FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
bixtape

Whats happening? (Hunter fans)

So guys before starting to yell at me and call me huntard , i want to let u know that i love hunter and i will keep playing it . So the problem is that in the past few days i have the feeling that the midrange deck/ face agro deck is not working anymore . I've dropped like 6 ranks for 3-4 days , because suddenly my deck is extremely weaker than my oppononets? Whats happening i reached rank 6 and then i dropped so fast i cant even believe it ? Is the meta changed? Buffed some cards  / nerfed hunter cards? These are the decks im using currently - https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/legendary-hunter-midrange-brm-deck and photo. Help , please?!

Edited by positiv2

The current meta has many decks that are favoured against hunter and that is why you have such a low winrate. This meta strongly favours mages, druids and paladins. Now especially with LoE being released, hunter will be worse and worse against anti-aggro cards such as Reno.

The current meta has many decks that are favoured against hunter and that is why you have such a low winrate. This meta strongly favours mages, druids and paladins. Now especially with LoE being released, hunter will be worse and worse against anti-aggro cards such as Reno.

What is Loe :D ? And are u trying to say that in the past 3-4 days this meta happened and thats why i get rekt so much? I dont really mind reno as ive faced it so many times reaching rank 6 4 days ago and i dont really care if i have to play midrange instead of face agro . I'm trying to addapt my deck almost everyday so it stays strong , but there aren't updates on decks for hunters (mostly here in icy veins where i copy most of the decks) What do u suggest i do? Wait till better deck is released and not play ranked? Because honestly , ive spend so much time and resources to get proper hunter decks that i dont really have any other cards for different class.

What is Loe biggrin.png ? And are u trying to say that in the past 3-4 days this meta happened and thats why i get rekt so much? I dont really mind reno as ive faced it so many times reaching rank 6 4 days ago and i dont really care if i have to play midrange instead of face agro . I'm trying to addapt my deck almost everyday so it stays strong , but there aren't updates on decks for hunters (mostly here in icy veins where i copy most of the decks) What do u suggest i do? Wait till better deck is released and not play ranked? Because honestly , ive spend so much time and resources to get proper hunter decks that i dont really have any other cards for different class.

What I'm saying is that the meta is slowing down. Hunters didn't get any new nice cards whereas the other classes got strong cards. Reno is out and there are pro decks made around him already. The meta will start shifting after some time and we will see how.

• Like 1

LoE stands for League of Explorers. I agree that Reno Jackson has single-handedly slowed down the meta. The first time I played against him I wasn't expecting it. I was playing the aggressor against what I thought was a traditional handlock. I had my opponent down to one life and thought I had the game won on my next turn. They played Reno, gained 29 health, and slowly won the game as I ran out of resources first.... Oh well, you can't win them all. Gotta love Hearthstone. smile.png

• Like 1

LoE stands for League of Explorers. I agree that Reno Jackson has single-handedly slowed down the meta. The first time I played against him I wasn't expecting it. I was playing the aggressor against what I thought was a traditional handlock. I had my opponent down to one life and thought I had the game won on my next turn. They played Reno, gained 29 health, and slowly won the game as I ran out of resources first.... Oh well, you can't win them all. Gotta love Hearthstone. smile.png

Yeh same situation , but with the difference that a mage duplicated it and did it 2 more times + that dragon that sets to 15 hp and at the end i lost with doing him 100 dmg :X

Agreed.  I have a hunter face deck with no legendaries that I've been fairly successful with (Rank 10), but lately Mage just seems to have so many OP cards.  Haven't had too much trouble with Reno, but when are hunters going to get some love?  Mages with the coin have a distinct advantage.   We all know Blizz developers are in love with their mages, but c'mon already.

Here's the deck I'm using:

Hunter's Mark 

Webspinner X 2

Bear Trap X 2

Explorer's Hat

Snake Trap

Haunted Creeper X 2

Ironbeak Owl

Knife Juggler X 2

Mad Scientist X 2

Eaglehorn Longbow

Animal Companion X 2

Deadly Shot

Kill Command X 2

Unleash the Hounds X 2

Houndmaster X 2

Oasis Snapjaw

Piloted Shredder X 2

Ram Wrangler

Savannah Highmane X 2

Any constructive comments or suggestions would be welcomed.

Edited by Marxbadd

i feel kind of genius with this deck i made up, it feels evil.. and yet so fun. i call it Rattle Trap.

