Harvest?), since that's what you need more than damage at higher levels.  Not sure how good it is at that, though; I doubt the arcane purple lines and explosions count as "enemies" for the DR.

- For the person who asked, I looked at Skull Grasp - and yeah, it's terrible.  The problem is that, at least according to that same website, it increases only WW damage, not dust devil damage (unlike WW% increase from gear, which does both).  And the actual WW strikes are a pitiful ~5-10% of your overall damage, so increasing that doesn't really help much.

If you want 100% uptime on Wrath, it seems like you're going to have to chase attack speed, or cooldown reduction, or maybe both.  Attack speed is nice because it boosts your DPS, but cooldown reduction sort of helps everything.

According to that site, if you get perfect or near-perfect attack speed rolls on every piece of equipment it's possible (including weapons), combined with Goguk and Wrath and dumping a few paragon points in attack speed, you can get an APS of at least 2.57 on your sheet for both weapons - this gives you 12 APS with WW and is a great breakpoint for both WW damage and dust devil damage.  If you have a diamond in your helm, Goguk, and CDR on your shoulder, that makes Wrath's CD about 63 seconds.  12 APS * .2+1 = 3.4, 63/3.4 = 18.5 seconds to reset Wrath.  So it should be much easier to maintain 100% uptime in that case.

Similarly, you could dump most of those rolls into CDR, and get that up to about 50%.  That would make Wrath reset in 45 seconds.  You could still very easily hit 2.20 APS (sheet) on your weapons, which is 10 APS.  10*.2+1=3, and 45/3= 15 seconds to reset Wrath.  This is a full 3.5 seconds faster, so keeping Wrath up would be even easier (especially with other cooldowns), but you lose a chunk of WW damage this way - for example, with my equipment it would be about 17% of my damage.  On the other hand, since you can probably keep Threatening Shout up more often, that would raise you back up - in my case to just 7% less.  Not to mention how much it would help the other cooldowns.

So it's possible to get there, but you'll either cut it really close (and probably not really get there with all your other cooldowns) or cut it less close and suffer some DPS.

Guest diablo fan

Sorry to spend walls of text just getting back to the beginning (I should have just made an account so I could edit my posts) but I now have a much better understanding of this build and why every piece was chosen and why unfortunately each piece is required.  I thought I was switching Ignore Pain for Ancients but really I was just switching for Unity, which basically does the same thing.  And while I thought I was doing good to increase the DPS of the build a little with my variant (by 6% - 20%, see below), it came at the cost of 15% DR (going from 85% to 70%) which is extremely important if you want to do higher level grifts.

I do still think that Weapons Master is pretty much required to maintain near-max fury on single targets, so I would suggest that as a top priority for a Hellfire - or maybe even switching out Rampage if you have to, since that does nothing for bosses anyway.  And the IK variant (belt + another IK piece using RotRG instead of Unity) is a fine variant to help people get up to speed with the build, especially while they're still searching for that nearly impossible-to-find belt.  And you can always swap out Unity for CotE to maintain enough toughness - at the cost of a huge chunk of DPS (around 25% lower).  But if you want the damage AND the toughness you need those 3 rings - which means you need that stupid belt.

For those who find the IK belt variant useful, I think the Strongarm Bracers are BIS since one of the Ancients is constantly spamming some sort of knockback move, and that procs fairly regularly.  (It's also very group-friendly.)  I didn't include those in any of my damage calcs above but it would definitely make a huge increase as well (bringing it closer to +20% DPS when it procs).  Also, for anyone who doesn't have a Furnace yet, the much-less-rare Scourge is the next best thing:  it gives a very solid DPS boost.  While a lot of people like Maximus (and it does have some advantages, like an extra body in the way), from what I can tell Scourge actually does a little more.  It's really nitpicking to choose between them, though - but either one will probably drop a dozen times before you can find the far superior Furnace.

Other variant ideas:  if your DPS is fine but you need more DR you can always try Wrath with Striding Giant instead of Insanity - giving up massive, massive damage for +50% DR.  Another trick is to run Ignore Pain with Ignorance is Bliss instead of Iron Hide - you'll lose 2 seconds on Ignore Pain, but the regen on Ignorance is pretty insane.  Not only are you spending constantly with WW, but you can also spam Battle Rage repeatedly to heal even more.

Another idea that is more cooldown friendly but less rage friendly is to use Sprint - Gangway along with the Strongarm Bracers instead of Threatening Shout - Falter.  It is nearly the exact same effect - enemies take up to 30% more damage for 5 seconds instead of 25% for 6 seconds - but you'll be losing fury instead of gaining it.

Guest diablo fan

Ok, looking around a bit more, I found this study of how the ORotZ works:  http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17261347119#10

The key takeaway being that:  "As long as you are continuously attacking and hitting your target with WW/DD, Zodiac procs at your sheet APS."  (However I'm not sure if this is right - see below.)

So, re: stacking attack speed vs. cooldown, here's the full math on War Cry + Ignore Pain + Wrath:

Attack Speed
- 30% CDR, 2.57 breakpoints on AS
- 2.57 zodiac procs/sec, or ~0.8567 procs to each CD per second
- WC = 14 sec CD, 60 sec duration; Wrath = 63 sec CD, 20 sec duration; Ignore Pain = 21 sec, 13 sec duration
After 8 seconds, WC goes off CD; ~1.285 procs to each CD per second
Wrath now at 48.15 sec CD, IP at 6.15
After 3 more seconds (11 total), IP goes off CD - 100% uptime on IP
Wrath now at 41.3 sec; 2.57 full procs to this CD
After 2 more seconds (13), you hit IP again
Wrath now at 34.2 sec; back to 1.285 procs to each CD
After 7 more seconds (20), Wrath is only down to a 18.2 sec CD - Wrath drops
8 seconds later, Wrath is off cooldown (71% uptime)

Cooldown
- 50% CDR, 2.2 breakpoints on AS
- 2.2 zodiac prcs/sec, or ~0.733 procs to each CD per second
- WC = 10 sec CD; Wrath = 45 sec CD; Ignore Pain = 15 sec CD
After 6 seconds, WC goes off CD; ~1.1 procs to each CD per second
Wrath now at 34.7 sec CD, IP at 4.7
After 2.5 more seconds (8.5 total), IP goes off CD - 100% uptime on IP
Wrath at 29.5 sec; 2.2 procs on this CD
After 4.5 more seconds (13), you hit IP again
Wrath now at 14.4 sec; back to 1.1 procs to each CD
After 7 more seconds (20), Wrath CD drops - 100% uptime on Wrath!

