FORUMS
Damien

Support Monk

Guest Daevic

Cube change: Vigilance 2H-Polearm in place of flying dragon as a cube?    Getting hit has a chance to automatically cast Inner Sanctuary.

What stats should you look for on the Stormshield?

Vitality, Life Regeneration and CDR are your highest priority.

Cube change: Vigilance 2H-Polearm in place of flying dragon as a cube?    Getting hit has a chance to automatically cast Inner Sanctuary.

I would honestly recommend against it, since you will run out of Spirit quickly from all the Cyclone Strike spam you have to do! Flying Dragon helps you rebuild resource with the attack speed procs.

Guest wez

Correct me if i'm wrong....but aren't dashing strike and cyclone strike both secondary abilities? You gotta have one or the other?

Guest Darcascia

Honestly, I prefer to follow Quin69's guidance on monks, especially for healing.

Guest Quidam67

Honestly, I prefer to follow Quin69's guidance on monks, especially for healing.

I like how right at the top it states this build is a joint effort by both Quinn and Deadset.

I like how right at the top it states this build is a joint effort by both Quinn and Deadset.

The guide was only updated a few days ago with Quin's suggestions tongue.png

Guest Spooky

Hey,

thanks for the guide.

There is only one thing I noticed:

you wrote in the beginning under Boots Inna's Radiance instead of Inna's Sandals

The same later in Sec. 5 within the feet category

• Like 1

Thanks for the typo corrections guys! Fun fact, there will be no Toughness difference between a Strength and Dex rolled weapon.

Guest Goose

What's the opinion on running with Istvan's Paired Blades?  (little rogue and the slanderer)

gain up to 30% attack speed and armor during cyclone strike spamming

Guest teh_hahn

The section "Stat Priorities per Gear Slot" is far from BiS (e.g. missing IAS on both rings; Why MS instead dex on boots (13 * 5 = 65 vs. 650)?; etc...), but it is a nice guide nonetheless.

I also would like to know if Istvan's Paired Blades (with Solanium in KC) could be better than S+TF+FD.

The section "Stat Priorities per Gear Slot" is far from BiS (e.g. missing IAS on both rings; Why MS instead dex on boots (13 * 5 = 65 vs. 650)?; etc...), but it is a nice guide nonetheless.

I also would like to know if Istvan's Paired Blades (with Solanium in KC) could be better than S+TF+FD.

At some point stacking into IAS when you're consistently pushing the AS limits through the Flying Dragon procs and the IAS already present on other pieces seems excessive to me. (Thus the recommendation for socket/ChC/CDR/Vit on the rings.) I guess it can be argued in the place of the CDR rolls, if you trust the Cyclone Strike spam for Obsidian Ring resets enough.

Istvan's does not compare favorably - you are (usually) tough enough to drop that armor bonus, and you get more AS from the Flying D.

Hi Guys,

I noticed that you have Inna's Temperance for the Boots. I believe you meant Inna's Sandals.

Thanks Again for the great guides!

Hi Guys,

I noticed that you have Inna's Temperance for the Boots. I believe you meant Inna's Sandals.

Thanks Again for the great guides!

Woops! Thanks for pointing it out :)

Guest Nicholas

Just curious If your running three pieces of Inna's set why assign mantra to a button isn't the point of running Inna's set to get all 4 mantra's?

Just curious If your running three pieces of Inna's set why assign mantra to a button isn't the point of running Inna's set to get all 4 mantra's?

RoRG gives you 4-set + you want one of the mantras active effect

Guest Someone

Is there any particular reason why some monks use diamonds instead of amethysts in weapon sockets? I saw that on the leaderboards in 4 players group.

Guest phl0w

Is there any particular reason why some monks use diamonds instead of amethysts in weapon sockets? I saw that on the leaderboards in 4 players group.

I'm far from being a top monk. However, gemming is usually a min-maxing affair, and the gems one uses need to be considered in the context of the rest of his gear rolls. I'd refrain from copying gem choices (or passives, for that matter) from top ladder guys. It's all a matter of context, and more often than not situational. Don't forget that even the top ladder players don't run 100% items, and neither do their partners. It's a matter of knowing both your potential, and playing with what synergizes best.

The reason for this is unfortunate and simple: Life on Hit gems (as well as any other DoTs and small calculations) tend to lag the game in the absolute highest GRs, certainly in 90+. When doing GR100+ I have personally stopped using gems in weapons, removed Area Damage in paragons, and stay away from any DoT gems (Pain Enhancer, Efficacious Toxin) for this very reason.

