FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Spritey81

Shamans made HS boring?

I don't know about you, but I am still climbing the ladder and all I run into are...wait for it...shamans...and they all are playing the exact same deck.

Does this bore anybody else? I built a Deck specifially against this type of deck and oh boy..climbed from 11 to 6 in under 2 hours.

Sure, climbing like that is fast but not fun. It is just so boring always running into braindead players who don't even try to create their own deck and just copy a deck.

On one hand...thank you braindead shamans for playing totem and/or evolution. You make my climb very fast.

On the other hand...jeez people...use that thing in your head and try to think for yourselves for a change.

So, do you agree? Have Shamans made HS boring?

ps. forgive my english...it is not my first language

greetz

Edited by Spritey81

I don't know about you, but I am still climbing the ladder and all I run into are...wait for it...shamans...and they all are playing the exact same deck.

Does this bore anybody else? I built a Deck specifially against this type of deck and oh boy..climbed from 11 to 6 in under 2 hours.

Sure, climbing like that is fast but not fun. It is just so boring always running into braindead players who don't even try to create their own deck and just copy a deck.

On one hand...thank you braindead shamans for playing totem and/or evolution. You make my climb very fast.

On the other hand...jeez people...use that thing in your head and try to think for yourselves for a change.

greetz

I feel like this is, unfortunately, part of Hearthstone. The meta shifts towards certain decks and everyone plays them, like when the ladder was filled with patron warriors or secret paladins.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the meta to shift again!

Such is the life of Hearthstone.

I don't even care about rank, so most of my decks are fun decks that I just toss together randomly to see if they work.

Like I have a Yogg-Saron Warrior deck with 5 minions and 24 spells.

It doesn't rank me up, since I don't win that often, but it is fun as hell.

• Like 1

That is also a way to look at it. I guess I will have to just accept it and move on. But I am glad to see you make decks that are fun for you and not copy some deck found online. :)

That is also a way to look at it. I guess I will have to just accept it and move on. But I am glad to see you make decks that are fun for you and not copy some deck found online. smile.png

I feel like, unfortunately, this is just a part of Hearthstone. Sometimes the meta leans towards really annoying decks (looking at you face Hunter), and you just have to pray that it changes quickly.

I dunno. I havent been able to get higher than 15 with the Blood lust Shaman deck... Don't have the cards to make something else that is refined.

I dunno. I havent been able to get higher than 15 with the Blood lust Shaman deck... Don't have the cards to make something else that is refined.

The F2P struggles are real :(

I just never play Shaman, I can't stand the playstyle. Every other hero I have is level 60, Shaman is like level 25 or so. I just can't stand it.

I'm sticking with my Yogg Mage for now. It's not amazing, but god is it fun. Aggro Paladin could be another solution for you, the Divine Shield deck. 

https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/legendary-paladin-aggro-rush-standard-deckis the more expensive version.

https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/low-budget-paladin-aggro-rush-standard-deckthe cheap version.

Or just play Rager Deck. It is one of the worst decks out there, it almost never works, it is quite expensive, but on the other hand... Wait, it actually has no upsides. Anyway, try Zoo, it's cheap and strong.

• Like 1

Or just play Rager Deck. It is one of the worst decks out there, it almost never works, it is quite expensive, but on the other hand... Wait, it actually has no upsides. Anyway, try Zoo, it's cheap and strong.

That sounds like my kind of deck. LIST PLS.

Im still playing shaman it seems pretty good , didnt have any problems getting some ranks after the reset this month

Yeah, it's definitely still a strong deck. I run into it fairly often, but it has definitely given way in popularity to other decks. It was a nightmare a few weeks ago :p

That sounds like my kind of deck. LIST PLS.

Wild Rager Priest has 47% winrate (ranks 13-11) so far and with more tuning, it can definitely have more than 50%

xg1QLj8.jpg

• Like 3

greetz

Well, the reason is that HS is not pretty balanced and rich as chess. When more people will try to counter shaman it'll be More diverse and fun. Btw I play shaman because I played bloodlust before old gods and it was cheapest deck to build for me. I like it more than other my decks, it's more refined.

• Like 1

That is also a way to look at it. I guess I will have to just accept it and move on. But I am glad to see you make decks that are fun for you and not copy some deck found online. smile.png

I feel like, unfortunately, this is just a part of Hearthstone. Sometimes the meta leans towards really annoying decks (looking at you face Hunter), and you just have to pray that it changes quickly.

I think this is part of every game)

I think this is part of every game)

Very true. It's always tough when the meta shifts against something you enjoy playing. It happened to me in WoW and it wasn't nice :p

Maybe it's just the luck of the draw.  When I play I end up against a variety of opponents, Shaman doesn't appear anymore than any other type.  When it is a Shaman, yes they are running a totem deck more often than not.  But I don't see it as a hugely powerful deck, less so than the traditional face hunter.  I'm guess it will fall out of favor soon and you'll see it a lot less.  Then something else will just replace it and you'll have to alter your strategy accordingly.

I mainly play ZOO these days and Shamans are so annoying. It's like they always draw their 2 Lightning Storms in the first few turns, no matter what tongue.png

I started to feel this same with Zoo's as it just seemed unless you could just rush em you were screwed. The meta will shift away and maybe something you enjoy playing more will rise to the top! :D

I started to feel this same with Zoo's as it just seemed unless you could just rush em you were screwed. The meta will shift away and maybe something you enjoy playing more will rise to the top! biggrin.png

We had the perfect zoo-stomper with patron... RIP Warsong Commander October 2015

I keep coming across mages, I play a hunter love playing traps, but I have seen a few shamans just rush them and control the board fast

Ainsley

I keep coming across mages, I play a hunter love playing traps, but I have seen a few shamans just rush them and control the board fast

Ainsley

Yeah, it's tough. If a Shaman draws well, you have serious problems.

I created the Bloodlust Shaman deck because it was the first deck on Icy-Veins that I could actially build in its entirety. I use it every now and then, but I treated it more as a study in how to construct a good deck.

The nice thing is, it's also helped me identify when I'm up against that kind of deck, and I can plan accordingly. :)

Wow, nice talks. Very informative. I created a beast of a paladin deck...combination of murloc, C'Thun and N'Zoth. I play it like a switch hitter in boxing. First you start off with Some aspect and only play that aspect for a few rounds, The opponent thinks you have a certain deck. And then you play out something totally wrong in that deck (like when you suddenly box left handed instead of right). I mostly imagine really confusing my opponent then. And then later, you add the third part that really is wrong and you just surprise the heck out of your opponent.

I need to tweak it a bit more...but I think I have narrowed down a build with these three aspects of paladin. What I also have is the Dragon N'Zoth Murloc annoyance ;)

I have to build these kind of decks. I might not be as competitive as I could be...but I want to have fun. :D

It doesnt feel that much different, there's always been some metas that are strong at different times. Im sure decks that will take them down a peg will start emerging sooner rather than later.