FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Gold Making: Super Squirt Week-End *out of date*

16228-pet-battles-garrison-pet-menagerie

Super Squirt will be upon us this coming week-end (28th-29th May). This is a rare event during which you can power level your pets and make a lot of gold. Find out how!

*The Methods used in this guide are now out of date - an updated version for Legion will be made soon and a link will be placed here when completed*

Introduction

This week I wanted to highlight a rare occurrence.  This coming weekend (28th-29th May) sees the return of "Super Squirt".   Now this is a disclaimer before you get any further!  There is a high possibility that a lot of you may stop reading after the next sentence but for your own gold making sake I implore you to give me a chance and let me explain!  This involves pet battles. There I said it.  I appreciate some players HATE pet battles but even for someone who has never battled pets before it is possible for you to get started in no time at all and make a lot of gold.

Still with me? Good!

Super Squirt has the potential to make you a LOT of gold.  I mean a LOT! 

You may or may not be aware that the garrison pet menagerie has just one daily that allows you to level your pets.  The experience gained from the other dailies was nerfed towards the start of WoD, however for reasons unknown Blizzard decided to retain experience for just one of the fifteen dailies.

This daily is the little girl Squirt who controls the three Diablo pets Deebs, Tyri and Puzzle.

Using just two pets it is possible for you to carry a third pet (even at level 1) and power level it to 25 in just ten minutes.  However as the Squirt daily this week coincides with the Pet Battle Bonus Event (300% extra pet battle experience) it is possible to level any pet from 1-25 in less than FIVE minutes!

Below I will outline not only how to do this, but how to make gold from it as well.  

For a large proportion of the player base, pet battles are boring, but trust me, the gold potential can be ridiculous for some servers.  

As mentioned, Squirt is available once every fifteen days.  As the weekly bonus events only last a week it is pretty rare that the Pet Battle Bonus Event and Squirt daily actually coincide!

Super Squirt lands on Saturday the 28th May for US servers and Sunday 29th May for EU servers!  As it is on a weekend you should hopefully have at least a little time to take part, even if you only have one hour to spare I still believe it will be worth the time and the effort to get ready for this event.

To put it into perspective, the last time this was available was the 30th/31st of December, and it COULD be the last one depending on pet changes made in Legion!

So make the most of it ladies and gentleman!  There is a possibility I will be conducting a 24 hour live stream (stupid right?!) where I will be leveling as many pets as possible.  As I am in the EU this will be on Sunday the 29th May - so follow my Twitch channel www.twitch.tv/peelyon if you want to watch and laugh at me!

The Method

The pet battle itself is a pretty simple one.  Each fight takes around 1 minute 30 seconds to complete and for maximum efficiency you should level your pet from 1-22.  Normally this takes four battles (~6 minutes) but with Super Squirt it is only two battles (~3minutes).

You may be lucky and have the pets required to complete the daily, however it is possible to prepare fairly quickly even if you have never pet battled before!

What do I need to do?

• Ensure your garrison menagerie is unlocked (video guide below)
  • Obtain the Enchanted Broom and Weebomination pets (buy at level 25 or level 1 and level them up)

Firstly you need to set up your garrison menagerie and ensure you can trade / use level 25 pets.  My video below shows you how.  This walkthrough tells you to obtain two pets:

As we are under pressure (time wise), if you cannot get hold of these two pets then in theory the Enchanted Broom and the Weebomination should be able to complete the unlocking quest (I haven't tested it but there should be no problem).  So if you have limited gold or they aren't available on your auction house, don't panic, just prioritise the Enchanted Broom and Weebomination.  If you are able to buy all four pets without too much trouble then I do recommend so as the Water Spirit and Chrominius are useful in a number of other menagerie dailies.

Assuming you have unlocked your menagerie (you do not have to worry what level your menagerie is) you will need just two pets:

• Enchanted Broom is purchasable for 40xability_paladin_artofwar.jpgChampion's Seal Argent Tournament dailies (horde only) or you can buy it from the Black Market Auction House / Auction House.