Guest Artemis

Hi guys, 

Love the guide, though I have one question..

Is it normal to breeze through the rift then have a hard time on the rift guardian?

My friend and I have been playing monk/wizard 2 player throughout the season and have reached GR72 using monk: Inna's EP and Wizard: Arcane Orbs. we now reach the Rift Guardian of say GR69 with 4 minutes remaining and then struggle to kill it due to not enough health globes dropping to keep the wizard topped up and casting. any advice would be cool.

Hi guys, 

Love the guide, though I have one question..

Is it normal to breeze through the rift then have a hard time on the rift guardian?

My friend and I have been playing monk/wizard 2 player throughout the season and have reached GR72 using monk: Inna's EP and Wizard: Arcane Orbs. we now reach the Rift Guardian of say GR69 with 4 minutes remaining and then struggle to kill it due to not enough health globes dropping to keep the wizard topped up and casting. any advice would be cool.

Heya! I can see health globes becoming an issue in 2 mans; the support Barbarian is better at globe generation, the monk is mostly assisting him in bigger parties. Consider a 3 man group, or switching yourself! smile.png

Guest Calegola

Heyho,

i would like to know, is sledge fist not an option as off-hand ? with it's 30-50% chance of stun its incredible useful if using the crippling wave. or do i miss anything?

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Diablo community manager Nevalistis took to the forums to explain why Season 19, the Season of Eternal Conflict, won't be following suit with the previous to seasons and will be releasing a little later.

In short, the devs decided they needed at least a week between patch and season launches to be able to properly address any issues that come up. The other important bit of news is that we'll be getting the season 19 preview blog tomorrow, where we'll also find out when the exact start date will be - presumably some time between Tuesday and Friday next week. We also found out that there may be more tweaks between the patch and season this time around.
      Meanwhile, as we wait for the season to start, here are the official patch 2.6.7 patch notes.
      Possible Tweaks Before Season 19 Start (source)
      Possibly. I have a meeting with the team later this afternoon, and if something comes out of that, I’ll be back to let you all know.

Season 19 Release Date (source)
      It won’t be this Friday, and I’d like to take a moment to explain why.
      Early during Patch 2.6.7’s development, our engineering team raised concerns about the extremely small window in between patch launch and season launch. In short, they were concerned that, as often happens in software development, if something critically breaks with deployment of the patch, they might not have time to resolve it before the Season launches globally. Three days isn’t very long to create, test, and deploy a hotfix, assuming we receive reports of it quickly enough (and it’s actually less time - it’s closer to a little more than 2 days as the season launches at 5PM Friday in each region, and that occurs on Thursday our time for players in Asia).
      We decided the compromise was to have at least one week downtime between patch deployment and season start. That gives us a more forgiving window to address critical issues, should they arise, and we plan to continue using this format moving forward to ensure we’re launching each Season in as strong and stable a state as possible. It also allows us to provide a more reliable Season start date going forward.
      Communication this time around was lackluster, and that lands on me. I overestimated the amount of work I was capable of getting done in a very short, inflexible window. For that, you have my apology, and my team’s already making changes and adjustments to better address that for future Seasons.
      The Season preview blog is coming tomorrow, come hell or high water, which is what I’m currently putting the finishing touches on. ? That will include the Season start date. In the future, that blog will ideally land before patch launch (as it has in the past), which should give most of you a larger window for planning your Season start plans like taking time off or scheduling play time with a group. I’m taking ownership on and improving the things I have control over, and trying to plan better around those I do not.
      I love my Diablo community, and will always strive to do whatever I can to improve things for everyone.

Related Diablo 3 articles
      Patch 2.6.7 and Season 19 Patch Notes + S19 Not Starting on Friday
      Lilith's Embrace Wings in Diablo III for Virtual Ticket Holders
      New Lamentation Barbarian Legendary Nerfed, Blizzard Responds
      Era Ending with Patch 2.6.7 + Season 19 Probable Start
    • By Starym
      Update: The patch is now live on all platforms.
      While the patch itself hasn't arrived yet on PC, due to some issues still being worked out, it is live on consoles and should be up shorty on PC as well. We also got word that we'll find out the S19 start date later this week and that it is NOT coming this Friday, but we'll find out when it is coming in this week's season preview.

