FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LingeringWill

Fury Warrior - Advice Needed

Hi all

I've recently swapped my warrior over to a Fury spec, and need some help getting my rotation correct. I've uploaded a couple logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MbWgZ2GcXPatpTAY/

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aNTRKCx6vqB3VmY4/

Does anyone have any advice based off of the above? I've been trying to follow the IcyVeins Fury guide, but my DPS still seems quite low for my ilvl.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/steamwheedle-cartel/Ulthanesh/advanced

Cheers!

Edited by LingeringWill

Lingering;

Good morning!

I just wanted to post letting you know that I've seen this thread and I'm not ignoring it. I will get to it at some point today for your review. I apologize it's taken so long but I've been rather busy the past 48 hours (most of it not at my PC). I'll get to it today for you, though.

LingeringWill;

Alright. Let's get to your request. For your reference, I'm going to look over your single target encounter; Iron Reaver.

=====================

The first thing that I look at, honestly, when I review logs is the damage taken that was avoidable. I know you're looking for advice on your rotation but let me just point this one thing out - you were the #1 in damage taken by avoidable spells. You should look into editing your UI to warn you about abilities that tend to be detrimental to your health. 20 ticks of Immolation, getting hit by Barrage 3 times (which tells me you were in front of the boss instead of behind it), and basically 250K damage worth of Blitz. All avoidable damage. Stop that.

The next thing that I noticed is that you neglected to use potions; specifically trade_alchemy_dpotion_a23.jpgDraenic Strength Potion. (You didn't use any Healing Tonics or Healthstones, either, given the amount of damage you were taking but that's another story.) Consumables count. Every point counts. Make sure you're using 125 stat food, your Greater Draenic Strength Flask, your +50 Rune, and combat potions. Every point counts.

=====================

Two major things you have going against you right now, before I get to your rotation, is you do not have any Tier. Without your 2PC and 4PC you do not benefit from your increased damage and you cannot reduce your CD of Recklessness. Secondly, you do not have your Legendary Ring. As much as I hate to admit it (because I have alts in the same position) - you simply will not compare to any main that does have their ring despite your best efforts. The fact that you came in the middle of the pack with damage done is about right given the number of DPS you had on the kill.

Ideally speaking, Iron Reaver is a simple burn encounter with a few mechanics to [try to] avoid. Simple movement that doesn't take you away from the boss for any great lengths of time. This obviously varies on strategy and it is directly hindered if you get a Phase 2 in this specific fight. Given this information - I'm curious on your talent choices for Tier 90. In this pull you have chosen Bloodbath instead of Avatar. Did you sim this and come up with higher results? More often than not they may come out so close that it doesn't really matter; my personal preference is Avatar for this specific pull.

Alright. . . with all that aside let me point some things out about your rotation.

• Raging Blow: When your Bloodthrist critically hits you get a charge of Raging Blow. You can have two charges at most. In this pull you gained 26 total stacks but only cast it 24 times. Albeit you only missed 2 casts - that's damage you missed out on. Every point counts.
  • Enrage: Without this buff you're better off standing there with auto attack. You need to make sure you're hitting your abilities only while enraged. You also need to make sure you're tracking this clearly so you know when you are enraged and when you are not. Your uptime was only 68%. Even with the phase 2 that you had this is extremely low. Of course, you could have really bad luck with critical hits; this is why you have Berserker Rage; a backup enrage-activating ability. You cast it 3 times - none of which were useful casts unless you were extending the enrage window you were already in. Aside from Phase 2 you had 6 major gaps of no enrage.
  • Wild Strike: Your cast of this ability seem rather high; it's like your prioritizing it way too much. Wild Strike should be used under three conditions: you're spending Bloodsurge procs and have nothing else more important to cast, your'e dumping rage to avoid being rage capped, or you're trying to reduce your Recklessness CD (with your 4PC that you don't have yet). Your abilities have a priority and, for that, I'd recommend reviewing the guide here on Icy Veins for Fury Warrior Rotation. Make sure you're not spamming abilities just to spam them. Prioritize.

Aside from this, you most likely did the best you could have with what you had. You're missing gear (like an actual useful second trinket), which means you're missing stats. You're missing your set bonuses. You're missing your ring. You're missing consumables. All this missing and you may begin to understand why you only managed 28K DPS.

Work on these things and keep practicing; in time your numbers will improve.

The first thing I'd work on, though, seriously is your situational awareness. If you're dead because you're taking every bit of damage possible then your DPS will be 0. . .

I hope this helps. If you should have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

<text>

Hey man, cheers for getting back to me! Really appreciate you spending the time replying. 12 tomes to go :)

I do have a couple of questions actually:

How important are the T18 x2 and x4  passives? For example, is getting the 2 piece bonus worth dropping ~200 crit and ~200 mastery? I've managed to get hold of the chest, but as it has haste and multi, I'll be taking a bit hit on those two even if I find a second piece and it has crit and mast.

The guide makes it look like I should use wild strike if I have spare rage. However, from your advice it sounds like I should use it less. Should I be purely using it to keep my rage under ~60? And not as a filler move?

I've given some of your other advice a go, namely tracking me enrage better: from a quick run on council --> mann in LFR, this seems to have bumped my dps up to around 40K, which is pretty huge bump up for me. Although a bit embarrassing to see that a large part of it was me simply being useless...

How important are the T18 x2 and x4  passives? For example, is getting the 2 piece bonus worth dropping ~200 crit and ~200 mastery?

This question can best be answered by using SimulationCraft. If you ever want to know if one piece will do better than the other (in this example, gaining your 2PC at a stat cost), use SimulationCraft and swap the pieces out on similar tests. It'll give you an estimated idea at which pieces will give you more damage done.

The guide makes it look like I should use wild strike if I have spare rage. However, from your advice it sounds like I should use it less. Should I be purely using it to keep my rage under ~60? And not as a filler move?

When you have your gear that you need, you'll end up with multiple choice (multiple procs to choose from). This will naturally cut down on your use of Wild Strike. Right now you're most likely using it due to the lack of anything else to use.

I would prioritize other abilities still and, while you have non-set equipment, try to balance your rage. Don't get rage capped but don't spam Wild Strike so much that you're empty when you need it (Raging Blow Proc / Execute Phase (non Sudden Death)).

I've given some of your other advice a go, namely tracking me enrage better: from a quick run on council --> mann in LFR, this seems to have bumped my dps up to around 40K, which is pretty huge bump up for me. Although a bit embarrassing to see that a large part of it was me simply being useless...

The number one thing you can do to be useful to your raid is not die. Work on that first - your rotation / stats / gear and such will come very easily and in relatively short amount of time. Not dying takes more focus, awareness, and practice. You being alive for the entire fight and doing competitive damage is better than you doing elite damage and dying to mechanics.

And, yeah - Enrage is the bread and butter of your damage. Without it, as I said, you might as well stand there and /autoattack. Good job on tracking that.