FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Destruction Tips and Quirks

Zagam-

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the work you've put into the warlock class. Your advice has been spot on. Quick question with regards to your last post...why are you reforging to Int/Haste gems instead of Int/Crit? Sounds like you're aiming for a haste threshold and if so what is it?

Thanks again. Keep up the excellent work.

I tried Destruction with Crit-Haste heavy build today, it was our 10man progress night so results are not sharp enough but I was top dps almost whole raid and we a %95+ rogue. With green fire being new spec isn't look as boring as it should so I'm enjoying it. I've ranked 50th and 90th on 2 bosses we kill and its really good for my playing level I believe. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kzret50zmp4l12rs/ Last nights log here if anyone wants to check.

Zagam thanks for all the help and theorycrafting.

I'm not pushing for thresholds. I just like Haste better than Crit. Since they're close enough, I just go with playstyle choice.

Also, glad to have them work for you! Anything I can do to help out, I'm more than happy to do.

I'm not going for any special haste rating either, I just keep haste and crit almost equal, with high haste Cha-ye's uptime was amazing sometimes. I've seen %35 uptime on a full duration fight even though sometimes it drops under %15.

Quick question, if during my normal rotation I get a proc, eg jade spirit, should I stick to my normal burning ember building or use as many chaos bolts as I can during the proc?

Also about haste, I tend to kill haste a lot as desturction, though I think its defently a good idea to get the first breakpoint for an extra immolate tick, and just to make sure you have enougth mana.

I'm not going for any special haste rating either, I just keep haste and crit almost equal, with high haste Cha-ye's uptime was amazing sometimes. I've seen %35 uptime on a full duration fight even though sometimes it drops under %15.

Haste will play an important part in maintaining higher uptimes with RealPPM trinkets. Cha-Ye's focuses on a combination of Haste and Crit. I believe its procs are dependent on crits, so as long as the programming is right, the longer you go without a crit, the higher the chance of the trinket proccing eventually.

Quick question, if during my normal rotation I get a proc, eg jade spirit, should I stick to my normal burning ember building or use as many chaos bolts as I can during the proc?

Also about haste, I tend to kill haste a lot as desturction, though I think its defently a good idea to get the first breakpoint for an extra immolate tick, and just to make sure you have enougth mana.

You don't want to burn Chaos Bolts during Jade Spirit. The only time you should be really dumping Chaos Bolts is during Dark Soul. The mention of burning an Ember during a proc would be if you were approaching 3 Embers and Dark Soul wasn't close to coming off cooldown.

The extra tick on Immolate is so worthless that it's not even worth mentioning. The damage from ticking Immolate is such a low component of your DPS that pushing any meaningful statistic into obtaining an additional tick that you're not likely to actually see during a normal duration due to Pandemic is pretty negligible. However, if you're dumping Haste to have more Crit and Mastery for that playstyle, that is more reasonable and acceptable as an answer. Just be prepared to have lower uptimes on your RealPPM trinkets and Meta gem.

True, immolate counts for very little of destruction dps, but if you can get it with such a little amount of haste, why not? Also its good to get an idea of where to stop reforging away from haste.

Edited by Vestion

Couple of questions.

1) 2 of my 4pc t14 is raid finder, would it be better to drop it for RF t15/Normal t15?

2)Currently I am at 3800 Mastery, 3800 haste, and 16% crit, I see people my ilvl (503) with 22% crit and 5k haste/mastery How is this possible? Also would it be a dps increase to keep my current stats or go back to affliction stats 4717 haste/7091 mastery/12% crit

You don't want to burn Chaos Bolts during Jade Spirit. The only time you should be really dumping Chaos Bolts is during Dark Soul. The mention of burning an Ember during a proc would be if you were approaching 3 Embers and Dark Soul wasn't close to coming off cooldown.

Depends on the proc. When Wushoolay's stacks up Chaos Bolts hit much harder than they do during DS. I even intentionally consume Backdraft stacks with CBs during it so I can get a few off at 7+ stacks.

When it procs and DS is off cooldown.... magic happens.

