Oxygen

Hearthstone Community Showcase: Fulla's Card Designs

Sign in to follow this  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

16317-hearthstone-community-showcase-ful

Fulla is back yet again with another custom Hearthstone card design: Taran Zhu, Lord of the Shado-Pan. We delve a bit deeper into the designer's background and current project.

A good friend of mine for nearly a decade, Fulla cut his game design teeth the same way (and at the same time) I did mine: through Warcraft III's powerful Map Editor tool. Fulla's projects have encompassed several genres, including, but not limited to lane-pushing games and real-time strategy games. I've come to really appreciate his work for his strong emphasis on thematics and polish. One of his most successful projects, Card Shuffle, was officially showcased in an official Blizzard blog post to try and promote StarCraft II's newest Arcade feature.

His current project is nothing short of pure insanity: Fulla is literally recreating Hearthstone on a custom engine that will allow him to not only play the game we all love, but also to create and play with his own cards, rules, and mechanics. If you haven't seen his work, I recommend you check out his YouTube channel.

Today's presentation features 3 versions of Taran Zhu, one of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria's most prominent character. His thematics revolve around martial arts and stealth.

First up, we have a control-oriented card that would certainly be a welcome addition to any deck looking to protect their win condition (and themselves) for an extra turn. Stealthed Antonidas or Paletress? This one gets my vote.

sKQ4dVc.gif

Next up, we have what appears to be a buffed up Kidnapper. Playing this card would represent a huge tempo gain, and potentially open up for lethal if a big taunter is taken out. Does it have enough Health to be viable?

chjtt48.gif

Last, but not least, we have an answer to those pesky Antique Healbot and, of course, Reno. Could this fit an aggro deck with such a steep cost?

i2cbKCH.gif

You may have noticed that the card features a custom-made golden art. So, which card design gets your vote? 

Watch the full feature video below: 

• Like 1

id like to add that ... i went with the first design because that means more use of useless yet favorable legendary cards  to some players could see some play i.e ''ILLIDAN'' to begin with, which i run in a similar deck  ''miracle rogue'' .. so i reallly would like to see this or something similar in terms of mechanics because it might revive alot of dead cards that were useless before ..and great job on the animation btw (Y)  

I went with option three. Then again, I tend to play aggressive, and seeing a good setup get dumped by Brann-Healbot or a lucky Reno makes my soul shrivel and die a bit