Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gunag

Fury DPS Rotation Suggestions

6 posts in this topic

Just got back to playing WoW and trying to figure out the rotation for my Fury Warrior. My guild says that I'm not doing enough DPS and that it might be my rotation thats the problem. Please any suggestions would be helpful since Im not sure what Im doing wrong.

My Warrior

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Gunag/simple

And my latest attempt at HFC

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6NGF1pjc2QJDPMKr#type=damage-done&source=75&fight=13

=====================

Admin Edit: I removed the unnecessary full caps in your topic title line. For future references, please refrain from using all caps. Thanks and Happy New Year!

The key to playing fury warrior is less in the rotation and more in managing your enrage up time. On your normal socrethar kill, you have an enrage up time in the 55% area. That needs to be 90%+. It'll go up the more crit you have, but make sure you're weaving in as many bloodthirsts as you can and using berserker rage when you've had a drought of crits and your enrage is about to fall off (e.g. if you just used bloodthirst, it's on CD for 5 seconds, and you have 1 or 0s left on enrage). If you don't have enrage and you're not rage capped, don't spend rage. Just wait for bloodthirst crit or berserker rage to spend rage again.

Warriors are also extremely, extremely gear dependent. Weapons and set bonuses really make or break us, so if you can get into pugs or something to get tier pieces, you'll see a dramatic increase in your DPS.

Now, for more specific advice: on that socrethar kill, you used recklessness once. The fight was nearly 5 minutes, you should have been able to fit in at least two recklessnesses in (one on pull, then one during execute phase).

Hey sorry it took forever to respond to your advice. Since my last post I was able to get two normal tier pieces, and have been more conscious about having enrage up as much as I can. My dps in most boss fights is around 35-40k now, but my guild hasn't been recording the logs lately so I can't post any logs to show this yet. Ill post the logs when their available. Thanks!

Edited by Gunag

So in looking at your gear you need to drop your haste you have like 1500 you don't need any basically with the class trinket.  You need 25% crit unbuffed then stack mastery.  So in essence drop haste for crit then mastery. 

You pool a lot of rage. Use wild strike to dump rage, when you have more than 90% rage so that you can use WS twice.

So in looking at your gear you need to drop your haste you have like 1500 you don't need any basically with the class trinket.  You need 25% crit unbuffed then stack mastery.  So in essence drop haste for crit then mastery. 

