Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JasperMorseques

Trinket questions (Frost/Unholy)

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys!

Got a few simple but rather important questions for you dk's out there.

This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Morseques/simple

Currently I'm using these trinkets for each spec:

Unholy (Necroblight): Class trinket heroic + Unending Hunger mythic

Frost (Dw): Discordant Chorus + Empty Drinking Horn

With the Rumbling Pebble Mythic Warforged and the Horn of screaming spirits mythic in my bag.

Now here are my two questions.

1) Should I replace (and if only on a few fights, which?) my Discordant chorus heroic with the Rumbling Pebble Mythic warforged? Icyveins's trinket tier lists says the Rumbling Pebble is better but I'm unsure of on what point the DC passive will be better then the Rumbling Pebble's stats.

2) I don't have the Vial of Convulsive Shadows trinket so I currently dont play BoS. I've only beel playing Np (Necroblight). But I was recently asked if there's any other options to play (with not so much random aoe) where I dont use the class trinket. Is there and what trinkets should I use then? I was thinking Defile and then using Undending Hunger mythic + Empty Drinking Horn but will this be better then just rolling frost then?

Thanks guys!

1) For Frost, yes, Pebble does more damage than DC on a single target. 

2) Whether or not you have a Vial is irrelevant; BoS will always outperform NP on a single target as Unholy. And assuming you play it well and have 4pc/legendary ring, BoS Unholy will do more damage than Frost on a single target. 

One small observation: if you use BoS and have the ring, make sure you (communicate with your group and) know when the ring is going to be used. You should be ready to use BoS and maintain it at least for the time when ring is active. That together with any other CD and / or Vial. It is a major waste to let BoS drop after short time if you get caught off guard with low RP. It is also major waste not to have any CDs to line up with the ring.

Follow up question guys.

I'm practicing BoS, like I said I currently Don't have the vial of Convulsive shadows yet. So i'm not 100% Sure of what trinkets would be optimal to use for BoS while waiting for the vial. I'm running with Undending hunger (I believe i always should) and I'm using Rumbling Pebble Mythic wf aswell. Now I'm not 100% if the Pebble is the best option. Any suggestions?

Follow up question guys.

I'm practicing BoS, like I said I currently Don't have the vial of Convulsive shadows yet. So i'm not 100% Sure of what trinkets would be optimal to use for BoS while waiting for the vial. I'm running with Undending hunger (I believe i always should) and I'm using Rumbling Pebble Mythic wf aswell. Now I'm not 100% if the Pebble is the best option. Any suggestions?

For now that is fine. Running high level BOS increasing multistrike/attack is your highest priority so the drinking horn, chorus, and class trinket aren't desired. once you can get vial replace pebble :)

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sebisoy
      Hello everyone, I am conducting some personal research on WoW, specifically why people choose the primary character that they do. To answer this question, I have come up with several questions I would like to research, and hopefully gain valuable feedback. Please feel free to respond to as many of the questions below, as they will be very beneficial to the results of my research! Thank you all!
      What character did you choose as your primary?
      Why did you choose this character?
      What do you enjoy doing most in WoW? Why?
      Does your character choice reflect what you like to do in WoW? If so, how? If not, why not?
      What do you enjoy doing outside of playing WoW?
      Please respond right on this post! All of those responding, I can't thank you enough for your willingness to participate.
    • By okram
      Coming back after a very very long time. Was wondering where I can see which classes are currently performing best in terms of dps in raids/ mythic +
       I have an Outlaw, Survival, Havoc, and Frost DK - I really like all equally honestly and I would like to be taken on raids and perform well with a class that can be able to put those numbers to help with progression. 

TLDR; where can I find reliable and accurate/ up to date DPS ranking and charts?
    • By Matix
      Hello guys,
      I have been having trouble with my toon... For some reason my DPS outside of Metamorphosis is really, REALLY low. Like 400k whereas I'm overall 900iLevel.
      You can look up my Armory here:
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emeriss/Xymeria/simple
      If the link does not work, please check me out Xymeria-Emeriss - Europe.
      I have all of the pieces the Top Demon hunters in Wowprogress do, except a little bit lower iLevel and maybe some improvements can be done to my Gloves and Boots, I hadn't had much luck with legendaries ( I have the defensive DH chest, Burning Fist Trinket and the last one I got is the Cascading Eyes ( Head ) - I don't have the Ring which EVERYONE BUT ME HAS....
      I'm having huge issues with generating enough fury to dish out enough DPS. I have enough Crit and Mastery, my haste is a little low, but not that much. 
      When I'm in Meta, Nemesis and Artifact are on.. I dish out around 1300. But without meta it's all downhill from there.
      Please give me some advise on how to improve my DPS.
    • By Aquais

Greetings,

What We're Looking For:
      We're looking for a few more players who are mature, with a good sense of humor and patience. Insurgency is a guild who prides itself on having a good time while downing content. Our members are important to us and we're looking for people who share the same views, are prepared for raids, know the current content, and are willing to work as a member of our team. We do not tolerate drama or pettiness; we find it a must to maintain an atmosphere where people are comfortable and happy. Many of us are military or prior military and that bond has keep this guild going strong for many years. Jobs and real life always come first and we strive to be a guild that can bring balance and then fun of raiding without the major time investment of playing 12+hours per week.
      A Bit About Us:
      We are a group of people who have been raiding together for a very long time. We tend to be a close knit bunch who enjoy having a good time both in and out of raids. We have been going strong with a 5man mythic plus group since Legion launched, but our ranks have grown and we would like to expand our 10man roster team. 

Top needs - all are welcome, but ideally we would like: 
      Tank with dps offspec, healer with dps offspec

http://www.insurgencyguild.com
      Raid Times:
      Wednesday - 7:30PM -10PM PST
      Sunday - 7:00PM - 9:00PM PST
      Currently Recruiting:
      Contact any of the officers for more info:
      Guild Leader: Aquais
      Other officers: Nuudle, Rejuvenatron, Metaer
    • By Ocebard
      Hey all! I need some help with my dps, Im 884 ilvl and only do 350-400k dps overall on fights in Nighthold, even on dummy. 
      I just changed to BoS build so I have to practice, but it feels imossible to get more out of him. Im a bit off at stats and havent got legendary belt, ring or set bonus. Atm I have 25% Crit but only 15% haste :-/ Simcraft says 325 dps... about 360 with Glacial advance build.
      Here is a log from Krosus
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2maWdcvFDwtyQAz6#fight=23&view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=6
      Here is my Armory 
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Ocebard/simple