Trackingx2

Leaper Gnomex2

Undertakerx2

Bear Trapx1

Explorer's Hatx2

Explosive Trapx1

Feign Deathx2

Freezing Trapx1

Misdirectionx1

Snipex1

Haunted Creeperx2

Loot Hoarderx2

Mad Scientistx2

Nerubian Eggx2

Baron Rivendarex1

Cult Masterx2

Piloted Shredderx2

Toshleyx1

Sneed's Old Shredderx1

I have won a lot with this, i feel like it could go meta. i hope you guys like it. -Seminole

• Like 1

Agreed.  I have a hunter face deck with no legendaries that I've been fairly successful with (Rank 10), but lately Mage just seems to have so many OP cards.  Haven't had too much trouble with Reno, but when are hunters going to get some love?  Mages with the coin have a distinct advantage.   We all know Blizz developers are in love with their mages, but c'mon already.

Hunter's Mark 

Webspinner X 2

Bear Trap X 2

Explorer's Hat

Snake Trap

Haunted Creeper X 2

Ironbeak Owl

Knife Juggler X 2

Mad Scientist X 2

Eaglehorn Longbow

Animal Companion X 2

Deadly Shot

Kill Command X 2

Unleash the Hounds X 2

Houndmaster X 2

Oasis Snapjaw

Piloted Shredder X 2

Ram Wrangler

Savannah Highmane X 2

I think this is a sound deck! You're obviously going all-in with the beast synergy as you've included Ram Wrangler, a somewhat inconsistent card but one that can be very powerful and can turn the game around for you. You've chosen excellent secrets for the beast synergy as Bear Trap and Snake Trap summon beasts.

I have only a couple of thoughts:

1) How is the Explorer's Hat working out for you? I haven't experimented with this card so you are in a better position to decide if it's working well or not. I think this card can potentially be powerful if the game goes long enough and you have enough extra mana to play it multiple times, but I also fear that it can be very slow and can hurt your tempo.

2) You may want to consider replacing Oasis Snapjaw. He can become very powerful with the buff from Houndmaster, but having to rely on the buff makes him situational, and aside from that he is underwhelming compared to the 4-drops your opponent will likely be playing. Snapjaw and Houndmaster are also competing for the same mana slot (along with Piloted Shredder) meaning getting the buff on Snapjaw would have to be a turn 5 or later play. This may lead to mana inefficiencies and may lose you tempo (although giving Snapjaw a buff plus taunt can definitely get you the tempo back). Ideally you'll play Houndmaster on turn 4 to buff an early beast such as Haunted Creeper or one that comes out of a secret.

On the other hand, Oasis Snapjaw may stay alive a long time and thus give you good opportunities for Kill Command. Also, having a situational 4-drop is less of a problem here since you have two copies of Piloted Shredder which is pretty much always solid. Keep in mind that Houndmaster is also situational, but as long as you have Piloted Shredder by turn 4 you can wait to combo Houndmaster later in the game.

You could consider replacing the Snapjaw with more consistent 5-drop minions such as Loatheb, Sludge Belcher, or Stranglethorn Tiger. I would put in Dr. Boom if you have him, as I can't think of a better follow-up play to Savannah Highmane than Dr. Boom. biggrin.png

Edited by Darb

i feel kind of genius with this deck i made up, it feels evil.. and yet so fun. i call it Rattle Trap.

Trackingx2

Leaper Gnomex2

Undertakerx2

Bear Trapx1

Explorer's Hatx2

Explosive Trapx1

Feign Deathx2

Freezing Trapx1

Misdirectionx1

Snipex1

Haunted Creeperx2

Loot Hoarderx2

Mad Scientistx2

Nerubian Eggx2

Baron Rivendarex1

Cult Masterx2

Piloted Shredderx2

Toshleyx1

Sneed's Old Shredderx1

I have won a lot with this, i feel like it could go meta. i hope you guys like it. -Seminole

This looks like a fun deck! Playing for fun is the best way to play, and if you can win at the same time even better. wink.png Feign Death obviously combos well with everything in the deck, but I bet it gets great value with the Nerubian Eggs. No one will pop them voluntarily, so they should always be sitting on the board when you are ready for the Feign Death turn. Having so many different secrets is also fun. You get to watch everyone guess wrong...

