FORUMS
Peelyon

Shiny New Forums

@PaasHaaSIt means you're required to have text in the editor, that's all. I think I've fixed the issue with ad blockers.

@Damien It's a new day so err, hello?!

When making a new thread, the text editor only shows very limited options: Just the 5 most basic ones in bold/italic/underline/emoticon/link. When you submit the thread and edit it afterwards however, you do get the full range of text editor options.

The text editor is also quit narrow when making a new thread, until you start typing text into the editor that goes beyond its initial length, then the text box grows until you reach its maximum allowed width.

Edited by PaasHaaS
'"

@PaasHaaSCan you please screenshot both the initial editor toolbars and those you subsequently get after editing? (you can post them as attachments to your reply :p)

That's kind of weird. Where do you click to start the new topic? Are there any javascript errors?

@Damien Both the Create, Topic button at the far top of the page and the 'start new topic' button when inside a sub-forum give the limited text editor. I can't see any javascript errors.

Just noticed something even stranger with the new topic text editor: If you click to submit topic with an error (empty title or content), you suddenly gain 3 new text editor buttons! (Quote, UL, OL)

So you start off with just 5 buttons, trying to save and getting an error pushes you up to 8 buttons and after submitting and editting you get all the buttons.

The same behaviour on Mobile, Firefox and Chrome. (I'm not trying IE.)

Looking for errors I see 6x a ReferenceError: ADTECH is not defined and a failed link to https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/applications/core/interface/ckeditor/ckeditor/plugins/anchor/icons/anchor.png?t=G498

Edited by PaasHaaS

@Damien

The same thing happens to me, when I resize my window's width.

It looks to me, that there is an error in the responsive stylesheet, which would be responsible for replacing the toolbar into a new line on window resize.

This also explains why we can only see 5 buttons on smartphone.

@Oltier @PaasHaaS So, there was an issue in the CSS (part of the default CSS, that I overrode to make the Icy Veins theme). Now, the editor should have a proper width and therefore proper toolbars. I can actually define the mobile toolbars. Right now, they're at their default values, which is why they're very bare (there's a small size with 5 buttons and a middle size with 8 buttons).

Which buttons do you think could be useful on mobile and tablets? (all of them?)

@PaasHaaS Could you please click the ADTECH error in the console to see where exactly it comes from in the HTML. I've put stuff in place to prevent them, so it's weird that they still happen.

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

@PaasHaaS Could you please click the ADTECH error in the console to see where exactly it comes from in the HTML. I've put stuff in place to prevent them, so it's weird that they still happen.

if (icy_veins_force_desktop) {
    ADTECH.config.placements[2766977] = { adContainerId: "index_takeover", sizeid: 16, params: { alias: '', target: '_blank' }};
    ADTECH.loadAd(2766977);
  } else {
    ADTECH.config.placements['index_takeover'] = {
      responsive: {
        useresponsive: true,
        bounds: [                    
          {
            id: 3783978,
            min: 0,
            max: 1069
          },
          {
            id: 2766977,
            min: 1070,
            max: 9999
          }
        ]
      }
    };
    ADTECH.loadAd('index_takeover');
  }

The error comes from the ADTECH.config.placements['index_takeover'] line.

Oh and @Damien, as is always the case: Fix something, break something else: The side bar on the right on forums main page has dropped to below all the subforums.

@Damien All fixed indeed! This is exactly why I will happily stick to software development though, webdesign issues like this would just suck the life right out of me.

Anyway, you can make it so that any link that points outside of the Icy Veins domain opens a new tab instead of current tab?  Not sure how many people would actually like that or not.

Happy monday! The text editor shows 4 buttons without image, to the right of the 'Insert Heroes Link'. Buttons are fimg, fdesc, nimg, ndesc. They all seem related to posting news articles, so I assume they're not supposed to be visible.

Edited by PaasHaaS
A letter.

On 27 May 2016 at 9:42 PM, Krazyito said:

Anyway, you can make it so that any link that points outside of the Icy Veins domain opens a new tab instead of current tab?  Not sure how many people would actually like that or not.

Is that not already the case?

13 hours ago, PaasHaaS said:

Happy monday! The text editor shows 4 buttons without image, to the right of the 'Insert Heroes Link'. Buttons are fimg, fdesc, nimg, ndesc. They all seem related to posting news articles, so I assume they're not supposed to be visible.

No, they weren't supposed to show up, lol :p

Is it possible to have a link to "Go to first unread post" within a thread with the new forums? I think the tracking itself exists for this (if I click on the link which points to next unread topic, it takes me to the first unread post within the topic), it would just make navigating slightly easier on multi-page threads.

17 hours ago, drumsmani said:

Is it possible to have a link to "Go to first unread post" within a thread with the new forums? I think the tracking itself exists for this (if I click on the link which points to next unread topic, it takes me to the first unread post within the topic), it would just make navigating slightly easier on multi-page threads.

It's already there, you just need to click on the indicator on the left of the thread's name (either a star if you've contributed to the topic or a disc if you haven't). It'll get you to the first unread post in the thread. Did I make sense? :p

• Like 1