Speakre

Trinkets: Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan assault

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

5.2 Shadow Priests:

Need help with this one. Why exactly is the 522 Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault, which provides a haste value just above than your haste break pt and essentially doubles your haste more than 2x, is valued less than the 522 Wushoolay’s Final Choice, which, at best through reforging, provides 500 haste .

Yes, Intellect gains this trinket provides equates to nice spell power, but Haste is king for shadow, is it not?

From my research from world of logs, all top dpsing spriest have Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault equipped. Why is there such a disconnect between what people playing actually using and what the “Theory-craft” online states?

Someone help clear this up

Edited by Speakre

Lots have happened since yesterday. We pugged another, very similiar ilvl spriest into our group, and on a single target boss fight, I got beat. I was stacking Haste and mastery past 2nd haste cap prior.. without yet having my legendary meta or lei shen trinket. While he stacked crit and mastery past 2nd haste cap. Though he had his 2 set bonus and I did not, he beat me cleanly by 10k damage. I've since reforged to crit and mastery, and dropped the volatile trinket for wushoolay.

Lesson of the story folks. Listen to the theorycraft. Thought I'd follow up to this and admit to this pie in the face moment to help other spriest out and clear up any potential confusion.

A bit more information:

• We both were specc'd in insainity and Power Infusion
  • The boss fight was Dark Animus
  • Will follow up next week once my guild hits Dark Animus again to report my numbers. I'll be able to assess my re-speccing differences on our farm bosses as well.

I've spent a good deal of time looking into this trinket issue, and from What I've researched, having any of the T15 trinkets as an spriest, requires you to change your stat priority from crit > haste to haste > crit because of the effect haste has on proc rate.

Wushoolay's Final Choice especially is tied to your haste. At 18% haste, the uptime rate for me was only %... at 27% haste the uptime rate jumped to 40%, which is a truly massive increase in damage from that trinket alone.

Breath of the Hydra has an equally significant increase uptime from 21% to 39%.

Volatile Talisman procs are not effected by Haste increases.