Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valhella69

Reforging

11 posts in this topic

Hey all.

First time poster and all that.

I would just like to find out if the reforging on my gear is correct for a fire mage.

http://eu.battle.net...lhella/advanced

at the moment with current gear i am getting roughly 30k dps which seems to be very low Posted Image

I do not have any logs from world of logs.

One thing i did notice which i should not be doing is hard casting Pyro blast is that correct ?

my rotation is some thing along the lines of

Fireball , Pyroblast , Living bomb , flame Orb , scorch

well something like that...

so the next thing I will be trying will be what Icy Veins has in their guide to see if it makes a difference.

I did use ask mr robot to reforge my gear.

regards,

Hrm... I popped onto my mage for the first time in AGES and seem to be pulling ~27k in LFR gear unbuffed.

I do hardcast pyro BUT only if the dot is about to expire and the instant hasn't procced.

Mr robot at the moment is a bit funny, it likes to try and tell me how to reforge my gear for pvp.

You can play about with the stat weights on it as well, so have a check of exactly what they should be and then you can customize it to work a little better ;)

You can also check out http://www.noxxic.com/

Just select either PvE or PvP, your class/spec, and check out the reforge tab.

I find it useful when I have to double check Mr. Robot's reforge suggestion, just to make sure I get the right crit and whatnot.

I hope this was helpful :) I don't know much about Fire Mages.

You can also check out http://www.noxxic.com/

We probably have one of the best class guide offering of the whole Internet here, so there's no need to link to external sites, especially those that do not engage in any sort of research or experiment.

Here's the page of interest: http://www.icy-veins.com/fire-mage-pve-statistics-priority-reforging

at the moment with current gear i am getting roughly 30k dps which seems to be very low Posted Image

I do not have any logs from world of logs.

One thing i did notice which i should not be doing is hard casting Pyro blast is that correct ?

my rotation is some thing along the lines of

Fireball , Pyroblast , Living bomb , flame Orb , scorch

well something like that...

Hello Valhella, to reply to your question, your reforging and gemming choices are very good.

Indeed you should not be hard casting spell_fire_fireball02.jpgPyroblast, in the general case. You can do that when you need a spell_fire_fireball02.jpgPyroblast crit for spell_fire_sealoffire.jpgCombustion and this cannot wait. This happens when you want to use spell_fire_sealoffire.jpgCombustion at specific times, for example when there is a pack of adds to kill, so that you can spread it with spell_fire_meteorstorm.jpgImpact.

If you cannot provide combat logs, you can always give us the percentage of damage you do with each ability, and we can tell you if this is normal. Other than that, you didn't mention in which circumstances you are doing 30k DPS. If this is on a training dummy, this is very good with your gear.

1 person likes this

On the noxxic subject... is it acurate for mages? The hunter section has, or at least had the last time I was on it, major errors. Personally I don't overly rate it. As it is contributed by random players it is a bit like wikkipedia... not particularly reliable imo!

I find this site much easier to follow & more comprehensive.

I need to remember to hard cast Pyro when my combustion is off CD.

That shit will just sit and not be used for too damn long and I never remember to hardcast pyro.

I'm a bad mage.

Just a quick question: Don't you have to hardcast Pyroblast at the start of the fight as well? Our mages start casting during the countdown and their pyroblast hits as soon as the countdown hits 0 and the tank engages the boss.

You don't "have" to. It's a bit like pre-potting, a progression-only DPS optimisation :P

Thanks for the replies :)

the 30k i am getting is on Ultrax HC

sometimes i average about 27K.

other hc bosses i avg in the 20k dps range.

on dummies i get about 24k.

my only worry is that raid buffed crit is 34%

self buffed i am about 28%

with regards to % done with each ability how would you like me to give this to you?

I use recount so i could take screen shots if i have to.. or something.

Yes, you can take a screenshot of your recount, that would be useful ;)

If you don't know where to upload the image, you can make a free account at imgur.com

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding. We cleared through Nighthold heroic a number of months ago and need some more people in order to jump into mythic. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. At this time we are full on tanks and healers.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - MM Hunter, Warlock and Shadow Priest but all classes will be considered
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 905~ ilvl
      - 50+ traits.
      - 8 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM.
      Mage: Frost.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Secret Mage Standard Un'Goro Deck.
    • By KenDx
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/Feufou/advanced
      Hello. This is my first time posting here. I'd like to ask for yer advice on what should I aim to do with my Fire mage, and how do I enhance my performance with it, specially on single target dps. 
      I believe my problem are my current secondary stats/equipment, my legendary choices and my trinkets, in that order of priority. I'd love to hear your input on any or all of these aspects and see how could I improve.
      1) My current stats are 38% crit (turns into 53% base), 20% haste, and 12% mastery. From what I understand, Mastery should be over Haste. I also have a 2-set from Nighthold (I also have the gear for a 4-set but I think the 4-set bonus isn't worth the enormous loss on ilvl). Is this reasoning correct to you? What do you think I should aim to get next to better improve my toon? I do already have a Back piece that would take my 2-set bonus away but is a 15% upgrade (Pawn), 20 ilvls above the current back. 
      2) I've got 6 legendaries: Belo'vir's Last Stand (Chest), Marquee Bindings of the Sun King (Wrists), Pyrotex Ignition Cloth (Hands), Norgannon's Foresight (Feet), Sephuz's Secret (Ring) and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish (Trinket). I usually use the gloves and ring for AoE situations, and gloves and trinket for single target. My most recent legendary are the wrists, and I have to assume it'll drastically improve my single target dps, but I actually see my numbers go down rather than up, at least when practicing with dummy targets. 
      These is my "replacement" gear for each part as of now, if it helps:
      Chest - 875 Vers/Mast NH set or 910 Vers/Crit
      Wrists - 905 Crit/Vers
      Hands - 890 Crit/Haste
      Feet - 890 Mast/Haste
      Ring - 900 Vers/Mast
      Trinket - 895 Star Gate, 895 Deteriorated Construct Core, 890 Icon of Rot, 885 Whispers in the Dark.
      3) My main trinkets are made for AoE, having Whispers of the Dark for a potential increase in single target dps, and legendary trinket. What other trinkets should I strive to get for better performance there? Any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and help me. I'll truly appreciate any advice.