FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Diablo 3 Seasonal guide for Beginner

This thread is for comments on our Seasonal guide for beginners.

On 6/19/2016 at 7:20 AM, Jeph117 said:

Thanks for the guide. It was very helpful. Do the leaderboards only apply to Greater Rifts? Or are there leaderboards for other activities?

The only competitive leaderboard is for Greater Rifts, though Seasons offer a Conquest leaderboard too  - sort of a 'world first' completion of certain harder achievements.

Great work!

As usual, .. ;-)

I would like to suggest another crafting breakpoint at level 15, as you're able to create rare weapons and helmets that are capable of sockets (directly crafted or added by the Mystic afterwards) awaiting the first rubies found.

sam

On 8/3/2016 at 0:17 PM, NullOrEmpty said:

Great work!

As usual, .. ;-)

I would like to suggest another crafting breakpoint at level 15, as you're able to create rare weapons and helmets that are capable of sockets (directly crafted or added by the Mystic afterwards) awaiting the first rubies found.

sam

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add it in a future iteration of the guide :)

Guest Bodach

How do I increase my Greater Rift level?  One of the things I have to do in the seasonal journey is "get to" a level 20 greater rift.  But the drop down options for Greater Rift level only go to 14 for me.

Guest radar37
1 hour ago, Guest Bodach said:

How do I increase my Greater Rift level?  One of the things I have to do in the seasonal journey is "get to" a level 20 greater rift.  But the drop down options for Greater Rift level only go to 14 for me.

each time you beat one, it will give you the option of a higher level one.....if you beat it really fast the level goes up a few, I forget how many.....

Guest Bodach
35 minutes ago, Guest radar37 said:

each time you beat one, it will give you the option of a higher level one.....if you beat it really fast the level goes up a few, I forget how many.....

Thank you so much

On 8/12/2016 at 0:26 AM, Guest radar37 said:

Although a bit late to this, but maybe it will be helpful for others: you can unlock higher GRs without doing them with finishing a normal Rift on a certain difficulty (for example if you finish a Rift on T5, you'll unlock GRs up to 22) or getting someone open a higher GR in party

Guest Markus Ramikin

At level 42 you advise crafting level 60 weapons. This is impossible without Death's Breath to finish levelling the blacksmith, and people keep telling DB doesn't start dropping until level 61. What am I missing? Or was this different at the time you were writing this guide?

On 1/7/2017 at 0:12 PM, Guest Markus Ramikin said:

At level 42 you advise crafting level 60 weapons. This is impossible without Death's Breath to finish levelling the blacksmith, and people keep telling DB doesn't start dropping until level 61. What am I missing? Or was this different at the time you were writing this guide?

I'm checking right now and the Level 58-61 weapons don't require DB. (They are yellow quality)

Guest MAMMONMACHINE

I'm new to seasons. Do I need to make one character of each class to get the seasonal legendary gear? Is that hear available only for the season, or does it go into the general gear pool to be available once the season is over? Is there any reason to have more than one seasonal character at a time? I don't have many character slots left and I'm pretty attached to my current characters. Thanks.

20 hours ago, Guest MAMMONMACHINE said:

I'm new to seasons. Do I need to make one character of each class to get the seasonal legendary gear? Is that hear available only for the season, or does it go into the general gear pool to be available once the season is over? Is there any reason to have more than one seasonal character at a time? I don't have many character slots left and I'm pretty attached to my current characters. Thanks.

I mean, seasonal specific gear doesn't exist anymore. If you want to, you can play 1 character all season and it will become a normal character at the end of the season.

Guest Minibeast54

Ok, so I'm a noob at diablo so keep this in mind. I personally have no clue what most of the items you talked about were, but whatever. I just want to clear something up.

So to sum it up, you create a new character on hard with seasons, start completing all the bounties, try a couple rifts, then when you're a high enough level, greater rifts and doing the season achievements. Craft a lot of things early on to help you get good armor, and that's about it? Except for the kani's cube guide which I will have to look back on this post a lot! Is that it?

On 2017-03-10 at 5:06 PM, Guest Minibeast54 said:

Is that it?

Pretty much on the right track, do 1 full round of bounties, this gives you recipies and resources to grab bonus XP from Borns craftable set items + Cains craftable set! After the bounty you can simply run normal Nephalem rifts on Hard difficulty all the way to 70, no  point going up 1 difficulty (Hard is +75% while next tier is +100% and takes much longer).

Think I use those sets after my bounty run from lvl 20-60 for the XP. Also you'll find a Leorics Crown after a while and put a red gem in it and you get even more.

At max level just alternate Nephalem and Greater Rift and you'll get paragon levels in no time! :)

Guest Rynea

"Finally, the set conversion recipe is a relatively inexpensive method of assembling a set through redundant pieces, but cannot produce Ancients, and as such can only be considered an early 70 booster."

Might be outdated. I've rolled ancients with the reroll set option recently for season 10

Guest LDSilver

That's not accurate. Rerolling set items can't get you an ancient. Upgrading a rare and getting an Ancient set item is entirely possible, however.

On 4/12/2017 at 8:32 AM, Guest Rynea said:

"Finally, the set conversion recipe is a relatively inexpensive method of assembling a set through redundant pieces, but cannot produce Ancients, and as such can only be considered an early 70 booster."

Might be outdated. I've rolled ancients with the reroll set option recently for season 10

As said above, you can't reroll a set piece and get an Ancient from the Reroll Set option. It's not possible in-game. You might have done so using another recipe.

On 5/4/2017 at 8:56 AM, Guest LDSilver said:

That's not accurate. Rerolling set items can't get you an ancient. Upgrading a rare and getting an Ancient set item is entirely possible, however.

Thanks for helping to answer :)

Guest Second Season Charac

Can you create two season characters? I have a season character that's pretty high in season 10. I'm kind of bored with him. I'd like to create a wizard. 

On 2017-05-27 at 3:19 PM, Guest Second Season Charac said:

Can you create two season characters? I have a season character that's pretty high in season 10. I'm kind of bored with him. I'd like to create a wizard. 

You can create as many seasonal characters as you'd like, however, you only get the free set with the first character.

Some of the Conquests requires you to have multiple characters as well.

Guest Joshua

Great guide! Thx a lot, Deadset!

On 30.5.2017 at 11:21 AM, Arkpit said:

You can create as many seasonal characters as you'd like, however, you only get the free set with the first character.

The free set is bound to the class of the character who starts the season?

3 hours ago, Guest Joshua said:

The free set is bound to the class of the character who starts the season?

You complete seasonal quests and once you retrieve the item (Headrig's Gift) the items become permanent.

So in an example if you start as a Wizard you get 2 pieces of Tal'Rasha in the first reward and you cannot obtain this reward with any other character again but the items themselves can be stored in the stash for another wizard you make.

If you for some reason change along the way, it is possible to example complete the next stage of the seasonal journey with another class and it will become example, next 2 pieces of Helltooth for Witch Doctor but then you cannot go back and get 2 Tal'Rasha pieces there again.