So while 100% uptime is possible, it seems to require near perfect timing, (not to mention you can't actually get .8567 procs, so there will be some wobbliness) AND perfect equipment (if your IP is only going 11 seconds, you'll hit it more often and drain your Wrath more).  Still, it's closer than going full attack speed, and since Wrath increases your DPS so much, ~70% uptime vs. ~100% uptime with lower DPS still favors the cooldown method.

Looking around online, I can see that this original build is a variant/flavor of one of the popular Season 3 builds for barbs.  The main advantage 2.3 brings to the table is the ability to add Unity to the mix, which gives you even more survivability for the higher level grifts - plus the big DPS boost from Hexing Pants and Furnace.  All this to say that I am guessing that these calculations must still be wrong because people are talking about using Wrath, IP, AND CotA on cooldown and sustaining all 3 with the ring alone, and that's just not possible given my math above.  Moreover, they claim to do this with only about 50-ish CDR, which is what my 2nd formula uses.  You HAVE to be getting 3.75 procs/sec to clear three 45-second cooldowns (IP x 3 = one Wrath, so basically it's three 45 second CDs).  You need 3 procs/sec to clear three 40-second cooldowns (about 56% CDR).  And there's no way you're going to get 3 sheet APS with all that CDR, even with 400+ paragon.  (Ok, actually with a ton of perfect rolls it is possible - you could get about 60% CDR that would lower your necessary procs to something you could achieve with attack speed.)

The only thing I can confirm is that if you do go attack speed and don't use Ignore Pain, your formula would look like this:

After 6.5 seconds, WC goes off CD; 2.57 procs to Wrath
Wrath now at 48.15 sec CD
After 13.5 more seconds (20), Wrath is comes off cooldown

Giving you a near-exact 20 second window to erase the cooldown - and that is about what I have noticed, except that it can sometimes clear a good 1 or 2 seconds before Wrath's duration is over.  I don't know if this is just the fuzziness of the math, or if I am fundamentally missing something again.

Guest diablo fan

except that it can sometimes clear a good 1 or 2 seconds before Wrath's duration is over

I just realized this is because I'm not hitting WC as often as I hit Wrath.  Yeah.

So from all the sources I can find online, the most agreed-upon interpretation for how often WW procs Zodiac is your sheet APS.  So forget proc coefficients, dust devil procs, etc. - it's just about your sheet APS.  Which is sort of nice because it makes breakpoints a teeny bit less important.

And yeah, I think the way people are keeping all three cooldowns up is just with plain old amazing rolls.  With perfect rolls on all but 1 piece, you can get up to 61.16 CDR - which makes your CDs only 35 seconds, which means you only need 2.25 APS in order to sustain them all.  Also, my formula is a little bit off, because I forgot that while the CD for IP may be 1/3rd the length of Wrath, the uptime is not, so you'll actually do a little better than my formula because IP will pretty much always come off cooldown before you press it again, giving the other two CDs some extra time.

Another variant:  last season people were using Overpower - Killing Spree instead of Threatening Shout - Falter.  The DPS is technically a tiny bit lower, math-wise:  but Overpower has two perks.  First, its cooldown is slightly longer but it resets itself on "some" crits, so it should actually finish about the same or quicker, potentially.  Second, it gives YOU a boost instead of debuffing the enemy, so if the enemies die it doesn't affect your DPS.  Threatening Shout is absolutely better for groups, though, and technically better on guardians, so it's a tough call.

diablo fan, here's a tip to get that belt, in case you don't know it: use the Upgrade Rare item option in the Cube.  It uses only regular ingredients (spare parts, arcane dust, veiled crystal, deaths breath) and turns any rare yellow item into an orange or green of the same type.  Here's the thing, though.  If you use a generic rare, like a pair of gloves, you could convert a ton of them before you get what you want, because there are so many different legendary/set gloves.  But with class-specific items like mighty belts, there are not that many legendary/set versions, so you can often get what you want in just a few tries.  This is a great way to get the weapons for this build.  And the items CAN come out as ancient.

Guest Harnold

The build is okay'ish, but you can do better! Use Unity or Convention of Elements in Cube. Use Strongarm Bracers and Furious Charge with Merciless Assault (You can replace Threatening Shout with this). You will deal 130%~ more damage!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      Diablo 3's Season 31 is bringing back the Forbidden Archives theme, first seen in Season 20. It kicks off on April 12 at 5 p.m. across PDT, CET, and KST zones. For more information, take a look at the official preview!
      Just a heads up, Diablo 3 won't introduce any new Seasonal themes moving forward. Season 30 was the last to debut a unique theme. From Season 31 onwards, Diablo 3 will revisit past themes.
      (Source)
      Sanctuary needs you to answer its call for aid in Season 31: Season of the Forbidden Archives. Starting on April 12 at 5 p.m. PDT/CET/KST, Nephalem can harness the power of Forbidden Archives theme, which first debuted with Season 20. For an in-depth look into what’s coming, read below.

Seasonal Journey
      Season Theme
      Season Cosmetic Rewards
      Season Journey Rewards
      Seasonal Conquest
      Haedrig’s Gift
      Patch 2.7.7 Notes
      Season Theme
      Season 31 is the Season of the Forbidden Archives. Many adventurers have come to learn the power that dwells within the ancient nephalem artifact, Kanai’s Cube. However, none understands this power better than the equally celebrated and reviled Horadrim, Zoltun Kulle. Kulle was able to unlock and harness the power of the Cube like none before, leveraging its power to siphon and archive the energies of powerful items. With Season 31, we explore the power Kulle might lend to your fingertips if his experiments went unchecked.
      For the duration of Season 31, the slots in Kanai’s Cube that allow you to equip three additional Legendary powers will not be restricted to their usual categories. While normally a player can equip one power each from the Weapon, Armor, and Jewelry categories, Season 31 players can mix and match between all three! This might allow you to run two Weapon powers with one Armor power. Or perhaps you might choose to run three Amulet powers instead. The choice is yours, and we’re as eager as you are to experiment with the new build opportunities this creates!
      Return to Top
      Season 31 Cosmetic Rewards
      Beginning with Season 17, we began re-introducing previous Seasonal rewards to make them available to players who may have missed them the first time around. For Season 31, this means awards originally available from Season 7 are returning to the Season Journey.

However, we know it’s nice to have something new to aim for if you’ve participated in previous Seasons. We’re bringing back End of Journey rewards as introduced in Season 17, with not one, but two new cosmetic rewards for those who complete the entirety of the Season journey. Feast your eyes upon the Valor Portrait Frame and Angelic Treasure Goblin pet!

