FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Phoenixeld

New Ret Needs DPS help

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Phoenixeld/simple

Logs Link: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/75c6d231-4828-4e68-bda4-f6931dd90cb7/report/59#v=0,d=0

Concerns: Uptime, Stat Cap, Rotation Direction, DPS/DMG

Hey All, I normally Main Spec Prot and have no issues so ive decided to Start DPSing as Ret, however to me my damage/dps is terribad, i havent done any real extensive parsing for numbers etc so i have raid logs to kinda help paint a picture.

About me and raiding is a Mechanics< Everything else if i messing up a mechanic im already all over my own case. So i can do mechanics its just everything else lol. Ive Read the guides and i just dont know where im going wrong

Help Me Please :D

Phoenixeld

Hello Phoenix, do you have any more recent logs? It's hard to determine your DPS for these logs since you were using a tanking trinket (Cursed Plume) and a Saberblade Talisman. While the Cursed Plume isn't terrible, the static bonus armor does nothing for you and having static strength is actually quite a large boost. Also, since you are transitioning from Prot, it's not too big a deal yet until you feel as if you're are underperforming to a very high degree.

I noticed you are using ability_paladin_seraphim.jpgSeraphim for this fight, which isn't terrible for Iskar only because before Iskar does Shadow Escape, he is completely alone, but you were only able to maintain about 25% uptime on it, which is about only half as much uptime you should be getting (you should aim for 45-50%). I would recommend using ability_paladin_finalverdict.jpgFinal Verdict for this fight since add management is a very important aspect of Iskar. During add phase, always weave ability_paladin_finalverdict.jpgFinal Verdict and ability_paladin_divinestorm.jpgDivine Storm, even if you don't have ability_paladin_divinestorm.jpgDivine Crusader up. The ability_paladin_finalverdict.jpgFinal Verdict buff is a critical part of improving your AoE potential. I would, however, say it's okay to spam ability_paladin_divinestorm.jpgDivine Storm when you don't think you'll have time to get another ability_paladin_divinestorm.jpgDivine Storm after using ability_paladin_finalverdict.jpgFinal Verdict.

Also, since you have some time, switch to spell_holy_righteousnessaura.jpgSeal of Righteousness right after Iskar uses Shadow Escape. It was also help your AoE a lot. This is even more so when you get Empty Drinking Horn, which is a solid 10% boost to your DPS. Without it, you'll always be about 8-10% lower than DPS who do have it.

I also can't tell if your flasked or not? If not, then I would use a strength flask. Don't underestimate 250 strength. Your stat distribution looks fine. You have quite a bit of haste, but that's not a huge loss. 20% crit is good since you have 10% multistrike. And you have a decently high mastery. I would recommend switching slowly to multstrike above crit, but they are both very close on sims, so the difference can be negligible, but I feel multistrike is more consistent.

I can't see too much information on your rotation, so it's hard to help you there unless you provide a little more info yourself. I do see that your spell_paladin_hammerofwrath.jpgHammer of Wrath damage is quite low. It should never be higher than your melee strikes, which makes me think that you're not using it nearly as much as you should. Since you had 2pc Tier, it should almost always be 2nd or 3rd. In this case, 3rd is okay to ability_paladin_divinestorm.jpgDivine Storm since it's an add fight.

I'd like to help you more, but since it's been a week since then, I'd like to hear some of your comments and maybe see some updated progress? Also, if you can, use Warcraft logs since Mr. Robot doesn't contain as much information.

Edited by Rothco

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knight85
      Noob seeking arrangements to meet in EU Doomhammer Silvermoon and Ironforge to sign bank guild charters. and help add alts afterwards.
      willing to tip.
      also willing to trade for guild (if players still do that)
    • By knight85
      evening ladies and gents.
      i've got a question about the blizzard store's race change.
      at the minute i have a pandaren horde hunter. but i'm giving some thought to doing a race change to an orc.
      i just want to check before i do anything. that if i do my race change. will i still keep all the pets i had before the change?

