Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blainie

wow WoW Transmogrification Series: Firelands

3 posts in this topic

14949-wow-transmogrification-series-fire

Everyone has that one raid in World of Warcraft that they just love the aesthetics of. Our new series aims to provide you with cosmetic sets based on the themes of different raids in the game. Make sure you check out our first entry into the series: Firelands!

Before we begin, let's lay down some ground rules. We want every set to be equally usable by every class of that armour-type, in order to make this series as useful to everyone as possible. Let's take a look at our rules for the sets:

1. The gear should represent the main theme of the raid.
  2. Must contain at least one main piece of gear from the raid. Bracers, for example, do not count.
  3. No class-specific gear.
  4. No armour-type mixing.
  5. All gear must be transmogrification-friendly.
  6. All items must still be available in-game.

In order to keep a wide-range of opinions flowing, we're inviting you to also take part in our posts! We want you to enter in your best sets that follow the rules above. We'll select one for each theme and feature them in our next post.

We also want you to help us choose our next theme! If you have any great suggestions, make sure to put them below. It can be anything WoW-related that you want to see a post on!

If you're looking for inspiration or pieces of gear to finish off your sets, make sure to check out our Item Models section.

Plate Set 

As a predominantly plate-wearing player, I think it's appropriate to start off with our plate wearing classes: Death Knight, Warrior and Paladin. 

Throughout the game, there are so many beautiful fiery weapons to base our outfit on, but I think inv_mace_2h_sulfuras_d_01.jpgSulfuras, the Extinguished Hand is pretty perfect. We've combined that with the off-pieces of the Heroic Paladin tier set from Firelands.

3W4uAF0.png

I have never been a fan of the robe-style, so I've mixed it up a bit, using the Normal Warrior chest from Firelands. The arms details match the rest of the gear well, but a tabard is definitely needed to cover up the main chest area. We've gone with the inv_misc_tabardpvp_02.jpgTabard of Flame.

The Normal belt from the Paladin set doesn't quite match the colours of the rest of the set, so we've decided to use the inv_belt_11.jpgShattered Hand Belt. It's simple, yet still looks great with the set.

You can find the full set list here.

If you are looking for alternative weapons, consider these:

inv_sword_2h_draenorchallenge_d_01.jpgGreatsword of the Inferno - WoD Gold Challenge Modes.

inv_sword_2h_deathwingraiddw_d_01.jpgGurthalak, Voice of the Deeps - Madness of Deathwing, Dragon Soul Normal.

inv_sword_134.jpgFiresoul - Flame Leviathan, Ulduar Normal 10-man.

inv_axe_12.jpgCrul'shorukh, Edge of Chaos - Nefarian, Blackwing Lair.

inv_sword_01.jpgBlade of Wizardry - World Drop.

inv_shield_01.jpgThe Fel Barrier - Nexus-Prince Shaffar, Heroic Mana-Tombs.

inv_shield_firelandsraid_d_01.jpgWard of the Red Widow - Beth'tilac, Firelands.

Mail Set

Our Mail set is going to be focusing on the Shaman lookalike set from Firelands Normal, but with a slight twist. Instead of the basic helmet, which is unavailable to other classes, we're going to be using the inv_helmet_45.jpgMalefactor's Eyepatch. If you'd like a more fiery look, you can also use inv_crown_02.jpgCrown of Destruction.

The full set list is here.

QxZamNM.png

Our weapons are going to be the glorious inv_weapon_hand_05.jpgDemonblood Eviscerator, but there are plenty of alternatives for other Shamans and Hunters, such as:

inv_staff_41.jpgSpire of Scarlet Pain - Zone drop from Firelands.

inv_weapon_crossbow_10.jpgMerciless Gladiator's Crossbow of the Phoenix - 750 Honor from Kezzik the Striker, Netherstorm.

inv_bow_1h_firelandsraid_d_01.jpgArathar, the Eye of Flame - Ragnaros, Firelands.

inv_mace_39.jpgDragonstrike, Reborn - Crafted by Blacksmithing.

inv_shield_10.jpgDrillborer Disk - Garr, Molten Core.

inv_shield_01.jpgThe Fel Barrier - Nexus-Prince Shaffar, Heroic Mana-Tombs.

inv_offhand_1h_deathwingraid_d_01.jpgLedger of Revolting Rituals - Ultraxion, Normal Dragon Soul.