I know, I've been trying to get gear with more crit. I'm noticing that the HFC heroic plate gear has more crit so hopefully I can pick up more when I start running heroic with my guild. Thanks for the advise though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ririxia
      ABOUT US
      We Tried is a mythic progression raiding guild formed by an ambitious raid leader seeking like minded, progression oriented players who would work together towards clearing the latest content while it is still considered relevant. After suffering some roster issues, We Tried merged with Procrastination in late December 2016 and together we have fully cleared Emerald Nightmare Mythic within just two weeks.
      OUR PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS & FUTURE GOALS
      Although we have since slowed down, we are proud ourselves of holding the realm 27th Nythendra Mythic and 24th Elerathe Renferal Mythic kills.
      Today we are actively working towards forming a raid team that would be able to attain our previous glory and compete on a realm wide level.
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Frost DK
      BM/MM Hunter
      Mage
      WW Monk
      Retri Paladin
      Holy/Shadow Priest
      Elemental/Resto Shaman
      Arms/Fury Warrior
      *Applications from exceptional players will always be considered regardless of recruitment status*
      RAID TIMES
      Wednesday 20.30 - 23.00
      Thursday 20.00 - 23.00
      Sunday 20.00 - 23.00
      IDEAL RECRUIT
      Our ideal recruits are players who are passionate about the game and about progress. Each raider is expected to do whatever they can to improve their skills outside of the raiding environment and pull their own weight within the raid.
      We are looking for mythic ready players who, without fail, know the tactics for every boss prior to entering the instance; have solid knowledge of their class and continuously strive to improve themselves; have a near 100% attendance rating; are prepared to wipe often on progression nights and can not only take the constructive criticism that comes their way but are also able to give constructive criticism back, as well as share new ideas and approaches relevant to the content we are clearing at the time.
      CONTACT & INFO
      If you have any questions or concerns you're welcome to contact me in game (Ririxia#2172) or on Discord (Ririxia#1469). You can find more info about our guild, guidelines, raiding policies, trials and the loot system, as well as apply on our website - http://we-tried.enjin.com
    • By Elliya
      Hey guys,
      I am writing for DPS help. I am currently doing crap DPS pretty regularly. I was the top DPS in casual raids for a very long time with 870-880 gear. Around New Years, I was playing while very inebriated. I equipped a bunch of the wrong gear and sold the stuff I took off. I went through the Blizzard gear recovery to get back the pieces I vendored but they were rerolled (upgraded items that were vendored at 875 came back as the base level). I have since upgraded most of the pieces and increased my item level by 11. My DPS is worse now than it was almost 20 ILs lower.
      Issues:
      DPS - lower than it was when my gear and IL was much worse.
      Astral Power generation - I feel like I am generating Astral Power far slower than the other balance druid in raid.
      Rotation:
      I follow the recommended rotations, precasting Solar Wrath when able. Otherwise its Moonfire, Sunfire, New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon, Starsurge.
      Gear:
      Besides what is equipped, I have Whispers in the Dark 880, Oakheart's Gnarled Root 885. I have 3 of the set pieces (Robe of the Astral Warden 880, Cloak of the Astral Warden 875, Hood of the Astral Warden 875) but they are all significantly lower in IL than my current gear. I have four legendaries, the two I am wearing,  Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds and Promise of Elune, the Moon Goddess.
      Armory:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Zul'jin/Elliya/simple
      Logs:
      I used to out DPS the other balance druid in guid, Netcat. Now he destroys me.
      Spellblade Raid Personal
      Krosus Raid Personal
      Star Augur Raid Personal

• By andrewFTW8
      Hello,
      I want to ask about my rotation cause i'm not doing that much dmg as i should or maybe i'm wrong.
      Just need a few tips and if you could tell me what i could change in my rotation,gear,talents.
      Here's one combat log on Tichondrius:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zwMmAfC7GP6vtcQW/
      Here's my armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Asmond/simple
    • By DonLionheart
      Hello all,
      I don't know where else to go for help.  I've been struggling with enhance since the changes in 7.1.5.  Originally I thought it was a gear issue because I was performing okay on some fights in Heroic NH, but as I've gotten more gear over the past week, my numbers haven't gone up.  Here are the logs from my raid tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/N8P9vaGYHCFbmtDA#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0
      I had been using Windsong and Overcharge last week, but noticed that it was just not working out, so when I swapped to Tempest instead, my numbers were about the same, so I've been using Windsong, Tempest, and FoA, like the  Wordup guide says.  Here's a link to my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Arthas/Donlionheart/advanced
      I've run a few sims, but I'm new to sims and I'm not sure I'm inputting the data right, so it's not worth mentioning the outcomes.  Basically, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I tested out the Hot Hands talent on the dummy tonight after raid, and I did a Windsong test too, and for some reason, they were withing 10k of one another, with Hot Hands coming out on top.  Windsong seemed to give me a bigger opening burst, but I was higher more often and for longer with Hot Hands, though by the time I stopped after 4 minutes for each, they were so close it was barely worth mentioning.  Any advice is welcome, thanks.
      -Don
      P.S. I'm also using Chesder's (from MMO Champion) TellMeWhen strings, so maybe there's a problem with those.  If anyone has WeakAuras strings to recommend, or different TMW strings, let me know.  I used to use WeakAuras from another Shaman (a girl, I think the name was Corixa, but she doesn't make them anymore), and moved to TMW when a friend had some good strings.  Thank you.
    • By zmandude24
      Since shield block doesn't do donkey dick for most of the tank buster mechanics and the boss auto attacks hit like a wet noodle, is it even worth gearing haste at all? Wouldn't I be better off going for only mastery/versatility?