In addition to the Helm and Shoulders slots of the exclusive Conqueror Set, you’ll be able to earn a series of portrait frames that embody the snowy, foreboding aura of the Eternal Woods. If you need a warm little pal to keep you cozy through your cold journeys, the Dream of Piers fiery nature should do the trick—when he’s not instilling night terrors in the local fauna.
      Return to Top
      Season Journey Rewards
      If you’ve been diligently slaying demons for the past few Seasons and reached Conqueror in the Season Journey each time, you’ve surely accrued a few extra stash tabs. You’ll earn one additional tab each Season by finishing the Conqueror tier, up to a maximum of five:
      Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII within five minutes. Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55. All I Do IS Win: Complete two Conquests this Season. Kill You: Kill Ghom at level 70 in under 30 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty. Money Ain’t A Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty. Take U There: Reach Greater Rift level 60 Solo. Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem. Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item. Return to Top
      Seasonal Conquest
      Want to prepare your Conquest plan for Season 31? Here are the challenges you’ll face! Returning for Season 31 is Sprinter/Speed Racer, where you’re challenged to complete the entire Diablo III campaign from Act I to Act V at level 70 in under 1 hour! Next is Avarice/Avaritia, where all that glitters is gold—that is, if you can complete a 50 million gold streak outside of The Vault or its Inner Sanctum. On a Good Day/I Can’t Stop encourages you to upgrade your Legendary Gems; level three Legendary Gems to 65 to complete this challenge! Push your way to Greater Rift level 75 to complete Divinity/Lionhearted. Lastly, a fan-favorite for those who enjoy unconventional builds, The Thrill/Superhuman requires completion of a Greater Rift level 45—solo and without any Set items equipped.
      Return to Top
      Haedrig’s Gift
      Finally, the Class Sets rewarded for completing certain chapters in the Season Journey courtesy of Haedrig’s Gift have rotated once more. We’ve listed the available Sets below. For those new to Seasons, here’s how it works:
      Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three of Haedrig’s Gifts. Each Gift contains a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely!
      The set you receive depends on the class of the character you’re playing when you open each Haedrig’s Gift. To collect a full Class Set, you’ll need to open all three on the same character.
      Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 31:
      Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes Crusader – Roland’s Legacy Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms Necromancer – Bones of Rathma Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements
      Return to Top
      Patch 2.7.7 | Game Updates
      KR Age Restriction Updated Logos for KR Age Restriction from 18 years of age to 19 years of age. Extra progress orb drops from the Soulshard Stain of Sin now works for Challenge Rifts. Extra progress orb drops from the Soulshard Stain of Sin and Altar of Rites node Reaper now only drops from monsters inside Nephalem Rifts, Greater Nephalem Rifts, and Challenge Rifts. Return to Top
    • By Staff
      A new Diablo 3 season starts in just a week! Season 30, The Lords of Hell, arrives on January 12th and brings the new seasonal rotation system. We're getting reprised rewards from Season 25, featuring the Soul Shards gems, as well as the now permanent Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity systems.
      Let's take a look at everything that's coming below! 
      Season 30 (Source)
      Sanctuary needs you to answer its call for aid in Season 30: The Lords of Hell. Starting on January 12 at 5 p.m. PST/CET/KST, Nephalem can harness the power of The Lords of Hell Season Theme, which first debuted with Season 25. For an in-depth look at the now-permanent Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity themes, Class Balance, and more, take a gander below.
      Seasonal Journey
      Season 30: The Lords of Hell
      Season Cosmetic Rewards
      Season Journey Rewards
      Seasonal Conquest
      Haedrig’s Gift
      Patch Notes
      Season 30: The Lords of Hell
      Though the Black Soulstone has been destroyed, lingering fragments of The Lords of Hell once contained therein still persist in Sanctuary. These Soul Shards hold immense power—power that once belonged to the Prime and Lesser Evils. Cunning Nephalem who find and wield these Soul Stones must exercise caution. Power can be alluring, and the road to the Burning Hells is paved with good intentions...
      Season 30 is the first to utilize our new Season theme rotation system, reintroducing The Lords of Hell theme first seen in Season 25. Players can embrace evil by infusing themselves with the essences of Hell’s Lords using Soul Shards. Players will embark on their Season Journey to discover and upgrade demonic Soul Shards based on the seven Lords of Hell. By embodying a Prime and Lesser Evil, players will inflict new forms of pain and suffering on the demons of Sanctuary. We can't wait for players to get their hands on Soul Shards to start unlocking their true power.
      Nephalem can find 7 unique Soul Shards(based on the seven Lords of Hell), which give players demonic new powers. One of 3 Prime Evil Soul Shards can be equipped into Helms and one of 4 Lesser Evil Soul Shards can be equipped into Weapons. Each Soul Shard can be upgraded three times using a new seasonal-exclusive consumable, the Hellforge Ember.
      Soul Shards and Hellforge Embers can drop from anywhere in Sanctuary, but Soul Shards have a higher chance to drop from Bosses. Soul Shards cannot be traded, but can be salvaged or utilized in Caldesann’s Despair. You may only equip one Prime Evil Soul Shard and one Lesser Evil Soul Shard at a time. Lastly, Soul Shards and Hellforge Embers only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends. For a look into the capabilities for each of the Soul Shard powers look below.
      Prime Evil Soul Shards
      Sliver of Terror
      Base Power: Your cooldowns are increased by 25%. For every skill on cooldown, you take 12.5% reduced damage and deal 12.5% increased damage. Additional Powers: Your attack speed and critical hit chance are increased by 5% for each skill on cooldown. You cast a devastating Ring of Fire after killing 100 enemies. If three or more skills are on cooldown, your lightning and fire skill damage are increased by 50%. Shard of Hatred
      Base Power: You deal 15% reduced damage while you have 3 or fewer enemies within 25 yards. If more than 3 enemies are within the same distance, you deal 5% increased damage per enemy (to a maximum of 50%). Additional Powers: Killing an elite enemy pulls all enemies within 40 yards to where the elite died. Your Movement speed is increased by 50%. Each enemy within 25 yards reduces your movement speed by 10% up to 70%. You now deal 15% 10% increased damage for every enemy instead of 5% (to a maximum of 100%). Fragment of Destruction
      Base Power: You move unhindered through enemies. Each enemy you pass through receives Mark of Destruction for 7 seconds. Each marked enemy that dies removes 1 second from one of your skills on cooldown. If the Mark of Destruction expires before the enemies die you lose 2% of your maximum health as damage. Marks are not applied if you are below 35% health. Additional Powers: You have a 25% Chance to restore 5% health when an enemy dies with Mark of Destruction active. When you apply Mark of Destruction to an enemy, you increase your movement speed by 5% for 7 seconds. Max 10 Stacks. You now leave a trail of fire in your wake that slays enemies with the Mark of Destruction and are below 10% health. Lesser Evil Soul Shards
      Stain of Sin
      Base Power: You deal 25% less damage. When you kill 50 enemies, you spawn a pool of blood that increases the damage done to elite enemies by 150% and lasts 15 seconds. Additional Powers: The pool of blood now negates Elite affixes within its area. You gain an additional Rift Progress Orb when you kill and elite pack. The pool of blood now collects Rift Progress Orbs. Dregs of Lies
      Base Power: You deal 25% less damage. Your pets deal 25% increased damage. Additional Powers: Killing an elite enemy reduces all your active cooldowns by 5 seconds. On receiving fatal damage, spawn a shadow that prevents your death, restores your health to 35%, and grants +225 All Resist to all party members while it is active. The shadow only lasts 15 seconds. Each time your pet hits an enemy, your damage is increased by 0.5% for 5 seconds. This stacks up to 100 times. When you reach 100 stacks, the stacks quickly reset to 0. Remnant of Pain
      Base Power: Your Critical Hit Chance is reduced by 15%. Attacks against Incapacitated enemies are automatically critical hits. Additional Powers: Hitting enemies with cold damage has a 50% chance to freeze them. Cold skill damage is increased to frozen targets by 20%. Gain passability while your movement speed bonus is over 50%. When you move through enemies you knock them back and stun them for 2 seconds. When you critically hit an enemy you increase the attack speed all players by 5% for 5 seconds. Max 10 stacks. Essence of Anguish
      Base Power: Every time you deal poison damage to an enemy you increase your cooldown reduction and movement speed by 2.5% while your damage received is increased by 5% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks. Additional Powers: Your movement speed and cooldown reduction can be increased up to 15 times by dealing poison damage to an enemy. When you deal poison damage to an enemy they receive 50% increased poison damage from all sources for 10 seconds. Killing an enemy deals the damage done by the death blow to all enemies within 25 yards. Return to Top
      Season 30 Cosmetic Rewards