We do however, have the patch notes, with some big changes from the ones we saw on the PTR! The big changes from the PTR are the Barbarian Lamentation legendary power (150-200% Rend damage) being reverted, the Crusader and Monk set bonuses have been significantly changed, the the seasonal killstreak numbers were modified and we got more new legendary powers, as well as some reverted. The patch also adds the Lilith wings from the Virtual BlizzCon ticket!
      PC Patch Delay, Season Blues (source)
      Yep - patch notes will be up shortly (next few minutes here).
      While Consoles have Patch 2.6.7 right now, PC is still in the process of being deployed globally. We have one last issue to work out and as soon as that smooths over, 2.6.7 will be released world-wide on all platforms.
      Thanks for your patience!
                  So reading between the lines, season 19 is 100% not starting this Friday then?
      Not this Friday, no.
      That’s coming in the Season Preview blog, which will be later this week.
      I’ve been working on getting all these communications through approvals and localization since last week. It’s coming, guys. I know it’s later than normal, and I wish it could have been a lot smoother this time around. It’s a process I normally have down to a science.
      There were a lot more mitigating factors this time around that caused delays, and that lands on me. Some were controllable, most were not. I’m aiming to get that communication out Thursday, so long as I get everything back and delivered that’s needed.
      Thanks for your understanding. It’s been a rough couple of weeks, and I know you’re all eager to hit the ground running in S19.

