FORUMS
Peelyon

Shiny New Forums

Just wanted to say a massive well done to Damien!

The forums look awesome and I know it';s taken a lot of work to get them up and running!

Any comments or feedback feel free to post below!

When signing in, the username and password font is set very lightly and not that easy to read.

When clicking on someone's reputation (Peelyon's +373 for example), then clicking on 'status replies' you get an empty white page. Going to Peelyon's profile manually, then clicking on content, and finding the 'status replies' does work correctly.

Incorrect link: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/profile/27-peelyon/reputation/?type=core_statuses_reply&change_section=1

Correct link: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/profile/27-peelyon/?do=content&type=core_statuses_reply&change_section=1

There also seem to be some markup issues in existing news posts.

Other than that, looking good so far :)

Edited by PaasKonijn

I think it takes some time for stuff to get rebuild, which could explain some quirks :)

Casually browsing around *cough* I noticed a couple more:

* All 3 of the Shop links all the way at the bottom of the page don't work.

* Search the forums for 'giveaway' and use extra options for titles only and date created within the last month --> 3 results. If you then change the sort order on these 3 results it resets the 'date created' filter option and you suddenly get a lot more search results. It does remember to search titles only though.

* Posting a reply, if you add a reputation colour without selecting text, I'm unable to go back to typing in default black again afterwards. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the use of this button though.

Edited by PaasHaaS

I'd like to see a more visible way of going back to the main/home page from the forums. The small-text "Home" link on the left side isn't visible enough imo.

9 minutes ago, Zadina said:

I'd like to see a more visible way of going back to the main/home page from the forums. The small-text "Home" link on the left side isn't visible enough imo.

This reminds me, funnily enough it works opposite on mobile, making it hard to get back to the forums :p

4 hours ago, PaasHaaS said:

Casually browsing around *cough* I noticed a couple more:

* All 3 of the Shop links all the way at the bottom of the page don't work.

* Search the forums for 'giveaway' and use extra options for titles only and date created within the last month --> 3 results. If you then change the sort order on these 3 results it resets the 'date created' filter option and you suddenly get a lot more search results. It does remember to search titles only though.

* Posting a reply, if you add a reputation colour without selecting text, I'm unable to go back to typing in default black again afterwards. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the use of this button though.

The shop links are just place holders for now. We'll soon unveil our new shop for people who want to support us!

I fixed the issue with the reputation colour and most other things, except for the search behaviour and the status replies broken link, because these are issues with Invision Power Board, and I can't fix them.

Nice and fast bugfixering @Damien, thanks. Since we're on the topic though .. :p If you go to someone's profile, the user group is slightly hidden behind the bar below. So in my case the 'members' is a bit obstructed by the bar with the content count etc info.

• Like 3

Lol, I didn't even know you could mention people @PaasHaaS. Can you screenshot this issue with the user group being obstructed? Doesn't seem to show up on my screen.

5 hours ago, Damien said:

Lol, I didn't even know you could mention people @PaasHaaS. Can you screenshot this issue with the user group being obstructed? Doesn't seem to show up on my screen.

As requested:

members.jpg

@Damien, good work on the new forum!

Should the users rather PM you if they find something? Although I cannot seem to enter text into PM's Message box  :|

@ArchimageHere is fine. I tried identifying the issue you were mentioning, but didn't manage to reproduce it. I logged in as you from the admin control panel and could enter text in the PM's message box without problems.

There is some sort of problem with PMs, since I had an issue last night too. Couldn't respond to one of the giveaway winners when he answered to my "Congratulations, you won" message with some questions on how to activate the key. I answered to him (twice even) and the answers never went through. Had to start a new separate PM conversation with him. Maybe you can't send PMs in pre-existing conversations from before the update?

On 20 May 2016 at 9:33 PM, PaasHaaS said:

This reminds me, funnily enough it works opposite on mobile, making it hard to get back to the forums :p

I've tried to improve this and make it more consistent between the mobile and the desktop version. How is it now?

7 hours ago, Damien said:

@PaasHaaS Is it better now?

All fixed!

3 hours ago, Damien said:

I've tried to improve this and make it more consistent between the mobile and the desktop version. How is it now?

Hmm, I can't see any change on mobile? If I'm inside a thread I still can't seem to find a way to go back to the forums overview, only entirely back to the news-home.

And thanks for bringing the PaaS thing to my attention, I'll have to go and ask a percentage of Oracle's profits off of this.

• Like 1

I seem unable to add a link to a reply. I select a word i'd like to turn into a link, then use the 'link' popup, enter url and after clicking 'insert into post' it just keeps giving me the spinning wheel thingy.

More spam!

I can't edit my posts anymore, when I try to edit I just get a red 'required' text where the post is supposed to be.

Something also went wrong when adding a skill in this post:

Could've just been me being stupid with adding the card(s) though.

@PaasHaaSI don't want to fix that thing on mobile, it's part of the core of the forums and I'm not touching it :p

For all your other issues, can you try turning off Ad Block and see if it helps?

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

@PaasHaaSI don't want to fix that thing on mobile, it's part of the core of the forums and I'm not touching it :p

For all your other issues, can you try turning off Ad Block and see if it helps?

Yup, no Adblock fixed both. Though the red 'required' text is still there at the top as well :p