FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
WayneManship

LoE offers nothing for Hunters?

OK so I just purchased the League of Explorers adventure and have gained some pretty interesting cards. I play a Deathrattle/Beast Hunter and it seemed as though several of the new cards could really offer some interesting new dynamics to my deck. I messed around with a few different combinations but had some difficulty finding just the right arrangement. So naturally I turned to the forums and deck lists to get some ideas and there was nothing. No Hunter decks with LoE cards and no threads addressing this. Thus, i pose unto you, the vast and varying strategic geniuses of Icy-Veins,  these questions. What, if anything, does LoE offer the Hunter class? Has anyone managed to create a successful hunter deck incorporating LoE cards? And if the consensus is that LoE has nothing of significance to offer the hunter class, why the inclusion of so many beast cards with this adventure pack? As always, all opinions are greatly appreciated.

A lot of LoE cards could be used as a budget replacement, but probably not as a "final" card, with the exception of Camel. However, Camel is not usable in aggro meta as it gives you opponent board presence and tempo (because he will be the first to attack with it).

The cards work as a card draw, but card draw isn't actually run in hunter decks. This makes the Discover mechanic rather useless for this class.

• Like 1

i see. well i play a hunter that uses a lot of deathrattle and beast synergies. Ive seen it referred to a few times as a beastrattle deck. cards like undertaker played in combination with the webspinner, haunted creeper or huge toad usually give me some deathrattle board presence into the next few rounds and card gain like jeweled scarab and tomb spider give me a bit more control of my playable options til i draw the Baron Rivendare. and all the while the consistent beast presence allows me to control the board with beast dependent class cards. The card gain also allows for the inclusion of more higher cost minions for the late game since there are almost always 1 or 2 low cost options when "discovering" cards. toss in some cards like Anubisath Sentinel, sludge Belcher, and of course Savannah Highmane not only help to establish a dominating board presence but play into the the overall synergy of the BeastRattle deck. Ice the whole thing off with Dr. Boom and his deathrattle bombs and Kel Thuzad to make sure the deathrattle fun never stops and there isnt enough silence in the word to stop this deck. In theory atleast.

• Like 1

LoE could complement some weird control hunter builds which I like to play for fun, but control has never really worked with Hunter before. My current Hunter is a deathrattle hunter with some LoE.

LoE could complement some weird control hunter builds which I like to play for fun, but control has never really worked with Hunter before. My current Hunter is a deathrattle hunter with some LoE.

Yes, control Hunter has never been a popular deck type, especially thanks to Hunter's great aggro cards and his hero power. However, everything can change with the existence of Sir Finley and other cards in LoE. Although I don't think Control hunter will become popular, I think he will become somewhat viable.

In terms of competitive hunter decks, no not really. I suppose finlay is a decent(and debatable) addition to midrange hunter, but it's not like it has warped the class from inside out.

Edited by batanete

webspinner is a good LoE card... i play a hunter deathrattle deck and its one of the funnest decks ever. Feign Death FTW!

Webspinner is a Naxx card. And yes, it is a good card indeed.

• Like 1

I could see tomb spider being an okay addition to beast focus mid range decks as a 1 off.  It is a tempo loss, but offers a lot of value in quite a few matches.

It is a card that doesn't necessarily need to be played on curve. That means you don't lose as much tempo when you play it in later turns. It even feels like you can't afford to play it one curve because Hunters don't have many ways to regain board control. But yes, I think I still keep undervaluing Discover mechanic and that it can give you high value. Would you share your experience with that card later?