LokiCoder

Best Classes for Solo/Group PVE & PVP

2 posts in this topic

Which classes are best for Solo PVE, Group PVE, Solo PVP, and Group PVP?

I've set up a table with ratings for each of these four categories, but I have no idea how to rate each class. If you have any opinions on this, do me a favor and rate each class.

I gave Warlocks the following:

5/5 Solo PvE: pets that tank, melee, or range DPS, ranged DPS, threat dumps, healing, massive amounts of CC, self-ressurection, powerful cooldowns, and strong executes

5/5 Group PvE: provides summons, healthstones, CC support, powerful damage, cleaving and AoE abilities, stamina and spell power buff, and can battle-res

4/5 Solo PvP: strong against some, weak against others. Without a pocket healer, Warlocks are susceptible to various abilties such as Warrior reflect, any silencing effect, Rogues, etc. As always, it depends on the calibur of the Warlock against the calibur of the other player, but I generally find those types of things difficult to handle a lot.

5/5 Group PvP: when not focused, Warlocks can deliver win-creating CC, peeling, and burst to kill healers. Cleaving, AoE, and self-healing allow for lots of group synergy.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thaosin
      Who are we?
      [Onyxias Rejects] is a newer Horde guild on Mok’Nathal/Silvermoon whose core banded together to create a guild with a welcoming and enjoyable environment for raiding. Our motto is to have fun.
      Our goal is to be a known, organized, and skilled group of individuals who excel in working as a team to overcome the hardest this game has to offer while it is still current and have a good time doing it.
      Raiding Schedule and Participation:
      We are a raiding guild, but with an easier schedule for players balancing real life with play time.
      Tuesday: 5PM-7PM PST
      Wednesday: 5PM-7PM PST
      Requirements:
      We are more interested in your ability as a player than your gear; we are willing to help you gear up if you can demonstrate your willingness and ability to be a contributing raider.
      Prior raid experience isn’t required. Recent raid experience is highly desirable, but not required.
      What do we do outside of raid?
      The guild will begin to regularly partake in high Mythic+ keys, Nightbane, and other group activities.
      Occasional BG and Arena groups regularly pop up as well.
      Some of our members are known to kick it in Overwatch, Heroes, and several other games while the rest of us just hang out in Discord.
      Voice Chat:
      We use Discord for all guild related content. We prefer you to have a working mic but it is not a requirement, as long as you can listen and respond promptly. We encourage people to be active in strategy discussions before and after raid.
      Loot System:
      We use Loot Council with the assistance of add-ons to help distribute the loot. Details on how we use this system are posted on our website.
      Progression:
      9/10N Nighthold
      3/3H Trial of Valor
      7/7H Emerald Nightmare
      Current Recruitment Needs:
      Healers:
      Paladin, Monk, Druid
      Melee DPS:
      All
         Ranged DPS:
      Druid, Mage, Priest, Warlock, Shaman
      Tanks:
      Paladin, Death Knight, Monk
      Druid - Low
      Package deals are welcome, but please let us know about the situation ahead of time.
      Please don’t hesitate to contact us either through BattleNet or in-game
      Thaosin-Mok’Nathal (Thanos#1394) - GM

• By Babblet
      Location: Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof
      About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now, for all intents and purposes, a two day raiding guild. We had to cut our total hours spent playing WoW but we still remain just as competitive and result oriented.
      Mandatory reading.
      Basics: ilvl 885+; 40+ points in MS Artifact Weapon; DMG Dealers 400k+ DPS ST.
      Raiding 101: ability to execute/avoid fight mechanics; communicate in English and use a microphone.
      We raid twice a week, a total of 8 hours; attendance of 90% is mandatory. We require you to function at 100% from the second the raid starts all the way to its end; if you cannot commit to a raiding schedule and be online on time this is not a guild for you.
      GRepairs and flasks are provided by GBank; members pitch in mats and/or gold to help out. Guilds preparedness to raid and supply its members with enchants/etc is a team effort. If you are accepted as a member be prepared to do your part.
      Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.
      Recruitment: Currently we are only accepting Ranged DPS / Heals.

Legion Progression:
      EN 7/7 Normal - 7/7 Heroic
      ToV 3/3 Normal - 3/3 Heroic
      NH 10/10 Normal - 7/10 Heroic

Contacts:
      Battle.net BTag: Sodium#11394
    • By Furtivvo
      *Affliction Lock - Orc, ilevel 885, 38 artifact traits*
      1600-1700 2's rating: with a Resto Shaman
      1800+ 3's rating: with a Resto Shaman/DH
      Pets: Fel Hunter (Permanent) then: Inferno stun / Fel hunter

My question is how do you play with your lock in 2's vs 3's strategy?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (1). Do you just outlast and wait for dampening? spread pressure, UA+Drain when you can, and try and outlast with:

Talents: Writhe / Absolute / Howl / Siphon / Demon / Service / Phantom ?

Honor Talents: Relentless / Mind Quickness / Tongues or Weakness / Nether / Deaths Embrace / Amplify ?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (2). OR do you try to set up burst windows? with some what spread pressure    (its hard to get dots on both healer/dps) but CC chain the healer and burst with UA + Drain on the DPS for a kill window? with:

Talents: MG / Absolute / Howl / Siphone / Demon / Service / Phantom?

Honor Talents: Relentless / Mind Quickness / Tongues or Weakness / Nether / Deaths Embrace / Amplify ?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      For 3's I do the (1) for the spread pressure since its hard for the healer to maintain, but for 2's I keep trying (1) and (2), I just cant seem to find the right way to climb in 2's
      Any advice on talents/honor talents or play style for Affliction in 2's or 3's? or anything you try with your healers? I'm open for suggestions and talent changes

thank you.
    • By Furtivvo
      *Affliction Lock - Orc, ilevel 885, 38 artifact traits*
      1600-1700 2's rating: with a Resto Shaman
      1800+ 3's rating: with a Resto Shaman/DH
      Pets: Fel Hunter (Permanent) then: Inferno stun / Fel hunter

My question is how do you play with your lock in 2's vs 3's strategy?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (1). Do you just outlast and wait for dampening? spread pressure, UA+Drain when you can, and try and outlast with:

Talents: Writhe / Absolute / Howl / Siphon / Demon / Service / Phantom ?

(2). OR do you try to set up burst windows? with some what spread pressure    (its hard to get dots on both healer/dps) but CC chain the healer and burst with UA + Drain on the DPS for a kill window? with:

Talents: MG / Absolute / Howl / Siphone / Demon / Service / Phantom?

For 3's I do the (1) for the spread pressure since its hard for the healer to maintain, but for 2's I keep trying (1) and (2), I just cant seem to find the right way to climb in 2's
      Any advice on talents/honor talents or play style for Affliction in 2's or 3's? or anything you try with your healers? I'm open for suggestions and talent changes

thank you.