Darkseeker83

12 Win Warrior Arena - Alexstrasza, Obsidian, Belcher, Spelleater! (14 games across 3 videos)

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

The draft: 
No Fiery Winaxe - however, there are some significant taunts - including Obsidian and double Belcher. 
Sideshow Spelleater has amazing potential - removing the Warrior's hero power that doesn't really impact the board. How about a Hunter's Steady Shot or a Mage's ping? 

The question is, will Alexstrasza make a difference?

VIDEO 1: 12 Win Warrior Arena Part 1 - He who taunts first wins?

1: Hunter - WIN - A straightforward game. The Hunter never was able to put a dent in my health.

2: Rogue - WIN - I thought I had a taunt heavy deck. The Rogue goes crazy with taunt after taunt! Sideshow Spelleater lets me win the game.

3: Hunter - WIN - After a few dodgy trades on my part, I taunt up. Deadly Shot kills my Obsidian - but Alex arrives to give me lethal!

4: Warrior - WIN - He who taunts up first wins?

VIDEO 2: 12 Win Warrior Arena Part 2 - Spelleater, Belcher, Obsidian value.

5: Druid - WIN - Starfire on a Cobra? Sure. I'll take that. Sideshow Spelleater lets me pretend to be a Druid. Playing a big tree won't save you! Obsidian goes to work here in a major way, backed up by Sludge Belcher.

6: Paladin - WIN - Cultmaster and Obsidian value takes us to 6 wins.

7: Paladin - WIN - Sword of Justice for the Paladin causes a slight panic. A 3-2 charging horse with a divine shield?! Coghammer? Kings? Another Kings? Keeper of Uldaman? Not enough!

8: Rogue - WIN - Double Slime from the Sludge Belchers wins the day.

9: Paladin - WIN - Secrets everywhere! Some interesting decisions get made. The Paladin makes a huge push at the end with Mind Control Tech, Keeper of Uldaman and Murloc Knight. The Paladin actually drafted NAT PAGLE! Alex gives me significant board presence at the end, allowing me to go face, face, face!

VIDEO 3: 12 Win Warrior Arena Part 3 - The Venture Co who wanted to be a Ravenholdt Assassin...

10: Paladin - LOSS - Perhaps some of my plays were questionable. Although, the Paladin has answers to everything (Consecration, Keeper of Uldaman, Mind Control Tech, Hammer of Wrath, Aldor, Murloc Knight, etc). One turn you are in control, the next, you are screwed. I dream about what would have happened if my Frothing Berserker could not be answered in the early game... Alex does nothing at the end for me. His board was too strong.

11: Rogue - WIN - Double Belcher says hello.

12: Warrior - LOSS - My opponent had Fiery win axe :-( I get punished by an Ooze for not using my weapon... I get punished for freezing the wrong minion. Even Tinkmaster Overspark can't save me. The Warrior plays VARIAN WRYNN just to add insult to injury.

13: Paladin - WIN - The Paladin actually gets Lil'Exorcist actually gets DOUBLE value from my deathrattle minions sad.png Despite the Paladin having a huge board, I make the decision to go face at the end, which ends up winning me the game. I stealth my Venture Co - which he was not able to answer. The gamble paid off!

14: Mage - WIN - The final boss. Nervous. Scary. I wasn't keen on drafting Inner Rage, but it actually has helped me in this series. Spectral Knight is such a great card in Arena. Can't be targeted by spells. It can be healed up too by another minion. That 6 health is fantastic. Even when at 1 health, it can't be pinged by the Mage's hero power. Oh - but wait - an Elven Archer can kill it! Good plays from the Mage. On an interesting note, Spellslinger gives me BLOODLUST (which I didn't get a chance to play).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this