Leather Set

This one is pretty tricky. Leather wearers by their nature are not exactly flashy and fiery, since Rogues prefer the shadows, Druids prefer hugging trees and Monks prefer spiritual stuff. So, we've had to improvise with a set from Sunwell Plateau. In order to fill the class specific armour slots, we've used inv_boots_cloth_05.jpgRelentless Gladiator's Boots of Triumph and inv_belt_43c.jpgRelentless Gladiator's Belt of Triumph. We've then combined the old Burning Crusade gear with the inv_knife_1h_firelandsraid_d_01.jpgAlysra's Razor from Firelands to create this:

XV469CQ.png

For the full set list, check here.

As you can see, the daggers themselves pretty much "breathe" the essence of the Firelands, but let's see if there are any alternatives:

inv_sword_48.jpgPerdition's Blade - Ragnaros, Molten Core.

inv_staff_99.jpgFandral's Flamescythe - Majordomo Staghelm, Firelands. (Turns druids into their fire cat form)

inv_mace_39.jpgDragonstrike, Reborn - Crafted by Blacksmithing.

inv_sword_01.jpgBlade of Wizardry - World Drop.

inv_knife_1h_firelandsraid_d_02.jpgEntrail Disgorger - Boss drop, Firelands Normal.

inv_offhand_1h_deathwingraid_d_01.jpgLedger of Revolting Rituals - Ultraxion, Normal Dragon Soul.

Cloth Set

Our cloth set is pretty tame when compared to the others, containing a number of green, low level items. We still think it fits together pretty well with the Mage lookalike shoulders and the inv_sword_01.jpgBlade of Wizardry:

yPXGxgW.png

The full set list can be found here.

If you're looking for some alternate weapons, check these out:

inv_sword_1h_mantidarch_c_01.jpgMantid Sky Reaver - Found through Archaeology.

inv_staff_40.jpgBloodfire Greatstaff - Dropped by Aenous, The Black Morass.

inv_stave_2h_firelandsraid_d_01.jpgSmoldering Censer of Purity - Boss drop from Firelands.

inv_mace_1h_firelandsraid_d_04.jpgKo'gun, Hammer of the Firelord - Ragnaros, Firelands.

Mount and Pet 

Every player needs a mount and pet to accompany their fantastic transmog set, so we've made sure to pick one of each out for this theme: Cinder Pup and inv_misc_orb_05.jpgSmoldering Egg of Millagazor.

bqYvk2B.png

We hope you enjoyed our first installment in this new series and we look forward to seeing your fantastic sets in the replies!
1 person likes this

As a druid I was always jealous of the Rogue heroic tier set in the raid. Luckily the entire set has an entire look-a-like! It might take a couple of weeks to farm the whole thing but the end result is great for non Rogue leather wearers. Here's the entire set.