2.6.7 Patch Notes (source)
      Below you will find the patch notes for the most recent update for Diablo III, Patch 2.6.7. Changes from the PTR have been highlighted in RED.
      Last updated November 12 @ 10:00 a.m. PST.
      Below you will find the patch notes for the most recent update for Diablo III, Patch 2.6.7.
      PATCH 2.6.7
      Table of Contents:
      General Seasons Items Monsters Bug Fixes Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated. Please note that PTR is only available for PC and Mac users.
      General
      Greater Rift Keystones are now subject to vacuum pick-up A note regarding the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) has been added to the Options -> Privacy menu, clearly stating we do not sell account information. For more information regarding the CCPA, please see here (Console Only). Return to Top Seasons
      Developer Note: One of the biggest pieces of feedback from Season 18's buff was that the Triune bonus didn't stick with your character while you adventured. With Season 19, we've altered course as well as upped the ante by experimenting with new mechanics to add an element of both chaos and power to the battlefield. It should feel a bit like Pandemonium, and it may be a consideration whether or not you want to reset your total kill streak for a particular killstreak bonus versus continuously maintain the overall effect (especially as the highest level killstreak rewards will be harder to leverage in situations like Greater Rifts). Killstreaks with higher kill count requirements are more powerful, and we're looking forward to seeing what players think of and do with them! The buff for Season 19, the Season of Eternal Conflict, has been added Pandemonium For the duration of the Season, all players will have a stacking buff that that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds Each stack gives .005 movement speed and .001% bonus damage. This bonus caps at 50% movement and 100% damage (1000 stacks) In addition, after reaching a certain number of kills in a row, a power is unleashed, dealing an amount of scaling damage based on player level and difficulty or Greater Rift level: 15 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy 30 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies 50 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky 100 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed 150 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies 200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky 300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything 400 Kills: Meteors hail from above 500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause Angels should no longer one-shot Rift Guardians. 1000 Kills: ??? Powers are tracked at a group level; this means only one power can be active in play at a time, regardless of the number of players in a group Two new Seasonal rewards are available for players who fully complete the Season 19 Journey: the Valor Portrait Frame and the Angelic Treasure Goblin pet Lilith's Embrace: This exclusive pair of cosmetic wings are now available for all players who purchased a Virtual Ticket. Hail Lilith. (PC Only) Return to Top Items
      Developer Note: With Patch 2.6.7, we are beginning to roll out new class sets for every class in Diablo III. For the Season of Valor, we're focusing on the two classes that embody the Light and wield some form of Holy elemental damage: Crusader and Monk. You'll also find a handful of retuned or newly added Legendary powers intended to synergize with the new class sets. We did a lot of community research into which skills were most requested by players as well as most underrepresented in current builds, and we hope you're as excited as we are for these new gameplay options. The other class sets will be coming in later patches, so if your class isn't represented this time around, fret not—they're coming in a future patch! You'll also notice a significant number of Barbarian item changes in this patch. While the Barbarian class set will be coming at a later date, we have very much heard the War Cry from our dedicated Barbarian community and implemented a number of changes heavily inspired by extremely thorough feedback. While not every suggestion has been taken at a 1:1 parity, the thoughtful analysis helped guide us to changes we could implement in this patch. Thanks very much to the community members who expressed their concerns in a respectful, constructive manner. It's very helpful, and we greatly appreciate the thought and effort that went into making your voices heard! New Crusader Set: Aegis of Valor 2-Piece Bonus: The charged bolts from Fist of the Heavens has a chance to cast another Fist of the Heavens Attacking with Fist of the Heavens empowers you, allowing Heaven's Fury to deal 100% increased damage for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times (multiplicative). 