Sign in to follow this  
Odinn

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Release Date - Nov. 10, 2015

1 post in this topic

13596-starcraft-ii-legacy-of-the-void-re

Blizzard has unveiled the opening cinematic for the upcoming StarCraft II expansion, Legacy of the Void. The cinematic was played during the finale of the third and final season of the StarCraft World Championship Series (WCS), from which 16 players will ultimately qualify to play in the global finals at BlizzCon. Legacy of the Void releases November 10, 2015.

Here is the cinematic:

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void - Opening Cinematic

Pre-purchase remains available for Legacy of the Void, and includes the three mission prologue (Whispers of Oblivion) for immediate play and ongoing beta test access. The Artanis Hero in Heroes of the Storm will also be conferred to your account immediately upon becoming available.

Are you looking forward to the third and final installment of the StarCraft II trilogy?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Senior Audio Director Russel Brower has left Blizzard Entertainment. He explained in a Facebook post that with the success of a "sound-decentralization" initiative, his position was no longer relevant.
      Russel Brower was the Director of Audio and Lead Composer at Blizzard Entertainment. He produced music for Warcraft III, World of Warcraft and all its expansions, for example the Burning Crusade opening theme.
      He also composed the legendary "Invincible"!
      We wish him luck in his future endeavors! Here's the full announcement:
      Russel Brower (Source)
      To anyone familiar with my work at #Blizzard,
      It’s with a heavy heart that I post this status update, but as they say, “all good things…”
      I’m extremely proud of the amazingly talented team I helped build and the creative output we’ve accomplished together over these past 12 years. As the company has grown, the topography of the Sound team has adjusted accordingly, and the last couple of years have been no exception. With the success of a “sound de-centralization” initiative, my current position of overall Sr. Audio Director/Composer is no longer relevant and is being eliminated.
      Today is my last day, though there is an excellent chance I will continue to contribute to Blizzard’s projects as a freelance composer. Obviously, I have a lot to figure out, so I do not have any further information to share as to what I will be doing next….yet. (Except for my solo album— that is well under way; stay tuned!)
      I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to EVERYONE reading this: all of our Players, Music Lovers, and the countless new friends I’ve made worldwide, for the incredible and indelible life experiences I have enjoyed while at Blizzard. Especially the Players— each of you have truly enriched our lives by playing our games, meeting us at #BlizzCon and #Nerdtacular, attending our music concerts the world over, enjoying our soundtrack albums and sheet music— the list goes on and on. We have so much to be proud of and I am truly grateful to each of you and to all my Blizzard colleagues for putting up with me over the last 12 years and teaching me so much.
      I look forward to staying in touch with ALL of you, be it here on FaceBook, Twitter (handle-change coming up), and at future concerts (actually I have several #VGL shows still to come this year in Europe, China and Brazil.)
      WATCH THIS SPACE for news of my solo album, the first track of which I just recorded in June with 51 of the FINEST studio musicians in Los Angeles!!! #AFM #Local47 FTW!
      Wishing each of you all my best, with tons of gratitude,
      Russell Brower
      a.k.a. RB
    • By Stan

Prepare to redisover a classic. StarCraft® Remastered can now be pre-purchased for 14.99$ and will release by the end of August 2017.
      Pre-purchase Unlocks: the new Korhal Command Center, Char Hive, and Aiur Nexus. The official video published on Starcraft's YouTube channel has a release date of August 14.
      Here's the official announcement taken from Blizzard's website.
      Blizzard (Source)
       StarCraft: Remastered upgrades Blizzard Entertainment’s original sci-fi real-time strategy game and its acclaimed expansion, StarCraft: Brood War, from beginning to end. Experience the intergalactic battle between the terran, protoss, and zerg with improved graphics and audio…and the same classic gameplay that made StarCraft a global phenomenon.
      Return to the Koprulu Sector
      Discover the story that started it all as three races (the mechanized terrans, psi-powered protoss, and insectoid zerg) encounter each other for the first time. Engage in a legendary conflict that spans worlds over the course of more than 50 campaign missions.

Real-time Strategy Restored
      Once you’ve completed the campaign, go head-to-head or team up with other players online. Command your faction and vie for control of eight unique environments. Build your base, conscript your army, and lead one of StarCraft’s three radically different races to victory.

Upgrade Complete
      Pre-purchase Unlocks: Korhal Command Center, Aiur Nexus, and Char Hive.

• By Zadina

Members of Twitch Prime can now get rewards in Overwatch, while they will be able to get more rewards in the future in Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.
      Twitch Prime offers a limited time deal in 3 different Blizzard titles. Only the Overwatch rewards have been revealed for now. By purchasing a membership, you can immediately get a golden Loot Box with at least one guaranteed Legendary item. Moreover, you will receive five standard Loot Boxes in August and another five in October.
      More free loot for Twitch Prime members will come soon for Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm. When Twitch Prime was first announced, Hearthstone players could get the Priest hero Tyrande with their membership.
      You can find more information on this promotion here.
      Earlier today, Blizzard and Twitch signed a two-year deal with the latter one streaming major e-sports competitions for all of the former's gaming titles.
    • By Stan

After 5 years, Lead PvP Designer Holinka is leaving the World of Warcraft team. He was offered a new opportunity at Blizzard, so he's going to be working on another title.
      We wish him best of luck with the new job!
      Placeholder for tweet 875451948635348992 Blizzard (Source)
      Five years ago, I received a phone call from Blizzard offering me the chance of a lifetime—a position on the World of Warcraft team.

Simply put, this is my favorite game of all time, and working on it these past five years has been a dream come true. I have learned so much from the women and men who make it and everyone who plays it. I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to work on a game that so many people around the world are so passionate about.

A few weeks ago, I was offered a new opportunity at Blizzard that I’m really excited about. Tomorrow is my last day working on World of Warcraft.

As a longtime player, I couldn't be more excited about what the future has in store for World of Warcraft. In particular, the PvP team remains hard at work on some incredible plans. I fully expect that the best years of World of Warcraft PvP are ahead of us.

Thank you to everyone involved with World of Warcraft, from the development team to the players, for letting me be a part of this game's community. I consider it a great privilege.

Brian Holinka
    • By Stan

A new job posting by Blizzard hints at a remaster of old titles. While Starcraft remaster has been confirmed, will we see Diablo II & Warcraft III remastered as well? 
      Blizzard's looking for a Senior Software Designer for their office in Irvine, CA. According to the description, Blizzard plans to "restore them to glory".
      Starcraft Remaster was already confirmed by Blizzard. (Thanks to @SMOrcMan for the link)
      Job Description
      Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.
      We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.
      If you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players, we would love to hear from you.
      (Source)