Edited by Ryudo86

Yeah the Rogue set always looked good, I just didn't use it on our list because it isn't the most fiery of sets. It's still a pretty awesome set from Firelands.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Ion conducted a Q/A yesterday and Lore came to the forums to answer additional questions about Legendary items, revolving around bad luck protection and Relinquished items.
      It deals with bad luck protection for every spec and how the system handles Legendary items that can drop for more than a single spec. The unidentified Legendary items we reported about earlier were just a developer idea with the intent to fix loot specialization and Legendaries. It won't be implemented now as bad luck protection will now function for every spec individually. Legendary items targetting was also confirmed via Relinquished items.
      Lore (Source)
      1) How does the above work in regards to Non-spec-based Legendaries (like Shard of the Exodar for mages, who works for all 3 specs. Does it account for ALL specs, or just the one that it was dropped on?
      If a Legendary can drop for your spec, it counts. An easy way to check this is to open the Adventure Guide ingame (Shift-J by default) and click the "Loot" tab without having a dungeon or raid selected. That'll show you which Legendaries are counted for your spec.
      2) Very similar to the above, how do items like Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus/Sephuz's Secret/Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish etc work under this system? Does it count for the spec it dropped on, or for all specs?
      Same as above.
      3) The PTR has had "Unidentified <Class> Legendary" items in its database for a while, and it's been speculated that these were a 'failsafe' for people accidentally getting a legendary in the 'wrong spec' and blowing their accrued Bad Luck Protection -- are these unidentified items still going live, are they going to be scrapped in light of the spec-based droprate/BLP ? If they are going live, is it intended behavior that people could play offspecs with low number of legendaries, or none, get these items quickly (since the first 2 legendaries drop faster), and then swap to their 'main spec' as a way to get a few more legendaries 'quickly' (in comparison to the norm) ?
      These were part of an experimental concept that we've since decided not to go ahead with, at least for now. The idea wasn't exactly what you're speculating, but our concerns were similar.
      4) How does BLP 'acquisition' work under this new spec-based system? Do I 'build up' BLP for all specs as I play, or only for the one currently set as my Loot Specialization? If it builds for all of them, this has possible unintended consequences, where once I get an item in 1 spec, I know I should swap to the others and get items 'relatively fast' since the BLP is built up a fair bit (assuming it wasn't RNGesus giving you an item very very early on)
      This one I'm actually not certain on the answer, but I'll look into it.
      So basically if you have utility legendaries you are even more screwed than before because you already have that many legendaries for every spec.
      I can see where you're coming from, but I'd make the argument that if you have cross-spec Legendaries and play multiple specs, you're already at an advantage in that they're functional for your other specs. I have the Leggings of The Black Flame and Unison Spaulders on my Mistweaver; neither of them do anything at all when I play Brewmaster.
      I feel like this comes back to a lot of the utility legendaries are still just "bad" some like Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus and Sephuz's Secret are better. But there are other's like Acherus Drapes and Uther's Guard that remain disappointing as ever to receive. I leveled a DK as a fun alt, got Acherus Drapes as its first legendary, i am tempted to just delete the character and try again if I had gotten Prydaz i wouldn't have felt this way as it has far more value. Or i have been considering leveling my warrior and just hoping for better luck. You mentioned this in the QA but please take a close look at all the legendarys (including healer ones). To make sure there aren't so many egregious outliers, i should emphasize this is a much larger problem for healers right now than DPS.
      Yep, this is the important point to remember: if a legendary just sucks, then that's the problem we need to fix. Similarly, if your spec sucks without a particular legendary, then that legendary also needs to be fixed to not be so impactful.

Regarding Prydaz, specifically: It's maybe not the most exciting legendary right now, but it's certainly strong. The stats make it a solid, reliable throughput upgrade, and in the immortal words of Sebudai: "It's pretty easy to figure out how much DPS you're doing as a corpse on the ground."

As for Sephuz: it has a weird, but temporary, issue. When you only have one or two legendaries, it sucks that it does nothing on the fights where you can't proc it. No argument there. Eventually, though, you'll have a third legendary, and it opens up for some interesting gameplay, where you swap it on for fights with a lot of dispels, interrupts, or controllable targets, and swap it out for the ones that don't. It's not always useful, but it's really good when it is. That's not a bad thing.

Those seem to be the two that most commonly come up as "bad," but we'll keep discussing the other options as well. I know there's a few tweaks planned to some that haven't yet hit the PTR.

Overall, though, I just wanted to drive home the point that if you're upset at how long it might take you to get your next Legendary because the ones you have are bad, we want to fix that by making the ones you have better.
      We.Want.A.Way.To.Target.Spec.Specific.Slot.Specific. BEST IN SLOT.
      A) I think your spacebar is broken.

