Fillingi

Raging Blow Global Cooldown Latency Issues - Please Help

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just a quick question.

I just want to see if this happens to anybody else, but it has become an issue for me recently. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens for the majority of the time I'm doing damage.

For moves like raging blow, bloodthirst, colossus smash, things like that, the ability doesn't seem to cast right as I hit the button when it's available. There is some sort of delay that lasts maybe 0.5-1 second or so, and it causes me to struggle getting out all the raging blows I've prepared for a colossus smash debuff. Also, it appears that my bloodthirst casts are delayed, and I can't even see whether I'm enraged or not until like a full second afterward.

I've tried lowering all my graphics settings... And I'll just mention that in the past, even with high graphic settings, this has never been an issue as far as I remember. This problem also occurs on my retribution pally, which REALLY hinders things considering haste and speed to generate holy power are essential to their damage.

Please help me, and offer any advice or theories of what could be causing this. Thank you very much.

It sounds like latency. When I used to play a caster, I had an addon that would track the latency and show me when I should push the button to perfectly chain my casts together. My latency is predictable, so I pretty much got it by feel based on what I learned then and get a very high GCD efficiency relative to other players now, even though I don't use that addon anymore.

Quartz and IceHUD both have cast timers that take latency into account.

My bet would be either latency, or some addon interfering. I've had the same kind of things happening to me since MoP, but I've just grown accustomed to play around it -- just requires faster reaction time to your procs and stuff.

-rage

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rafim
      So I've got these two specific items. The ACI is one of the most used trinkets on shadow priest, but compared to the Infernal, it has a low ilvl. The effect of Infernal stacks every second, and since critical strike is now the bis stat for shadow priest,  which one of the trinkets would you pick? 🙂

Thanks in advance! 🙂
    • By Buksh
      Hi all,
      Im not sure where to post this but im hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction.
      TL;DR - My DPS is awful and i want to increase it
      I played fire & frost spec back in cata upto 85 and have recently got back into WoW again and finally realised what people talk about when they play "end game" i wish id known about raiding sooner!
      However, My DPS isnt great at all im eq 959 ilvl but my DPS comes out as low as 8-900 sometimes or i can hold a steady 1.1-1.2M. Simc comes out around 1.7M (obviously in a perfect world) but i still feel im doing something wrong.
      Ive watched videos, read forums and im sure my rotation is right. Im using Flask, Food and Runes and Pre-potting. I have some logs here of garothi.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XRqCaL6jFVpW9MnG#fight=5&type=summary&source=23&view=events
      and this is my Raider.io - https://raider.io/characters/eu/twisting-nether/Buksh
      Not sure if ive posted this in the right place OR if ive given enough info to help. but anything would be hugely appreciated.
    • By ase9900
      what will i lose if i Character Transfer to another realm ?
      is there som kinds of limets to amount of gold
      gear in bags and bank
    • By WindowsSeven
      I'm not entirely sure what I am doing wrong that is getting me this result, but I am getting about a 30k dps difference on training dummy when I use a defile, clawing shadows, shadow infusion build than when I use the recommended talents. I left the rest of my talents unchanged and I have yet to see where the dps difference is coming from (arbiter or clawing shadows), but I'm very confused as to how this could happen. Links to armory and mrrobot below.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/wyrmrest-accord/goragi
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/f3a7a9c5f88e4d10b5cb45224684a073
      Defile damage breakdown, Arbiter damage breakdown
      I felt like I had a harder time keeping my disease up and using coldheart on cooldown (or rather whenever at max stacks) with the arbiter build. Am I missing some key thing or do I just need to git gud? Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192