4-Piece Bonus: Hitting with Fist of the Heavens generates 5 Wrath and reduces damage taken by 1% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 50 times 6-Piece Bonus: Increase the damage of Fist of the Heavens and Heaven's Fury by 10,000% 20,000% Developer's Note: Thank you so much for your thorough feedback and testing on the 2.6.7 PTR! We decided to add Heaven's Fury to the mix based on popular request as well as because we agree that it matches the theme and adds more gameplay complexity. There is also still room for tweaks and additional iteration in the future, and we're glad we were able to introduce a set so many of you are excited to use! New Monk Set: Patterns of Justice 2-Piece Bonus: Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune and movement speed is increased by 5% for each stack of Sweeping Wind. 4-Piece Bonus: Each enemy within Sweeping Wind increases your movement speed by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times. Attacking with Tempest Rush reduces your damage taken by 50% and increases Spirit Regeneration by 50. 6-Piece Bonus: Hitting with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active will temporarily increase the size of Sweeping Wind after hitting over 30 times within a short period. Sweeping Wind damage is increased by 10,000% 15,000% Developer's Note: Thank you so much for your thorough feedback and testing on the 2.6.7 PTR! We heard Monk requests for additional damage reduction and to better integrate Tempest Rush as a skill. We hope the result makes for a more survivable and engaging build that still captures that rush of Holy Justice sweeping through crowds of dastardly demons. Darklight Fist of the Heavens has a [45-60%] 100% chance to be cast twice. Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Fist of the Heavens by [200-250%][800-1000%]. Eye of the Storm New Legendary Power: When Sweeping Wind hits exactly 1 enemy, its damage is increased by 100%. Developer's Note: With the redesign of Patterns of Justice, there was less need for this item's introduction. We've removed it for now and may consider adding it (or possibly a different Legendary power) at a later date. Vengeful Wind Increases the maximum stack count of Sweeping Wind by [6-7] 10 Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Sweeping Wind by [250-300%] [600-800%]. Won Khim Lau New Legendary Power: Hitting with Tempest Rush will activate Cyclone Strike, and both skills deal [500-600%] increased damage. Chantodo's Resolve The scaled attack speed damage bonus to Wave of Destruction has been reduced Developer Note: This is a reactive adjustment from an earlier change to how Wave of Destruction receives a bonus from Attack Speed. The buff that resulted from that change was more than we expected, so we're reigning it in. Wrath of the Wastes 6-Piece Bonus: The damage bonus now also applies to Rend Lamentation Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Rend by [150-200%] Developer Note: While we were very happy with how much better Barbarians are performing, we are concerned we may have overshot it. By removing just one silo'd addition, we can observe how the class performance goes for Season 19 and consider re-adding this change in the future. Remember we still have a patch coming up where Barb will be one of the focused classes, so there will be plenty of time to revisit if necessary! Ambo's Pride New Legendary Power: Attacking with Whirlwind also applies Rend and the total damage of Rend is dealt over 1 second Remorseless Hammer of the Ancients has a [25-30%] chance to summon an Ancient for 20 seconds New Legendary Power: While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals [200-250%] more damage. Fjord Cutter You are surrounded by a Chilling Aura when attacking. New Legendary Power: Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and also deals 100-150% increased damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies Bracers of Destruction Seismic Slam deals [400-500%] increased damage to the first 5 10 enemies it hits. Fury of the Ancients Call of the Ancients gains the effect of the Ancients' Fury rune and your Ancients attack 100% faster Bone Ringer Now has a cap of 60 stacks. Developer Note: We never intended for this item to be used in a way where you farm stacks for an egregious amount of time (5+ minutes) and then watch all their health disappear in less than a second. It's not an engaging style of gameplay, and we don't want that experience to be the best way to play the Necromancer. Legacy of Dreams This gem is now more likely to drop from a Greater Rift Guardian Return to Top Monsters
      Blighter Blighter's Poison Tentacles' Area of Effect now hits less frequently, but at higher damage, when attacking players Return to Top Bug Fixes
      Wizard Archon Fixed an issue where certain item bonuses (such as from the item Deathwish) would persist between changing forms to/from Archon Developer's Note: A few patches ago, we stated we were going to continue to observe Bazooka Wizard to see its performance over time. Back then, we thought it would require a high level of skill to execute that would make it relatively less utilized as a hard, but rewarding, gameplay option. That hasn't been the case, as many feel it's too mandatory. In the context of this and other changes (like Bone Ringer and Chantodo's), we think it makes sense to make this change now. Spite Fixed an issue where casting Restless Giant would cause the 200% physical bonus damage to fail to apply when the Gargantuan enraged Squirt's Necklace Fixed an issue where some ground effects were causing the Squirt's Necklace buff to fall off despite being shielded Return to Top The patch is here and the notes are significantly changed sine the PTR.