B) You'll be able to do exactly that through the Relinquished gear tokens in Patch 7.2.
      Wait, was this a confirmation that we can actually target slots?
      Correct. The current plan is that if you purchase a Relinquished token for, say, shoulders, and it gives you a legendary, it gives you legendary shoulders.

Massive wall of caveats here just because I don't want to over-promise:
      This is PTR. Anything can change at any moment. Many things already have. We don't have a solid handle yet on how long it will take to earn these things, or what the chance of them becoming a legendary will be. We need to be confident that the Broken Shore content itself is stabilized before we can start figuring out things like how quickly you earn Nethershards or how much these tokens cost. Their primary purpose is still as catch-up gear, similar to what was available on the Timeless Isle or Hellfire Peninsula. We don't consider this a "silver bullet" solve to all legendary-related issues, and aren't trying to make it be one. Still, if you just desperately want that one specific legendary, this might be an option worth considering.
    • By Stan

Blizzard's trying to fix the issue of Legendary items and loot specialization with unidentified Legendaries. Every time a Legendary item drops, you'll be able to switch between specs and then discover a Legendary appropriate for your specialization.
      Update: Lore confirmed in a blue post that these were part of a concept that they won't go live with at least for now.
      Lore (Source)
      These were part of an experimental concept that we've since decided not to go ahead with, at least for now. The idea wasn't exactly what you're speculating, but our concerns were similar. It's interesting that the items are bound to Battle.net Account, so you might end up mailing them to your alt (must be the same class) on a different realm.
      Unidentified Death Knight Legendary Unidentified Demon Hunter Legendary Unidentified Druid Legendary Unidentified Hunter Legendary Unidentified Mage Legendary Unidentified Monk Legendary Unidentified Paladin Legendary Unidentified Priest Legendary Unidentified Rogue Legendary Unidentified Shaman Legendary Unidentified Warlock Legendary Unidentified Warrior Legendary Don't forget that crafted Legendary items are coming in 7.2 and the latest build added affixes and made them BoE.
      Celumbra, the Night's Dichotomy Rethu's Incessant Courage The Sentinel's Eternal Refuge Vigilance Perch Please note the nature of PTR. Anything may change before Patch 7.2 goes live.
    • By Stan

Further fixes for Legendary items underway. Relinquished items were introduced in the latest build of 7.2 (#23623). The items are unique per slot and have a chance to contain Legendary items.
      Relinquished Items
      The persisting problem with Legendaries is that you don't get the one you want or need. Not anymore though. Relinquished items discover an item appropriate for your loot specialization and not only that, they have a chance to contain a Legendary item, most likely on a slot-per-slot basis.
      Relinquished Bracers Relinquished Choker Relinquished Cloak Relinquished Gauntlets Relinquished Girdle Relinquished Hood Relinquished Leggings Relinquished Ring Relinquished Spaulders Relinquished Treads Relinquished Trinket Relinquished Tunic Example: Relinquished Hood may contain only Head slot Legendary items, such as Darckli's Dragonfire Diadem or Uncertain Reminder. Such slot restrictions increase the chances of getting the Legendary item you want. The question is what's the probability of getting a Legendary item?
      Unidentified Legendary Items
      Update: Unidentified Legendary items were considered, but they won't go live as bad luck protection for individual specializations will be implemented.
      The previous build (#23578) added items that create Legendaries based on your set loot spec. This may represent an overall fix for loot spec problems. I think unidentified Legendaries will drop by default and we won't need to worry about loot spec.
      Unidentified Death Knight Legendary Unidentified Demon Hunter Legendary Unidentified Druid Legendary Unidentified Hunter Legendary Unidentified Mage Legendary Unidentified Monk Legendary Unidentified Paladin Legendary Unidentified Priest Legendary Unidentified Rogue Legendary Unidentified Shaman Legendary Unidentified Warlock Legendary Unidentified Warrior Legendary Taken from here.
      What do you think about the latest changes?
    • By Stan

