FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Destruction Tips and Quirks

Damn, that's a problem with language. Can't find a way to translate the log presentation, unfortunately. Anyways, thanks for the checkpoints, will analyze myself.

BTW, how do I measure RoF uptime in WoL? I don't see a number in the column. Do I have to calculate total possible ticks and compare with real ticks?

You most probably lack russian fonts in your system. All out letters are cute and attractive. tongue.png

RoF uptime is seen in the Buffs column.  When you cast Rain of Fire, you get a buff, so it's very easy to find in the Buffs column.

Just a heads up, when destro gets amp trinket next tier meta gem is actually worthless. Burning = sinister with amp trinket. GG blizzard.

Just a heads up, when destro gets amp trinket next tier meta gem is actually worthless. Burning = sinister with amp trinket. GG blizzard.

If they're actually equal, I would think it would be better to use the LMG anyway since other specs will still prefer it.

Got some timeless tokens and a couple burdens to upgrade them, is it worth breaking my ToT 4pc to upgrade my raid finder peices?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khaz-modan/Kragermilton/simple

I would be upgrading my chest and gloves.

I would say yes to upgrading them.  4-piece isn't that great.

Upgrading a shitty T15 502 pc for a 535 better itemized one?  CHYEA!!  You didn't particualrly want the 4pc as Destruction (or any spec, really) even if you had the 543 version and had a 549 to change it to.  You're comparing a 510 to a 543 (after upgrading).  It's a no brainer, man.

Hey, since destro is starting to make a comeback do you think you could explain the rotation strategy and priority for 5.4?

Is the 5.2 rotation and priority still viable?

Thanks

Hey, since destro is starting to make a comeback do you think you could explain the rotation strategy and priority for 5.4?

Is the 5.2 rotation and priority still viable?

Thanks

The 5.2 guide is applicable...there is no change to rotation or spell priority.  Incinerate and Chaos Bolt just hit harder.

The 5.2 guide is applicable...there is no change to rotation or spell priority.  Incinerate and Chaos Bolt just hit harder.

Doesn't the guide say to use RoF in a single target rotation?

RoF is still good to use single target, especially with Haste.  Just because the Ember generation got nerfed doesn't mean it's not good to use.  It's just not AS important.  It is still a favorable thing to do.  People got excited about the nerf to RoF Ember generation and assumed it was near nothing.  It's still a high DPET ability especially if you keep Immolate on your target.

If you're ONLY playing Destruction, you could do that.  Gahhda might be able to go more in depth with the Crit rating crap.  I don't know how acceptable playing Destruction on every fight is, nor do I think playing Affliction/Demo with a heavy Crit build is a wise idea. 

Is crit now acceptable for destro? I see positive crit scaling in SimC, leading to something like Crit > Haste >= Mastery.

I really think is a waste do that because where Destro shines is in Heavy AOE, so, reforging thinking about aoe, for me, is way better for both affli OS and Destro main-spec.

I still suggest mastery > crit > haste build even with incinerate recent buffs.

RoF is still good to use single target, especially with Haste.  Just because the Ember generation got nerfed doesn't mean it's not good to use.  It's just not AS important.  It is still a favorable thing to do.  People got excited about the nerf to RoF Ember generation and assumed it was near nothing.  It's still a high DPET ability especially if you keep Immolate on your target.

RoF haste breakpoints are 1330/8064/14873/too damn high

Everyone is going to inherently hit the 8064 break point, and hitting 14873 would be far too much loss of mastery.  So basically, everyone will have +2 ticks (not including temporary buffs).  Seems I'm not the only one thinking RoF wasn't worth it any more for single target... is +2 ticks really worth a rotation that would otherwise not include it?

Edited by Kaboozey

Hey guys on fights like Norushen... what do you think of using havoc glyph vs unglyphed? Thanks

No.  You'll be using Havoc more often than every 60 seconds.

so far the only fight i've seen destro as worthwhile is spoils. demo with MF is crazy stupid burst as long as you save some fury going into it. even the fights where destro SHOULD do well, demo's single-target sustain is so much better than destro just falls behind once the adds are dead (which is generally a matter of seconds).

1) Time has been extremely limited for me.  Since Destro didn't really change, I didn't modify the guide.  It is, essentially, the same as it was in 5.2.  I know it's not as pretty...when I have some time, I'll doctor it up.

2) As attached as you want to be.  Keep 522/535 over 553/566?  No.