Related Diablo 3 articles
      Lilith's Embrace Wings in Diablo III for Virtual Ticket Holders
      New Lamentation Barbarian Legendary Nerfed, Blizzard Responds
      Era Ending with Patch 2.6.7 + Season 19 Probable Start

• By Starym
      UPDATE: The patch is now live with many changes from the PTR notes, and Season 19 will NOT be coming this Friday. Check out more details and the full patch notes here.

We'll be seeing an end to the current Diablo 3 Era when patch 2.6.7 aka Season 19 arrives, meaning  the main, non-seasonal, leaderboards will reset. As for when exactly the patch will arrive, the safe bet is this Friday, November 15th, as that's how long the between-season downtime has been for the past two seasons.

Season 19, the season of Eternal Conflict, will feature a new system of combos, where you'll get a specific effect trigger after a specific killstreak, as well as a flat damage and move speed buff, stacking  up to 1000 kills. We'll also get new Crusader and Monk sets, new legendary items/powers and a lot more!  Check out the patch notes from the PTR for all the info, as we still wait for the official ones to release:
      Patch 2.6.7 (Season 19) full patch notes (PTR)

Era End (source)
      With the major balance changes and new class sets being introduced in Patch 2.6.7, we’ll be ending the current Era and beginning the next with the deployment of our next patch.
      For more information on Eras and our philosophy around them, please refer to this blog post . Thanks for your participation, and we’ll see you in Patch 2.6.7!
      And in case you forgot just what exactly Eras were and what they do, here's the post explaining it:
      Eras (source)
      Hi, everybody. Wyatt Cheng here again with a second installment of Developer Chronicles. Today, let’s discuss Eras.
      When we introduced Seasons to Diablo III, we also debuted "Eras." The thinking was that while the seasonal leaderboard would naturally reset every season, there would be some players who would want the non-seasonal leaderboard to reset periodically as well. There is a certain excitement associated with a fresh leaderboard—a sense that you could maybe see your own name up there at the beginning of an Era. It can also be disheartening to see somebody who is not currently playing the game hold a top position on a leaderboard long after the record was set.
      As Diablo III has evolved, it has become clear in hindsight that while the fresh excitement is there, it doesn’t last very long. First, the Era leaderboard is not something you "climb." If you are capable of achieving a particular Greater Rift tier, you're likely able to replicate that performance, or very close to it, at the very start of a new Era. Second, between patch changes, item buffs, and Paragon levels, there is built-in power growth over time—the concern of somebody holding a high Era ranking long after they've quit hasn’t really materialized.
      Eras Going Forward
      It has been our plan for some time to stop advancing the Era count every time a new season occurs. Expect that to be the norm moving forward. We are looking to move Eras to be 6–12 months in length.
      Besides simply allowing Eras to be 6–12 months long, there is an additional circumstance in which we feel an Era reset will still be warranted: when we expect that the highest attainable Greater Rift is going to go down. As an example, in patch 2.4.2, we made changes to the Twisted Sword, Energy Twister, and crowd control mechanics that caused the highest cleared Greater Rift to go down. When we have strong reason to believe the highest cleared Greater Rift will significantly drop, we do need to advance the Era to keep the non-seasonal leaderboard from going stale. Though this was the case in 2.4.2, expect Eras to advance less frequently moving forward.
      This brings us to a related question. When an Era advances, is it done before a patch goes live or after? The answer to this depends on the intent of Eras. Previously we advanced an Era as soon as a Season ended. This was back when there were season-specific items. The Era would advance in order to record the state of the non-seasonal leaderboards before all the season-specific items were transitioned to non-seasonal. We no longer have season-specific items and there is greatly reduced value in trying to memorialize the leaderboards at that particular moment in time. However, when we expect patch changes to cause the previous top ranks to be difficult or impossible to beat, it makes more sense to advance the Era AFTER the patch has gone live. Advancing the Era before the patch goes live would cause some players to lock in high ranks that become unbeatable once the patch hits. Advancing after the patch goes live allows players in the new Era to compete in a fresh environment based on the balance of the current live patch.
      To summarize, seasons are for those who want a recurring fresh experience; Eras should represent periods of time closer to a year.
    • By Starym
      There was a change to the PTR version of patch 2.6.7 in the client that was at BlizzCon, with the new legendary power for Lamentation being taken off - meaning the 200% buff to Rend is no longer on the item at all. This caused a lot of discussion and complaint from the barbarian community, started by well known barb advocate Free, and today we finally got a response on the matter from Nevalistis, the Diablo community manager.
      In short, the buff will not be there when the patch releases because they felt it was too strong, but Barbarians will get a tuning pass at a later date, as they're doing for Crusaders and Monks this season (with a new set etc). 
      Lamentation Buff Removed (source)
      Okay, time for me to be unpopular. All part of the job, though. Hang tight, this is gonna be wordy.
      We did, indeed, remove the Lamentation bonus in the release client build for Patch 2.6.7, which was the build that streamers and BlizzCon attendees were shown on the show floor. In an ideal world, I would have had a chance to contextualize this change before the convention. Unfortunately, I did not have that opportunity between my other job duties for the show and titles I support (including Diablo IV and Diablo Immortal, both which had presence at the show).
      Normally, when a change like this happens, I find it when I’m updating patch notes for release. This process didn’t occur until last Thursday, after I got back from the show and being home sick from a chest cold I’m still fighting off. My next step is to go to the developers, have some back and forth, and find out insights and intention behind the change. I add that to the patch notes, get it reviewed for accuracy, then come and make a post as soon as I can. That’s where we are right now.
      That’s all just background. Here’s what you came to read, and is what you’ll find in the patch notes once 2.6.7 launches:
      We’re trying to set up Barbarian to be in a better place with more individual knobs to turn so we can tune it better once we get to their new class set and balance pass. We actually want to maintain this process for all classes, too, so if you continue to have feedback on Monk and Crusader, keep it coming! There will always be opportunities to revisit any of these changes.
      It’s okay if you don’t like this answer. It’s awesome if you have feedback on it. And it’s the absolute best when you can present that feedback respectfully and constructively. I’ve seen a lot of that, and I’m grateful for it—I only wish I could reply to all of it!
      It’s taken a long time to get to this point. We’ve gone through many phases of balance for every class, and there have been ups and downs for everyone. Balance is nearly never a perfect process with a perfect end, and sometimes, no end at all. I’ve said it often before, and I will say it again: we’re not done yet. There’s more Diablo III left to come, and we’re going to continue to read your feedback, play the game, and bring updates to keep you sated in Sanctuary for as long as possible.
      RE: Communication being limited - I’ve kind of already touched on this, but I’m being as present as I can be. BlizzCon and Diablo III’s production schedule lined up in an unfortunate way (and getting sick didn’t help matters), but you have my personal commitment to being as communicative as I can be around patches and PTRs specifically. I wish I could have fulfilled this better around 2.6.7—it just wasn’t possible with the other priorities I had to fulfill.
      I won’t make excuses, but I will continue to do my best, and I’m grateful for an understanding, passionate community that I saw the best of just a little over a week ago. It was wonderful to see so many of you in person, to finally share my excitement for the future in an honest and open way, and I hope you enjoy the other things we have in store in Diablo III and beyond.
      Now, back to work for me. ?
      You should also really read the original post by Free, as it pretty clearly states why this change is problematic and where Barbs are right now in the meta.

Header image source: Andrew Kuzinskiy.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Maliwan Bottomless Mags guide for Moze.