Edited by Livendula

Well, must be nice to have such an awesome trinket! I'm waiting for Wush to find it's ways into my trinket slot. I think for Destro I will take any new trinket as Light of the Cosmos and the Volatile Talisman could both be replaced. Wush and Unerring are looking like my favorite two...have yet to see them pop.

I am having a problem with rain of fire. I keep on clicking on melee when trying to place this spell. Is there a macro that will

Cast rain of fire and not switch my target? I tried /targetlasttarget but that's less than ideal.

Rain of Fire is a targetting reticle spell, not a cast-on-target spell. I use a shift-modifier to have a quick bind and then have my mouse already where I want it.

For example, Incinerate is bound to E on my keyboard. Rain of Fire is Shift-E. You have to place it each time, and I found the best way to do this is to push Shift-E during a Chaos Bolt cast or Incinerate cast so that you can immediately place it. if you try to place it when there is about 0.3 or less on your Incinerate/CB cast, then the game will auto-queue your spell and place it accordingly allowing you to go back to Incinerate or CB with the very next GCD.

My issue is when I place the spell I'm accidently selecting a melee. This is preventing me from being able to queue the next spell as I'm targeting a friendly target.

My issue is when I place the spell I'm accidently selecting a melee. This is preventing me from being able to queue the next spell as I'm targeting a friendly target.

Never had that problem. Are you using some special kind of nameplate addon? Try to angle your camera so you aren't clicking on nameplates.

i had the same issue at primordius while trying to keep rain of fire on adds so i can mostly nuke with cb during the morph phase ... nameplates screw me over, turned them off, rarely had a prob afterwards

o/

Use a focus macro on every single fight. Find something that is important to focus...this helps just about every fight.

question about stat weights. I mainly use affliction but I like destro. I have 83% mastery buffed, 12% haste buffed, and 15% crit. Would it be worth using sacrifice as destro because of all the mastery. Im not really comfortable completely reforging to destro yet. I know I would gain some dps by reforging for crit. Even fixing my haste for afflction for that matter. Seems like everything that has dropped for me has crit on it. Should I keep as is for a viable switching between specs?

There is a stat weight thread. Please dig through that. Lots of discussion in there.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pw4tl9ewh7v572zq/ Log with current stats/reforges/gems. Did a few Heroic Horridon attempts, switched to normal at the end. Used Grim of Sac on Heroic Jin'rokh and Grim of Supremacy with an Imp on Horridon. Had to summon the little asshole 3 times because he chased Horridon and despawned. Note: don't keep him on Horridon.

http://www.worldoflo...4tl9ewh7v572zq/ Log with current stats/reforges/gems. Did a few Heroic Horridon attempts, switched to normal at the end. Used Grim of Sac on Heroic Jin'rokh and Grim of Supremacy with an Imp on Horridon. Had to summon the little asshole 3 times because he chased Horridon and despawned. Note: don't keep him on Horridon.

why jin hc with sac ? better dps for when you're staying in the pools or ?

Yep. Take a look at my average Chaos Bolt. Damage would be higher if I wasn't picked for Focused Lightning twice with Dark Soul up. Super irritating. We had a 6% wipe somewhere in that night where I wasn't picked for anything and I was sitting at 185k. That fight is PURELY what you do in the puddles and how you don't kill your raid. I'll be using Sacrifice on Ji'kun as well.

Telling you what. Terrorguard sucks. For a 10 minute CD to only do 900k-1M damage is ridiculous.

No clue. This was the first week on Meg that I didn't die because a healer wouldn't dispel Cinders (happened 2 previous weeks). Unless an interrupt is needed, I prefer the Imp. Aesthetically, his comments, and his positioning are all superior.

One thing that pissed me off to no end last night was on Durumu (first attempt/wipe) HE STILL DESPAWNED! I swear that fight is buggy as crap. I thought melee pets were subject to this, but my Imp despawned from right by my side. On our kill attempt, he didn't despawn, so that was nice.

Also found some bug with Flames of whatever (summons your pet for a Burning Ember)...it revived him but put him in some sort of permanent passive mode. Not sure if this was a UI bug or a mechanics bug on Blizzard's side. Once I manually resummoned him, he went back to attacking things. Maybe none of this has been discovered since no one uses an Imp.