FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Pet Battles: Garrison Pet Menagerie Dailies

16228-pet-battles-garrison-pet-menagerie

Find out how to grind out your pet charms to help your collection. This guide will allow to you to complete each garrison menagerie daily successfully while trying to keep the overall number of pets to a minimum.

PLEASE NOTE SINCE THE PREPATCH THE FIGHTS THAT USE PANDAREN WATER SPIRIT ARE NO LONGER VIABLE DUE TO CHANGES - I WILL BE LOOKING INTO NEW GUIDES FOR LEGION

Introduction

Although this is not specifically a gold making guide, I will refer to the pet menagerie dailies in some of my future posts.  Battle pets make up a large proportion of my gold income at this time and I use the garrison dailies to level up my pets and improve their quality as well.

Whether you are here just to level your pets, or to help in your gold making, the below will still be very useful to either level your pets quickly, or obtain achievement_guildperk_honorablemention.jPet Charm to help improve your collection.  This standalone guide will help gold makers and general pet battlers alike. 

I have tried to ensure that all the pets that are used below are fairly easy to obtain.  The following guide is intended for all players regardless of your experience with pet battles (even if you have never pet battled before you can get started fairly quickly).  
So if you are new to pet battles, do not have access to a wide range of pets, or you are a pet veteran, this guide should still be useful.

The majority of the pets that I use can be purchased at the auction house if you do not wish to farm for them.  Due to the fact you will use some of the pets for multiple encounters, those that you may have to purchase should be a good investment and you should get plenty of use out of them.

If you are unsure what is an acceptable amount to pay for a particular pet then visit https://wow-pets.com/.  This website (although not always fully accurate) will give new players at least some indication as to what a pet is roughly worth at both level 1 and level 25.

Please note that with all pet battles there are a large number of variations of completing them.  The pets and tactics I use below are meant to keep the total number of pets as low as possible. This means that although each individual encounter may not be the most efficient, the below methods should have 100% success rate without having to worry about RNG.

Getting Started

If you are brand new to pet battles and you are yet to unlock your menagerie I have a Youtube guide that can walk you through the initial quest chain HERE.

Please note the pets that I use to unlock the menagerie are pets that you will use for your dailies as well, so like I mentioned above if you do need to spend gold to buy them on the AH they will be a good investment.  Alternatively if you either can't afford to buy them or there are none available on your auction house, you can ask a friend to borrow their pets to unlock the menagerie then trade them back.

If you already have a number of pets at level 1 and you are wanting to level them up as fast as possible then use my power leveling guide HERE.  The method uses one of the garrison dailies, so be aware that it is only available once every 15 days.  Please note it is only this one daily quest that still offers experience to your pets!

Why should I complete the garrison pet dailies?

Whether you are a pet collector or a gold maker the garrison pet dailies offer the quickest way to obtain your achievement_guildperk_honorablemention.jPet Charm.  These can be used to purchase a number of items that will either upgrade your pets increasing their levels and / or their quality), or purchase other pets.

At this time I use the garrison to level pets for both my own personal collection, and to level pets I wish to sell.  Having large amounts of pet charms will allow you to get your pets to level 25 and rare quality faster, so you can complete your collection or maximize your profits on the auction house.

Some of the daily quests only take 2 minutes to complete, so it shouldn't add too much time to your regular garrison routine.

What pets will I need?

The pets I use for the dailies are as follows:

For 14 of the 15 dailies I use only 8 pets:

• Enchanted Broom is purchasable for 40xability_paladin_artofwar.jpgChampion's Seal Argent Tournament dailies (horde only) or you can buy it from the Black Market Auction House / Auction House.
  • Hydraling is contained in Varasha's Egg a reward from a rare mob event encounter 29,41 Spires of Arak (also available from the auction house).

The only daily quest which does not include the above pets is for Kromli & Gromli which can use any three spider pets (which are fairly easy to tame at high level from a number of zones).

The daily quest encounters follow a set round robin rotation which can be found in our menagerie guide HERE.  This means that each daily only appears once every 15 days.  

Strategies

i have listed each individual garrison daily quest below.  Each daily has an attached Youtube video that helps to explain each encounter and a list of moves you will need to complete them.

Stitches Jr.

Pets Required: Pandaren Water Spirit and Chrominius

Youtube Guide

Start with Pandaren Water Spirit

1. Geyser
2. Whirlpool
3. Swap to Chrominius
4. Howl
5. Surge of Power

Manos, Hanos, and Fatos

Pets Required: Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling & Nexus Whelpling

Youtube Guide

Start with Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling

1. Breath until Manos dies
2. Decoy when Hanos enters the battle
3. Breath until your MPD dies
4. Nexus Whelpling Frost Breath

Deebs, Tyri, and Puzzle

Pets Required: Enchanted Broom & Weebomination (plus a pet you wish to level)

This method is intended to be used to level up your pets (as it is the only garrison daily that retains experience)  You can level any level 1 pet from 1-22 in four battles (~6-7minutes) and from 1-25 in 6 battles (10-11mins).