With any luck you may have these pets already or they will be available on your auction house.  Weebominations are pretty common right now and you should be able to pick them up without too much trouble.  The Enchanted Broom can be a bit more tricky especially if you are on an alliance heavy server.

If you are a horde character it is possible to get an Enchanted Broom in just 3 days of Argent Tournament dailies (assuming you do them all).  If you are an alliance player and there are none on your auction house then remember you CAN buy and trade pets on other servers (if you are active on more than one server).  As a last resort you can always ask friends / guildies to borrow theirs, or perhaps spam bark in trade asking to buy one!

As time is against you, you may have to pay over the odds for the broom, but it is worth the effort!

If you can only get them at level 1 then you will need to level them up yourself.  As I only use the Squirt method to level my pets I don't have any other guides personally how to do this, but remember the pet event is active so even if you have to grind both pets from 1-25 it shouldn't take  too long!

Menagerie Unlocked, Got the Pets, What's Next?!

To maximise your leveling potential it is best to use the Safari HatSafari Hat and also Pet TreatPet Treat and Lesser Pet TreatLesser Pet Treat (you can have all three items active at the same time).  If you are new to pet battles (so no chance of grinding the hat in time) and no pet charms to buy the treats, don't worry.  

As I have already mentioned  each fight takes around 1 minute 30 seconds to complete and for maximum efficiency you should level your pet from 1-22.  At level 22 I then use pet leveling stones to "auto ding" from 22-25.  These are obtained in Mystery BagMystery Bag's which you can purchase from the vendor at your menagerie using achievement_guildperk_honorablemention.jPet Charms.

If you are wanting a guide on how best to obtain your achievement_guildperk_honorablemention.jPet Charms so you can get some pet treats and some leveling tokens then check out my garrison pet guide HERE.

Again this isn't essential, just be aware it will take a little bit longer if you are going to level the full distance to 25.

The Fight Itself

Here is the actual method for completing the fight:

Start with Enchanted Broom

1. Sweep
  2. Swap to leveling pet
  3. Swap to Weeb
  4. Cleave until your Weebomination dies
  5. Enchanted Broom Batter

The video below shows the fight in full and is done during a normal Squirt rotation (so takes around 10 minutes to level a pet fully).

Making Gold with this method

As this is the main reason you're here let's get to it!

I make a substantial amount of my overall gold through the trading of battle pets.  It is quite a volatile market and depending on your own play style / interests there are a number of "markets" you can be involved in.

Pet quality and the level of your pet can have a large impact on the overall price of your pets.  Without going into TOO much detail there are four main ways that you can approach selling pets.

• Farm your own pets to sell (maximum profit but can be time consuming)
  • Trade / Flip level 1 and at any quality (generally low profit, high volume of sales required)
  • Trade / Flip level 25 rare quality (generally low profit, high volume of sales required)
  • Level pets from 1 to 25 rare quality (requires time but can yield a high profit)

Personally, I farm a few pets here and there (not substantially though) and I buy a large volume of level 1 pets.  I then use the Squirt method to level the pets to 25 and always upgrade them to rare quality.  This requires a bit of gold upfront as an investment.

I am not saying any way is the right way.  A lot depends on your own personal time constraints, your server population. region and how you like to trade.  It is also possible to do a combination of the above to maximise your selling potential, but again this can be time consuming overall.

Players are Lazy!

I mention this quite a lot on my stream!  Do not under-estimate how lazy players can be.  The main reason I level the pets to 25  rare quality is so players can use them straight away "out of the box".

My buyers are players who perhaps have read a guide on a particular pet battle, or seen a Youtube video that asks them to use certain pets.  They then trundle off to the auction house, search for the pet and see that there are two options.  Firstly there is a level 1 green pet, then there is my level 25 rare pet.

Players do pay a premium so they can avoid the leveling process.  If leveled "normally" it can be extremely time consuming.  Not everyone is aware of the Squirt method.