In addition to the Chest and Gloves slots of the exclusive Conqueror Set, players will be able to earn a series of portrait frames bedecked with the mysterious beauty of Blood Shards. A ghastly All Hallow’s pennant will also be available, allowing you to proudly proclaim your love for all things grim and creepy.
      Return to Top
      Season Journey Rewards
      If you’ve been diligently slaying demons for the past few Seasons and reached Conqueror in the Season Journey each time, you’ve surely accrued a few extra Stash tabs. You’ll earn one additional tab each Season by finishing the Conqueror tier, up to a maximum of five Stash tabs:
      Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII within five minutes. Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55. All I Do IS Win: Complete two Conquests this Season. Disarm You: Kill Rakanoth at level 70 in under 15 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty. Money Ain’t A Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty. Take U There: Reach Greater Rift level 60 Solo. Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem. Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item. Return to Top
      Seasonal Conquest
      Want to prepare your Conquest plan for Season 30? Here are the challenges you’ll face!
      Push your way to Greater Rift level 75 to complete Divinity/Lionhearted. On a Good Day/I Can’t Stop guides you to get your Legendary Gem grind on; level three Legendary Gems to 65 to complete this challenge! For the speedy, Speed Demon/Need for Speed requires the fastest Nephalem to complete a Nephalem Rift at level 70 on Torment X or higher in under two minutes. For Curses!/Stars Align, pick any Cursed Chest event that requires killing monsters and defeat over 350 or more at level 70 on Torment X or higher. For the fiercest demon slayers, Boss Mode/World’s Apart is a speed challenge where you’ll need to eliminate the following bosses at level 70 and Torment X in under twenty minutes:
      The Skeleton King The Butcher Zoltun Kulle Ghom Cydaea Rakanoth Diablo Adria Queen Araneae Maghda Belial Siegebreaker Assault Beast Azmodan Izual Urzael Malthael Return to Top
      Haedrig’s Gift
      Finally, the Class Sets rewarded for completing certain chapters in the Season Journey courtesy of Haedrig’s Gift have rotated once more. We’ve listed the available Sets below. For those new to Seasons, here’s how it works:
      Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three of Haedrig’s Gifts. Each Gift contains a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely!
      The set you will receive depends on the class of the character you’re playing when you open each Haedrig’s Gift. To collect a full Class Set, you’ll need to open all three on the same character.
      Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in season 30
      Barbarian: The Legacy of Raekor Crusader: Armor of Akkhan Demon Hunter: Embodiment of the Marauder Monk: Inna’s Reach Necromancer: Pestilence Master’s Shroud Witch Doctor: Zunimassa’s Haunt Wizard: Delsere’s Magnum Opus
      Return to Top
      Patch Notes
      Below you’ll find patch notes for the upcoming update to Diablo III: Patch 2.7.7. It goes live on January 9.
      Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated.
      New Permanent Features: Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity
      Back by popular demand, the Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity Season themes have become a permanent fixture of Diablo III. While we are extremely excited to make these features always available, to ensure your time slaying demons remains balanced, we had to make some adjustments to the bonuses provided by the Altar of Rites. When existent alongside Visions of Enmity, continual Season themes, and adjustments to Class balance, we felt the game’s balance would benefit from adjustments to Rites of Sanctuary. Here’s what has changed:
      Force Decreased damage to +100 from +200. Shadow Decreased Missile Damage Reduction to 5% from 25%. Exodus Decreased Movement Speed (Uncapped) to +10% from +25%. Command Increased damage against Elites reduced to 5% from 15%. Tenacity Increased damage reduced to 5% from 20%. Reverence Reduces damage taken from Elites by 5%, previously 25%. Numb 25% Decreased Melee Damage Reduction to 5% from 25%. Nature Highest elemental skill damage bonus increased by 5%, previously 10%. Prowess Increased damage against Elites reduced to 5% from 20%. Roar Damage done to Bosses increased to 5% from 50%. Elegance Chance to Dodge increased by 5%, previously 15%. Malice Decreased to +5% Damage from +30% Damage. Father Power pylon has been removed from random Shrine effect. Mother Triune of Love Circle now increases damage by 50%, previously 100%. Empowered shrine has been removed from the random Shrine effect of the Father Seal from Altar of Rites. Feature Changes
      Chilltara now has a 20% drop rate of Gibbering Gemstone. Whisper of Atonements can now be salvaged for 1–3 Forgotten Souls. Orek's Dream encounter rate buffed from 1 to 4%. Gelatinous Sire goblins no longer spawn from the Goblin Shrine inside Echoing Nightmares. Class Balance Changes
      Striking a middle ground between fun and balanced is our top priority when it comes to Classes. As we mentioned in our Season 29 article, going forward, a series of iconic themes from Seasons past will be reintroduced roughly every 3 months. The below Class balances changes were made to ensure each Class remains both fun and balanced as powerful Season themes return to Diablo III.
      Any changes made to the below between the PTR and now, and any new additions, have been marked in red.
      Barbarian