• By Exploit
      Hi everyone,
      I, like many others, are trying to maximize DPS for their respective classes, mine in particular being ret paladin.
      In general, it seems like there are several sources of information for dps for each class.
      Icy Veins Mr Robot Raidbots (Simulation Craft) Warcraft Logs Each with its own set of criteria as to what determines high dps. And I find inconsistency when bouncing between the different sources. I want to understand what am I missing when it comes to each. I will lay out what I currently understand, and would like some feedback as to what I may not be considering in each as well as some advice as to what other options I could be exploring (resources) to further the insight into whats applicable for my current state.
      Icy Veins
      For Icy Veins, in particular, the stat weights, are mostly vaguely determined. From the ret guide:

If I am reading this right, its Mastery >= Haste > Ver >= Crit = Str
      Mr Robot
      I use the addOn and I subscribe for the Best In Bags function. When I plug in my information in, the site recommends that I go with my 2pce t20 and balance around my legendaries with a focus on haste pieces (haste gems are emphasized).
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/a42136294c7f40b2b7ee78023306d786
      Stat weights as listed in MrRobot:
      MrRobot Stat Weights
      From what I am seeing, Crit is most emphasized, and the one crit gem + ring crit enchants were originally recommended by MrRobot here. Also another notable thing here is haste being way behind crit's potential.
      RaidBots (Simc)
      For RaidBots, I use the addOn, and play around with various items I hoard, and use the stat weights functions. Generally the feedback I get here are to stick with the current gem setup and with regards to stat weights, emphasize at my current setup with crit. It also says I should drop some of my high ilvl pieces (935 head, and 960 chest) for 4pce (915 head, lfr 890 chest)
      Gear simc:
      https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/d3Qbkf6nqpoP4bxQ9YB2m
      Stat Weights:
      https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/6NkVYwEaTW26FxD4wBwey4
      Vers -> crit -> mastery -> haste -> str
      (versitality first?)
      Warcraft Logs
      I mostly use Warcraft Logs to check what the top dps players (ret pallys) are hitting and what setups are they running. I don't want to specifically link player armories in here, but upon some investigation, you'll find most are just stacking haste
      ---
      I understand stat weights are relative, however it seems like everyone has different priorities, one says mastery, another vers, another crit, another haste?
      Help me understand.
      Thanks,
      Exploit

• By Moca
      Hi guys, I got some issues with my dps,

I'm struggling to maintain over 650k dps...

I'm new to fury warrior, was a mythic raider with my assassination rogue but... with the warrior it seems like I'm not doing something well...

Here is what I do :

OPENER

Charge -> AVATAR+BC+Berserktroll -> BT -> RB -> RP -> OF …

Trying to maintain enrage with BT or RP > RB > etc.. (normal rotation)

I’m always tring to use RP at 100% rage,

Do I have to clip it with BT ?
      I mean, when I’m enraged, my rotation is :

RP (100% rage) -> RB -> BT -> RB > RP(100% rage)… with my +15% crit fillers
      I’m trying to pop OF everytime that I’m enraged (with BC if possible),

I don’t have any set bonuses. No COF and no “good trinkets”…

Execution phase :
      BT > EXEC EXEC… > BT > EXEC EXEC…

I can’t link my armory…

I’m Moca, War fury from SARGERAS EU

Am I missing something ?

I think that I'm supposed to be way higher, like 850k+...

Thank you !

Sorry, I'm french and new to fury, if you got some questions, don't hesitate :)

• By xTincan17x
      Hey folks, I always just ignored the Hellfire options, since I really only play solo when I have time (which is rare). When should I consider utilising the Hellfire jewelry?
      I once experimented with a max lvl 70 toon, and crafted both the ring and amulet, and they were pointless.
      I did research at the time, and found it is great for lower level toons.

That being said, should I bother with lower level toons? If so, when? Can someone point me to why hellfire anything is useful, as my lvl 70 had way better stuff, and I'm thinking if I craft with my new toon (lvl 18 now but will change 20 times in the next 2 hours) it'll be outdated in minutes....
      So yeah, can someone explain when/why these are useful?