As a general rule I "add" 5k to the level 1 price of any pet just for the time and effort of leveling.

Now as you can see I can level a pet in 6minutes with normal Squirt or 3 minutes with Super Squirt.  So regardless of how you perceive your time (gold / hour etc) a possible 5k+ profit for even 10 minutes "work" is arguably a decent return (especially if it is a brand new market that you can get into).

What Pets Should I Level

This is one of the most commonly asked questions.  In theory there aren't many pets that are "better" than others.  As a general rule, the rarer the pet the higher a price you can demand, especially if you are on a low-medium population server where you can sometimes be the only seller of a particular pet.  However to give you a couple of examples of my "best sellers" the following can generally yield a decent price and they sell pretty quickly.

I could go on but then this guide will turn into a monstrosity so I will try and do a more focused guide on the pets I sell in the future!  For Super Squirt I highly recommend you use pets that you already own.  This means you aren't having to invest large sums of gold and you can try the method (and believe it works) before you commit any of your own gold!  Chances are if you have been playing the game for long enough you will have passively built up quite a collection of battle pets without even trying.

Using a few pet addons it is also possible for you to quickly see which pets are "trade-able" so you can get a quick snapshot of what pets you should be leveling (the last thing you want is to level up 10+ pets to find they are all soulbound and you can't sell them!)

These are:

• Pet Journal Enchanced (link to Curse here)
  • Rematch (link to Curse here)

These two addons are both pretty powerful in helping you organise your pets and also get "ready" for leveling.

As you can see from the picture you can apply a large number of filters including the tradeable option.

lLxxZSz.png

Selling Your Pets

I'm not going to go into too much detail as to how you should list your pets.  I have always tried to apply the "5k rule" wherever possible (add 5k onto the general level 1 pet price) and players are generally willing to pay this premium for a fully leveled fully upgraded pet.  However depending on your own personal server population and pet markets this may not be possible.

It all depends on how you value your time as well.  You may be happy with just 1-2k increase in price for 3 minutes work, again that is something that is entirely subjective to you.

If you are unsure of any pet prices then as a quick snapshot guide the website https://wow-pets.com/ is a great resource!  It shows prices for both US and EU regions (just make sure you are using the right one!)

*Warning* Due to the complexity of pets (differing levels, breeds, quality) not all auction house addons are able to list them automatically.  Please be careful when listing your pets as there is a chance that you "undercut" a level 1 green pet with your level 25 rare pet and you will make a buyer very happy indeed!

If you use TSM I do have a pet profile which is available to my Gamewisp Subscribers (more information is available on my stream over at www.twitch.tv/peelyon).  It is based mainly on EU prices I have not had chance to try them on US!  It is possible to create TSM groups which can register the level of the pet but it is pretty tedious!

Wrap Up

Thanks for keeping with me on this one!  It can take a long time for some pets to sell but if you aren't into pets already then it is a great market to get into!

I hope to be doing more focused guides on pet battles in the future that will focus on the pets I sell, so look forward to that.

Any comments queries or success stories below!

• Like 1

nice guide. wish the gold making part was useful to me. been trying to sell pets for 5 months, none of them sell. at least i can make use of the leveling part for my own battle teams.

What server are you on Pandragoon? (make sure you tell me if its US or EU)

What level / quality are you trying to sell at?

I'll have a look and see if I can give some server specific advice!

Thanks for the guide! Even though I never had good luck with pet market, not even today with this guide :( any chance you could give tips EU Argent Dawn Alliance or EU Darkmoon Faire Horde?

Hey anon without going into too much detail Argent Dawn being a high pop server and DMF being a low to med you could do some server swapping really easily!  Buy cheap pets on AD level them up and sell them on DMF for a huge profit!  Then just buy some pets that have a similar value on both servers (TCG and rare pets are good examples) on DMF and sell them back on AD.

It's hard to explain successfully - if you're around on Sunday I will be streaming for a long period of time so follow me on Twitch and we can have a decent chat!

• Like 1