      Might of the Earth Increased the damage of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam to 37,500% from 20,000%. The Legacy of Raekor Hitting enemies with Furious Charge or Weapon Throw increases the damage of your next Ancient Spear by 2,500% from 5,500% and causes it to release multiple spears from its target. This effect stacks and each spear throw consumes a maximum of 5 stacks. Crusader
      Roland's Legacy Increased the damage of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack to 40,000% from 17,500%. Aegis of Valor Increased the damage of Fist of the Heavens and Heaven's Fury to 15,000% from 20,000%. Akkhan's Manacles Blessed Shield damage is increased by 400-500% for the first enemy it hits. Additionally, this bonus continues and is reduced by 50% for each subsequent non- Shattering Throw target. Blade of Prophecy Condemned enemies also trigger Condemn's explosion and the damage of Condemn is increased by 600-800%. Faithful Memory Each enemy hit by Falling Sword increases the damage of Blessed Hammer by 60-80% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks. Each stack of this buff can now stack between uses instead of resetting. Denial Each enemy hit by your Sweep Attack increases the damage of your next Sweep Attack by 100–125%, stacking up to 5 times between uses. Each stack lasts up to 5 seconds. Demon Hunter
      The Shadow's Mantle Impale’s additional damage increased to 120,000% weapon damage from 75,000% to the first enemy hit, and to 40,000% from 25,000% to subsequent enemies. Embodiment of the Marauder Your primary skills, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, Cluster Arrow, Companions, Vengeance, and Sentries now deal 9,500% increased damage, previously 12,000%, for every active Sentry. Monk
      Raiment of a Thousand Storms Your Spirit Generators increase the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to 60,000% for 6 seconds and Dashing Strike increases the damage of your Spirit Generators by 14,000%, instead of 6,000%, for 6 seconds. Uliana's Stratagem Increased the damage of your Exploding Palm from 9,000% to 12,500% and your Seven-Sided Strike detonates your Exploding Palm. Kyoshiro's Blade When the initial impact of your Wave of Light hits 5 or fewer enemies, previously 3, the damage is increased by 200-250%. Necromancer
      Pestilence Each corpse you consume grants you an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of your next Bone Spear by 6,000% from 3,300%. In addition, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion damage is increased by 6,000% from 3,300%. Each enemy you hit with Bone Spear, Corpse Lance, and Corpse Explosion reduces your damage taken by 3%, up to a maximum of 75%. Lasts 15 seconds. Inarius Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer to 19,000% from 10,000%. Trag'Oul's Avatar Your Life-spending abilities deal 6,250% increased damage, previously 10,000%, and your healing from skills is increased by 100%. Masquerade of the Burning Carnival Bone Spear cast by you and your Simulacrums deals 5,500% increased damage, previously 9,000%. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus. Bloodtide Blade Death Nova deals 300-400% increased damage for every enemy within 25 yards, up to 10 enemies, previously 25 enemies. Grasps of Essence When an exploded corpse damages at least one enemy, your Corpse Explosion deals 150-200% increased damage for 6 seconds, stacking up to 4 times, previously 5 stacks. Corpsewhisper Pauldrons Corpse Lance damage is increased to 50-75% from 20-30% for 3 seconds when you consume a corpse. Max 20 stacks. Witch Doctor
      Raiment of the Jade Harvester Soul Harvest reduces damage taken by 50% for 12 seconds and consumes your damage over time effects on enemies, instantly dealing 26,000 seconds worth of remaining damage, previously 10,000. Helltooth Harness After casting Wall of Death, gain 37,500% increased damage, previously 17,500%, for 15 seconds to your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death./li> Mundunugu's Regalia Spirit Barrage deals 17,500% increased damage, previously 20,000% plus an additional % equal to 5 times your Mana Regeneration/Second. Spirit of Arachyr The damage of your creature skills is increased by 11,500%, previously 25,000%. Creature skills are Corpse Spiders, Plague of Toads, Firebats, Locust Swarm, Hex, and Piranhas. Zunimassa's Haunt Enemies hit by your Mana spenders take 13,000% increased damage, previously 15,000%, from your pets for 8 seconds. Wizard
      Delsere's Magnum Opus Enemies affected by your Slow Time and for 5 seconds after exiting take 20,000% increased damage, previously 12,500%, from your Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade, Electrocute, and Arcane Torrent abilities. Tal Rasha's Elements Attacks increase your damage by 1,000%, previously 2,000%, for 8 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. At 4 stacks, each different elemental attack extends the duration by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 8 seconds. The Smoldering Core Lesser enemies are now lured to your Meteor impact areas. Meteors deal 40-50% increased damage on consecutive hits to the same target. This stacks up to 3 times, previously 10. The Twisted Sword Energy Twister damage is increased by 125-150% for each Energy Twister you have out up to a maximum of 3, previously 5. The Raging Storm rune is automatically applied to Energy Twister and allows the tornado to merge with 3 additional Energy Twisters. Return to Top
    • By Staff
      The Darkening of Tristram returns to Diablo 3 on January 3. Find out more about the event in the official blog post!
      (Source)
      Diablo’s anniversary is right around the corner, along with the Darkening of Tristram event! Whether you’re a series veteran craving nostalgia, or a newcomer hungry for your first taste of the franchise’s past, this annual loving homage to the earliest days of Diablo is for you.
      Read on for more, including a closer look at the anniversary dungeon and its unique rewards.

