Damien

Crusader Leveling and Fresh 70

23 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Crusader Leveling and Fresh Level 70 guide.

I don't get why Hexing Pants and Cindercoat are recommended? This build doesn't have a moving channel attack, so Hexing Pants apply a permanent 20% debuff to damage. And since both spenders are Holy, Cindercoat would do nothing.

Maybe the build was edited at some point, obsoleting these recommendations?

Thanks for the build. I was struggling to find *any* combination of skills that made the Crusader even remotely interesting.

I don't get why Hexing Pants and Cindercoat are recommended? This build doesn't have a moving channel attack, so Hexing Pants apply a permanent 20% debuff to damage. And since both spenders are Holy, Cindercoat would do nothing.

Maybe the build was edited at some point, obsoleting these recommendations?

Thanks for the build. I was struggling to find *any* combination of skills that made the Crusader even remotely interesting.

Heya - the list of items to keep was not necessarily for the particular build, but for the class as a whole! :) Apologies if it wasn't clear. Nevertheless, you can use Hexing Pants with a Blessed Hammer build, but you will have to adapt to a 'stutter stepping' playstyle, where you constantly alternate between moving and attacking with the skill. It is commonly used in the endgame Blessed Hammer builds, but is likely to change in Patch 2.4 with the rework of Hammer Jammers.

the build seems to lack a little on focused damage, ny tips on how to play it against bosses /elites?

Go really up close to the Guardian to ensure all Blessed Hammer casts will pass through him as soon as they spawn. :)

I know this season, 7, is coming to a close, but I have been wondering how are you getting steed charge and condemn on action bars since they are both on the same tab and dont offer a way to transfer to other keys.  I am fairly new to Diablo 3 as well, so may be something I am possibly missing or misunderstanding, or maybe something was changed after this build was made.

On 11/10/2016 at 0:54 AM, Guest supernewb said:

I know this season, 7, is coming to a close, but I have been wondering how are you getting steed charge and condemn on action bars since they are both on the same tab and dont offer a way to transfer to other keys.  I am fairly new to Diablo 3 as well, so may be something I am possibly missing or misunderstanding, or maybe something was changed after this build was made.

You go into settings and turn on elective mode. Then use the arrows when choosing skills at the top left and top right corner.

On 10/10/2016 at 11:54 PM, Guest supernewb said:

Looks like Zettez has already answered this above, but yeah, the skill allocation is locked for new players until you enable changing it. It allows for newer players to maintain a more "balanced" playstyle. 

8 minutes ago, Guest Zettez said:

Please update this to season 8!

If there are updates required, I'm sure Deadset will have it done before the season releases.

On 11/2/2016 at 4:02 PM, Guest CrusaderJim said:

I'm having trouble keeping up wrath in the build, any advice?  

Do you mean the leveling build, or Seeker of the Light set starter build?

Depending on how far your character has advanced, you can: 1) add a generator skill to the build; 2) try to temporarily work with Reaper's Wraps as your bracers; 3) prioritize gambling and farming for Gabriel's Vambraces .

But really, a link to your character would help a lot with giving out specific advice :)

It looks like you're missing stat priority for shields in the guide. I found these suggestions on the official D3 forums:

• Must have
    • Strength
    • Crit hit change
    • Cooldown reduction (Crusader shields)
  • Optional secondary 
    • % Skill damage
    • Wrath regeneration
    • Increased damage vs. elite
    • Resistance to elements
    • Life per wrath spent

Does that sounds about right to you?

Guard of Johanna Guard of Johanna and Denial Denial deserve special mention in the category, as both shields have a level requirement of 12, meaning they can drop very early on, or be gambled as early as level 1. This enables the gambling strat of creating a level 1 Crusader alt on the side, and gambling the bloodshards from your main on low level shields — quickly yielding Guard of Johanna Guard of Johanna and/or Denial Denial from the tiny RNG pool of a starting character. Note that the item's level 1 stats will make it obsolete for endgame, but their bonus is powerful enough to carry you throughout leveling, and to be cubed immediately at level 70.

I got the Guard of Johanna Guard of Johanna  to drop from using the gambling strat on an alt. How do I go about to cubing it at level 70? Which recipe from Kanai's Cube do I use?

thank you,

• Like 1

On 12/7/2016 at 2:32 PM, Guest Shield Stat Priority said:

Does that sounds about right to you?

Yes, that's a decent model to go on for now. 

On 1/2/2017 at 5:09 PM, vanherring said:

What stat priorities should be used for a shield?

See the above comment from the official D3 forums.

On 12/9/2016 at 10:07 AM, Guest nijac22 said:

I got the Guard of Johanna Guard of Johanna  to drop from using the gambling strat on an alt. How do I go about to cubing it at level 70? Which recipe from Kanai's Cube do I use?

thank you,

You will use the one to put the properties of the legendary into the cube. It costs 1 of each bounty material and 5x Death's Breath.

I've put a note in for Deadset concerning the Shield stat prio. Thanks everyone that commented letting us know.

Hey, was just wondering why there is no blessed shield build? I've seen a lot of crusaders use it  and it does take down packs quickly. I'm guessing it is not a good build in the very long run?

Hi guys love this site and want to thank you all for putting this together for the community. Can someone add Blade of Prophecy and Akkhan's Addendum to this guide please? Cheers.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.