Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kirrito

Looking to improve on my ability as a Blood DK

2 posts in this topic

Hi there, I play a Blood DK on US-Uther and my guild is currently progressing through HFC on Mythic.  I believe I am doing well but there is still room for improvement and wanted to ask for a little help on where I can improve.

Kirrito-Uther

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uther/Kirrito/simple

Latest log

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/acb8b3a5-adb3-4783-bd26-3c5d65dfca74/boss/gorefiend/mythic#be=overview,c=24

I believe my biggest issue right now is rune management and am unsure as to how I can improve on that.​

heres a couple of tips about your glyphs and gear:

• glyph of vampiric blood is not worth it - the max hp bonus is too good
  • glyph of absorb magic also isnt worth it, unless youre trying to solo tank mannoroth - it gives you way too much absorb which will just go to waste, and it also doesnt generate any rp; regenerative magic is much better choice imo
  • reapers harvest is very bad for both dps and survival, try discordant chorus for aoe situations or unending hunger for single target dps, warlords unseeing eye or purified shard of third moon(amazing against zakuun, tyrant, mannoroth) for survival
  • T18 isnt worth it either, and you should also work on your stat priority: strength = bonus armor > multistrike >= mastery > haste = crit

and some tips that could help you with rune management:

• forget about icy touch and plague strike, only apply diseases with outbreak
  • use defile/death and decay only with the proc - when its free
  • always have one blood rune ready
  • use blood tap only with 10+ charges, when you have at least one blood rune ready and both frost/unholy pairs are on cooldown
  • this way it will always refresh a pair of frost/unholy = give you one death strike
  • the same conditions apply to plague leech, except the 10+ blood charges ofcourse

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Loghaire
      We would be looking for the tank to begin raiding with us Sunday. If you are raid locked until Tuesday please reach out to me still as it isn't a deal-breaker. This is for a core consistent spot within our 5/10M team. 100% attendance is expected during first 2 weeks. Beyond the first 2 weeks, we expect limited to no misses; however, we understand that situations happen. We are also open to recruit DPS, ranged in particular.
      http://www.TeamDeviant.com
      Expectations
      900+ itemized equipped iLevel
      42+ trait points
      knowledge & experience within Heroic/Mythic Nighthold fights
      Server:
      Destromath, Thunderlord, Azgalor & Azshara
      About Us:
      <Deviant> is a progression based 3-day raiding guild formed on July 11th, 2006. We use the EPGP loot system. Members are expected to be on time with consumables and must be capable of receiving constructive criticism. We push our members to improve themselves regardless of being at the top or bottom of the charts and to research boss encounter mechanics before raid time.
      Current Progression:
      5/10 Mythic NH, 7/7 Mythic EN, 2/3 Mythic ToV
      Raid Schedule (Server[CST]):
      Tuesday & Thursday: 10:00PM - 12:30AM
      Sunday: 10:00PM - 12:00AM
      Contact Info:
      If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of our officers directly:
      Enceno#1753 [GM]
      Humanbean#1710
      Monkdom#1900
      Ashayah#1380
    • By Madshot789
      <Disturbed> - Zul'jin - 3 nights/week - Semi-Hardcore Progression: Mythic (7/7) (2/3) (5/10)   Raid Schedule: Wednesday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST Thursday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST Monday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST Holidays will be rescheduled.    Current Recruitment Needs: • Tank • Shadow • Hunter • Ret Paladin • Frost DK All classes will be considered.   Server Information: Zul'jin (PvE) Ruin Battlegroup Chicago Datacenter Eastern Realm Time   In-game contacts: Madness (Madness#12309) Applejuice (Apple#11916) Srslynohax (Jake#11149)
    • By Loghaire
      Looking to fill a co-main tank spot for Mythic tonight and beyond. Please contact me ASAP on BNET to discuss.
      http://www.TeamDeviant.com
      Expectations
      900+ itemized equipped iLevel
      40+ trait points
      knowledge & experience within Heroic/Mythic Nighthold fights
      Server:
      Destromath, Thunderlord, Azgalor & Azshara
      About Us:
      <Deviant> is a progression based 3-day raiding guild formed on July 11th, 2006. We use the EPGP loot system. Members are expected to be on time with consumables and must be capable of receiving constructive criticism. We push our members to improve themselves regardless of being at the top or bottom of the charts and to research boss encounter mechanics before raid time.
      Current Progression:
      4/10 Mythic NH, 7/7 Mythic EN, 2/3 Mythic ToV
      Raid Schedule (Server[CST]):
      Tuesday & Thursday: 10:00PM - 12:30AM
      Sunday: 10:00PM - 12:00AM
      Contact Info:
      If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of our officers directly:
      Enceno#1753 [GM]
      Humanbean#1710
      Monkdom#1900
      Ashayah#1380
    • By p1xel8ted
      Hey guys, I have all 6 tier items (heroic, some WF). My hands are 895, but got a 905 item from mythic chrono.
      Using
      ( Pawn: v1: "Blood": Class=DeathKnight, Spec=Blood, CritRating=4.57, HasteRating=7.57, MasteryRating=3.07, Versatility=6.07, Strength=9.07, Stamina=12.07 )
      (Bad I know, got the numbers from Noxxic, but just swapped mastery and crit around. Matches the balanced priority, been working for me so far lol). Not a bleeding edge raider.
      Current setup

Proposed setup

Did multiple AMR sims with both setups, and averaged it, and each time 4pc comes out a little ahead. Using Krosus as setup. 

I'm thinking it;s the versatility on the tier hands that is making the difference, not so much the 25% chance at a rune?
      Thoughts, opinions, Thanks!