Stop the Cultists
      Your journey begins on the trail of a group of mysterious cultists causing trouble in Sanctuary. As you hunt them down in Adventure Mode, you’ll uncover clues leading to a portal into Tristram’s past, and the terrifying darkness that took hold of the town so many years ago. . . .

Explore the Cathedral
      Follow the clues and you’ll soon find yourself in a realm of glorious RetroVision™, where an all-too-familiar cathedral looms. Explore the depths and you’ll discover familiar enemies and iconic items, all brought to life in the Diablo III engine. Meanwhile, deep beneath the catacombs, the Dark Lord himself awaits any intrepid adventurer who dares to challenge him. . . .

Discover Precious Loot
      What is a Diablo game without shiny new loot to call your own? Completing activities in the anniversary event yields unique transmogrification effects, achievements, portraits, pets, and more.
      While some rewards are easy to find, others may have you scouring every nook or unlocking every achievement before you can get your hands on them. Can you earn them all? There’s only one way to find out!

Your Journey Begins…
      Exclusive rewards and challenging enemies await you, but they won’t last forever! The cultists will appear on December 31 at 4 p.m. PST, and the portal opens January 3 at the same hour. Both parts of the event end January 31 at 4 p.m. PST.
      Enter the dungeon, reap your rewards, and survive the evils within—or die in the process, never to be heard from again. . . .
    • By Staff
      The Diablo 3 patch PTR is up and we have all the details on it! From the new permanent Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity features to class balance and more, let's take a look at what's coming.
      Patch 2.7.7 PTR (Source)
      Hail, Nephalem! We welcome you to the Diablo III Patch 2.7.7 PTR. From December 5–12, we’ll need your help in testing balance changes for all Classes and 2 returning Season themes that are being permanently added to the game for all modes—Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity.
      Seasonal Journey
      PTR Focus and Details
      PTR Testing Tips
      Class Balance Changes
      How to Participate in the PTR
      PTR Character Copy
      Please note that this is a preview for PTR content, which is subject to change. As this is a test server, please anticipate uneven game performance, and note that restarts and downtime may occur without warning. Thank you, and we look forward to your feedback!

PTR Focus and Details
      The Patch 2.7.7 PTR will soon be under way. During this time, there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches. We urge you to focus your playthrough on the following:
      Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity: Based on positive community feedback, we saw these Season themes were such a hit that we’ve decided to make them permanent. Players can harness the might from the Altar of Rites and Diabolical Fissures to dream up unique Class builds and achieve new levels of power. Class Balance: To ensure that the most significant class changes receive an ample amount of attention, we'd love for you to focus testing and providing feedback on the balance changes for all Classes. PTR-unique buffs will be active to help you on your journey: increased experience gains, and double Blood Shard drops. You can also buy new gear for testing from the special PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em, who will exchange Blood Shards for class-specific bags full of Legendary Items that we'd love for you to test! So that we can efficiently review your posts, please provide feedback in the PTR Feedback forum and bug reports in the PTR Bug Report forum.

PTR Testing Tips
      As with our previous PTRs, this testing period is short, so it's best to hit the ground running. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.
      Because of the limited duration of this PTR, we ask that participants pick a particular portion of this update to focus on testing. For example, if you’re primarily a Witch Doctor player, consider what changes impact the Witch Doctor specifically. What you like best, what you think may still need adjustment, and what you’d want to see in the future (even if that may be beyond the scope of this patch) are all good questions to ask yourself before submitting feedback. Try to break things! Just tell us when you do so we can make sure that the patch’s launch is as smooth as possible. When providing feedback, focus less on a solution and more on your experience. How did the changes make you feel? Did something seem incorrect or insufficient? Suggestions are always welcome but identifying the issues themselves is most important. Back to Top

Back by popular demand, the Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity Season themes have become a permanent fixture of Diablo III. While we are extremely excited to make these features always available, to ensure your time slaying demons remains balanced, we had to make some adjustments to the bonuses provided by the Altar of Rites. When existent alongside Visions of Enmity, continual Season themes, and adjustments to Class balance, we felt the game’s balance would benefit from adjustments to Rites of Sanctuary. Here’s what has changed:
      Force Decreased damage to +100 from +200. Shadow Decreased Missile Damage Reduction to 5% from 25%. Exodus Decreased Movement Speed (Uncapped) to +10% from +25%. Command Increased damage against Elites reduced to 5% from 15%. Tenacity Increased damage reduced to 5% from 20%. Reverence Reduces damage taken from Elites by 5%, previously 25%. Numb 25% Decreased Melee Damage Reduction to 5% from 25%. Nature Highest elemental skill damage bonus increased by 5%, previously 10%. Prowess Increased damage against Elites reduced to 5% from 20%. Roar Damage done to Bosses increased to 5% from 50%. Elegance Chance to Dodge increased by 5%, previously 15%. Malice Decreased to +5% Damage from +30% Damage. Father Power pylon has been removed from random Shrine effect. Mother Triune of Love Circle now increases damage by 50%, previously 100%. Back to Top

Class Balance Changes
      Striking a middle ground between fun and balanced is our top priority when it comes to Classes. As we mentioned in our Season 29 article, going forward, a series of iconic themes from Seasons past will be reintroduced roughly every 3 months. The below Class balances changes were made to ensure each Class remains both fun and balanced as powerful Season themes return to Diablo III.
      Barbarian
      Might of the Earth Increased the damage of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam to 37,500% from 20,000%. The Legacy of Raekor Hitting enemies with Furious Charge or Weapon Throw increases the damage of your next Ancient Spear by 2,500% from 5,500% and causes it to release multiple spears from its target. This effect stacks and each spear throw consumes a maximum of 5 stacks. Crusader
      Roland's Legacy Increased the damage of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack to 40,000% from 17,500%. Aegis of Valor Increased the damage of Fist of the Heavens and Heaven's Fury to 15,000% from 20,000%. Akkhan's Manacles Blessed Shield damage is increased by 400-500% for the first enemy it hits. Additionally, this bonus continues and is reduced by 50% for each subsequent non Shattering Throw target. Blade of Prophecy Condemned enemies also trigger Condemn's explosion and the damage of Condemn is increased by 600-800%. Faithful Memory Each enemy hit by Falling Sword increases the damage of Blessed Hammer by 60-80% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks. Each stack of this buff can now stack between uses instead of resetting. Demon Hunter
      The Shadow's Mantle Impale’s additional damage increased to 120,000% weapon damage from 75,000% to the first enemy hit, and to 40,000% from 25,000% to subsequent enemies. Embodiment of the Marauder Your primary skills, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, Cluster Arrow, Companions, Vengeance, and Sentries now deal 6,500% increased damage, previously 12,000%, for every active Sentry. Monk
      Raiment of a Thousand Storms Your Spirit Generators increase the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to 60,000% for 6 seconds and Dashing Strike increases the damage of your Spirit Generators by 14,000%, instead of 6,000%, for 6 seconds. Uliana's Stratagem Increased the damage of your Exploding Palm from 9,000% to 12,500% and your Seven-Sided Strike detonates your Exploding Palm. Kyoshiro's Blade When the initial impact of your Wave of Light hits 5 or fewer enemies, previously 3, the damage is increased by 200-250%. Necromancer
      Pestilence Each corpse you consume grants you an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of your next Bone Spear by 6,000% from 3,300%. In addition, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion damage is increased by 6,000% from 3,300%. Inarius Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer to 19,000% from 10,000%. Trag'Oul's Avatar Your Life-spending abilities deal 6,250% increased damage, previously 10,000%, and your healing from skills is increased by 100%. Masquerade of the Burning Carnival Bone Spear cast by you and your Simulacrums deals 5,500% increased damage, previously 9,000%. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus. Bloodtide Blade Death Nova deals 300-400% increased damage for every enemy within 25 yards, up to 10 enemies, previously 25 enemies. Grasps of Essence When an exploded corpse damages at least one enemy, your Corpse Explosion deals 150-200% increased damage for 6 seconds, stacking up to 4 times, previously 5 stacks. Corpsewhisper Pauldrons Corpse Lance damage is increased to 50-75% from 20-30% for 3 seconds when you consume a corpse. Max 20 stacks. Witch Doctor
      Raiment of the Jade Harvester Soul Harvest reduces damage taken by 50% for 12 seconds and consumes your damage over time effects on enemies, instantly dealing 26,000 seconds worth of remaining damage, previously 10,000. Helltooth Harness After casting Wall of Death, gain 37,500% increased damage, previously 17,500%, for 15 seconds to your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death. Mundunugu's Regalia Spirit Barrage deals 15,000% increased damage, previously 20,000% plus an additional % equal to 5 times your Mana Regeneration/Second. Spirit of Arachyr The damage of your creature skills is increased by 11,500%, previously 25,000%. Creature skills are Corpse Spiders, Plague of Toads, Firebats, Locust Swarm, Hex, and Piranhas. Zunimassa's Haunt Enemies hit by your Mana spenders take 13,000% increased damage, previously 15,000%, from your pets for 8 seconds. Wizard
      Delsere's Magnum Opus Enemies affected by your Slow Time and for 5 seconds after exiting take 20,000% increased damage, previously 12,500%, from your Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade, Electrocute, and Arcane Torrent abilities. Tal Rasha's Elements Attacks increase your damage by 1,000%, previously 2,000%, for 8 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. At 4 stacks, each different elemental attack extends the duration by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 8 seconds. The Smoldering Core Lesser enemies are now lured to your Meteor impact areas. Meteors deal 40-50% increased damage on consecutive hits to the same target. This stacks up to 3 times, previously 10. The Twisted Sword Energy Twister damage is increased by 125-150% for each Energy Twister you have out up to a maximum of 3, previously 5. The Raging Storm rune is automatically applied to Energy Twister and allows the tornado to merge with 3 additional Energy Twisters. Back to Top