Youtube Guide

Start with Enchanted Broom

1. Sweep
2. Swap to leveling pet
3. Swap to Weeb
4. Cleave until your Weebomination dies
5. Enchanted Broom Batter 

Brutus and Rukus

Pets Required: Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius and Enchanted Broom

Youtube Guide

1. Geyser
2. Whirlpool
3. Swap to Chrominius
4. Howl
5. Bite until Howl is back up
6. Howl
7. Enchanted Broom Batter

Mr. Terrible, Carroteye, and Sloppus

Pets Required: Pandaren Water Spirit and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling

Youtube Guide

1. Water Jet until PWS dies
2. Breath until Sloppus comes in
3. Decoy
4. Breath

The Beakinator

Pets Required: Nexus Whelpling

Youtube Guide

Start with Nexus Whelpling

1. Arcane Storm
2. Mana Surge

Queen Floret and King Floret

Pets Required: Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling

Youtube Guide

1. Geyser
2. Whirlpool
3. Swap to Chrominius
4. Howl
5. Bite
6. Bite
7. Surge of Power (Chrominius dies)
8. Whirlpool
9. Water Jet (once or twice depending if PWS dies)
10. Breath

Kromli and Gromli

Please note: I am currently revising this method to make improvements (Youtube video guide as well).  It is a long fight regardless what pets you choose to use and is one of the dailies I generally skip.  If you do have two to three spiders available give it a try.

Pets required: Two-Three Spiders

Youtube Guide

1. Brittle Webbing (ensure debuff is applied at all time as my YT video doesn't)
2. Leech life
3. Strike as filler

Grubbles, Scrags, and Stings

Pets Required: ChrominiusEnchanted Broom and Nexus Whelpling

Youtube Guide

Start with Chrominius

1. Howl
2. Bite
3. Bite
4. Pass
5. Pass (Chrominius dies)
6. Enchanted Broom Batter until Scrags dies
7. Clean Up
8. Sweep
9. Batter (Enchanted broom may die at this point)
10. Nexus Whelpling Mana Surge

Jahan, Samm, Archimedes

Pets Required: Nexus Whelpling

Youtube Guide

1. Arcane Storm
2. Mana Surge
3. Arcane Storm

Eleanor

Pets Required: Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius

Youtube Guide

1. Geyser
2. Whirlpool
3. Swap to Chrominius
4. Howl
5. Surge of Power

Tirs and Fiero

Youtube Guide

1. Geyser
2. Whirlpool
3. Swap to Chrominius
4. Howl
5. Surge of Power
6. Whirlpool
7. Water Jet

Rockbiter, Stonechewer, and Acidtooth

Pets Required: Hydraling

Youtube Guide

1) Deep Bite
2) Deep Bite
3) Shell Armour
4) Deep Bite
5) Shell Armour off cd
6. Deep Bite as filler

Quintessence of Light

Youtube Guide

1. Geyser
2. Whirlpool
3. Swap to Chrominius
4. Howl
5. Surge of Power

Blingtron 4999b, Protectron 011803, and Protectron 022481

Pets Required: Teroclaw Hatchling

Youtube Guide

1. Nature's Ward
2. Claw
3. Dodge if Reflect is up
4. Nature's Ward when off CD
5. Claw

Wrap Up!

Hopefully you find these guides useful!  Like I have previously mentioned there are a wide variety of solutions to each pet daily, hopefully this will encourage you to do some of the more "difficult" ones and get those achievement_guildperk_honorablemention.jPet Charm!  

Try and do as many as you can, and keep an eye out for my future guides on battle pets, and how I utilise them to make gold!

1 hour ago, shann said:

awesome guide tyty

You're very welcome and I'm glad its useful!

It will need an update for Legion due to the incoming changes to the "Hwolbomb" technique so hopefully I can keep the total number of pets down!

Since the pre-patch Blizzard decided to nerf the "Howlbomb" strategy (it was OP so no real complaints from me.  The rewards have also been nerfed (each garrison daily can only be completed once per account and only rewards half of the pet charms (so 4-5 per day rather than 8-10 per character).

Due to the reward nerfs I don't feel it is worth the time to readjust this guide to meet the new changes.  Obviously WoWhead is a great resource for each fight if you wish to look for alternatives, but the intention of this guide was for players to mass earn pet charms with a small battle pet team.  With this no longer viable I would prefer to use my time preparing for other Legion battle pet encounters!

Good luck folks!