6 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.
The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.
Thank you for your time reading this.
I've been looking to level a new class but I'm not quite sure what to level. I currently have a monk, fury warrior, and Demon Hunter. I'm looking for a class that has little to no downtime and a decent amount of survivablity, mobility, as well as an even amount of single target and multiple target damage abilities. Don't really mind if its a hybrid class because i dont might healing every once in a while.
Thanks for your help!
Hello, I'd like to recieve feedback on my lock's deck.
I was away from hearthstone since the expansion before kobolds and catacombs so it has been a while. I don't have much cards from the kobolds and monsters; but still here's my deck which is fun to play.
Any suggestions on how to improve this one?
The strategy is simple; using the deathrattle minions to kill them with the other warlock's minions, and using demons so DK Gul'dan can revive them.
2x Blood Imp 2x Fire Fly 1x Glacial Shard 1x Leper Gnome 2x Sanguine Reveler 1x Voidwalker 1x Defile 2x Demonfire 2x Volatile Elemental 1x Deathspeaker 2x Devilsaur Egg 1x Tar Creeper 1x Unwilling Sacrifice 1x Void Terror 1x Dark Iron Dwarf 1x Hellfire 1x Pit Lord 2x Ravenous Pterrordax 2x Despicable Dreadlord 1x Doomguard 1x Twisting Nether 1x Bloodreaver Gul'dan Thanks in advance.
I'm not entirely sure what I am doing wrong that is getting me this result, but I am getting about a 30k dps difference on training dummy when I use a defile, clawing shadows, shadow infusion build than when I use the recommended talents. I left the rest of my talents unchanged and I have yet to see where the dps difference is coming from (arbiter or clawing shadows), but I'm very confused as to how this could happen. Links to armory and mrrobot below.
Defile damage breakdown, Arbiter damage breakdown
I felt like I had a harder time keeping my disease up and using coldheart on cooldown (or rather whenever at max stacks) with the arbiter build. Am I missing some key thing or do I just need to git gud? Thanks in advance for any help.
<Darkness Ascended> a guild who wants to have fun while downing content at a decent pace. Staying super focused during boss pulls but not afraid to have fun while doing so. We are active in and out of guild. Guildies love their mythic plus dungeons and their alt runs for ap/legendary drops. We are extremely helpful and inviting. We also play games outside of WoW such as League of Legends, Overwatch, Diablo III, Path of Exile, Starcraft, Hearthstone and more so there is never a dull moment with us!
- We reside on Hyjal server(PvE) which is well populated without wait queues
- Very active discord server with Raidbots skip-the-queue feature for all guildies to run sims, top gear, stat weights, etc along with a music bot to share your taste with friends
- Fun guild events held throughout the week including older Legion raid clears for leggos and M+ Fridays (consistent high keys!)
- We maintain a focused and calm atmosphere throughout the raid in order to be effective with the 6 hours a week we are given together
- Wed & Sat 7:00pm - 10:00pm (PST)
- WoW Progress: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Darkness+Ascended
- Raider.io: https://raider.io/guilds/us/hyjal/Darkness Ascended
- 9/9(N) 9/9(H) ToS
- 11/11(N) 5/11 (H) BT
What we expect
- Mature, dedicated individuals who are able to take jokes, have a great attitude, work well as a team & enjoy playing the game
- Show up prepared with gems/enchants/consumables
- Can dedicate to the raid schedule & give notice when absent
- Have raid awareness. They know not to stand in the fire!
- Those who can be objective and want to learn and grow with us as a team
- People who are not afraid to have constructive criticism, people in this guild have been raiding/have played multiple toons and know what they are talking about.
We will make exceptions for the right fit!!
- Druid: Resto, boomy and/or feral
- Priest: Shadow or holy (if you are a swing healer even better)
- Paladin: Retribution
- Death Knight: Frost or Unholy
- Demon Hunter: Havoc
When joining <Darkness Ascended> you should know
- We would like you to be at least the item level of 925+
- We do make exceptions for the right individual*
- We will try to have a conversations/try and get to know you a bit before even jumping into guild stuff, be prepared for this. If you are going to be part of this guild we may as well get familiar.
- As a trial you will be given equal loot priority after attending 2 consecutive raids
*What we mean by the right individual is we want everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves. We do not rude or negative vibes spread around the guild nor do we want the elitist mentality. We are all very capable of finding other guilds that may be farther progressed but we choose to stay for the environment and the people here. The guild contains of a special kind of WoW player, we are not causal but we are not hardcore either. It is a game, we treat it as such. If you are one of these special WoW gamers do not be afraid to contact us despite our needs! We love and want like minded individuals, social or raider.
Thank you for your interest!
Darkness Guild Master:
- Battle.net: Astirrays#1997
- Discord: Oreiya#7838