FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Trisketo

What should i play?

I use to be an altoholic and I had leveled almost every class to max but eventually I found I couldn't be hopping toons all the time and it came down to me needing to pick and stick to one class.

I eventually just made a list with all the classes that I really liked and put it all the pros and cons that I thought each class had for me and how I wanted to enjoy the game and I ended up with the class till today and have not looked back at that choice.

I know its a lame thing to make a list but looking at the classes and what they can offer you and what they can't really puts them into prospective and lets you pick one a lot easier. This is my recommendation since I can't tell you what you like or what pros and cons each class has for you so this is just the best method, I feel, would be.

Had the same idea, still never helped me sad.png I'm just too indecisive!

Also, Warriors are getting so much love in this thread!

IMO you really should try the three class, you don't have to go max level at all. But at least get a feeling about how your life will be playing it. Maybe lv 20-25. And maybe you'll fall in love with the first you'll try and won't even bother not playing something else.

Mage is obviously a caster, meaning you'll constantly have to cast, with cast bar. It's not for everyone.

Hunter is the more "dynamic" range class. Lot of instant casts (even more so Legion coming)

And Warriors are melee, obviously also instant casts.

Choosing a class in a game is sometime complex. The best way at the end may simply be to jump into one and only switch if you don't like it,

I'm leveling one of each right now, and both are strong. Warrior gameplay is very straightforward- run up to a mob and bash it in the teeth, very much my usual MO. Mage gameplay- especially Arcane- is (fittingly) very intellectual, with different mechanics and cooldowns to juggle. It's proving to be a very fun stretch for me, and I feel that everyone should play a spec they're not used to if only for the perspective. Don't forget that Mages have a ton of useful utility, from summoning food/drink to teleports to capital cities. I set my hearth to the Tavern in the Mists just because I could and I liked the way it looked. On the other hand, Mages are definitely glass cannons (all offence, no defence), a weakness that warriors do not share. In short- Mages: complicated and interesting- Warriors: simple and brutal.

Mage is always a good choice, hunter is as well if you're already comfortable on it

Yeah, I feel like this is generally a pretty solid choice. You can count on one of the mage specs always performing well.

Warrior would be the most reasonable to play as you would be able to tank or dps. Playing a mage or hunter, you are restricted to just dps and won't be able to try out the different kind of play styles.

For more role choices go warrior.

For easy mode go hunter, I don't think there is any class easier than that.

The warrior love just keeps coming. If you're going to listen to this thread, it looks like you're playing a warrior!

I love playing the mage, i can't grow tired of this class, it's still appealing after so many expansions. If I don't like a certain spec I switch to another one and it is still fun to play.

I played Mage back in vanilla and then on and after in the other expansions, I think they are supercool in every way, the only con about them is thay they are usally not superstron in early endgame, they start to shine alot tho as soon as you have started to collect some sweet gear:)

Plus it's Always super nice to have teleport!:)

Mage and Warrior feeling the love. Will we ever know what he decided? WHO KNOWS.

Prot warrior fo' life biggrin.png

Prot warriors are like dodo birds. You guys are going extinct! We need to protect every single one of you!

druid. 100% play druid. I realize it's not on your list, but it can do everything you're looking to do & then some. The 4 specs available to druid make it the most versatile class, and it's a meatshield in Legion.

Serious though, play whatever you like the most. Mage is pretty nuts this tier, and shaping up to look good in the expansion. Probably #1 out of the 3 you picked.

Good luck on your search :)

druid. 100% play druid. I realize it's not on your list, but it can do everything you're looking to do & then some. The 4 specs available to druid make it the most versatile class, and it's a meatshield in Legion.

Serious though, play whatever you like the most. Mage is pretty nuts this tier, and shaping up to look good in the expansion. Probably #1 out of the 3 you picked.

Good luck on your search smile.png

Druid is on my list tbh. The new forms in Legion are just amazing, it's so tempting...

Play Hunter. Assuming they can still cast and move in Legion, it's a fun play-style.

Regarding this, Beast Mastery is currently the go-to for high mobility ranged. Marksmanship looses the ability to cast Aimed Shot on the move, which hurts it's mobility a lot compared to now.

My vote goes towards Hunters though nonetheless, Marksman has almost silly amount of cleave damage with strong single target damage as well. BM is rather bursty and doesn't do a whole lot outside of CDs, which can be tied to RNG with cd resets. Survival I haven't payed too much attention to recently, but was in an ok spot last I checked. It does lack a bit of mobility and another defensive cd would be nice to have.