Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gunag

Fury DPS Rotation Suggestions

6 posts in this topic

Just got back to playing WoW and trying to figure out the rotation for my Fury Warrior. My guild says that I'm not doing enough DPS and that it might be my rotation thats the problem. Please any suggestions would be helpful since Im not sure what Im doing wrong.

My Warrior

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Gunag/simple

And my latest attempt at HFC

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6NGF1pjc2QJDPMKr#type=damage-done&source=75&fight=13

=====================

Admin Edit: I removed the unnecessary full caps in your topic title line. For future references, please refrain from using all caps. Thanks and Happy New Year!

The key to playing fury warrior is less in the rotation and more in managing your enrage up time. On your normal socrethar kill, you have an enrage up time in the 55% area. That needs to be 90%+. It'll go up the more crit you have, but make sure you're weaving in as many bloodthirsts as you can and using berserker rage when you've had a drought of crits and your enrage is about to fall off (e.g. if you just used bloodthirst, it's on CD for 5 seconds, and you have 1 or 0s left on enrage). If you don't have enrage and you're not rage capped, don't spend rage. Just wait for bloodthirst crit or berserker rage to spend rage again.

Warriors are also extremely, extremely gear dependent. Weapons and set bonuses really make or break us, so if you can get into pugs or something to get tier pieces, you'll see a dramatic increase in your DPS.

Now, for more specific advice: on that socrethar kill, you used recklessness once. The fight was nearly 5 minutes, you should have been able to fit in at least two recklessnesses in (one on pull, then one during execute phase).

Hey sorry it took forever to respond to your advice. Since my last post I was able to get two normal tier pieces, and have been more conscious about having enrage up as much as I can. My dps in most boss fights is around 35-40k now, but my guild hasn't been recording the logs lately so I can't post any logs to show this yet. Ill post the logs when their available. Thanks!

Edited by Gunag

So in looking at your gear you need to drop your haste you have like 1500 you don't need any basically with the class trinket.  You need 25% crit unbuffed then stack mastery.  So in essence drop haste for crit then mastery. 

You pool a lot of rage. Use wild strike to dump rage, when you have more than 90% rage so that you can use WS twice.

So in looking at your gear you need to drop your haste you have like 1500 you don't need any basically with the class trinket.  You need 25% crit unbuffed then stack mastery.  So in essence drop haste for crit then mastery. 

I know, I've been trying to get gear with more crit. I'm noticing that the HFC heroic plate gear has more crit so hopefully I can pick up more when I start running heroic with my guild. Thanks for the advise though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nesmuricus
      Hello y'all, 
      So I'll cut right to the chase. I feel like I'm under performing. Or I could be doing just fine with my current gear/stats (SimCraft may have given me unrealistic expectations).
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malganis/veinsplitter
      I have decent stats, draught and convergence, and my 4 piece. These are all on the lower side, so I think that would be one way to improve my DPS, but that's not what I'm here for. I ran a Sim today and it states that under ideal conditions and a perfect run, I should be doing around 900k, with an initial burst of 1.7k, and a couple peaks around a mil. I don't see these numbers, especially the peaks of 1 mil, while I run though, which leads me to my original point of me thinking I'm doing something wrong.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zfyq3C6JkFvngHVt#fight=6&view=rankings Heroic Krosus
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CygxKrJPNhfz82dB#view=rankings Heroic Guldan
      One thing someone will probably point out is that I wasn't using pre-pots on either of those. That'll change in the future. 

My rotation is based off of the Fury Discord guide.
      Opener - Charge/BT/BC/Rampage/Drought/RB
      I'll usually then BT or Rampage based on rage, OF, and then go into a priority system of Enraged RB > BT > FS > RB
      Rampage at 100 rage.

At execute phase, my execute rotation is:
      Execute/FS/BT in that order to keep myself at 100 rage for Frothing. While this is what the Fury Discord states, I tend to not get a ton of Execute damage on the boss and feel this is one area I could be doing something wrong.

On add fights, I know that I don't incorporate Whirlwind enough into my rotation, and that's something I need to be a bit mindful of. But after I burst, I tend to drop down at a steady rate. I don't usually see my DPS jump back up unless I Drought (which makes sense), but when I'm doing my standard rotation I can't keep my numbers up. Krosus should be a straight forward fight, but if you look at the logs, my dps drops to around 500k. Am I screwing something up? Or am I pulling comparable DPS to a fury warrior with 897 ilvl. 
      Thank you all for any help you can provide to me. I greatly appreciate it. I just want to bring honor and glory to all of my warrior brethren out there.

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our N'Zoth Control Warrior Un'Goro Standard Deck.
    • By Silverbolt
      I recently acquired Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish. I already have an ilvl 890 Convergence of Fates and ilvl 880 Draught of Souls. My guild has currently cleared Heroic Nighthold through High Botanist and is about to begin work on Elisande and Gul'dan. Should I swap in KBW for one of the two trinkets I already have, or stick with Convergence + Draught?  My only other real DPS throughput legendary is Kazzalax, Fujieda's Fury. For my second legendary, I tend to swap between Naj'entus's Vertebrae and situational use ones like the crafted belt or Mannoroth's Bloodletting Manacles. Any thoughts or comments are welcome. Thanks.
      --SB
    • By ZuzgwangGroo
      Hello all, 
                   Thanks for your yalls time and I hope I am in the the right place to ask. First things first, here is my toons info page. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Aurgus/advanced . The question I have is this. On the Arms Warrior guide, it states the the stat priority for Arms Warrior is Mastery>Haste>Versatility>Strength>Crit . Then the first thing it says in the next paragraph is the following.
      Strength is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
      Critical Strike provides additional damage to your attacks and abilities, and also increases your rage generated by auto-attack swings on successful critical strikes.
      As a on and off again / returning player and all around general boob, I mean, NOOB lol, this is extremely confusing. I am already and almost done with my main Warrior quest, and I have so far chosen gear that focused on Mastery and Haste. But from that the guide says, I am doing it wrong?
      Thanks again for your time , any help would be appreciated, and MUCH LOVE from Wisconsin :)

ZugzwangGroo,
      All Who Wander Are Not Lost :)