Four color variations are available for the Rogue's Class Mount Shadowblade's Murderous Omen and you get it by assassinating the infiltrating homunculi via Hiding In Plain Sight (Stormwind) // Hiding In Plain Sight (Orgrimmar).
      Greetings, Shadowblade. I hope you are not too upset that I began without you, I have a bit of trouble controlling myself around the mindless undead. Yes, you heard me right. Taerir, the very Taerir that has been standing in the Hall of Shadows for many months now, was the undead pawn of a dreadlord. And there are more of them - in our cities, rising through the ranks of the aristocracy, growing in power and influence, and nearly undetectable.
      The /mountspecial is shared with the Blizzard store mount  Heart of the Aspects animation.
      As usual, characters in our Class Mount preview videos wear Tier 20 Sets and the Rogue is no exception.
    • By Stan

Game Director Ion "Watcher" Hazzikostas was answering player-submitted questions, dealing with a wide-variety of topics such as Legendary items, Artifact Power, 7.2 relics, Mythic raiding and more. Our round-up covers most of the discussed topics.
      Artifacts
      Balance of Power appearances won't be account-wide. Effort requirements will be revisited. Hidden Artifact appearances have bad luck protection since 7.1.5. Artifact appearances aren't cannon, they're only cosmetics, so alt-friendliness isn't important. Artifact Power
      The goal is to offer progressing of your character providing choices during the process. The developers don't want AP to be the only reward you're looking out for.  Repetitive farming of Mythic+ isn't fun, which is why a lot of AP rewards were removed from chests and redistributed elswhere. In addition to that the amount of AP gained from the weekly chest has been increased. Devs want to add diminishing returns to bring players to a point where there's no desire to farm AP any longer. They don't want the final 7.2 trait to feel mandatory. You won't be able to use items that grant AP that you got with Artifact Knowledge 25 or less to avoid grinding before 7.2. New catch-up tomes will be added (similar to those you can buy now). Datamining
      Game files contain a lot of placeholders, abandoned data or developer ideas. Their removal would cost time that is spent elsewhere for designing new things. Mythic Raiding
      The devs think there's a lot of grinding, but some issues should be addressed in 7.2 (chain running Maw was specifically mentioned). Legendary Items
      It wouldn't make sense making legendaries change based on your spec, as they have a fantasy behind them. Further bad luck protection improvements down the road for 7.2. The system will evaluate how many legendary items you acquired for a specific spec. If you don't have any for spec X, you'll have a higher chance to get one, even though you have more for spec Y. Guilds benching players for bad legendaries based on sims aren't making a right choice. Crafted legendary items in 7.2 were introduced to keep professions relevant, not to address issues with Legendary items. They can be sold. Crafted legendaries aren't intended to be best and don't count against bad luck protection. Patch 7.1.5
      Changes to secondary stats were a success, but Unstable Arcanocrystal is an exception. The item won't be used that much when item level increases with Tomb raid in 7.2. PvP Q/A
      In a few weeks, there will be a PvP Q/A with Holinka including an esports 2017 announcement. Relics
      Order Hall research in 7.2 has two additional tiers and the 7th tier adds a secondary trait to relics. These relics narrow down the difference between best and worse relics and offer exciting relic rewards from a variety of bosses. The secondary trait will always be a throughput trait and different from the first one. Tier 20 Set Bonuses
      Still in development, nothing's final and they will change before release. Legion Tier Sets went to 6/6 to allow equipping of Legendary items and the team thinks it's cool to have a cloak matching your set. No plans to make 2-piece bonuses from different Tier Sets exclusive, but if they find out it's the only option they will take a closer look at the issue. Trinkets
      Players prefer trinkets with stats not active abilities. Trinket tuning for 7.2 is still in the works. Below is the VoD to the Live Developer Q/A