To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached to a Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. one that hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.
      Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
      Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
      Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
      Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
      Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate. For additional assistance with installing and launching the PTR, click here.

PTR Character Copy
      The option to copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account to the PTR will be available and can be done directly through the PTR client. However, only one region per account can be copied at a time. So, if you choose to copy characters from your account in a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost.
      Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
      Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
      Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
      Step 4: Select your region.
      Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
      Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
      Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
      Please note that you can only copy characters from one gameplay region at a time. If you choose to copy characters from a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost. In addition, you can only copy characters over to your PTR account once every 24 hours. Attempting to copy characters before this cooldown is up will result in an error.
      We hope you enjoy the PTR!
      -The Diablo III Development Team
          Next Article
        Blues News: December 1, 2023   World of Warcraft 4d Blues News: December 1, 2023
        Stay up to date with World of Warcraft when you join us each week as we round up some of the latest top blue posts and discussions.   4 days ago Featured News
        Intel Drop: Season 1 BlackCell, Battle Pass, and Bundles   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 3h Intel Drop: Season 1 BlackCell, Battle Pass, and Bundles
        Diablo Immortal Bug Fixes and Patch Notes for All Platforms   Diablo Immortal 3h Diablo Immortal Bug Fixes and Patch Notes for All Platforms
        Weekly Bonus Event: Enter the Dragonflight Dungeons   World of Warcraft 4h Weekly Bonus Event: Enter the Dragonflight Dungeons
        Hotfixes: December 4, 2023   World of Warcraft 19h Hotfixes: December 4, 2023
        28.2 Patch Notes   Hearthstone 1d 28.2 Patch Notes
        This Week in WoW: December 4, 2023   World of Warcraft 1d This Week in WoW: December 4, 2023
        It’s Almost Time for the Variety Show to Enter WoW® Classic!   World of Warcraft 1d It’s Almost Time for the Variety Show to Enter WoW® Classic!
        Overwatch® 2 – Season 8: Call of the Hunt Begins December 5.   Overwatch 2 1d Overwatch® 2 – Season 8: Call of the Hunt Begins December 5.
        The Darkmoon Faire Returns   World of Warcraft 3d The Darkmoon Faire Returns
        Get the Sky-Captain’s Masquerade Attire Transmog Set   World of Warcraft 4d Get the Sky-Captain’s Masquerade Attire Transmog Set
        Diablo IV Patch Notes   Diablo IV 4d Diablo IV Patch Notes
        Diablo III PTR 2.7.7 - Now Live   Diablo III 4d Diablo III PTR 2.7.7 - Now Live
        Blues News: December 1, 2023   World of Warcraft 4d Blues News: December 1, 2023
        World of Warcraft® Classic Season of Discovery is Now Live!   World of Warcraft 5d World of Warcraft® Classic Season of Discovery is Now Live!
        Catch Up on the Latest Campfire Chat   Diablo IV 5d Catch Up on the Latest Campfire Chat
        Rain Blood in Abattoir of Zir   Diablo IV 5d Rain Blood in Abattoir of Zir
        The Overwatch 2® Twitch Support-A-Streamer is back!   Overwatch 2 5d The Overwatch 2® Twitch Support-A-Streamer is back!
        Director’s Take – Balance Preview for Season 8   Overwatch 2 5d Director’s Take – Balance Preview for Season 8
        Check Out Season of Discovery and What’s Next   World of Warcraft 5d Check Out Season of Discovery and What’s Next
        Season 1 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and Call of Duty: Warzone—All You Need to Know   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 5d Season 1 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and Call of Duty: Warzone—All You Need to Know

• By Staff
      Patch 2.7.7 is hitting the PTR starting December 5 and Blizzard needs your help to test balance changes for all classes and 2 returning Season themes that are being permanently added to the game for all modes: Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity.
      (Source)
      Hail, Nephalem!
      We welcome you to the Diablo III Patch 2.7.7 PTR. From December 5–12, we’ll need your help in testing balance changes for all Classes and 2 returning Season themes that are being permanently added to the game for all modes—Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity.
      Seasonal Journey
      PTR Focus and Details
      PTR Testing Tips
      Class Balance Changes
      PTR Character Copy
      Please note that this is a preview for PTR content, which is subject to change. As this is a test server, please anticipate uneven game performance, and note that restarts and downtime may occur without warning. Thank you, and we look forward to your feedback!