Hunter's Mark 

Webspinner X 2

Bear Trap X 2

Explorer's Hat

Snake Trap

Haunted Creeper X 2

Ironbeak Owl

Knife Juggler X 2

Mad Scientist X 2

Eaglehorn Longbow

Animal Companion X 2

Deadly Shot

Kill Command X 2

Unleash the Hounds X 2

Houndmaster X 2

Oasis Snapjaw

Piloted Shredder X 2

Ram Wrangler

Savannah Highmane X 2

I have only a couple of thoughts:

1) How is the Explorer's Hat working out for you? I haven't experimented with this card so you are in a better position to decide if it's working well or not. I think this card can potentially be powerful if the game goes long enough and you have enough extra mana to play it multiple times, but I also fear that it can be very slow and can hurt your tempo.

2) You may want to consider replacing Oasis Snapjaw. He can become very powerful with the buff from Houndmaster, but having to rely on the buff makes him situational, and aside from that he is underwhelming compared to the 4-drops your opponent will likely be playing. Snapjaw and Houndmaster are also competing for the same mana slot (along with Piloted Shredder) meaning getting the buff on Snapjaw would have to be a turn 5 or later play. This may lead to mana inefficiencies and may lose you tempo (although giving Snapjaw a buff plus taunt can definitely get you the tempo back). Ideally you'll play Houndmaster on turn 4 to buff an early beast such as Haunted Creeper or one that comes out of a secret.

On the other hand, Oasis Snapjaw may stay alive a long time and thus give you good opportunities for Kill Command. Also, having a situational 4-drop is less of a problem here since you have two copies of Piloted Shredder which is pretty much always solid. Keep in mind that Houndmaster is also situational, but as long as you have Piloted Shredder by turn 4 you can wait to combo Houndmaster later in the game.

You could consider replacing the Snapjaw with more consistent 5-drop minions such as Loatheb, Sludge Belcher, or Stranglethorn Tiger. I would put in Dr. Boom if you have him, as I can't think of a better follow-up play to Savannah Highmane than Dr. Boom. biggrin.png

Thanks for the reply!!  With regard to the Explorer's hat, it has worked quite well, especially in mid-game when I can play it in combination with Houndmaster, or Unleash the Hounds or when Snake Trap procs, making those 1 damage minions into multiple 2 damage minions, helping with board control.  Definitely better with a Taunt minion though.

With regard to the Snapjaw, I've thought about replacing him, and haven't had the best luck with Dr. Boom.  Haven't experimented with Loatheb, but that would definitely be useful against the inevitable mage Flamestrike in turn 7.  Mainly I use it as a damage absorber/decoy (opponents need to pay attention to it if there's a possible buff follow up).

I may try your suggestions and see how that goes in unranked.  I've made it to rank 10 with this deck, and I'm proud of how many multi-legendary minion decks I've defeated with it, but there's always room for improvement.  Don't see how Desert Camel is really going to help hunters going forward, so a bit disappointed in Blizz with the LoE, but I play a hunter in WoW as well, so I'm used to getting no love.  :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply!!  With regard to the Explorer's hat, it has worked quite well, especially in mid-game when I can play it in combination with Houndmaster, or Unleash the Hounds or when Snake Trap procs, making those 1 damage minions into multiple 2 damage minions, helping with board control.  Definitely better with a Taunt minion though.

With regard to the Snapjaw, I've thought about replacing him, and haven't had the best luck with Dr. Boom.  Haven't experimented with Loatheb, but that would definitely be useful against the inevitable mage Flamestrike in turn 7.  Mainly I use it as a damage absorber/decoy (opponents need to pay attention to it if there's a possible buff follow up).

I may try your suggestions and see how that goes in unranked.  I've made it to rank 10 with this deck, and I'm proud of how many multi-legendary minion decks I've defeated with it, but there's always room for improvement.  Don't see how Desert Camel is really going to help hunters going forward, so a bit disappointed in Blizz with the LoE, but I play a hunter in WoW as well, so I'm used to getting no love.  smile.png

If Big Game Hunter is taking out your Dr. Boom all the time then I can see why you haven't had success with him. He's the only 7 power minion in your deck, and sometimes it's a good strategy to keep all minions below 7 to make your opponent's BGH useless. This obviously doesn't apply if BGH isn't common in the meta.

As I mentioned above, I think Stranglethorn Tiger could be a strong replacement for Snapjaw. It's not seen very often, but it's a solid body at 5/5 and is very hard to remove because it has stealth. As a beast he'll trigger your Kill Commands and can also be buffed by your Houndmasters (although that would move him to BGH range). Snapjaw needs the buff to be a threat, but Stranglethorn is always a threat, so I think he would make your deck more consistent. And Loatheb is always a great card, despite not helping your beast synergy here.

I'm glad you've had success with your deck and that you got to Rank 10! Keep it up and you'll soon get to single digits.