PTR Focus and Details
      The Patch 2.7.7 PTR will soon be under way. During this time, there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches. We urge you to focus your playthrough on the following:
      Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity: Based on positive community feedback, we saw these Season themes were such a hit that we’ve decided to make them permanent. Players can harness the might from the Altar of Rites and Diabolical Fissures to dream up unique Class builds and achieve new levels of power. Class Balance: To ensure that the most significant class changes receive an ample amount of attention, we'd love for you to focus testing and providing feedback on the balance changes for all Classes. PTR-unique buffs will be active to help you on your journey: increased experience gains, and double Blood Shard drops. You can also buy new gear for testing from the special PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em, who will exchange Blood Shards for class-specific bags full of Legendary Items that we'd love for you to test! So that we can efficiently review your posts, please provide feedback in the PTR Feedback forum and bug reports in the PTR Bug Report forum.

PTR Testing Tips
      As with our previous PTRs, this testing period is short, so it's best to hit the ground running. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.
      Because of the limited duration of this PTR, we ask that participants pick a particular portion of this update to focus on testing. For example, if you’re primarily a Witch Doctor player, consider what changes impact the Witch Doctor specifically. What you like best, what you think may still need adjustment, and what you’d want to see in the future (even if that may be beyond the scope of this patch) are all good questions to ask yourself before submitting feedback. Try to break things! Just tell us when you do so we can make sure that the patch’s launch is as smooth as possible. When providing feedback, focus less on a solution and more on your experience. How did the changes make you feel? Did something seem incorrect or insufficient? Suggestions are always welcome but identifying the issues themselves is most important. Back to Top

Force Decreased damage to +100 from +200. Shadow Decreased Missile Damage Reduction to 5% from 25%. Exodus Decreased Movement Speed (Uncapped) to +10% from +25%. Command Increased damage against Elites reduced to 5% from 15%. Tenacity Increased damage reduced to 5% from 20%. Reverence Reduces damage taken from Elites by 5%, previously 25%. Numb 25% Decreased Melee Damage Reduction to 5% from 25%. Nature Highest elemental skill damage bonus increased by 5%, previously 10%. Prowess Increased damage against Elites reduced to 5% from 20%. Roar Damage done to Bosses increased to 5% from 50%. Elegance Chance to Dodge increased by 5%, previously 15%. Malice Decreased to +5% Damage from +30% Damage. Father Power pylon has been removed from random Shrine effect. Mother Triune of Love Circle now increases damage by 50%, previously 100%. Back to Top

Class Balance Changes
      Barbarian
      Roland's Legacy Increased the damage of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack to 40,000% from 17,500%. Aegis of Valor Increased the damage of Fist of the Heavens and Heaven's Fury to 15,000% from 20,000%. Akkhan's Manacles Blessed Shield damage is increased by 400-500% for the first enemy it hits. Additionally, this bonus continues and is reduced by 50% for each subsequent non Shattering Throw target. Blade of Prophecy Condemned enemies also trigger Condemn's explosion and the damage of Condemn is increased by 600-800%. Faithful Memory Each enemy hit by Falling Sword increases the damage of Blessed Hammer by 60-80% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks. Each stack of this buff can now stack between uses instead of resetting. Demon Hunter
      The Shadow's Mantle Impale’s additional damage increased to 120,000% weapon damage from 75,000% to the first enemy hit, and to 40,000% from 25,000% to subsequent enemies. Embodiment of the Marauder Your primary skills, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, Cluster Arrow, Companions, Vengeance, and Sentries now deal 6,500% increased damage, previously 12,000%, for every active Sentry. Monk
      Pestilence Each corpse you consume grants you an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of your next Bone Spear by 6,000% from 3,300%. In addition, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion damage is increased by 6,000% from 3,300%. Inarius Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer to 19,000% from 10,000%. Trag'Oul's Avatar Your Life-spending abilities deal 6,250% increased damage, previously 10,000%, and your healing from skills is increased by 100%. Masquerade of the Burning Carnival Bone Spear cast by you and your Simulacrums deals 5,500% increased damage, previously 9,000%. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus. Bloodtide Blade Death Nova deals 300-400% increased damage for every enemy within 25 yards, up to 10 enemies, previously 25 enemies. Grasps of Essence When an exploded corpse damages at least one enemy, your Corpse Explosion deals 150-200% increased damage for 6 seconds, stacking up to 4 times, previously 5 stacks. Corpsewhisper Pauldrons Corpse Lance damage is increased to 50-75% from 20-30% for 3 seconds when you consume a corpse. Max 20 stacks. Witch Doctor
      Raiment of the Jade Harvester Soul Harvest reduces damage taken by 50% for 12 seconds and consumes your damage over time effects on enemies, instantly dealing 26,000 seconds worth of remaining damage, previously 10,000. Helltooth Harness After casting Wall of Death, gain 37,500% increased damage, previously 17,500%, for 15 seconds to your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death. Mundunugu's Regalia Spirit Barrage deals 15,000% increased damage, previously 20,000% plus an additional % equal to 5 times your Mana Regeneration/Second. Spirit of Arachyr The damage of your creature skills is increased by 11,500%, previously 25,000%. Creature skills are Corpse Spiders, Plague of Toads, Firebats, Locust Swarm, Hex, and Piranhas. Zunimassa's Haunt Enemies hit by your Mana spenders take 13,000% increased damage, previously 15,000%, from your pets for 8 seconds. Wizard
      Delsere's Magnum Opus Enemies affected by your Slow Time and for 5 seconds after exiting take 20,000% increased damage, previously 12,500%, from your Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade, Electrocute, and Arcane Torrent abilities. Tal Rasha's Elements Attacks increase your damage by 1,000%, previously 2,000%, for 8 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. At 4 stacks, each different elemental attack extends the duration by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 8 seconds. The Smoldering Core Lesser enemies are now lured to your Meteor impact areas. Meteors deal 40-50% increased damage on consecutive hits to the same target. This stacks up to 3 times, previously 10. The Twisted Sword Energy Twister damage is increased by 125-150% for each Energy Twister you have out up to a maximum of 3, previously 5. The Raging Storm rune is automatically applied to Energy Twister and allows the tornado to merge with 3 additional Energy Twisters. Back to Top

To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached to a Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. one that hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.
      Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
      Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
      Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
      Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
      Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate. For additional assistance with installing and launching the PTR, click here.

PTR Character Copy
      The option to copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account to the PTR will be available and can be done directly through the PTR client. However, only one region per account can be copied at a time. So, if you choose to copy characters from your account in a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost.
      Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
      Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
      Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
      Step 4: Select your region.
      Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
      Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
      Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
      Please note that you can only copy characters from one gameplay region at a time. If you choose to copy characters from a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost. In addition, you can only copy characters over to your PTR account once every 24 hours. Attempting to copy characters before this cooldown is up will result in an error.
      We hope you enjoy the PTR!
      -The Diablo III Development Team